PDA

View Full Version : cowboyandchrist

Dawgs
11-21-2015, 02:11 AM
Ok, now you can start with all the storm talk. Cause its coming. I told you at the beginning and middle of the season to take it easy and reserve some of the talk, but now you can start it up. This Carthage team finally turned the corner like we knew they could. The Kilgore loss kicked this thing into gear. We are coming off of dismantling a dang good football team. Carthage has routed 5 straight opponents. Carthage ain't getting beat again this season. Not by Navasota, Argyle, LE or anybody else. Defense wins championships!!!

WOS87
11-21-2015, 02:19 AM
Sounds like famous last words to me... we shall see won't we? Good luck!

Dawgs
11-21-2015, 02:21 AM
Sounds like famous last words to me... we shall see won't we? Good luck!
Only one thing is for certain, we will find out one way or the other. We have just seen this too many times at Carthage. I will take Carthage's best against anybody in 4a's best everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Surratt is too good at exploiting other teams, and when he has the weapons and they start clicking that's a dangerous combination.

WOS87
11-21-2015, 02:23 AM
I believe you. Navasota showed they are vulnerable after tonight. But there are 3 games to play after that one.

Dawgs
11-21-2015, 02:34 AM
I believe you. Navasota showed they are vulnerable after tonight. But there are 3 games to play after that one.
You are right. I might be getting a little excited, and want to get my buddy C&C going more than anything. But dang we been waiting on this team for 2 years to take a step, and they finally have. That was a huge win over a quality (some would've said elite) opponent, so I will admit maybe I am being a little overzealous. It's just that strange feeling all true Carthage fans have who watch these teams from start to finish when they start playing like this. I truly believe we won't get beat again. I can't explain why. We have just seen this exact team before.

WOS87
11-21-2015, 02:36 AM
You are right. I might be getting a little excited, and want to get my buddy C&C going more than anything. But dang we been waiting on this team for 2 years to take a step, and they finally have. That was a huge win over a quality (some would've said elite) opponent, so I will admit maybe I am being a little overzealous. It's just that strange feeling all true Carthage fans have who watch these teams from start to finish when they start playing like this. I truly believe we won't get beat again. I can't explain why. We have just seen this exact team before.

I'm right there with you man. WOS just dominated a Wharton team that was #7 in the state in some ratings but the last thing you want is for it to go to the teams head and think they're suddenly invincible. That's when bad things happen.

WOS87
11-21-2015, 02:40 AM
Here ya go... Carthage ranked ahead of both Argyle and Navasota on Calpreps although they haven't updated completely..

http://calpreps.com/2015/ratings/Texas_division.htm#4A-1

speedbump
11-21-2015, 03:11 AM
Carthage ain't getting beat again this season. Not by Navasota, Argyle, LE or anybody else.

2012 anybody else 29 - Carthage24
2014 anybody else 28 - Carthage 21

Dawgs
11-21-2015, 03:23 AM

2012 Carthage got beat in prolly the worst loss of the Surratt era. We had no business losing that game. 2014 Carthage was lucky to be in the 2nd round of the playoffs. That was the worst team we had in prolly 10 years. I give credit where its due in 2012. Yall stunned us that season. But 2014 y'all barely escaped a 6-5 team. If it makes you feel better about beating Carthage it should. We have put 4 championship trophies in the case since 2008. We are something like 34-4 in the playoffs since that time. 2 of those losses were to EC. Congrats on the accomplishment.

ctown81
11-21-2015, 06:54 AM

Telling right now the Ricebirds have all of our respect. Especially in 2012. In 2014 yall should have blown us out. Hope you guys make it. Navasota while still the best at this point 4a was exposed last night. I was expectin them to rout Jasper.

Like other posters from the C, I have that feeling about this team.

Weebe
11-21-2015, 07:12 AM
I'd love to see an El Campo-Carthage rematch in the quarterfinals. Navasota has won plenty recently.

