PDA

View Full Version : LIBERTY HILL vs WACO LA VEGA 4A-DI-R4 REGIONAL SEMI FINALS

LHPfactory
11-22-2015, 08:44 PM
Panthers give the Pirates the and 1 as in 12 and 1 and send LV to the gym...... Go LHHS

Tejastrue
11-22-2015, 08:56 PM
I don't think it will be that easy..

Cam
11-22-2015, 09:06 PM
Panthers give the Pirates the and 1 as in 12 and 1 and send LV to the gym...... Go LHHS

....gosh dangit LHP.....you start a thread and don't even put a poll!...this thread needed a poll!.....and where is the game? I'm thinking of maybe goin' and sittin' with panfan......

panfan
11-22-2015, 09:19 PM
Was wondering if someone was gonna start this or not. Factory where is the poll?

LH facing their toughest challange since AW. But if they play mistake free, limit LV time on e the field with long sustained drives, we'll be fine. Still expect a close game. LV has explosive running backs that we'll need to contain. LH by one score.

panfan
11-22-2015, 09:25 PM
Game is in Killeen.

Tejastrue
11-22-2015, 09:26 PM
This is not your typical LV team..

Bosqueville
11-22-2015, 09:28 PM
Was wondering if someone was gonna start this or not. Factory where is the poll?

LH facing their toughest challange since AW. But if they play mistake free, limit LV time on e the field with long sustained drives, we'll be fine. Still expect a close game. LV has explosive running backs that we'll need to contain. LH by one score.

Their defensive front are very fast. In the backfield quicker than I've seen from anyone this year.

Rocket Man
11-22-2015, 10:30 PM
I'm going with the D13!

Pirates pull away in the second half and set the bballs rolling in Barney land.

slingshot
11-22-2015, 10:45 PM
Wish I could go see this one... should be a fascinating game to watch. My mind tells me LV will win but my gut tells me LH pulls it out.

garciap77
11-22-2015, 11:23 PM
:2thumbsup

Rabid Cougar
11-23-2015, 08:59 AM
Orange balls for the Barneys on Monday.

panfan
11-23-2015, 09:08 AM

Me things RC still bent out of shape over LH and CS's last encounter. :D But enough of that, we know that LV will be tough, but LH is seasoned as well. Burnet nearly took LV down, so they clearly have some chinks in their armor. Our losses came in games where we simply gave the ball back to the opponent to damn many times due to fumbles. As of late, we have cured that issue, against stout defenses, none the less. Me thinks LV is playing round ball on Monday. Should I send them a picture of the Bball I sent to Burnet just to remind them what it looks like????:evillol::evillol::evillol:

Its gonna be a slobberknocker. Panfan Jr is gonna be home and if he aint off at ATM seeing his girlfriend Friday night, he will be at the game to cheer on LH.

LHPfactory
11-23-2015, 09:12 AM

I know your underlying fear RC, CS is hoping that LH is playing Basket Ball by the R4 Championship....
:thumbsup:

LV gets the and 1 as an early Christmas present.

We didn't forget about CS, they get the and 2 next week. :stirpot::stirpot:

buff4ever
11-23-2015, 09:18 AM
I don't know much about lv this year, but would expect this to be a good football game.

Lots of good football finally this week. I guess with 4 teams making playoffs, it takes until late the 3rd week for the better ones to match up.

dk1
11-23-2015, 09:37 AM
Unless its windy and rainy I'm predicting a LaVega win. If LH makes it this week revenge will be CS. And no one has forgotten last years game.

BwdLion73
11-23-2015, 09:45 AM
Forecast for Killeen Friday night....70 to 80% chance of rain & 41.

panfan
11-23-2015, 09:52 AM
Forecast for Killeen Friday night....70 to 80% chance of rain & 41.

We gonna have a deflate gate scandal here???

RkptFltn
11-23-2015, 10:11 AM
LV wins this game IMO. I dont know much about LH this year besides Jon Shannon. I think LV big interior line will keep him quiet all night.

panfan
11-23-2015, 10:38 AM
Wish I could go see this one... should be a fascinating game to watch. My mind tells me LV will win but my gut tells me LH pulls it out.

