11-21-2015, 09:24 PM
From Sinton twitter feed,

Saturday 2pm in San Antonio Alamo Stadium

SaltySixes
11-21-2015, 09:52 PM
Very glad to see that its on Saturday!

Number9Pop
11-21-2015, 10:14 PM
How important was Sinton's QB to their success? He's done for season with a broken collarbone. Will they not even notice him out of the lineup or was he one of their main weapons?

pirate4state
11-21-2015, 10:50 PM
He isn't our only weapon, but he was a big weapon! Time for our sophomore QB to step up! I have faith in him & the rest of our team. Plus, you can't discount what our defense has done all season!

rb585
11-21-2015, 10:51 PM
I predict that the Hondo Owls will win this one.

sinfan75
11-21-2015, 10:53 PM
Guess we'll all find out come Saturday. Colt Gorman is a solid young QB. His only drawback is experience . He's a sophomore but I think the team has a lot of confidence in his abilities

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2015, 10:54 PM
How important was Sinton's QB to their success? He's done for season with a broken collarbone. Will they not even notice him out of the lineup or was he one of their main weapons?2700+ yds and 38 tds from Cohea and been a starter on defense since his freshman year, have to recheck but think he has been all state db for past 3 seasons since his freshman year so will also hurt defensively. Also one of the best punters Sinton has had which comes into play in these later rounds. So yea it will hurt but you play with whoever is available and players that will fill his spot get their shot now to show their stuff.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2015, 11:05 PM
lol sorry forgot about to add Hondo

Epicpirates
11-21-2015, 11:11 PM
How important was Sinton's QB to their success? He's done for season with a broken collarbone. Will they not even notice him out of the lineup or was he one of their main weapons?
Colton is very important to us as a leader of our team. He gives 110% always and we will miss his powerful runs. Having said that, Colt is very good and has our full support. We are confident that he will fill Colton's shoes well. He did a phenomenal job the whole second half of our game. Very poised in the pocket for a young Sophomore. Our boys play very well as a team and have a " next man up" mentality. It takes a team, not a single player to win the game, and Sinton is a great team. Go Big Maroon! :cheerl:

SaltySixes
11-22-2015, 12:07 AM

Welcome to the DL!

rb585
11-22-2015, 12:09 AM
lol sorry forgot about to add Hondo

Yeah, come on man, you gotta make me and Los Owls go with the write-in vote?

Tejastrue
11-22-2015, 12:17 AM
Very sorry to hear about the Sinton QB injury. I truly hate to hear about this sort of thing to any player especially at the HS level. If it is any consolation we are down to our 3rd QB and honestly I have no idea who our back-up is...looking forward to a great game!

ogg
11-22-2015, 12:41 AM

+1, , the Owls always do.

footballgal
11-22-2015, 12:50 AM
Good luck Pirates

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

PurplePop
11-22-2015, 12:58 AM
2700+ yds and 38 tds from Cohea and been a starter on defense since his freshman year, have to recheck but think he has been all state db for past 3 seasons since his freshman year so will also hurt defensively. Also one of the best punters Sinton has had which comes into play in these later rounds. So yea it will hurt but you play with whoever is available and players that will fill his spot get their shot now to show their stuff.
Preface this by saying Cohea is one of the best 4A QB's in the state and a great leader for Sinton, but Sinton has a very able replacement. The sophomore is very impressive and maybe a better passer than Cohea. He may actually add some more diversity to the offense with the passing game. Teams were starting to lock in on Cohea's running. Perhaps the biggest blow is losing Cohea on the defensive side. Having a 200 lb., fast, athletic safety is as good as it gets on defense. But, Sinton is a proven winner and will be hard to beat no matter what.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2015, 02:08 PM
Gorman good runner also, about the only time him and Cohea got about equal time with the starters in there was the first game of the season as they seem to be rotating every other series and they both finish with about the same stats rushing and passing in that game.

Colt Gorman stats 299 yds passing with 3 tds 0 int and 397 yds rushing with 3 tds with a 9.7 yd avg. Gorman in that 1st game had 103 yds rushing with 1 td and 100 yds passing going 7 for 8 with 2 td. It was against Tuloso Midway but it was playing time despite the level of competition in that one.

pirate4state
11-22-2015, 08:41 PM
Sinton 11-0

57-12 W vs. Tuloso-Midway
21-0 W vs. Rockport-Fulton
45-10 W vs. Beeville
48-23 W vs. La Vernia
48-13 W vs. Raymondville
35-8 W vs. Jourdanton
27-21 W vs. Yoakum
14-10 W vs. Cuero
55-0 W vs. Ingleside
41-8 W vs. Raymondville
49-6 W vs. Llano

