PDA

View Full Version : Argyle(11-1) vs Kennedale(12-0)

regaleagle
11-21-2015, 01:46 AM
Well I guess both teams will get their biggest test of the season next week, huh? Can't really say much right now about this game....except Kennedale is out for blood this season against Argyle. I know we have kept them from advancing several times over the years when they had a great team like they do this season. Last year's team was supposed to be the best ever, but I wouldn't be surprised if this year's squad is better overall in all facets of the game. Tough team to beat every time we played them, even if the score didn't reflect that. Not sure what to expect from them, but perhaps some of the posters that have seen them can chime in. All I know is that this game will be a tough one for Argyle if it rains next Friday.

Eagle Nation
11-21-2015, 02:19 AM
The game will played next Friday @ 730pm at SMU. Argyle will be the home team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wayne
11-21-2015, 09:10 AM
The only thing bad about this game is its still a week away. Congrats to Kennedale and Argyle for making it to the next round. This will be a good game for sure, but I believe the Eagles are too much for the Wildcats. Argyle has a great defense and a powerful, explosive offense. Argyle by 13

lostaussie
11-21-2015, 09:16 AM
What what I've seen and read......D1 R2 is a dang tough gauntlet. Whoever comes out of this region, if they not beat all to heck, should be well battle tested

bleedgreen
11-21-2015, 02:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOP9sqecLWQ

regaleagle
11-21-2015, 04:09 PM
Geez, thanks for the informative look, bleedgreen.....haha. I reckon that's about all us fans will see before the game, huh?

toddg
11-21-2015, 06:03 PM
i dont know why the wildcats have started slow in the 1st halves the last couple of weeks..but they wont get away with that this week.

bleedgreen
11-21-2015, 06:42 PM
Q Wadley had 2 carries at the start and then sat out still limping around. Kennedale has ample running backs, even a freshman DJ Kirven but I guess they just didn't gel until the 2nd half started.
The defense gave up 2 td's in the first half to Logan Fuller (not to be confused with the Athens Hornets). You knew he would get the ball and we still couldn't stop him. In the first period alone, Kennedale was on offense for a whole 2 minutes. Talk about ball control.
Well, the 2nd half was another ballgame. Football fans got 2 games for the price of one. Fuller was stopped when needed and Kennedale's offense returned, scoring 14 in the 3rd and 33 in the 4th. I'm sure Barrett made adjustments during halftime but like Toddg said, they can't wait for the 2nd half to start playing like they are capable. Playing the Eagles at SMU is a good venue and hopefully, the weather cooperates. I hope it's a seesaw affair with lot's of momentum shifts. I love games that go to the final seconds. The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat will be on display. Good luck to both sides and after what I saw last night to Athens player #64, be in prayer for injury-free football.

Eagle Nation
11-21-2015, 07:32 PM
Right now, the forecast for Friday is a high of 48 with rain.

slingshot
11-21-2015, 08:28 PM
Argyle by 10...

bearbear78
11-22-2015, 12:58 AM
Eagles by 17

texas_wildcat
11-22-2015, 12:24 PM
This should be a good and close game I say Kennedale by 7

bleedgreen
11-22-2015, 12:39 PM
Last year's great region final.....I'm hoping for another one but with different results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUUaOW01xlM

lostaussie
11-22-2015, 12:39 PM
Kennedale
Argyle
Liberty Eylau
Kaufman
That's rough right there!!!! I still hope its LE and Argyle for the region final

regaleagle
11-22-2015, 01:20 PM
From the looks of things, D2 ain't gonna be no cakewalk the next couple of years with Pitt dropping down. Who knows.....Celina might end up back in Region 2 also.

regaleagle
11-22-2015, 01:47 PM
I think Pitt will be right on the cutline at 722.....the largest school in D-2. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I think Graham's enrollment is the same.

Wayne
11-23-2015, 08:47 PM
Awful quite over here for this to be such a big game.

stardog
11-23-2015, 08:50 PM
I think Pitt will be right on the cutline at 722.....the largest school in D-2. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I think Graham's enrollment is the same.
The Old Coach has Pittsburg at 699 and Graham at 711

Tink4392
11-23-2015, 09:02 PM
I wish I could make this game! Gonna be a great game! Going with argyle in this one but not sure by how much.