Smart Gut!!!!

panfan
11-23-2015, 10:44 AM
My unsolicited opinion on this game. LV has more and better athletes on this year's squad. They have dominated teams simply due to athleticism. I also hear they are undisciplined, and maybe even a little hot headed. LH is not flashy, but they are very disciplined and that tends to get under some teams skin. I have no doubt we will have a big challenge playing LV, but I'm thinking we frustrate them just enough, that the undisciplined side of LV starts showing and the mistakes start to occur. We have consistently played teams all year bigger, faster, stronger and have managed to win as long as we execute. I guess we'll see if that approach holds true this week against probably the most athletic team we have faced to date.

greendawg84
11-23-2015, 10:45 AM
This should be a great game . Give me Da Hill in a 13 to 14 type game . Both have good D so I dont see it being a run away . Either way the winner should get CS , so two great weeks of football . We are going to split up this week , middle son will be on the La Vega side , I will be on the Barney side . ( I lost the coin flip , but I will NOT wear Graple )

Cam
11-23-2015, 12:59 PM
.....this is how this game is gonna turn out..........................

Cam
11-23-2015, 01:01 PM
We gonna have a deflate gate scandal here???

....no way dude!......no one passes!......might as well use a pillow case stuffed with cedar chips for a football.......:D

stardog
11-23-2015, 06:07 PM
....no way dude!......no one passes!......might as well use a pillow case stuffed with cedar chips for a football.......:D

If panman sucks the football will be flat !!!!!

LionFan72
11-23-2015, 08:38 PM
This will be great game between 2 well oiled teams, the defense will win with a couple of critical stops, my thinking is to stick with the disciplined team and say LH by 13!

stardog
11-23-2015, 09:08 PM
no team gets this far in playoffs not disciplined. LH might be disciplined with no fumbles but La Vega is lucky ! They fumbled 4 times and recovered 3 against Burnet and recovered 1 onside kick - Burnet also got 1 onside kick

panfan
11-24-2015, 08:49 AM
If panman sucks the football will be flat !!!!!

What you talking bout Astro?

panfan
11-24-2015, 08:51 AM
no team gets this far in playoffs not disciplined. LH might be disciplined with no fumbles but La Vega is lucky ! They fumbled 4 times and recovered 3 against Burnet and recovered 1 onside kick - Burnet also got 1 onside kick

Luck or were they just faster than Burnet.

Bosqueville
11-24-2015, 08:59 AM
Granted I think LV is the better pick to win but if it's raining and cold, something tells me Liberty Hill handles it better. And wins.

LionFan72
11-24-2015, 09:22 AM

Team talent can overcome discipline occasionally, but generally the best team usually follows a game plan, thus disip[line!

garciap77
11-24-2015, 09:24 AM
Team talent can overcome discipline occasionally, but generally the best team usually follows a game plan, thus disip[line!:iagree:

stardog
11-24-2015, 10:59 AM
What you talking bout Astro?

Cam says you suck so referring to deflate gate - LH could hide a flat football easier

Rocket Man
11-24-2015, 11:05 AM
This thread has no chickens; chocolate or soap opera talk = NO FUN............just talking football.

Y'all need to take a look a the CS/Gatesville thread and get hip!

Oh yeah, LV wins this one unless they lose.

panfan
11-24-2015, 11:08 AM
Cam says you suck so referring to deflate gate - LH could hide a flat football easier

and you believe everything you hear, especially from CAM? Poor Astro.:dispntd: LH will hide the ball just fine, and LV will be tackling the wrong guy while another one slips down the sideline.

panfan
11-24-2015, 11:09 AM
This thread has no chickens; chocolate or soap opera talk = NO FUN............just talking football.

Y'all need to take a look a the CS/Gatesville thread and get hip!

Oh yeah, LV wins this one unless they lose.

Don't need no chickens, chocolate, or soaps. CS posters are so dull, they needed ya'll to come in an liven it up for them.

Rocket Man
11-24-2015, 11:12 AM
Don't need no chickens, chocolate, or soaps. CS posters are so dull, they needed ya'll to come in an liven it up for them.

Oh yeah, ought to be some action off this one!!!!!!!!! :stirpot::1popcorn:

panfan
11-24-2015, 11:13 AM
What is La Vega's mascot anyway? Pirates? Seems like this at this same time last year we were playing some nautical based team as well. Oh yeah - it was the RF Pirates. We all know what happened there... LH will find a way to win.

Rocket Man
11-24-2015, 11:14 AM

I was wondering if y'all want us to save y'all some seats for the Regional Final; will y'all want to sit on the LV or the CS side?

