PDA

View Full Version : Burnet 45 Liberty Hill 21

BHSSenior2006
11-08-2003, 12:36 AM
Good Job Panthers! It was a pretty good game, besides the really really cold weather! Alot of people showed up at the game, i heard that more people showed up for this game, than they do at 5a games. Alot of people came from Liberty Hill to support them!

Way to go Panthers! 9-1

Way to go Bulldogs! 10-0

Bandera YaYa
11-08-2003, 12:55 AM
That was a nice post......glad to see some good sportsman like conduct from a student!! You rock!!

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2003, 01:09 AM
Ditto...

pirateman98
11-08-2003, 01:38 AM
Congratulation to both teams on a great win. To Burnet I wish the best of luck. I hope you guys go into the playoffs and represent R4 well. I hope to see you guys in the Region finals again(that's if we make it there). You guys are have a great team and fans as well. Good Luck!

bulldogvet85
11-08-2003, 02:27 AM
i have to say I was impressed with the play by LH I saw some good things from them that I didnt expect. I'll say more tomorrow though cuz right now i'm beat

olddog73
11-08-2003, 10:00 AM
BHSSenior2006:
Good Job Panthers! It was a pretty good game, besides the really really cold weather! Alot of people showed up at the game, i heard that more people showed up for this game, than they do at 5a games. Alot of people came from Liberty Hill to support them!

Way to go Panthers! 9-1

Way to go Bulldogs! 10-0Sorry but you heard wrong about the 5a crowd thing. All you have to do is walk into a 5a stadium and you will understand. Yes we had a large crowd last night, very large for a 3a or maybe even a 4a game. But lets please not get those Forney guys going on that crowd stuff again. wink

olddawggreen
11-08-2003, 11:23 AM
olddog73:

BHSSenior2006:

Way to go Panthers! 9-1

Way to go Bulldogs! 10-0Sorry but you heard wrong about the 5a crowd thing. All you have to do is walk into a 5a stadium and you will understand. Yes we had a large crowd last night, very large for a 3a or maybe even a 4a game. But lets please not get those Forney guys going on that crowd stuff again. wink True the 5a thing would be a stretch, but you might find the following article from the Austin American Statesman this morning to be interesting;

BURNET 45, LIBERTY HILL 21

DAWGS TAKING PERFECT RECORD INTO PLAYOFFS

By Rick Cantu
American-Statesman Staff

BURNET- They are 10-0, district champs, and ranked No. 1 in the state. And the Burnet Bulldogs feel like they've accomplished nothing.
The Bulldogs, whose standards are incredibly high, completed their perfect season by trouncing rival Liberty Hill 45-21 before 8,000 fans Friday Night at Bulldog Stadium. The 22 seniors hoisted the 25-3A trophy above their heads as a light mist fell over them.
They advance to the Class 3A playoffs with a bi-district game against Somerset. Kickoff is 6:00 PM next Saturday at Bobcat Stadium in San Marcos........

Burnet Dawg06
11-08-2003, 12:08 PM
Does anybody know who the home team for the Burnet vs. San Marcos game is? And where is the Liberty Hill vs. Marion game going to be played??

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2003, 12:14 PM
Burnet Dawg06:
Does anybody know who the home team for the Burnet vs. San Marcos game is? And where is the Liberty Hill vs. Marion game going to be played??No word on us yet, that I've heard.

Chris Hart
11-08-2003, 01:40 PM
Since we play on Sat., if Liberty Hill has a Friday night game, I'm hoping to be able to attend and root on the Panthers. Good luck to all 25-3A teams!

Anybody know if Burnet is the Home/visitor this Sat.?

bulldogvet85
11-08-2003, 01:48 PM
LH Panther Mom:

Burnet Dawg06:
Does anybody know who the home team for the Burnet vs. San Marcos game is? And where is the Liberty Hill vs. Marion game going to be played??No word on us yet, that I've heard.dont know about who the home team is but i do know the LH game is in dripping springs or how ever you spell it

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2003, 01:48 PM
Chris Hart:
Since we play on Sat., if Liberty Hill has a Friday night game, I'm hoping to be able to attend and root on the Panthers. Good luck to all 25-3A teams!