Wimberley 5-7

13-29 L vs. La Vernia
24-35 L vs. Giddings
17-37 L vs. Somerset
14-28 L vs. Canyon Lake
17-21 L vs. St. Michael's
17-29 L vs. Iowa Park
24-0 W vs. Llano
49-13 W vs. Lytle
42-0 W vs. Hondo
14-45 L vs. Navarro
35-7 W vs. Pearsall
21-7 W vs. Orange Grove

Posting this because I posted it last year and I'm killing time before TWD. :nerd: None of it really matters though - just good for reference. Both teams struggling with injuries this season.
Sinton losing their QB and Wimberley on the 3rd string QB (?). I'll give the edge to Sinton because well, I'm biased :D GO PIRATES!

Tejastrue
11-22-2015, 08:46 PM
From the outside looking in...Wimberley is 5-7..we don't stand a chance. Just curious..do the Sinton peeps/supporters feel this way? Are you licking your chops?

pirate4state
11-22-2015, 08:50 PM
From the outside looking in...Wimberley is 5-7..we don't stand a chance. Just curious..do the Sinton peeps/supporters feel this way? Are you licking your chops?

Maybe as much as y'all are because we lost our dual threat QB? :)

Tejastrue
11-22-2015, 08:53 PM
I don't think we are in any position to be licking our chops. We are just grateful for another week.

pirate4state
11-22-2015, 08:56 PM
I don't think we are in any position to be licking our chops. We are just grateful for another week.

As are we and everyone else still playing this week. Every week is nerve wracking because one bad game/injury/funny hop and all you've worked for since August is over!

Tejastrue
11-22-2015, 09:01 PM
As mentioned earlier this season our dual threat did not even make out of the starting gate much less his backup... nerve wracking indeed!

rb585
11-22-2015, 09:31 PM

I'm just thankful that we're being allowed to occupy the same field as the District 15 powerhouse (pardon the redundancy) Sinton Pirates.

Our best case scenario is that some of their excellence rubs off on our many many many underclassmen and we can take those lessons into next season.

pirate4state
11-22-2015, 09:35 PM
I'm just thankful that we're being allowed to occupy the same field as the District 15 powerhouse (pardon the redundancy) Sinton Pirates.

Our best case scenario is that some of their excellence rubs off on our many many many underclassmen and we can take those lessons into next season.

hahahahahahaha you're welcome!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2015, 09:40 PM

Our best case scenario is that some of their excellence rubs off on our many many many underclassmen and we can take those lessons into next season.think there might of been couple that played the last time Sinton loss a game in region IV playoffs in 2012 against Port Isabel, might of been a few on sidelines after call ups as freshman that season and got to experience a loss.

I'll give some props to this group of kids from Sinton for being back to back region iv champs and to have good portion of this team from those teams back to try and defend it a 3rd time.

They'll be ready for a battle.

10ForTheWin
11-22-2015, 09:49 PM
Sinton 11-0

57-12 W vs. Tuloso-Midway
21-0 W vs. Rockport-Fulton
45-10 W vs. Beeville
48-23 W vs. La Vernia
48-13 W vs. Raymondville
35-8 W vs. Jourdanton
27-21 W vs. Yoakum
14-10 W vs. Cuero
55-0 W vs. Ingleside
41-8 W vs. Raymondville
49-6 W vs. Llano

Wimberley 5-7

13-29 L vs. La Vernia
24-35 L vs. Giddings
17-37 L vs. Somerset
14-28 L vs. Canyon Lake
17-21 L vs. St. Michael's
17-29 L vs. Iowa Park
24-0 W vs. Llano
49-13 W vs. Lytle
42-0 W vs. Hondo
14-45 L vs. Navarro
35-7 W vs. Pearsall
21-7 W vs. Orange Grove

Posting this because I posted it last year and I'm killing time before TWD. :nerd: None of it really matters though - just good for reference. Both teams struggling with injuries this season.
Sinton losing their QB and Wimberley on the 3rd string QB (?). I'll give the edge to Sinton because well, I'm biased :D GO PIRATES!
Wimbo's loss to Giddings is one of the more impressive games they've had this year imo. The kept it relatively close against an impressive undefeated team.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

Tejastrue
11-22-2015, 09:50 PM
hahahahahahaha you're welcome!

lol..you get it..

Tejastrue
11-22-2015, 09:56 PM

Okay.. that was good...