More :stirpot:

(I gotta have some fun; I sure didn't have much during the regular season this year)

Cam

...don't give em' no more ideas stardog!....they hide the football plenty good already!......heck, if they used a flat football, they'd be stickin' it in between their butt cheeks and stuff....no no no.....it's hard enough already....

panfan
Oh yeah, ought to be some action off this one!!!!!!!!! :stirpot::1popcorn:

Panfan stirs no pot before its time.

panfan
11-24-2015, 11:15 AM
I was wondering if y'all want us to save y'all some seats for the Regional Final; will y'all want to sit on the LH or the CS side?

More :stirpot:

(I gotta have some fun; I sure didn't have much during the regular season this year)
Fixed it for ya

panfan
11-24-2015, 11:17 AM
...don't give em' no more ideas stardog!....they hide the football plenty good already!......heck, if they used a flat football, they'd be stickin' it in between their butt cheeks and stuff....no no no.....it's hard enough already....

Naw, running with that there causes chaffing, we don't like chaffing.

Cam
11-24-2015, 11:19 AM
here's my take on this game......

Cam
11-24-2015, 11:23 AM
Naw, running with that there causes chaffing, we don't like chaffing.

.....speakin' of chafin'.....I woke up yesterday with an irritated as hell left nipple....(I ain't jokin'!).....even just rubbin' on my shirt makes it hurt....anybody else ever get this?.....I'm about ready to head to the ER!!.....:crying:

Rocket Man
11-24-2015, 11:26 AM
.....speakin' of chafin'.....I woke up yesterday with an irritated as hell left nipple....(I ain't jokin'!).....even just rubbin' on my shirt makes it hurt....anybody else ever get this?.....I'm about ready to head to the ER!!.....:crying:

Chocolate, chickens, soap operas and now nipples..........I can't wait to see what comes up next in the conversation.

Oh yeah, LV wins unless they lose.

Tejastrue
11-24-2015, 11:26 AM
Surely you were warned about the hazards of piercing...

panfan
11-24-2015, 11:36 AM
Chocolate, chickens, soap operas and now nipples..........I can't wait to see what comes up next in the conversation.

Oh yeah, LV wins unless they lose.

Burnet folks gotta keep themselves busy cause they found out round ball is boring.:D CAM had some tactile problems in his misspent youth and its coming back to haunt him now. Astro got a pocket electronic dictionary when he was young and learned way to may big words that he don't know how to use. G-dawg, well G-dawg is G-dawg.

Far as La Vega goes, its gonna be cold and rainy, and we all know how them thare pirate crash and burn during stormy weather.

Rocket Man
11-24-2015, 11:42 AM
Far as La Vega goes, its gonna be cold and rainy, and we all know how them thare pirate crash and burn during stormy weather.

And cats like wet weather?? :spitlol:

panfan
11-24-2015, 11:42 AM
Do any La Vega Folks own puters or phones? Not a one of em on here?

Rocket Man
11-24-2015, 11:44 AM

I've never seen any on here; but there are some on the FNR app.

I'm trying to pick up the slack; D13 and all.

panfan
11-24-2015, 11:45 AM
And cats like wet weather :spitlol:

Panthers are part of the leopard family, and everyone knows leopards are very comfortable in the water. Please.....use that Rocket brain of yours for something besides a hat rack (as my old man used to say).,:doh:

Cam
11-24-2015, 11:48 AM
Burnet folks gotta keep themselves busy cause they found out round ball is boring.:D CAM had some tactile problems in his misspent youth and its coming back to haunt him now. Astro got a pocket electronic dictionary when he was young and learned way to may big words that he don't know how to use. G-dawg, well G-dawg is G-dawg.

....face it panfan....what would you do without me?......

panfan
11-24-2015, 11:50 AM
....face it panfan....what would you do without me?......

Life would be dull, I'll admit...

panfan
11-24-2015, 11:57 AM

So commence to taking up the Slack - why do the Pirates win? Huh??? OH and if by some off chance (small as it may be) I have to eat Crow Friday night, I like mine roasted with a light honey butter sauce, with sides of sweet taters and green been casserole. But I figure I'm getting enough of that on Thursday, won't be no need for it Friday.

