PDA

View Full Version : Classification changes

Gontex
11-21-2015, 11:37 AM
With the numbers being released by the UIL yesterday, here are two changes that I know will be taking place. Gonzales will go from being one of the smallest schools in DI to nearly the largest (721) schools in D2. Should make for some interesting district changes for this area come February. Yoakum will be leaving 15 4A D2 for the 3A ranks. Dawgs should be really competitive in that classification considering they did very well against 4A competition. Don't know if they would simply put Gonzales into Yoakum's place in that district or if there will be some major changes made. Could see Gonzales, Navarro, Lagrange, Giddings and Smithville together in a district. Just speculation on my part.

Scoop27
11-21-2015, 12:19 PM
What about El-Maton Tidehaven dropping from Class 3A to Class 2A. I know they just missed the cutoff from going down the last realignment period

Gontex
11-21-2015, 08:45 PM
Haven't heard about El Maton.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-21-2015, 09:22 PM
16-4A II will pretty much look the same, but D15 will be very different.

From D15 II, Yoakum and Jourdanton are dropping down to 3A.

Aransas Pass is moving up from 3A and will most likely be in D15

It will be interesting to see how the district end up. As of now we know there's 4 RGV area teams that will be 4A D2 (Port Isabel, Rio Hondo, Raymondville, Progreso) From what I understand, the UIL wants every district to have at least 5 teams as to avoid a Houston Scarborough type debacle (0-10 team in the playoffs) The key here is Lyford. At last realignment they were just below the 4A cutoff by ~10 kids and as of now, Lyford has yet to release their Snapshot Day number. IF they have enough kids to be in 4A DII, they become the 5th team in D16 II. If they remain below the 4A cutoff, then Orange Grove and/or West Oso remain in D16 II. However, it is no secret that the head coach from Orange Grove will want to petition to be in D15 II because they feel that the level of competition they get from being in D16 is weak and doesn't prepare them for the tougher playoff games. It was evident in their loss to Wimberley tonight.

So with that said.....here's how I think districts 15 and 16 (Div. 2) will look like.

IF Lyford moves up to 4A
D15 - Sinton, Ingleside, Orange Grove, Aransas Pass, West Oso
D16 - Port Isabel, Rio Hondo, Raymondville, Lyford, Progreso

IF Lyford remains in 3A
D15 - Sinton, Ingleside, Orange Grove, Aransas Pass, Cuero
D16 - Port Isabel, Rio Hondo, Raymondville, West Oso, Progreso

bag-o-chips
11-21-2015, 09:36 PM
Bandera is dropping so I think you will see Hondo, Llano, Wimberley, Navarro and Bandera. I see Gonzo in with Cuero, Ingelside, Sinton, and AP. Remember Jourdanton is dropping also. Lytle will shift to the Devine district as well.

Gontex
11-22-2015, 10:17 AM
Bandera is dropping so I think you will see Hondo, Llano, Wimberley, Navarro and Bandera. I see Gonzo in with Cuero, Ingelside, Sinton, and AP. Remember Jourdanton is dropping also. Lytle will shift to the Devine district as well.

That is kind of what I was thinking. UIL would simply put Gonzales into Yoakum's spot in 15 II. Would seem to make sense because it would not require any more travel than this year's district needed. I can still see a district composed of Gonzales, Navarro, Smithville, Lagrange and Giddings. That would require very little travel for any of the teams. Makes too much sense though. UIL will never do that. Don't know why Hondo would not be playing in district with Devine.

MUSTANG69
11-23-2015, 09:02 AM
16-4A II will pretty much look the same, but D15 will be very different.

From D15 II, Yoakum and Jourdanton are dropping down to 3A.

Aransas Pass is moving up from 3A and will most likely be in D15

It will be interesting to see how the district end up. As of now we know there's 4 RGV area teams that will be 4A D2 (Port Isabel, Rio Hondo, Raymondville, Progreso) From what I understand, the UIL wants every district to have at least 5 teams as to avoid a Houston Scarborough type debacle (0-10 team in the playoffs) The key here is Lyford. At last realignment they were just below the 4A cutoff by ~10 kids and as of now, Lyford has yet to release their Snapshot Day number. IF they have enough kids to be in 4A DII, they become the 5th team in D16 II. If they remain below the 4A cutoff, then Orange Grove and/or West Oso remain in D16 II. However, it is no secret that the head coach from Orange Grove will want to petition to be in D15 II because they feel that the level of competition they get from being in D16 is weak and doesn't prepare them for the tougher playoff games. It was evident in their loss to Wimberley tonight.

So with that said.....here's how I think districts 15 and 16 (Div. 2) will look like.

IF Lyford moves up to 4A
D15 - Sinton, Ingleside, Orange Grove, Aransas Pass, West Oso
D16 - Port Isabel, Rio Hondo, Raymondville, Lyford, Progreso

IF Lyford remains in 3A
D15 - Sinton, Ingleside, Orange Grove, Aransas Pass, Cuero
D16 - Port Isabel, Rio Hondo, Raymondville, West Oso, Progreso

Or Orange Grove in D16 and West Oso in D15

Twirling Time
11-23-2015, 05:32 PM
With Graham dropping, that should put Bridgeport, Graham and Iowa Park together. But who else from there? Could be Celina, Aubrey and Krum. Nobody to the west.

Yep, Celina and Graham in the same district.

CP3Dad
11-23-2015, 06:34 PM
With Graham dropping, that should put Bridgeport, Graham and Iowa Park together. But who else from there? Could be Celina, Aubrey and Krum. Nobody to the west.

Vernon and Iowa Park are always together.

CP3Dad
11-23-2015, 06:35 PM
Any word on Gainesville number?

Tink4392
11-23-2015, 08:56 PM

I think they will just take Anna's place since they are moving up I heard from district 3 and leave district 1 the same!

Eagle Nation
11-23-2015, 09:33 PM
I think district 3 becomes a two team race now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twirling Time
11-24-2015, 08:33 PM
Any word on Gainesville number?

Haven't seen a definite number, but nobody expects Gainesville to drop. I know their number last time was low, but their TEA enrollment for this year's classes is 778.

mwrams
11-24-2015, 08:46 PM
With Graham moving to Div.II will probably join Vernon, Iowa Park, Maybe Springtown will replace them or Stephenville moves North?

Twirling Time
11-24-2015, 09:35 PM
Based on what I know, Seminole and Brownfield are both moving into 4A-II. That will make District 2 crowded, and I think both will go to District 1. That will boot Vernon and Iowa Park to District 3 with Graham, Bridgeport and 2 others ... probably Krum and Aubrey. So District 4 will become Celina, Melissa, Bonham, Community, Caddo Mills and Emory Rains.

Unless I'm missing something, that's Region I in a nutshell.

orange machine
11-24-2015, 10:39 PM
Based on what I know, Seminole and Brownfield are both moving into 4A-II. That will make District 2 crowded, and I think both will go to District 1. That will boot Vernon and Iowa Park to District 3 with Graham, Bridgeport and 2 others ... probably Krum and Aubrey. So District 4 will become Celina, Melissa, Bonham, Community, Caddo Mills and Emory Rains.

geez let's hope ur wrong.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-24-2015, 11:23 PM
Or Orange Grove in D16 and West Oso in D15

I doubt it. Jerry Bomar has made it clear he wants tougher competition in district. D16 won't cut it.

debragga
11-25-2015, 08:04 PM

Don't forget the current district 4 - DISD, Ferris and a few others

Twirling Time
11-26-2015, 04:04 PM
The current District 4 would become District 5 and go to Region II.