Anybody know if Burnet is the Home/visitor this Sat.?I read on here they lost the toss, so I guess that means your visitors, right?

mwisnews
11-08-2003, 01:51 PM
I hate that Coach Vance was so negative and knew he was going to lose saying that "we got itty-bitty players". He had no confidence what so ever and Burnet ended up killing them again. Don't go with an attiude like that, I hate to see that in coach and it probably funneled down to the players. It doesn't matter now, I hope they do well in playoffs.

bulldogvet85
11-08-2003, 01:59 PM
ok i have to say that LH played a well game. I didnt think that LH was gonna have a chance with the run game that they had. The ran the ball well against burnet. They picked apart the middle and ran it up the gut pretty good. burnet had some good pursuit to the ball so LH run game to the outside wasnt good. i think that LH would have done better if they would have had a better defense and was able to put some more pressure on McGee. LH should be able to walk away with a win next week. congrats to burnet on the win!!! Good luck to LH next week!!!!!

PAINTBALL
11-08-2003, 02:29 PM
I have said since District started that 25 3A Rocks. After seeing Liberty Hill play their hearts out against Burnet I say again. 25 3A rocks. Let's show everyone. Go Burnet, Liberty Hill, and Wimberley.

BHSSenior2006
11-08-2003, 02:39 PM
Yeah..GO BURNET LIBERY HILL AND WIMBERLY!! 25 3A ROCKS!!!

BHSSenior2006
11-08-2003, 02:41 PM
I meant: GO BURNET, LIBERTY HILL, AND WIMBERLEY!

sorry for misspelling!

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2003, 02:45 PM
mwisnews:
I hate that Coach Vance was so negative and knew he was going to lose saying that "we got itty-bitty players". He had no confidence what so ever and Burnet ended up killing them again. Don't go with an attiude like that, I hate to see that in coach and it probably funneled down to the players. It doesn't matter now, I hope they do well in playoffs.Coach Vance was not being negative, he was being truthful. Our kids, overall, are smaller than last year and compared to Burnet, are itty-bitty. Three of our players weigh over 200 and four are over 6'. Only ONE of these kids is in both categories. Coach Vance has every confidence in our kids and has taught them the self-confidence that has brought them this far, including that great size does not necessarily make you the best. Coach Vance is the reason for the dramatic turnaround in our football program.

<small>[ November 08, 2003, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: LH Panther Mom ]</small>

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2003, 02:46 PM
<small>[ November 08, 2003, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: LH Panther Mom ]</small>

bulldogvet85
11-08-2003, 03:04 PM
I have to agree with you LH mom they are smaller than they were last year. but hey for as small as they were compared to burnet they sure did open some holes on the burnet defense to get some good yards up the middle. those kids from LH played some good ball against a good team. theres not much more you could ask for.

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2003, 03:09 PM
Speaking of size, since I didn't get a program, how tall is McGee - about 6'5"? And how about 78 (I think that was his number) - that guy was enormous. Wow, Burnet, you guys should go all the way.

bulldogvet85
11-08-2003, 03:28 PM
LH Panther Mom:
Speaking of size, since I didn't get a program, how tall is McGee - about 6'5"? And how about 78 (I think that was his number) - that guy was enormous. Wow, Burnet, you guys should go all the way.McGee is like 6'3" 78 is Jacob thomas he is 6'4" 250 2he is a soph. I think the guy you are talking about is 71 eddie rollman he is 6'4" and weighs like 285

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2003, 03:32 PM
Was either 78 or 71 the center? And, 78's just a sophomore? Whew, that means he's probably got 2-4 inches to grow. Our "biggest" guy at 6'2", 220, still looks itty-bitty against those guys.

bulldogvet85
11-08-2003, 03:37 PM
LH Panther Mom:
Was either 78 or 71 the center? And, 78's just a sophomore? Whew, that means he's probably got 2-4 inches to grow. Our "biggest" guy at 6'2", 220, still looks itty-bitty against those guys.71 is a tackle. 78 I'm not sure what position he is. yeah that is itty-bitty compared to what you have.