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2015, 10:02 PM
Good luck Pirates

Sent from my SM-G900P using TapatalkThanks Gal :)

SintonFan
11-22-2015, 10:05 PM

Sweet! Maybe we can finally get some fireworks going like on that other Reg. 4 thread! :evilgrin:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2015, 10:19 PM
Sweet! Maybe we can finally get some fireworks going like on that other Reg. 4 thread! :evilgrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9L3OzxKDt8
Hopefully they fill up their side of the stadium more than last year :1omg!:

garciap77
11-22-2015, 10:23 PM
He isn't our only weapon, but he was a big weapon! Time for our sophomore QB to step up! I have faith in him & the rest of our team. Plus, you can't discount what our defense has done all season!

I would use this weapon:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/super-mean-girl_2-2.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/super-mean-girl_2-2.jpg.html)

:D:D:D

pirate4state
11-22-2015, 10:27 PM
i would use this weapon:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/super-mean-girl_2-2.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/super-mean-girl_2-2.jpg.html)

:d:d:d

yas!!!! Thank you!!!

Tejastrue
11-22-2015, 10:30 PM
That is one ugly..sorry..mean girl!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2015, 10:31 PM
I would use this weapon:

:D:D:Dpurple?

pirate4state
11-22-2015, 10:34 PM
That is one ugly..sorry..mean girl!!!

You've only been on the board since 2010 ... I don't even remember when he first posted this ... but I love it even if he messed it up!!! SUPERMEAN GIRL

Tejastrue
11-22-2015, 10:52 PM
Garciap77 is crazy..this much I know..

garciap77
11-22-2015, 10:57 PM
purple?
wylie!

garciap77
11-22-2015, 11:01 PM
Garciap77 is crazy..this much I know..

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/turkey.gif (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/turkey.gif.html)

ogg
11-23-2015, 01:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9L3OzxKDt8
Hopefully they fill up their side of the stadium more than last year :1omg!:

If I can get off work I'll go. Texans by 10 because QB play has improved, running downhill has improved, found some speed on the outside and , , , their defense has gone Code Red.

rb585
11-23-2015, 02:43 AM

Doubtful. Sourhern is the main cause of their fireworks, and neither of our fanbases has anyone nearly that stupid.

SaltySixes
11-23-2015, 03:11 AM
Doubtful. Sourhern is the main cause of their fireworks, and neither of our fanbases has anyone nearly that stupid.

Lol :iagree:

pirate4state
11-23-2015, 01:21 PM
Looks like we will need our rain gear! 60% chance of rain

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2015, 01:52 PM
Looks like we will need our rain gear! 60% chance of rain ? is that from dead wrong dale?

look at it yesterday at accuweather and just said cloudy

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2015, 01:54 PM
yep showing thunderstorm on Friday and rain/drizzle on Saturday now

Tejastrue
11-23-2015, 10:04 PM
You sure are active on more than just the Downlow...:)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2015, 10:32 PM
You sure are active on more than just the Downlow...:)3 sites since early 2000, the other two have restarted couple of times think one was hacked for a while. same name. few from here that wander over there from time to time.

I try and get out to a valley game once a year if possible and catch a old 4a/now 5 a team when possible also

Tejastrue
11-23-2015, 11:25 PM
Yoakum vs Cuero and Sinton vs Orange Grove...you are half right..lol

rb585
11-23-2015, 11:53 PM
By Rick Cantu - American-Statesman Staff
Wimberley assistant football coach Wes Lambert will be grateful to spend Thanksgiving Day with family and friends.
The Lamberts are alive, happy and full of hope. They lost all their possessions when 6 feet of muddy water from the Blanco River slammed through their home during the Memorial Day floods that ripped through Central Texas.
+