Eagle Nation
11-23-2015, 09:31 PM
I'll go with Argyle. Argyle will mainly need to worry about the run of Kennedale vs Kennedale will have to try and shut down the Argyle attack.

LionFan72
11-24-2015, 09:10 AM
Would like to be there for this one, clash of the titans! Both storied programs at this point, gonna be a hard hitting smash mouth slobberknocker! I'll take Argyle by a field goal, just because they always seen to have a great kicker! 3 points!! And praying for a healthy and injury free game. Best of luck to both teams!

regaleagle
11-24-2015, 09:54 AM
Don't kid yourselves......the weather will play a HUGE role in this weeks games. Any team built for the run like Kennedale is will have a definitive advantage in wet weather. Mix in the cold with that and you can pretty much guess what that does to an offense that passes a lot. Pounding the ball on the ground every play on wet turf favors the offense......they know where the play is going. Footing and changing directions quickly on wet turf does make a difference. The team that runs well and often should have more opportunities against the defense than they normally would.

regaleagle
11-24-2015, 09:58 AM
Obviously, I will not be driving up for this one like I intended to do. I'll just wait to see what happens this week with the bad weather forecasts. Goliad(my alma mater) will be playing Mathis at 2 pm in San Marcos at Bobcat Stadium. Both teams have similar offenses. I may go see that one in the middle of the afternoon......one hour drive.

Wayne
11-25-2015, 08:13 AM
I think a lot of folks are going to be shocked at the end of this game. Argyle is the underdog, and if they win this game they will still be the underdog. Gotta love Highschool Playoffs.

mwrams
11-25-2015, 08:25 AM
speaking of Kennedale.....Mineral Wells beat them on the court last night....course some will say its because Kennedale is still playing football>>>>Well, so is Mineral Wells....

RPF2666
11-25-2015, 08:38 AM
So... Mineral Wells JV basketball team is better than Kennedale's? ;)

mwrams
11-25-2015, 08:41 AM
No it was the Varsity...(We been beating their JV for years) lol

waterboy
11-25-2015, 10:40 AM
With the weather being a major factor, this game will come down to which defense can shut down the run better. The passing game will definitely be limited in effectiveness by wind and rain. The weather seems to make it more favorable for Kennedale's style of offense. I still say Argyle finds a way to win, but it'll probably be close.

RPF2666
11-25-2015, 10:42 AM
Pulling for Argyle...

regaleagle
11-25-2015, 11:29 AM
I think everybody(the competition) is really worried about Argyle.....everybody except Kennedale. I think that they think that they will win this game because the rainy, wet conditions will be their ace in the hole. I must admit that I am a little worried too......but in a different way. Will the potent, run-heavy offensive juggernaut of the Wildcats run all over a stingy, tough Eagles defense in cold and wet conditions? Or will Argyle just have to outscore Kennedale with their balanced attack in order to win this game? I think we are going to find out just how good the Wildcat defense really is on Friday night. I also think if Argyle wins this game against this team in these conditions, everybody left standing will be worried......everybody except me, hahaha......and the rest of the Argyllian Nation.

Wayne
11-25-2015, 08:14 PM
Man, the more I see all the rain and flooding they are calling for makes me wonder if they may try to reschedule these games.

LEFAN80
11-25-2015, 08:35 PM
The weather will play a crucial part in our regular gameplan also having passed for more than 3,000 yards this season, Kaufman runs 70% of the time so it won't effect them as much

Wayne
11-25-2015, 08:42 PM
It will definitely cause teams to change game plans. It's going to be miserable, but I will be there to support our team. Good Luck LE! Hope we get to see yall next week.

texas_wildcat
11-26-2015, 01:36 PM
Can't wait to see this game rain sleet or snow I will be there

Aguilafanatico
11-26-2015, 02:00 PM
Can't wait to see this game rain sleet or snow I will be there

Seems like there is a game or two with miserable weather in the playoffs every year. In 2013 we played Melissa in a hard driving cold rain. Miserable but Argyle played really well. Same year game vs Gladewater in Hewitt was ice/snow. Again, Argyle played great. Last year weather was pretty good though really cold vs Lake Worth and I believe wet vs Kaufman. Argyle awesome in both. Weather doesn't seem to faze Argyle. Hoping that the trend of good games in bad weather continues for the Eagles.

