PDA

View Full Version : El Campo vs Silsbee

speedbump
11-21-2015, 10:57 AM
Lots and lots of offense in this one. Birds easily have a much better D. El Campo by 10.

Moorhead Stadium, Conroe - 7:00 pm Frriday

j_dog
11-21-2015, 12:06 PM
Silsbee probably can handle the EC defense. I expect that they will be much more concerned about stopping Mr. Dove.

Pepper Brooks
11-21-2015, 12:36 PM
Silsbee has a very explosive offense. Tigers should win by 10+
Tigers will play just enough defense to get some stops. Do not know if the Birds will be able to keep up with all the weapons the Tigers have on offense.

Scoop27
11-21-2015, 01:51 PM
El Campo Webcast Feed
www.kulpradio.com

speedbump
11-22-2015, 12:47 AM
Silsbee has a very explosive offense. Tigers should win by 10+
Tigers will play just enough defense to get some stops. Do not know if the Birds will be able to keep up with all the weapons the Tigers have on offense.

Who are all these weapons? I've looked at as many clips as I can find and just don't see anything we haven't seen before.

AggiesAreWe
11-22-2015, 11:14 AM
Lots and lots of offense in this one. Birds easily have a much better D. El Campo by 10.

Moorhead Stadium, Conroe - 7:00 pm Frriday

Silsbee has the better offense.

Is it a wash?

speedbump
11-22-2015, 12:20 PM
Silsbee has the better offense.

Is it a wash?

I don't think so. Not one team in their district gave up less than 300 points and all but one gave up at least 330. Really weak district IMO. EC might have scored as much against that group LOL. The Ricebirds struggle against the pass but I'd say Silsbee is not Navasota. Another reason I feel confident is the Sealy game. No Eckhardt (starting QB) or Christian Wllace (one of the better backs in 4A) and the best they could do was a 14 point win ? I've got to stick to my 10 point win for the Birds.

AggiesAreWe
11-22-2015, 02:54 PM
I think Silsbee's offense will decide this one.

Give me the Tigers, 38-34.

Scoop27
11-22-2015, 06:58 PM
The Ricebirds by at least two touchdowns. Dove will rack up over 100 yards. The Tigers were not that impressive against a Sealy team last week who was missing their top two quarterbacks with injuries. Sealy was in the game until early in the fourth quarter.

bird_fan
11-23-2015, 01:04 AM
The Bird and Tigers have met twice before both playoff games. Birds winning 26-16 quarterfinal round on their way to a state final appearance, An the Tigers winnng 28-7 in 1998 in a regional showdown only to lose to State finalist LaMarque the next round. This should be quite a game. Im being a homer and picking the Birds in a close one.

Pepper Brooks
11-23-2015, 09:08 AM
Silsbee by 10

HEMOTOXIC
11-23-2015, 11:33 AM
Birds 38-28.

Pepper Brooks
11-23-2015, 12:19 PM
Birds 38-28.

Not a chance they hold Silsbee's offense to 28 points.

HEMOTOXIC
11-23-2015, 12:30 PM
Not a chance they hold Silsbee's offense to 28 points.

Did you say that about Sealy on that other site? We are talking about a much different ball hog offense than Sealy.

Good Luck!

Pepper Brooks
11-23-2015, 01:16 PM
Yes I did.
IMO Sealy defense is better than El Campo.
Silsbee had the ball less than 16 1/2 minutes against Sealy and still put up 35 points.

HEMOTOXIC
11-23-2015, 01:23 PM
Yes I did.
Silsbee had the ball less than 16 1/2 minutes against Sealy and still put up 35 points.

Wait until you meet Mr. Dove and company.

Sealy may have a better defense but Sealy was without their top RB and QB. If Silsbee can't stop the run, it will be a very long night... EL Campo will control the clock and limit Silsbee's possessions. So, make good use of the ball when you have it.

speedbump
11-23-2015, 01:25 PM
Yes I did.

What makes you think think that?

j_dog
11-23-2015, 04:47 PM
I don't think so. Not one team in their district gave up less than 300 points and all but one gave up at least 330. Really weak district IMO. EC might have scored as much against that group LOL. The Ricebirds struggle against the pass but I'd say Silsbee is not Navasota. Another reason I feel confident is the Sealy game. No Eckhardt (starting QB) or Christian Wllace (one of the better backs in 4A) and the best they could do was a 14 point win ? I've got to stick to my 10 point win for the Birds.

