PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer Buckeyes vs Center Roughriders @ TMF Rose Stadium in Tyler Fri 7:30

lostaussie
11-21-2015, 08:38 AM
Buckeyes on a 28 game winning streak and just seem to refuse to lose. Looked like the team we have been used to seeing last night in 63-14 win over Mexia

Center is trying to build a program and reputation and could take a huge step in that direction with an upset of the Buckeyes. Gilmer has quite a history with Center's Coach Bowman while he was at Daingerfield so he will be very knowledgeable of what we do.

Strange to say for Gilmer but although the offense has shown spurts of our past offensive explosiveness the defense is carrying this team. Hopefully the focus is where it needs to be and Buckeyes continue to roll.

What say ye???

lostaussie
11-21-2015, 05:00 PM
We done fell to page 2 like yesterday's news:D

d0tc0m
11-21-2015, 05:21 PM
Gilmer's history with Bowman is they used to beat him every year. Streak hits 29 this week. Give me the Buckeyes by 14.

cowboyandchrist
11-21-2015, 05:44 PM
I know the Center Riders are a darn good team this year, but you cannot bet against Gilmer, they are the defending Champs. This will be a hard fought game and Center will be ready to play, but Gilmer is Gilmer and they just find different ways to win.

Old Green
11-22-2015, 09:01 PM
I know the Center Riders are a darn good team this year, but you cannot bet against Gilmer, they are the defending Champs. This will be a hard fought game and Center will be ready to play, but Gilmer is Gilmer and they just find different ways to win.:iagree: I wouldn't bet against the Buckeyes in this game.

pirate4state
11-22-2015, 09:08 PM
Buckeyes on a 28 game winning streak and just seem to refuse to lose. Looked like the team we have been used to seeing last night in 63-14 win over Mexia

Center is trying to build a program and reputation and could take a huge step in that direction with an upset of the Buckeyes. Gilmer has quite a history with Center's Coach Bowman while he was at Daingerfield so he will be very knowledgeable of what we do.

Strange to say for Gilmer but although the offense has shown spurts of our past offensive explosiveness the defense is carrying this team. Hopefully the focus is where it needs to be and Buckeyes continue to roll.

What say ye???

No Center posters? Where the heck is Center anyway?

lostaussie
11-22-2015, 09:09 PM
From Gilmer its on the way to Toledo Bend:D

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

db1980
11-22-2015, 09:51 PM
No Center posters? Where the heck is Center anyway?

Down the road from Joaquin

garciap77
11-22-2015, 11:27 PM

What say ye???

:2thumbsup:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl: Buckeyes Roll :cheerl::cheerl::cheerl::2thumbsup

buckeyebob
11-23-2015, 07:55 AM
From Gilmer its on the way to Toledo Bend:D

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Two track mind

waterboy
11-23-2015, 09:57 AM
Can we add a poll? Gilmer will have to bring their A game this week to advance. Center is no slouch, and looks like the real deal. I do think Gilmer will win, but it "should" be a close game.

lostaussie
11-24-2015, 08:44 AM
Every time this falls to page 2 I'm going to bring it back. I think statewide the thought is Gilmer rolls on, ho hum.......I just don't think it's going to be that easy.

waterboy
11-24-2015, 09:25 AM
I've looked at Center's schedule, and I just don't see anything that jumps out at me saying that they are as good as some say. They lost to Waskom, who is a very good 3A-D2 team who is the defending state champ, and to Gladewater, who had a real down year. I could qualify the Waskom loss by saying that it was the first game with a new head coach, so that's not really a "bad" loss. Losing to Gladewater, however, makes me think they are very beatable. I guess you could qualify the win over Jasper by 3 points a good win. When they played Atlanta, a 30-7 win, it was only 14-7 halfway through the 4th before the wheels came off for a very depleted Atlanta team. The more I look at this game, the more I think it should be a Buckeye win. That doesn't necessarily mean that will happen, though, as the Buckeyes have shown they have a propensity to make mistakes. If the Buckeyes come out focused and play with the same urgency as last week, I think we win by at least 10 points. If we make mistakes it will be a struggle that can go either way.

lostaussie
11-24-2015, 09:56 AM
One thing I do like is the fact that we have beaten TWO DI teams that are still playing in the third round. Games like this just tend to make me nervous.

waterboy
11-24-2015, 10:44 AM
One thing I do like is the fact that we have beaten TWO DI teams that are still playing in the third round. Games like this just tend to make me nervous.