“We’re in the same boat as a lot of our students are in,” Lambert said. “We share stories about what happened. All of us understand the struggles of everyone involved.”
While Wimberley was recovering from flood damage — including a second wave that devastated the area in late October — the high school football team was in the midst of its worst season in recent memory. Faced with a difficult schedule, the Texans started the season 0-6, not winning their first game until Oct. 9.
The town has made great strides since the floods. And the football team has made a comeback of its own, winning five of the past six games, including Class 4A, Division II playoff wins against Pearsal and previously unbeaten Orange Grove.
The team that started the season winless in August and September finds itself in the third round of the Division II playoffs. Wimberley (5-7) hopes to keep this improbable season on track against 11-0 Sinton on Saturday at San Antonio’s Alamo Stadium.
“It felt like the whole world was upside down,” head coach Doug Warren said. “We tell our kids that they will be faced with curveballs later in life. After coach Lambert had his house flood, we had players shoveling mud outside his house. When in need, we’re all here for each other.”
Life on the gridiron began to change when the Texans shut out Llano to improve to 1-6.
“We always start off the season by playing a tough schedule, something we believe will help us later in the season,” Warren said. “Even when we we losing, you could see the players never lost faith in what they were doing. All of our goals we set before the season were still attainable.”
Wimberley’s calling card is a defense that has allowed an average of five points a game in its five victories. The offense is led by quarterback Davin Masur, who replaced injured starter JoJo Weeks midway through the season.
“I wouldn’t say teams took us lightly, even after the slow start,” Masur said. “We’re a physical team with a great tradition. This is what we expected. It was no shock to us that we won our game last week.”
This season is the 10th anniversary of Wimberley’s first state title in 2005. The Texans also won state in 2011.
Wimberley Principal Jason Valentine said the student body feeds off the football team’s success. And the Texans aren’t about to concede this season before November ends.
“In spite of some early season setbacks, I have thoroughly enjoyed watching our players and coaches come together, work hard each week and believe they can make December football a reality,” Valentine said.
Statesman.com

ogg
11-24-2015, 02:11 AM
Statesman.com

I've always liked Rick Cantu.

PurplePop
11-24-2015, 08:21 AM
Great article!

lbjacj
11-24-2015, 12:50 PM

Why? The only coverage we get from him or the Statesman is when we are three weeks into the playoffs! Been the same every year! No write ups or even a box score from them!
Liberty Hill gets all the love!😡

pirate4state
11-24-2015, 01:01 PM

I had the same bracket. Part of me just WANTED to play Orange Grove because they have such a chip on their shoulder about us (LOL) but another part of me knew they had it in them to lose. Maybe in part because they don't know how to win at this level and y'all do. I mean y'all gave them plenty of opportunities to beat y'all and they just couldn't get it done. I can't remember the last time OG played past the 2nd round? Anyway - Wimberley does what winners do....they dug deep and WON!

I'm really looking forward to seeing just how well our team responds to playing without Colton. Last week we didn't miss a beat, but y'all aren't Llano either. At this time last year we were without Rob Knox and the team rallied together for HIM and I believe they will do the same again this year.

Tejastrue
11-24-2015, 01:51 PM
I think our defense was a big part of the problem. They were suppose to be better this time around, mainly because of a healthy Harris but they had half the total yardage in this game as they did in our match-up last year.

ogg
11-24-2015, 01:53 PM
Why? The only coverage we get from him or the Statesman is when we are three weeks into the playoffs! Been the same every year! No write ups or even a box score from them!
Liberty Hill gets all the love!��

I could say a lot about this issue but it's not worth my time. But, Texan D was given 11 game balls, see the Statesman website. Code Red

http://video.statesman.com/High-School-Blitz--second-round-of-playoffs-recap-29982855?playlistId=15517

Tejastrue
11-24-2015, 01:54 PM
Liberty Hill gets all the love!

I've felt the same way about the Statesman. By the way...Cantu picked against us in the 2011 SC..lol.

pirate4state
11-24-2015, 02:11 PM
I think our defense was a big part of the problem. They were suppose to be better this time around, mainly because of a healthy Harris but they had half the total yardage in this game as they did in our match-up last year.

And how did your yardage stack up against last year?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2015, 04:27 PM
lol yea my bracket isn't any better in this site, I went for a lot of upsets early but Bellville,Sweetwater, not sure the other one and Sinton are still alive.

But yea was hoping for a OG VS Sinton They haven't beaten Sinton since Coach Allen first season when the team went 1-9.

Good win but get ready Sinton starting to use more of their weapons now, here is two that had good games last season against yall and haven't missed a beat this year

Mark Villarreal http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2747075/highlights/253441382/v2

Ethan Owens http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2788523/highlights/218710375/v2

Surprise Llano held Wimberley to 24 points and Navarro to 31 points they were scrappy though. ;)

Tejastrue
11-24-2015, 04:47 PM
And how did your yardage stack up against last year?

We were not the team that had negative yards rushing. Nothing flashy about our offense though.

Tejastrue
11-24-2015, 04:48 PM
lol yea my bracket isn't any better in this site, I went for a lot of upsets early but Bellville,Sweetwater, not sure the other one and Sinton are still alive.

But yea was hoping for a OG VS Sinton They haven't beaten Sinton since Coach Allen first season when the team went 1-9.