Although, I think it is far from a sure thing like Dawgs thinks it is.

ctown81
11-21-2015, 08:22 AM
I'd love to see an El Campo-Carthage rematch in the quarterfinals. Navasota has won plenty recently.

Although, I think it is far from a sure thing like Dawgs thinks it is.

Here's my issue with El Campo. Yall beat us twice but didn't do a thing after that. If yall somehow beat us this season if we play, can yall at least win the whole thing? In all seriousness I was pulling for you all last night because we owe yall a butt whipping real bad.

Weebe
11-21-2015, 08:31 AM
El Campo actually played Navasota a tough game last year. We just can't stop the pass.

That's why Kilgore was a good matchup for us. That's also why Carthage would be preferable over Navasota.

But, got to beat Silsbee first.

cowboyandchrist
11-21-2015, 08:54 AM
I got ran over pretty good when I said at the beginning of the year that this team was a lot like the 2010. This defense is amazing and this week the Dawgs get middle linebacker back, he is a big time thumper. Coach S and his staff has turned the Dawgs loose. I have watched high school football for over 50 years and I have never seen a team get better each week in the playoffs like Carthage does. At the high school level, most teams are as good as they can be by week 7 or 8. Carthage will be better next week. I believe the Dawgs can beat Navasota. Last week heavy wind blew in, last night heavy rain, next week extreme Thunder and lightning. God Bless players, coaches, and fans.

cowboyandchrist
11-21-2015, 09:31 AM
I got ran over pretty good when I said at the beginning of the year that this team was a lot like the 2010. This defense is amazing and this week the Dawgs get middle linebacker back, he is a big time thumper. Coach S and his staff has turned the Dawgs loose. I have watched high school football for over 50 years and I have never seen a team get better each week in the playoffs like Carthage does. At the high school level, most teams are as good as they can be by week 7 or 8. Carthage will be better next week. I believe the Dawgs can beat Navasota. Last week heavy wind blew in, last night heavy rain, next week extreme Thunder and lightning. God Bless players, coaches, and fans.

The National Weather station has now named the storm headed towards Navasota, The Dawgnator. Please take cover.

lostaussie
11-21-2015, 10:20 AM
Them Nav boys probably shaking in their shoes. It's one thing to talk it up on the internet, its another to get it done on the field. With that said...... I hope the Dawgs give them all they want and more. Nothing against Nav, they have been amazing the last few years, but GO DAWGS.

regaleagle
11-21-2015, 10:29 AM
Navasota can be beat.....Argyle's team proved that last season in the State Final. And that Argyle team even with Ralston was very one-dimensional. This year's Argyle team might be a little tougher to defend against.....and certainly the Eagles D is very tough. I'd love to see a Carthage/Argyle final.....that would be one heckuva rockem sockem affair, haha.

Dawgs
11-21-2015, 03:02 PM
The National Weather station has now named the storm headed towards Navasota, The Dawgnator. Please take cover.

Hahahaha! My man! Everybody in 4a better take cover! I love it!

Dawgs
11-21-2015, 03:05 PM
El Campo actually played Navasota a tough game last year. We just can't stop the pass.

That's why Kilgore was a good matchup for us. That's also why Carthage would be preferable over Navasota.

But, got to beat Silsbee first.

Like the other posters said, EC has Carthage's respect for sure. I think you guys walz into the regional final. Carthage is going to have a tough row to hoe.

Dawgs
11-21-2015, 03:10 PM
Them Nav boys probably shaking in their shoes. It's one thing to talk it up on the internet, its another to get it done on the field. With that said...... I hope the Dawgs give them all they want and more. Nothing against Nav, they have been amazing the last few years, but GO DAWGS.

They may not be shaking in their cleats but they remember that beat down they received when they were sophomores. I want to see how they respond when hit with some adversity. This Carthage team is battled tested for sure, and has came out on the other side putting it on good teams. You of all people know how tough of a schedule we played.