Cam
11-24-2015, 11:57 AM

.....I'm not sure you'd want em' on here....they were real quiet for most of the game with Burnet...then things started happenin' for them and it was like dancin' in the streets baby!......probably a bit too rowdy for your likin' panfan.....3 of them LV folks is like 24 LH folks on the decibel meter....

panfan
11-24-2015, 12:05 PM
.....I'm not sure you'd want em' on here....they were real quiet for most of the game with Burnet...then things started happenin' for them and it was like dancin' in the streets baby!......probably a bit too rowdy for your likin' panfan.....3 of them LV folks is like 24 LH folks on the decibel meter....
Fair weather fans...

greendawg84
11-24-2015, 12:09 PM

Aint you got some rocket testing to watch or something .....

panfan
11-24-2015, 12:19 PM
I think I pissed off major tom.

Rocket Man
11-24-2015, 12:21 PM
So commence to taking up the Slack - why do the Pirates win? Huh??? OH and if by some off chance (small as it may be) I have to eat Crow Friday night, I like mine roasted with a light honey butter sauce, with sides of sweet taters and green been casserole. But I figure I'm getting enough of that on Thursday, won't be no need for it Friday.

I believe LV will win because they are a better team; yes I understand the "undisciplined" comments; however, no matter how disciplined a team is, if the other team is better, then the other team should win.......case in point was y'alls' game against Navasota last year. I was pulling for y'all btw at that game, but Navasota being a better team trumped the LH discipline. I don't think this game will be a blowout like that one was though, this LV team ain't as good as that Navasota team was.

However it goes I sure hope everyone travels safe and that the game is injury free. I'll be keeping up with it on my phone in the cozy confines of my little spot on the planet.

Rocket Man
11-24-2015, 12:22 PM

I can multi-task.............learned how from my wife.

Rocket Man
11-24-2015, 12:23 PM
I think I pissed off major tom.

No ground control; I'm just up here burning out my fuse alone and I think it's gonna be a long, long time

Cam
11-24-2015, 12:39 PM
....holy bejeebers panfan......I just realized what I was about to eat!.....Hope we can still be friends.....at least this stuff is gluten free!...

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/IMG_4130.jpg

.....this is all Greendawg's fault!......

panfan
11-24-2015, 12:40 PM
I believe LV will win because they are a better team; yes I understand the "undisciplined" comments; however, no matter how disciplined a team is, if the other team is better, then the other team should win.......case in point was y'alls' game against Navasota last year. I was pulling for y'all btw at that game, but Navasota being a better team trumped the LH discipline. I don't think this game will be a blowout like that one was though, this LV team ain't as good as that Navasota team was.

However it goes I sure hope everyone travels safe and that the game is injury free. I'll be keeping up with it on my phone in the cozy confines of my little spot on the planet.

Don't get me wrong, Navasota showed why they should have won in convincing style. Faster, bigger stronger. But for a half we were winning and I think they came out in the second made some adjustments to stop us. I don't think we made adjustments to pressure their QB enough to at least make him uncomfortable and he sat back and threw darts. Look at argyle, they pressured him all night long, sacked him what 7 times, and the game goes into OT. No I'm not saying we are Argyle last year.

La Vega is a different animal. Run based offense, with lots of pitches to get those crazy fast backs into the open. If we play the run solid and they go to the air we might get burned, but I'm thinking their passing game is not near what Navasota's was/is.

Their d-line is athletic and fast, but if we can get 3 yards at a time, and wear them down, keep them on the field, and their offense off the field, we got a good shot at taking down a more athletic and fast team. Just my two cents worth.

Cam
11-24-2015, 01:03 PM
Don't get me wrong, Navasota showed why they should have won in convincing style. Faster, bigger stronger. But for a half we were winning and I think they came out in the second made some adjustments to stop us. I don't think we made adjustments to pressure their QB enough to at least make him uncomfortable and he sat back and threw darts. Look at argyle, they pressured him all night long, sacked him what 7 times, and the game goes into OT. No I'm not saying we are Argyle last year.

La Vega is a different animal. Run based offense, with lots of pitches to get those crazy fast backs into the open. If we play the run solid and they go to the air we might get burned, but I'm thinking their passing game is not near what Navasota's was/is.

Their d-line is athletic and fast, but if we can get 3 yards at a time, and wear them down, keep them on the field, and their offense off the field, we got a good shot at taking down a more athletic and fast team. Just my two cents worth.

......makes sense I reckon....here's my take on this game..................