Good win but get ready Sinton starting to use more of their weapons now, here is two that had good games last season against yall and haven't missed a beat this year

Mark Villarreal http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2747075/highlights/253441382/v2

Ethan Owens http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2788523/highlights/218710375/v2

Surprise Llano held Wimberley to 24 points and Navarro to 31 points they were scrappy though. ;)

I was hoping those two had graduated..lol

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2015, 04:54 PM
We were not the team that had negative yards rushing. Nothing flashy about our offense though.those punt miscues counted as a run so big time negative yardage twice for OG and once for Wimberley.

Tejastrue
11-24-2015, 05:00 PM
I remember the one and the other punt attempt with the negated TD return by Wimberley was a roughing the punter penalty.

pirate4state
11-24-2015, 05:20 PM
We were not the team that had negative yards rushing. Nothing flashy about our offense though.

I know

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2015, 05:21 PM
one in the first qtr that look like the wind just took it maybe and the other one was late 4th qtr when they were missing a player and he was late getting in with about 3 secs and they snap it with punter not ready. It was 14-7 at that time.

pirate4state
11-24-2015, 05:36 PM
... the other punt attempt with the negated TD return by Wimberley was a roughing the punter penalty.

that was strange, but funny to watch the punter get tackled LOL

Tejastrue
11-24-2015, 05:45 PM
one in the first qtr that look like the wind just took it maybe and the other one was late 4th qtr when they were missing a player and he was late getting in with about 3 secs and they snap it with punter not ready. It was 14-7 at that time.

Yeah, I remember. The ball actually hit the guy running onto the field. That was comical. It was not a big loss. Between the two I'd say they would have maybe 20 yds rushing. lol With that said it was the lowest total for their best back all season. Still his average for the game was decent.

Tejastrue
11-24-2015, 05:47 PM
I know

was that sarcasm :thinking:

ogg
11-24-2015, 08:50 PM
I remember the one and the other punt attempt with the negated TD return by Wimberley was a roughing the punter penalty.

Even though they called if roughing the punter it wasn't, it's my understanding that when the punter drops the ball and it hits the turf, he and the ball are live. Should've been a Wimberley TD.

rb585
11-24-2015, 08:58 PM
Even though they called if roughing the punter it wasn't, it's my understanding that when the punter drops the ball and it hits the turf, he and the ball are live. Should've been a Wimberley TD.

No, it's not whether the ball hits the turf or not.

It's whether the punter vacates the normal punting area.

If you snap it over his head and he has to chase it, then you can drill the punter. If he starts to take off running and then decides to kick it, you can drill the punter.

But if he drops it, or it bounces back to him, and he immediately tries to punt it, you can't hit him unless you also get the ball.

ogg
11-24-2015, 09:24 PM

If you snap it over his head and he has to chase it, then you can drill the punter. If he starts to take off running and then decides to kick it, you can drill the punter.

But if he drops it, or it bounces back to him, and he immediately tries to punt it, you can't hit him unless you also get the ball.

Thank you, I thought when the punter is receiving the ball from a long snapper if he drops it it's a fumble and to pick it up is a fumble recovery, this changes the punters status. When I get a chance i'll look into this for my own knowledge.

PurplePop
11-24-2015, 09:51 PM

I was listening to the game on the radio and thought the announcer was wrong. How many times have you seen a punt-snapper bounce it into the punter and the punter scoops it up and punts it normally. I can't imagine just because the ball was bounced in to the punter that you can pounce on the punter.

Tejastrue
11-24-2015, 10:17 PM
Maybe we should be on the Wimberley/Orange Grove thread for this one...

Tejastrue
11-24-2015, 10:19 PM
I was listening to the game on the radio and thought the announcer was wrong. How many times have you seen a punt-snapper bounce it into the punter and the punter scoops it up and punts it normally. I can't imagine just because the ball was bounced in to the punter that you can pounce on the punter.

that is the issue..it did not hit the ground first...all you refs..it"s okay to jump in right here...

PurplePop
11-24-2015, 10:34 PM
that is the issue..it did not hit the ground first...all you refs..it"s okay to jump in right here...
It was tough to hear what was going on. I was driving with my wife and she kept talking.

Tejastrue
11-24-2015, 10:39 PM
I truly get that..lol.. with that said..there are so many wonderful ladies that post here...please don't hang me out to dry...

pirate4state
11-25-2015, 12:24 AM
I truly get that..lol.. with that said..there are so many wonderful ladies that post here...please don't hang me out to dry...

Well we like to talk & y'all like to type? :D

I don't know what the wrong or right call was, but what really cracked me up was an OG fan yelling to "stop the play" I guess because the punter was hurt? Maybe it was just the fact that she was dead serious...you would have thought that he was laying dead on the turf with the way she reacted lol I wish I had videotaped it

Anyway...GO PIRATES!