I'm always nervous, no matter who we're playing. To be honest, I've been looking at quality of opponents, what their opponents have done, etc. Something that jumps out at me is the Fairfield game. Center had to come from behind in the 2nd half in that game to win 42-28. Fairfield lost Lorena (Atlanta's opponent this week) 50-26, and only beat Mexia 14-7, a team Gilmer manhandled 63-14. I know it's not a very good barometer looking at scores per se, but the district Center won (#1 seed even though they shared the title with Atlanta and Gladewater?) wasn't really a whole lot better than ours. There was more parity, but of mediocrity more so than outstanding teams. The strength of schedule difference is huge in this one. That doesn't necessarily translate on the field, but it is what it is. Do I think we could lose? Absolutely, if we don't play with a sense of urgency and focus. To be honest, I think if the Buckeyes play the way they did last week, they will beat Center by at least 10, maybe more. What makes me nervous is I don't know what to expect...

d0tc0m
11-24-2015, 12:23 PM
If the Gilmer that had to overcome seven turnovers to beat Pleasant Grove in round one shows up on Friday, Center moves on. If the Gilmer that blasted Mexia last week shows up, this one is over by mid third quarter. In my opinion, Center will need to force some Buckeyes turnovers - or hope Gilmer commits some miscues all on their own - and capitalize on them. They'll have to build a lead and hold onto it. This Gilmer team, as they showed in the win over PG, just will not ever die. If you have them down, you better keep them down, keep kicking them, cut the head off and burn the body and pray that it's enough. Great season for Center so far. I think they will play some inspired football on Friday. I could see them coming out and popping the Buckeyes in the mouth. In the end, though, I don't think they have the pedigree to sustain that for all 48 minutes yet.

Give me the Buckeyes by 14.

waterboy
11-25-2015, 01:45 PM
The weather could play a factor in this matchup. If it's rainy and windy, it could change the offensive approach, or make it difficult to sustain drives with the passing game. I think it'll come down to whose defense is better at getting stops, especially in the running game. Center is about 62% run, while Gilmer's offense is about 55% run. This game will most definitely be won in the trenches. Gilmer's offensive line will have to step it up in this one if weather is a factor.

GTownballer
11-25-2015, 03:45 PM
I say Center is talented enough, to stay in this one, no matter what, they have atleast 4 on offense that are a threat to go to the house with it, everytime they touch it, Gilmer will have to play mistake free football, to keep the win streak alive, if not Center advances, from what I see this will be the most talented team, we have played all year! I think they are as talented as LE, with a better QB!

garciap77
11-25-2015, 06:12 PM
Spider monkeys will be to much for Tnhe Roughriders!

lostaussie
11-25-2015, 08:40 PM
Spider monkeys will be to much for Tnhe Roughriders!

Spider Monkeys don't be Bull S;"%+ing:D

Aesculus gilmus
11-25-2015, 09:46 PM
I understand the SFA stadium is not available for the playoffs, but it would have been a lot better place to play, given where the flash flood watch line ends here:
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/images/fxc/shv/graphicast/image_full21.jpg

At least it won't be cold, but I can easily foresee this game being a very miserable experience for spectators (and players, for that matter). Hope the forecast is wrong.

waterboy
11-26-2015, 10:29 AM
Every day the forecast keeps pushing the rain further and further back. Hopefully the weather will keep getting later and later on arrival, and not start the bad stuff until around 10:30 Friday night... :D

lostaussie
11-27-2015, 07:40 PM
46 with a slight north wind and light rain at the moment. Still 50 minutes from kick but weather not TOO BAD yet.

lostaussie
11-28-2015, 11:58 AM
Gilmer's history with Bowman is they used to beat him every year. Streak hits 29 this week. Give me the Buckeyes by 14.

Nice pick:D