Rocket Man
11-24-2015, 01:05 PM

I understand where you're coming from and agree with what you've said; and absolutely the LV passing game does not rival Nav. If they ain't got the ball, then most likely they can't score. I hope it's a great game!

Cam
11-24-2015, 05:25 PM
Here’s my take on this game….finally…
I’ve had the privilege to watch both teams vs. Burnet.
La Vega strengths: Good size on both sides of the ball, all around speed, 4 D1 prospects (Tulsa?, Oklahoma, SMU, Baylor), great running game, good D against the run, overall nasty attitude. (LH kicker beware – a big dude will come after you on KO!)
La Vega weaknesses: Did not see very accurate passing game albeit the WR’s are big/tall. Mistake prone (fumbling), secondary suspect although D1 player back there, kicking game.

Liberty Hill strengths: The system, hard working athletes, solid RB’s, QB who handles the ball well, very deceptive offense, good D vs. the run.
Liberty Hill weaknesses: Not very big overall, secondary, no passing attack if they fall behind, kicking game, panfan.

Key questions/thoughts in my mind that will affect the outcome of this game are:
1) Will either D be able to slow down the run?
2) Mistakes. Can LH capitalize on LV mistakes? LV will put the ball on the ground.
3) Passing. Can LV get a score or two through the air? They will attempt a few passes. And LH secondary seems a little suspect. This could be the difference.
4) Trick plays. Someone is going to surprise someone in this game!
5) Will panfan wear his purple good luck unwashed underwear?
I would go to this game and sit with panfan albeit he may smell a tad…but the SOB hasn’t invited….plus, if the weather is nasty, I ain’t goin’…..

I think LH will move on to the 4th round in a good battle…….however, if La Vega brings their A game, they could blowout anybody….just too much speed…

stardog
11-24-2015, 07:19 PM
They only had about 15 fans in the bleachers.

panfan
11-24-2015, 09:24 PM
Here’s my take on this game….finally…
I’ve had the privilege to watch both teams vs. Burnet.
La Vega strengths: Good size on both sides of the ball, all around speed, 4 D1 prospects (Tulsa?, Oklahoma, SMU, Baylor), great running game, good D against the run, overall nasty attitude. (LH kicker beware – a big dude will come after you on KO!)
La Vega weaknesses: Did not see very accurate passing game albeit the WR’s are big/tall. Mistake prone (fumbling), secondary suspect although D1 player back there, kicking game.

Liberty Hill strengths: The system, hard working athletes, solid RB’s, QB who handles the ball well, very deceptive offense, good D vs. the run.
Liberty Hill weaknesses: Not very big overall, secondary, no passing attack if they fall behind, kicking game, panfan.

Key questions/thoughts in my mind that will affect the outcome of this game are:
1) Will either D be able to slow down the run?
2) Mistakes. Can LH capitalize on LV mistakes? LV will put the ball on the ground.
3) Passing. Can LV get a score or two through the air? They will attempt a few passes. And LH secondary seems a little suspect. This could be the difference.
4) Trick plays. Someone is going to surprise someone in this game!
5) Will panfan wear his purple good luck unwashed underwear?
I would go to this game and sit with panfan albeit he may smell a tad…but the SOB hasn’t invited….plus, if the weather is nasty, I ain’t goin’…..

I think LH will move on to the 4th round in a good battle…….however, if La Vega brings their A game, they could blowout anybody….just too much speed…
Why mess with the mojo. Hadn't washed em since last year!

stardog
11-25-2015, 08:39 AM
Why mess with the mojo. Hadn't washed em since last year!

Are they still purple ?

Rabid Cougar
11-25-2015, 08:40 AM
FYI they had over 300 yards rushing against China Spring. Held China Spring to under 200 total.

LHPfactory
11-25-2015, 09:04 AM
Ive watched a few of the LV games on HUDL, they are big and fast, but sloppy.
If LH plays disciplined, consistent, and relentless we will win this game. We will frustrate LV to the point of fighting in the second half when they are taken to a place they haven't been this season.

Cam
11-25-2015, 10:57 AM
They only had about 15 fans in the bleachers.

...and when things started goin' their way at the end, they were louder than our folks!.....:D

Rabid Cougar
11-25-2015, 11:00 AM
If LH plays disciplined, consistent, and relentless we will win this game. We will frustrate LV to the point of fighting in the second half when they are taken to a place they haven't been this season.