SintonFan
11-25-2015, 01:40 AM

I don't know what the wrong or right call was, but what really cracked me up was an OG fan yelling to "stop the play" I guess because the punter was hurt? Maybe it was just the fact that she was dead serious...you would have thought that he was laying dead on the turf with the way she reacted lol I wish I had videotaped it

Anyway...GO PIRATES!

I don't think I got her, but I did get this.
https://www.facebook.com/daniel.matocha/videos/917560474958577/

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2015, 02:20 AM

Anyway...GO PIRATES!lol might of been that lady from OG next to me it was getting pretty funny on all her comments.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2015, 02:24 AM
https://www.facebook.com/daniel.matocha/videos/917560474958577/nice shot of that play

pirate4state
11-25-2015, 12:09 PM

OMG!!! LOL I'm so mean. But really...has there ever been a time when a live play was blown dead because of an injured player??? I think the only thing hurt was his ego!

rb585
11-25-2015, 12:12 PM

In the NFL, if the punter drops the ball, he's fair game.

In the NCAA, if the punter drops the ball, he's not fair game until he makes *ANY* attempt to run, any movement outside of punting.

PurplePop
11-25-2015, 01:02 PM

Whoa! Texas high school football's version of the Zapruder film.

PurplePop
11-25-2015, 11:46 PM
BTW, Wimbo, don't bite on the stupid read option fake and let the soph bounce outside. And, guard #4. Do those two things, don't turn it over, and we'll see you next week! (Hopefully...)

pirate4state
11-26-2015, 10:39 AM
BTW, Wimbo, don't bite on the stupid read option fake and let the soph bounce outside. And, guard #4. Do those two things, don't turn it over, and we'll see you next week! (Hopefully...)

you forgot they have to score which hasn't been easy, of late, against our defense!

Oh & Someone better guard #3 for Cuero or we might be seeing our district brothers next week (Hopefully...)

PurplePop
11-26-2015, 04:53 PM
you forgot they have to score which hasn't been easy, of late, against our defense!

Oh & Someone better guard #3 for Cuero or we might be seeing our district brothers next week (Hopefully...)

And #5 and #6 and #21...

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2015, 05:07 PM
BTW, Wimbo, don't bite on the stupid read option fake and let the soph bounce outside. And, guard #4. Do those two things, don't turn it over, and we'll see you next week! (Hopefully...)oh don't forget #40 Ethan Owens he only torched the Texans last season on rushing with 100 yds on 8 carries for 2 td and receiving 109 yds on 4 receptions for 2 TD

Robert Knox most likely gets more game time on offense, i'm hoping. He'll dominate on defense like he has all season.

Tejastrue
11-26-2015, 05:37 PM
The Cuero game tells me a lot...

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2015, 05:52 PM
The Cuero game tells me a lot... it tell us who the winner will face in Region final :)

Last season
Rushing
Sinton 303 Wimberley 70 (Sinton had 2 with over 100 yds and Colten Cohea had 91 yds)
Passing
Sinton 268 Wimberley 288
Total offense
Sinton 573 Wimberley 358

Sinton pretty much the same team with a year more of experience but without qb from last year and now this year.

Wimberley qb had a great game to keep the Texans in it for most of the game. Wimberley on stat sheet showing all sr.

New season and by now everybody no longer inexperience with 12 games under belt. Sinton qb has played in 9 of 11 games this season so he's seen plenty of action also.

Tejastrue
11-26-2015, 06:07 PM
Your stats are a bit skewed. It tells me Sinton can be held in check. Take this team lightly...please do.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2014&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=227065&TeamID=5226&SearchType=Teams

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2015, 06:12 PM
Your stats are a bit skewed. It tells me Sinton can be held in check. Take this team lightly...please do.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2014&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=227065&TeamID=5226&SearchType=Teamshttp://www.maxpreps.com/games/football-fall-14/sinton-vs-wimberley/11-29-2014-AnLMiQp1Wk-IgzQ7lCyQ0Q.htm

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2015, 06:13 PM

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2014&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=227065&TeamID=5226&SearchType=Teamslol seems Texan fans are taking Sinton lighty

Tejastrue
11-26-2015, 06:21 PM
5-7 and taking teams lightly?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2015, 06:24 PM
5-7 and taking teams lightly?5-1 good reason and taking down a unbeaten already good reason to give Texan fans hope. Good find on the stats maxprep isn't complete they only show 30 points missing 11 more pts by the Texans.

Tejastrue
11-26-2015, 11:53 PM
Never liked MP for stats.