d0tc0m
11-26-2015, 03:43 PM
Seems like there is a game or two with miserable weather in the playoffs every year. In 2013 we played Melissa in a hard driving cold rain. Miserable but Argyle played really well. Same year game vs Gladewater in Hewitt was ice/snow. Again, Argyle played great. Last year weather was pretty good though really cold vs Lake Worth and I believe wet vs Kaufman. Argyle awesome in both. Weather doesn't seem to faze Argyle. Hoping that the trend of good games in bad weather continues for the Eagles.

Elite teams rise above and find ways to win, regardless of the weather. Argyle has proven to fit that mold over the past decade. Kennedale has the weapons to keep this close, regardless of the weather. But the Eagles are playing on a different level right now. Eagles will win another fun matchup.

Aguilafanatico
11-26-2015, 04:16 PM
Elite teams rise above and find ways to win, regardless of the weather. Argyle has proven to fit that mold over the past decade. Kennedale has the weapons to keep this close, regardless of the weather. But the Eagles are playing on a different level right now. Eagles will win another fun matchup.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::2thumbsup

regaleagle
11-26-2015, 05:08 PM
Not even raining here in SA, except sprinkles earlier. Been around low to mid 70s most of the day. Maybe the weather won't be as bad as they thought. Overcast and definitely cloudy all day, with threatening showers in the area, but nothing to worry about. No big downpours whatsoever. In fact, kinda warm due to the cloud cover.

regaleagle
11-26-2015, 05:34 PM
It's 79 degrees right now in SA. Looks like winds out of the south 10-15 mph for Dallas on Friday nite, turning to the North after 11 pm. Look for a rainy, temperate night as long the the southerlies stay in place. Saturday will be the day the cold air mass reaches in force. Chance of precip at 100% for the Dallas area, but only up to 1 inch totals for Friday.

Wayne
11-26-2015, 07:28 PM
No matter what the weather does, I will be there...... I've waited to long to see this matchup!

King-Kat
11-27-2015, 01:17 AM
As the name dictates, yes I'm a Ktown fan; With that being said, I have been to a few Argyle games as this 3rd round was predicted a while back. Trying not to bias (if non bias says Ktown wins, I will still be accused of being bias) looking at both teams, from common opponents, (carter and Lake Worth) my first concern is speed, Kennedale is faster on offense than Argyles defense, should a Ktown back get into the second tier. Argyle has the size advantage with their receivers verses Kennedales DBs. Both Ktown's offensive and defensive lines are bigger than Argyles so this will come to technique. Argyles fastest tailback is not as quick the defensives linebackers and I do not think they will be able to get to the outside edge on Kennedale's defense. Argyle is much more balanced on offense and on the perfect night, this could cause a nightmare for Kennedale as their secondary is the weaker part of the defense. (with the weather this may balance out more) Kennedale has a good kicker as does Argyle and special teams I see as pretty even. Neither team has needed to punt to often. Neither team has really needed to play starters for an entire game. Coaching is another toss up, both teams coached extremely well. In my opinion, this gam comes down to speed (Kennedale) verse finesse (Argyle). Basically, I give the offensive edge to Kennedale and with the weather going to be rain and chilly, the offense will win the game. I say Kennedale by a touchdown.........I have a good friend who uses a program compiling all the stats and with math and whatever this MIT guy does which I don't even understand...his computer says Ktown 49 Argyle 35.....but all that or what I think or you think....means ZIP....That's why they play the game. One thing we all know, the weather will stink, a bunch of young men are going to give everything they have for their schools, team and each other.....this is going to be a good one! Praying for safe travels for all and a good clean injury free game!!