Where is that? LaVega 16 - China Spring 14

Cam
11-25-2015, 11:06 AM

agree....but LV was taken to that place by Burnet when it was 22-7 with around 5 minutes left in the game.....you could definitely see their frustration..I think LV came in a little over confident that night....but no one saw that improvised street football lateral for a TD when the ball carrier looked tackled followed by a double-reverse-catch-me-if-you-can TD that did Burnet in!......gotta give them credit for pullin' out all the stops.....anyways, ya'll have fun in the rain....I'd go but panfan never invited.....:tongue::tongue:

Cam
11-25-2015, 11:09 AM
....holy bejeebers panfan......I just realized what I was about to eat!.....Hope we can still be friends.....at least this stuff is gluten free!...

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/IMG_4130.jpg

.....this is all Greendawg's fault!......

...well, if it's any consolation panfan....I didn't like these!!....are we still friends??......:confused:

panfan
11-25-2015, 11:14 AM
agree....but LV was taken to that place by Burnet when it was 22-7 with around 5 minutes left in the game.....you could definitely see their frustration..I think LV came in a little over confident that night....but no one saw that improvised street football lateral for a TD when the ball carrier looked tackled followed by a double-reverse-catch-me-if-you-can TD that did Burnet in!......gotta give them credit for pullin' out all the stops.....anyways, ya'll have fun in the rain....I'd go but panfan never invited.....:tongue::tongue:

Since when do you need an invite to do anything? Seems like if you want to do it, you gonna do it.

panfan
11-25-2015, 11:17 AM
...well, if it's any consolation panfan....I didn't like these!!....are we still friends??......:confused:

Anything named pirates booty (with a connotation of either ass or loot) with a flavor of aged white cheddar, much like old boxers, probably aint' gonna taste too good my friend.

panfan
11-25-2015, 11:27 AM
Looks like its going to be wet, very wet. I'm betting LV fumbles more than we do and we turn those into points. Again just a hunch.

Rocket Man
11-25-2015, 01:07 PM
Looks like its going to be wet, very wet. I'm betting LV fumbles more than we do and we turn those into points. Again just a hunch.

I'm betting LH sees a lot of the stove pipe pitch/hand-off and run up the gut until something breaks and something usually breaks; Pirates are good at breaking things; just another hunch from seeing them play over the years.

panfan
11-25-2015, 01:21 PM
I'm betting LH sees a lot of the stove pipe pitch/hand-off and run up the gut until something breaks and something usually breaks; Pirates are good at breaking things; just another hunch from seeing them play over the years.

Good to know. LBs need to stay focused be ready to plug gaps. DLs plug the gaps and DE's will need to contain with corners ready to come up quick. Guess we are getting ready to see if we are good tackling team or not.

Rabid Cougar
11-27-2015, 12:06 PM
From Waco Trib

La Vega (12-0) vs. Liberty Hill (10-2)
Last week: La Vega def. Rockport-Fulton, 41-20; Liberty Hill def. Gonzales, 51-3
Players to watch: La Vega WR Brandon Benson, DB Parrish Cobb; Liberty Hill RB Jon Shannon, LB Andy Becker
Key matchup: Liberty Hill running game vs. La Vega front seven
Breakdown: If you want to see a clinic on how to run the slot-T, this is the game for you.
Not many schools run that offense any better, and the Panthers have rushed for 374.4 yards per game. RB Jon Shannon is the top rusher with 1,312 yards and 19 touchdowns, but Justin Burkett adds 737 and nine scores and Caleb Guerin has 735 yards and eight TDs.
La Vega’s goal will be to make Liberty Hill deal with second- and third-and-long situations, since it doesn’t want to throw.
In fact, the Panthers have completed 11 passes and thrown 26 all season. But when they do throw, they go for big chunks with an average of 21 yards per competition.
The good news for La Vega is this is the third straight week it has had to deal with this kind of offense, after meeting Fischer Canyon Lake and Rockport-Fulton in its first two playoff games.
The Pirates will also have to contend with a Liberty Hill defense that was hit for 35 points or more in both of its losses, both of which came in the first three weeks of the season. Since then, the Panthers have allowed 10 points or less six times.

toddg
11-27-2015, 01:02 PM

into the teeth of LHs D? Willy's smarter than that...

lv2937
11-27-2015, 11:01 PM
Is that the sound of basketball I hear in Liberty Hill. Great football season .