Yeah the 5-1 is good but the Navarro loss still has a lingering bitter taste. I'm sure they want a bit of redemption. Can't be concerned about that. Pirates are next.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2015, 01:34 AM
Colt Gorman http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4115689/highlights/313973385/v2

pirate4state
11-28-2015, 09:23 AM
Game day!!! Seems as if most of the rain has moved out, still a 30% chance at KO. I like that % better than the original predicted mess! Let's Go Pirates!!!

lostaussie
11-28-2015, 09:27 AM
Game day!!! Seems as if most of the rain has moved out, still a 30% chance at KO. I like that % better than the original predicted mess! Let's Go Pirates!!!

Go Pirates:thumbsup:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2015, 09:31 AM
Go PIRATES!!!!!

Footballfan2000
11-28-2015, 10:33 AM
Lets get it done Pirates!!! Make it an all D15 Region Championship game

zebrablue2
11-28-2015, 11:13 AM
Best of luck to both teams, play injury free and leave it all on the field. Two great teams, with two great coaches, gonna be a war.

Tejastrue
11-28-2015, 11:57 AM
Appears we kept it pretty civil leading up to this game. :2thumbsup

Lots of undefeated teams going down. I wouldn't mind it at all if there was another today. Go Texans!!

tango
11-28-2015, 02:11 PM
Is this game being broadcast anywhere?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2015, 02:50 PM
Is this game being broadcast anywhere?
Kmacsports.Com or Wimberleyradio.com.

Old Green
11-28-2015, 02:52 PM
Kmacsports.Com or Wimberleyradio.com.You can hear the game on Wimberley Sports or www.Kmacsports.com

Old Green
11-28-2015, 03:27 PM
1:55 left in 1st qtr

Sinton 15

Wimberley 0

Old Green
11-28-2015, 03:35 PM
Wimberley recovers Sinton fumble and returns it for a TD

Sinton 15

Wimberley 7

Old Green
11-28-2015, 03:54 PM
91 Yd td run by Owens

Sinton 22

Wimberley 7

Old Green
11-28-2015, 04:04 PM
Halftime

Sinton 22

Wimberley 7

Scoop27
11-28-2015, 04:14 PM
Is this game on the internet?

99IHSMustang
11-28-2015, 04:22 PM
Is this game on the internet?

Wimberley Sports or www.Kmacsports.com

Old Green
11-28-2015, 04:50 PM
3rd qtr Villareal 1 yd td run

Sinton 29

Wimberley 7

12thMan
11-28-2015, 04:54 PM
A Cuero vs. Sinton rematch will be awesome!

Old Green
11-28-2015, 04:57 PM
End of the 3ed qtr

Wimberley completes pass to the 2 yd line

Sinton 29
Wimberley 7

Old Green
11-28-2015, 04:58 PM
Wimberley TD

Sinton 29

Wimberley 14

11:18 to go in game

Old Green
11-28-2015, 04:59 PM
A Cuero vs. Sinton rematch will be awesome!:iagree:

PhiI C
11-28-2015, 05:11 PM
:iagree:

Me too.

WOS87
11-28-2015, 05:11 PM
A first ever Cuero vs WOS matchup would be awesome :crazy:

I'd settle for any of you though, IF we get there.

PhiI C
11-28-2015, 05:15 PM
Any updates?

Old Green
11-28-2015, 05:19 PM
Any updates?Still Sinton 29-14
Sinton has ball on their 41 yd

Old Green
11-28-2015, 05:20 PM
Gorman fumbles the ball Texans recover at the 41 yd. 4:00 left

Old Green
11-28-2015, 05:25 PM
Crowder 29 td Reception

Sinton 29
Wimberley 21

2:26 to go

Old Green
11-28-2015, 05:28 PM
Wimberley onside kick
Wimberley recovers
Penalty against Texans
Re-kick

rb585
11-28-2015, 05:31 PM
Man, that did not look like we touched that kick early.

That was the same ref that called ineligible man downfield on our screen pass even though the other line judge was obviously disagreeing with him when they conferred.

Old Green
11-28-2015, 05:35 PM
Final

Sinton 29

Wimberley 21

PhiI C
11-28-2015, 05:40 PM
Final

Sinton 29

Wimberley 21

Thanks to everyone for the updates.

Saggy Aggie
11-28-2015, 05:45 PM
Congrats pirates

Footballfan2000
11-28-2015, 07:01 PM
Sinton vs Cuero Satuday @ Alamo dome.

lbjacj
11-28-2015, 08:35 PM
Congrats to the Pirates!
The best team won today but I am proud of the Texans for not giving up and fighting to the end!
Should be a great game against the Gobblers next week!

ogg
11-28-2015, 08:41 PM
Congrats to the Pirates.