BHSSenior2006
11-08-2003, 03:53 PM
CORRECTION!!! Number 78(jacob thomas) is a JUNIOR!!!

olddawggreen
11-08-2003, 03:53 PM
bulldogvet85:

LH Panther Mom:
Speaking of size, since I didn't get a program, how tall is McGee - about 6'5"? And how about 78 (I think that was his number) - that guy was enormous. Wow, Burnet, you guys should go all the way.McGee is like 6'3" 78 is Jacob thomas he is 6'4" 250 2he is a soph. I think the guy you are talking about is 71 eddie rollman he is 6'4" and weighs like 285Jacob Thomas is a JR. and hes built like a rock. Hes a great kid too.

mhsb
11-08-2003, 03:56 PM
I play for the bulldogs of marion and our coach said we are playing at dripping springs possibly friday but im not for sure on the day but i am for sure on the place. Good luck to liberty hill
im out

mhsb
11-08-2003, 03:57 PM
I play for the bulldogs of marion and our coach said we are playing at dripping springs possibly friday but im not for sure on the day but i am for sure on the place. Good luck to liberty hill
im out

3afan2K3
11-08-2003, 04:02 PM
olddog73:

BHSSenior2006:

Way to go Panthers! 9-1

Way to go Bulldogs! 10-0Sorry but you heard wrong about the 5a crowd thing. All you have to do is walk into a 5a stadium and you will understand. Yes we had a large crowd last night, very large for a 3a or maybe even a 4a game. But lets please not get those Forney guys going on that crowd stuff again. wink .
not a chance .............. :D -- by the way, Forney gest a HOME playoff game ... cool

20dawgz05
11-08-2003, 04:36 PM
just gonna say GOOD JOB liberty hill im so glad we actualy had A GAME!!!... yall put up a grreat fight...and i think our boys needed a game b4 the playoffs

BHSSenior2006
11-08-2003, 05:01 PM
BURNET ROCKS!!! WE ARE GOING ALL THE WAY OH SORRY LIBERTY HILL.

dawgbacker10
11-08-2003, 05:43 PM
the marion vs. liberty hill game will be played at Dripping Springs High School at 7:30 Friday, Marion will be thr home team, i wlsh the best of liberty hill, this is josh balderas QB for marion and i just want to thank everyone on this site for backing us and not giving up on us , thanks for all your support.

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2003, 06:02 PM
dawgbacker10:
the marion vs. liberty hill game will be played at Dripping Springs High School at 7:30 Friday, Marion will be thr home team, i wlsh the best of liberty hill, this is josh balderas QB for marion and i just want to thank everyone on this site for backing us and not giving up on us , thanks for all your support.Good luck, Josh - see you Friday. And thanks for the info on the time. Ya'll have a safe trip.

BHSSenior2006
11-08-2003, 09:11 PM
YES...i agree....it was good to actually have a REAL FOOTBALL GAME to watch...

But it was a good game...Way to Fight Panthers!

GO BULLDOGS...ALL THE WAY TO STATE!!!