Funny you mention Navasota. Navasota is clearly a great team both offensively and defensively . This is an indirect comparison, but Navasota punted against Jasper in its first possession; Silsbee did not punt against Jasper until late in the third quarter. Navasota scored 35 on Jasper, Silsbee scored 59 points. There was only two weeks between the games so both teams played against basically the same Jasper defense. Silsbee probably does not yet possess a defense like Navasota. But they do have an offense that can burn you quickly. I saw Mr. Dove last yaer and I saw what he can do. Weather permitting, I am going to see this game! I think it will be an offensive barn burner from both sides. The team that scores last will probably win.

Weebe
11-23-2015, 04:50 PM
90% chance of rain before and during the game.

I guess El Campo will have to abandon the passing game.

j_dog
11-23-2015, 05:01 PM

It may not be that bad. 90% chance of rain, but only an estimated 1/4 of an inch. Sounds like more of a light drizzle forecast to me.

HEMOTOXIC
11-23-2015, 05:41 PM
It may not be that bad. 90% chance of rain, but only an estimated 1/4 of an inch. Sounds like more of a light drizzle forecast to me.

That would be great. I'm still deciding if I'm going to make the trip to Beaumont from Irving.

speedbump
11-23-2015, 07:36 PM
After reading all of the input on this thread,Ive decided that prayer may be our only chance. So that being the case,when I hit my knees tonight I'm going to ask ......

1 - That next year we can include Brooshire Royal and 4 HISD schools on our schedule so we can have as good a defense as Sealy.

2 - That the rain or drizzle will be really wet so we can showcase our prolific passing aquattack.

3 - That Silsbee gives the Ricebirds the ball for 31 1/2 minutes like they did Sealy. Pleeeeeeaaase grant us that one. (If we get that one,he can put the other two on lay away until we play Navasota or Carthage)

Weebe
11-23-2015, 08:50 PM
After reading all of the input on this thread,Ive decided that prayer may be our only chance. So that being the case,when I hit my knees tonight I'm going to ask ......

1 - That next year we can include Brooshire Royal and 4 HISD schools on our schedule so we can have as good a defense as Sealy.

2 - That the rain or drizzle will be really wet so we can showcase our prolific passing aquattack.

3 - That Silsbee gives the Ricebirds the ball for 31 1/2 minutes like they did Sealy. Pleeeeeeaaase grant us that one. (If we get that one,he can put the other two on lay away until we play Navasota or Carthage)

+1...

Starlinmarlin
11-23-2015, 09:32 PM

Sounds like EC will have to change its entire game plan!

Weebe
11-23-2015, 10:00 PM
Sounds like EC will have to change its entire game plan!

Apparently only a light drizzle. Thankfully, we can open the playbook back up.

Pepper Brooks
11-25-2015, 05:04 PM
Wait until you meet Mr. Dove and company.

Sealy may have a better defense but Sealy was without their top RB and QB. If Silsbee can't stop the run, it will be a very long night... EL Campo will control the clock and limit Silsbee's possessions. So, make good use of the ball when you have it.

They will.

If you are heading to Beaumont Friday, have a safe trip.

j_dog
11-27-2015, 04:57 PM
Good luck Silsbee, may the ball bounce your way! I am on my way to watch and cheer you on. See you there.

j_dog
11-28-2015, 12:01 PM
Funny you mention Navasota. Navasota is clearly a great team both offensively and defensively . This is an indirect comparison, but Navasota punted against Jasper in its first possession; Silsbee did not punt against Jasper until late in the third quarter. Navasota scored 35 on Jasper, Silsbee scored 59 points. There was only two weeks between the games so both teams played against basically the same Jasper defense. Silsbee probably does not yet possess a defense like Navasota. But they do have an offense that can burn you quickly. I saw Mr. Dove last yaer and I saw what he can do. Weather permitting, I am going to see this game! I think it will be an offensive barn burner from both sides. The team that scores last will probably win.

Wow what a game! Silsbee had just enough stops on Mr. Dove to give them a chance at the end. Silsbee finally got their passing game in sync and scored the deciding TD as time expired. El Campo was tough, everyone knew they would be. But someone asked where Silsbee's "weapons" were. I think now we know. Last week they did not have to use every thing in their playbook. Last night, they did, and in the end it was just enough. Congrats to both teams for playing one of the most exciting games that I have ever seen.

Pepper Brooks
11-28-2015, 12:13 PM
Did you say that about Sealy on that other site? We are talking about a much different ball hog offense than Sealy.

Good Luck!

Welp!