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 06:10 AM
Well it's Friday very early, but it's still GAMEDAY all across the great state of Texas today for high school third round playoff action. Many good teams will go down in defeat tonite, some directly because of the poor weather conditions. But in Argyle vs Kennedale tonite, I feel this year's Kennedale team is a very well-rounded group that could give any team left standing trouble in the wet conditions. I will say that IF Argyle finds a way to win this game tonite against this great Kennedale Wildcats team in these adverse conditions that greatly favor a run-heavy attack, then everybody else better watch out. That's all I gotta say. Some would say the same thing if Kennedale beat Argyle tonight, and I might be one of them, hahaha. But I think it will be a greater statement for Argyle's team if they win tonite. Gonna be tough sledding out there trying to stop that running attack on wet carpet......just sayin'. Still think Argyle's offense will need to score lots of points, despite the weather.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 06:20 AM
Not sure if Kennedale's lines are really that much bigger than Argyle's. Argyle does not lack size on the lines. Maybe Kennedale outweighs Argyle across the lines, but I betcha Argyle is plenty big enough to get the job done using technique and speed. I think Kennedale will be surprised by Argyle's O-line......just like Pittsburg was. Argyle is also very deep, so if injuries do occur......next man up is seasoned and ready. This game is gonna be a real knock-down, drag-out battle for supremacy on the gridiron of glory tonite. Argyle tends to get UP for these type of battles. It don't matter what the final score is......just which team wins. I will not be in attendance, but will be listening and doing some of the play by play here on this thread. Good luck to both teams and I pray for an injury-free clean contest with good refs. GO EAGLES!!!

I had planned to attend this game......until the weather decided not to cooperate. I'm hoping for an Argyle victory so I can see them play for the Regional Title next week. :D

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 01:39 PM
It's BLACK FRIDAY and Kennedale gets to play against the BLACK ATTACK from ARGYLE. I reckon we'll be seeing the Eagles wearing their All-Black tonite as home team at SMU's Gerald Ford Stadium. GO EAGLES!!! I wonder if it's gonna be a BLACKOUT on the ARGYLE side???

bleedgreen
11-27-2015, 06:07 PM
It's time to head out and fight the 5PM traffic. I am ready to stay warm and dry.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 06:10 PM
That front finally hit here in San Antonio. The rain is coming down in buckets.....a real turdfloater for sure, and the wind is blowing too. But the temps remain mild this far South. It knocked my dish out temporarily the rains were so heavy. Now it's passed thru and just raining lightly a steady amount with very little wind. But I do hear some thunder in the distance and now here comes some wind again.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:04 PM
All you gotta do is turn on ESPN and see the TCU/BAYLOR game to get an idea of the weather tonite Argyle and Kennedale will be playing in at SMU's Ford Stadium. That game is being played @ TCU in Fort Worth.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:17 PM
Pregame show going on right now. Kickoff scheduled for 7:30. Last season, this game ended in one of the most exciting, high scoring games of the year in Class 4A....52-48. Argyle was actually behind in this game in the first half, and finally tied it up at the end of the 3rd quarter. Argyle stopped Kennedale in 4 straight plays inside the 5 yardline. It was 27-17 at half. Argyle finally took the lead for the first time in the 4th quarter. The then lead goes back and forth the rest of the game. Ralston breaks off a 52 yd run with 5 mins. left to put Argyle up 52-48. Argyle holds at the end of the game with Kennedale trying to throw for a score their last several plays on the Argyle 22. Argyle won the game. Both teams came into the game undefeated. What a game!

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:23 PM
I don't think we'll see quite as much scoring tonite with the weather conditions like they are, but we should still see the scoring get into the 40's for the winner....jmo. I think the Argyle offense will have to score quite a bit to beat this season's Wildcat offensive juggernaut. The weather conditions should play into the hands of the Wildcats......they very rarely pass and have a 4-tiered running attack. Kennedale will pound the ball and try to keep possessions and play keep away from Argyle. Argyle will try to play field position and use their kicking game to win this one.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:25 PM
Kennedale has thrown the ball 12 times in 12 games this season.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:26 PM
Kennedale runs the Wing T to perfection, and sometimes it just difficult for the defense to pick up who's got the ball.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:29 PM
40 degrees with a wind chill in the 20s and wet conditions. Coin toss is won by Argyle. Argyle chooses to take the ball. Kennedale will kick off to start this game. Normally Argyle will defer and play defense if they win the toss. I guess they want to control the pace and try to put up points against this Kennedale offensive juggernaut. No precip and no wind right at this moment.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:30 PM
The wind will be gusting from time to time, and the rain will probably come back.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:30 PM
National Anthem right now, then the kickoff of this regional semi will begin. GO EAGLES!!!