Roughneck93
11-28-2015, 08:46 PM
Congrats Pirates!

lbjacj
11-28-2015, 08:58 PM
http://kxan.com/2015/11/28/wimberley-loses-to-sinton-but-leaves-stadium-as-champions/?cid=facebook_KXAN_Austin_News

Tejastrue
11-28-2015, 09:09 PM
Congrats Pirates. Too many flags on key plays. I know you guys have film so post it. lol. We gave you guys a scare!

Lots of fresh. and sophs. We'll be back.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2015, 10:20 PM
Congrats Pirates. Too many flags on key plays. I know you guys have film so post it. lol. We gave you guys a scare!

Lots of fresh. and sophs. We'll be back.

Sinton had flags at bad times also after picking up a 1st down. Good job by Texan team as they kept battling despite the score 29-7. Texans finally took to air and made things happen. Sinton defense can stop a run team, pass defense has some areas that need some patch work without Colten Cohea no longer there.

Great season Texans are on the way back to being a top team again.

regaleagle
11-28-2015, 10:26 PM
Good show Texans.....went down swinging. Congrats to the Sinton Pirates on advancing another round. Now it gets tougher.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2015, 11:58 PM
91 Yd td run by Owens

Sinton 22

Wimberley 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClRAIR3VpEw

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2015, 12:04 AM
Corpus Christi Caller times stats

Wimberley Sinton

First downs 11 13

Rushing 25-26 38-238

Passes 13-26-1 7-16-1

Passing yards 142 81

Punts 5-29.4 4-34.6

Fumbles-lost 0-0 2-2

Penalties 9-57 5-37

Wimberley with 38 total yards in the first half.

pirate4state
11-29-2015, 12:48 AM
Good game Texans! I know you'll be back next year stronger than ever! Congratulations on a fine season.

Way to play Pirates! Have some work to do this week to get ready for a strong Cuero bunch looking for payback. Should be a good one!

Hope everyone made it home safely!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2015, 01:27 AM
Man, that did not look like we touched that kick early.

That was the same ref that called ineligible man downfield on our screen pass even though the other line judge was obviously disagreeing with him when they conferred.
Wimberley didn't touch the ball til it was 10 and half yards but (from caller times write up)

The ensuing onside attempt did not appear to go the Pirates way as the Texans appeared to recover the ball at midfield.

A penalty was called on Wimberley, however, for an apparent procedure infraction. A new rule this season says that the kicking team cannot block the opposing team before the ball has traveled the necessary 10 yards.

YTBulldogs
11-29-2015, 09:38 AM
Wimberley didn't touch the ball til it was 10 and half yards but (from caller times write up)

The ensuing onside attempt did not appear to go the Pirates way as the Texans appeared to recover the ball at midfield.

A penalty was called on Wimberley, however, for an apparent procedure infraction. A new rule this season says that the kicking team cannot block the opposing team before the ball has traveled the necessary 10 yards.

That's not a new rule SFiA.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2015, 09:42 AM
That's not a new rule SFiA.just posted what the Caller Times write up was on the play.

I didn't see the play as it happen was putting down my drink at the time only saw the part when it was recovered.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2015, 09:45 AM
some highlights of the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4guqJryb0KM

rb585
11-29-2015, 09:53 AM

Ah, thank you. We did definitely block before 10 yards.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2015, 09:55 AM
Ah, thank you. We did definitely block before 10 yards.
I only got the part when it was first touched I didn't get to put my drink down fast enough when it was kicked but right after 10 and half yards it was first touched by Wimberley and recovered.

YTBulldogs
11-29-2015, 10:08 AM
just posted what the Caller Times write up was on the play.

Got ya. Writers, announcers wrong more times than right regards to NCAA rules.

lbjacj
11-29-2015, 03:37 PM
http://wimberleyview.com/articles/2015/11/28/unbeaten-sinton-ends-texans-magical-playoff-run-third-round-29-21

Epicpirates
11-29-2015, 04:48 PM
It was a good game, just like last year, however, Sinton had FIT to clean up the penalties and turnovers or they will be done way sooner than they should be. That game should not have been as close as it was. We got lucky. The last time we played Cuero we had 6 turnovers... Can not do that again this time around. Congratulations to the Texans. We also have a young team, and I look forward to meeting up with y'all again next year. :)

ogg
11-29-2015, 04:56 PM
I'm hoping the 4th quarter throwing success carries over into next year for Wimberley. IMO, first time this year (offense) they looked in their groove.