Rocket Man
11-27-2015, 11:23 PM
Is that the sound of basketball I hear in Liberty Hill. Great football season .

The Liberty Hills are alive with the sound of basketballs.

Looks like it was a heck of a game!! Nice season Barneys!

Cam
11-27-2015, 11:36 PM

.....I just talked to panfan a few minutes ago...he's on the road headin' back....he said it was COLD!....oh, and a few raindrops too!.......said he was gonna stop at the local Walmart, make his boy run in and purchase a small bag of plastic spoons.....panfan needs one to pry and pull his nuts out of his body!!!.........

Cam
11-27-2015, 11:36 PM

......nice run Barneys.....purple still sucks.....

Tejastrue
11-27-2015, 11:39 PM
RM dreams of green and yellow ones..

panfan
11-28-2015, 12:36 AM
What a freaking game! Hats off to LA Vega. They scored kin OT after a PI call that put them on the two yl. I won't say bad call questionable though. Other than that it was a defensive battle all night. Went into OT at 0-0.

Rocket Man
11-28-2015, 01:22 AM
RM dreams of green and yellow ones..

If RM refers to me; I have no idea what you're talking about.

stardog
11-28-2015, 02:00 AM
What a freaking game! Hats off to LA Vega. They scored kin OT after a PI call that put them on the two yl. I won't say bad call questionable though. Other than that it was a defensive battle all night. Went into OT at 0-0.
It was a good PI call. Was a defensive battle all night. LH couldn't do much on offense. LV shut down that slot-t. LH never got into the red zone (except in OT) LV got into red zone 2x. Opening drive of game LV got to the 2 yd line and LH held on 4th down. IN fourth qt. LV got to about 10 and missed field goal. LV fumbled 6x (bad snaps or hand offs) but lost only 1. Not many penalties for game.

Where were the fans ? LH visitors side less than 1/2 full. LV about same.

stardog
11-28-2015, 02:11 AM
Then LHers left their discipline at home tonight ! Now they will have to start all over to get it back.

panfan
11-28-2015, 06:11 AM
Then LHers left their discipline at home tonight ! Now they will have to start all over to get it back.

Not hardly. They put the ball on the ground what 6 or 7 times and had multiple penalties. their d line was tough and while we got some 1st downs couldn't sustain it too score. Hey, Astro, where was that bravado after our game when we whipped that arse? No good game no nothin. We may be playing bball but it's couple weeks later than yall. Now go fetch me a space bone.

zebrablue2
11-28-2015, 11:11 AM
Hard hitting good Tx High school football game. Man that LH defense could swarm, were much smaller than LV. That last pass by LH was about 1/2 second too late, for the LV defender just did get there. Was colder than a mother out there, but those that came and saw it got their moneys worth. Great season LH, and congrats to LV, it was all left on the field...

Rocket Man
11-28-2015, 09:44 PM

I have your meal all ready for you and also made some honey dripping sweet tea......here Kitty Kitty, come and get it.

LHPfactory
11-28-2015, 10:35 PM
It was a good PI call. Was a defensive battle all night. LH couldn't do much on offense. LV shut down that slot-t. LH never got into the red zone (except in OT) LV got into red zone 2x. Opening drive of game LV got to the 2 yd line and LH held on 4th down. IN fourth qt. LV got to about 10 and missed field goal. LV fumbled 6x (bad snaps or hand offs) but lost only 1. Not many penalties for game.

Where were the fans ? LH visitors side less than 1/2 full. LV about same.

We had quite a bit more people than LV in the stands, dont know what game you were at. The PI call wasnt good, but we didnt answer the score.

Good news is LH is 4A-D1 again and if we wind up in district with Burnet we may get to beat the Bulldogs twice in the same season.... ;)

panfan
11-28-2015, 11:13 PM
I have your meal all ready for you and also made some honey dripping sweet tea......here Kitty Kitty, come and get it.

Gobble, gobble....

Rocket Man
11-29-2015, 12:42 AM
Gobble, gobble....

You are a good sport. LH is great school and community no matter what those Brunettes say. Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas!!

lv2937
11-29-2015, 03:55 AM
And Burnet may get to beat you twice in the same season. It's hard to say who is going to do what next year. Look at the defending state champs from last year. No one though they would get beat. So don't count you chickens before they hatch.