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:33 PM
Very tight, tight turf.....they say. McCook takes it at the 10 and is hit at the 32. McCook fumbles it and Kennedale recovers it. The ball was knocked loose on that hit.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:34 PM
Kennedale starts at the Argyle 31 and picks up 5 on first down run.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:36 PM
Wadley up the middle for 18. Open field tackle by Campbell to save the TD. At the 3 yd line. Wadley scores off right tackle for the score.

Kennedale 7-0 off that turnover of the kickoff to start this game.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:36 PM
May be a bad omen for Argyle. Argyle in all black tonite on Black Friday.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:38 PM
Kickoff to Estrada from the 5 as he takes it back to the 27 for Argyle. Zoomsweep to Estrada as he breaks it down to the Kennedale 38 for a huge first down gain.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:38 PM
Argyle down to the 27 with that run for 7 yds on first down.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:41 PM
Sweatt scores on the right side on a well-designed play off the unbalanced line with excellent blocking on that side. That was a great run and blocking by the Eagles. Offsides by Kennedale on the extra point here. Caleb Holt is now 66-66 for extra points this season.

Argyle 7
Kennedale 7

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:42 PM
Both teams score quickly on their first offensive possessions, but Kennedale scored from a very short field on that kickoff turnover.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:42 PM
Kick by Holt is high and taken at the 21 and run out to the Kennedale 31.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:43 PM
Kennedale to Wells for a pickup of 2 yds. 2nd and 8 now.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:44 PM
Flag down and movement on the play. Argyle is loading up on the front line here to play gap defense. 2nd and 13 for the Wildcats. Wadley on the carry as he gains zero.

HEMOTOXIC
11-27-2015, 08:45 PM
Flag down and movement on the play. Argyle is loading up on the front line here to play gap defense. 2nd and 13 for the Wildcats. Wadley on the carry as he gains zero.

What are the weather conditions now?

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:46 PM
Kennedale will have to punt after 3rd and 11. Gillespie is the punter and it is snapped over his head and Argyle will start on the Kennedale 20. Gillespie did catch the ball over his head, but could not get the punt off before he was tackled.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:47 PM
Conditions are wet tight turf and not much wind with chill factor in the high 20's. Eagles 3rd and 2 from the 11.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:47 PM
Estrada down to the 3 yd line for a first down.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:49 PM
Estrada takes pitch out, makes all the Kennedale defenders miss and cuts inside to score. He should have been dropped for a loss. Kick is good.

Argyle 14
Kennedale 7

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:50 PM
Argyle defense held and forced the punt, but the snap was high and Argyle took over at the Kennedale 20. 4 plays later they scored.

Eagle Nation
11-27-2015, 08:51 PM
Regal, are you listening to it in Sportsgram?

regaleagle
Campbell make a big hit on the kickoff for Argyle. Kennedale starts on their own 21. Kennedale spreads out 3 wide recievers for the 4th time tonite.

HEMOTOXIC
Estrada takes pitch out, makes all the Kennedale defenders miss and cuts inside to score. He should have been dropped for a loss. Kick is good.

Argyle 14
Kennedale 7

Go Eagles!

regaleagle
Kennedale is trying to keep the Argyle D from loading the box by spreading out the Eagles defense.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:52 PM
Handoff to Q. Wadley outside, but his hit hard after a 3 yd pickup. Bearden is not playing tonite due to an elbow injury.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:53 PM
Bearden is one of the leaders in tackles and sacks on the Argyle defensive line.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:53 PM
Wells takes it back to the original LOS. 3rd and 9 for Kennedale.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:54 PM
McGothlin keeps it and gains 29 yds on the zone read option fake to the fullback.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:55 PM
Wadley for 7 yds on first down. He has an offer from UTEP. Wadley gets a first to the Argyle 28 now.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:56 PM
Raining again now with the rain coming straight down.....no wind. Wells for a gain of 3 yds. Kennedale averages 10 yds per gain this season.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 08:56 PM
Wadley across the 20 and now 3rd and inches.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:00 PM
Wadley left down to the 14 for 5 yds and a first down for Kennedale. The backs hit the hole so fast that the defense just has to guess who has the ball. Now Wells breaks 2 tackles and scores. The linemen are very big for Kennedale. And they're pretty fast getting to their blocks. The extra point is blocked and hops back into Campbell hands and he returns it all the way for 2 points. HUGE play for the Argyle defense. Dylan Sadler made that block.