1team1dream
11-08-2003, 10:11 PM
i was reading what you guys were saying about rollmann and thomas just for your info.. burnets o-line...#71 LT EDDIE ROLLMANN 6'4" 285LBS SR., #72 LG THOMAS KINNEDY 6'2" 280LBS SOPH., #68 C CODY LONGORIA 5'9" 205 SR., #78 RG JACOB THOMAS 6'4" 250 JR., AND #75 CLAYTON TRAHAN 6'3" 265 JR... longoria prolly feels like liberty hill did friday night being in the middle of those guys. great job guys! STATE-BOUND! :D

bd0707
11-08-2003, 11:30 PM
I loved when Eddie Rollman took out those two Panthers chasing Mcgee out of the pocket, and I mean when he took them out he really took them out. He landed on top of both pursuers and laid there on top of them for a good 10 to 12 seconds as they tried as best they could to get him off he just relaxed rather contently. It really was kind of funny.

dawgdad
11-09-2003, 01:15 AM
78 Jacob Thomas is a guard,75 Clayton Trahan is the other tackle(265 #). Eddie Rollmann is left tackle 290#,6-4- all state,all-centex,all-district. Numerous D-1 offers. As for LH playing well and scoring after the first quarter, the second team was in for a good part of the 3rd qtr and most of the 4th qtr. Could have been a lot more lop-sided,think the coach didn't want to run up the score. 2nd team needed some practice in case they are needed as backups for playoffs. Two fumbles were recovered by LH because 2nd team q'back fumbled.

bulldogvet85
11-09-2003, 05:08 AM
bd0707:
I loved when Eddie Rollman took out those two Panthers chasing Mcgee out of the pocket, and I mean when he took them out he really took them out. He landed on top of both pursuers and laid there on top of them for a good 10 to 12 seconds as they tried as best they could to get him off he just relaxed rather contently. It really was kind of funny.i know which play you are talking about and it was a good play. he is really goodat his position. i think burnet will be good next year but not as good as they are this year i have to say that they are going to be hit hard by the graduating class I can already tell. By the way does anyone know what grade Jordan Shipley's little bro is in?

olddog73
11-09-2003, 06:59 AM
bulldogvet85:

bd0707:
I loved when Eddie Rollman took out those two Panthers chasing Mcgee out of the pocket, and I mean when he took them out he really took them out. He landed on top of both pursuers and laid there on top of them for a good 10 to 12 seconds as they tried as best they could to get him off he just relaxed rather contently. It really was kind of funny.i know which play you are talking about and it was a good play. he is really goodat his position. i think burnet will be good next year but not as good as they are this year i have to say that they are going to be hit hard by the graduating class I can already tell. By the way does anyone know what grade Jordan Shipley's little bro is in?5th grade, but like all good sports minded parents, I think he was held back a year by his parents.

b-townhottie06
11-09-2003, 02:11 PM
From what i understand Jordan's little sister is a tough girl..so in other sports(girls) some of them might want to watch out for her!

bulldogvet85
11-09-2003, 02:13 PM
b-townhottie06:
From what i understand Jordan's little sister is a tough girl..so in other sports(girls) some of them might want to watch out for her!what grade is she in? and how many young shipleys are there?

b-townhottie06
11-09-2003, 05:42 PM
Jordan's little sister is an 8th grader this year!

LHMom
11-09-2003, 09:15 PM
Chris Hart:

Anybody know if Burnet is the Home/visitor this Sat.?Chris - LH will play on Friday night in Dripping Springs.

Chris Hart
11-09-2003, 10:20 PM
LHMom:

Chris Hart:

Anybody know if Burnet is the Home/visitor this Sat.?Chris - LH will play on Friday night in Dripping Springs.Great, that's not too far away. If my schedule permits, I would love to be there and support Liberty Hill. Hopefully I'll get the oppurtunity.

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2003, 10:25 PM
The more, the merrier. We'd love to have you join us. :cool:

olddawggreen
11-09-2003, 11:31 PM
b-townhottie06:
From what i understand Jordan's little sister is a tough girl..so in other sports(girls) some of them might want to watch out for her!Watch out for both of them. Athetic ability runs in the family.

olddawggreen
11-09-2003, 11:33 PM
LH Panther Mom:
The more, the merrier. We'd love to have you join us. :cool: We will try to make it too LH Panther Mom.