Argyle 16
Kennedale 13

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:02 PM
McCook returns the kickoff to their 33, but holding on Argyle. Inside pitch to JC Chalk goes for a huge loss back to the Argyle 9 on first down. They were ready for that one on that blitz and caught Chalk perfectly.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:05 PM
Start of the 2nd quarter now with Argyle backed up at their own 9 yd line. Sweatt picks up 3 yds. 3rd and about 15 for Argyle. McCook on the handoff and only a yard gain. They blitzed right into the hole. Argyle will lose field position on this series. Returned back to the Argyle 44 yd line.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:06 PM
Wadley picks up 11 on first down. He's there very best runner. He didn't play last week. Wells up the middle at the LOS.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:08 PM
2nd and 9 as Wadley gets the handoff and loses 3 yds. 3rd and 12 now. Handoff to Wells for a few yards. 4 down territory. 4th and 11 and now delay of game against Kennedale. 4th and 16 now.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:10 PM
Fake to Wadley and wants to throw by McGothlin as he runs around and finally is taken down at the original LOS. Argyle makes the stop and takes over on downs. McCook takes it all the way to the Kennedale 48 for an 18 yd gain with that block by Sweatt to open the hole.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:11 PM
Ledford hits Estrada for 14 yd completion. Now Ledford takes a negative play and turns it into a completion on the scramble as he hits Scott Smith for a first down.

Eagle Nation
11-27-2015, 09:12 PM
Regal, what webcast are you listening to?

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:12 PM
3rd and 2 for the Eagles, McCook bounces it outside at the 21 yd line of Kennedale. Wildcats blitzing every play here.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:14 PM
Misdirection to Sweatt, cuts it back inside and scores for another Eagles TD from 21 yds out. Kick is good.

Argyle 23
Kennedale 13

6:20 2nd qtr.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:15 PM
6 plays for 66 yds in 1:20 on that possession for Argyle.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:15 PM
Kickoff run back from 2 yds deep to the Kennedale 27. Wildcats start now on first down again. Wadley hit in the backfield and loses 2 yds on a hit by Sadler.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:17 PM
Wadley wide open on that run and finally taken down by Sadler for a 32 yd gain. Good open field tackle by Sadler. Wells takes it for one yard.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:17 PM
Kept on read option for 2 yds. 3rd and 7 for Kennedale.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:19 PM
Wadley breaks an ankle tackle and takes it all the way to the corner of the end zone for a Wildat TD. Wadley is killing the Argyle D. Extra point is good.

Argyle 23
Kennedale 20

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:19 PM
Defensive ends are getting wiped out by pulling linemen on those plays.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:20 PM
Out of bounds kickoff. Argyle will start at their own 35, but Argyle wants them to kickoff again.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:21 PM
Kickoff to McCook only to the 30 yd line. Better off to have taken the out of bounds deal

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:25 PM
Ledford hands off to Sweatt for only a yard. No run blitz on that one. Sweatt ran into Chalk in the backfield and caused that play problems. Now motion on Argyle. Ledford has Estrada breaks a tackle and goes all the way for the TD. Drew Estada beats double coverage, comes back for the catch, stiffarms 2 defenders before scoring. A 73 yd scoring TD pass from Ledford to Estrada. What a great play. The kick is good.

Argyle 30
Kennedale 20

2:34 2nd qtr.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:26 PM
Touchback on that kickoff to Kennedale. They start at their own 25 now.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:27 PM
Wells with a huge hole up the middle and he goes all the way for 75 yds on first down for a Wildcat TD. He split the linebackers hitting the hole very quickly and he was gone. The kick is good.

Argyle 30
Kennedale 27

2:00 left in the half

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:28 PM
Geez.....I'm worn out already.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:29 PM
Kickoff lands on the one and he has to pick it up and gets it back to the 16 yd line. He tried to let it go into the endzone, but it bounced straight up with backspin and he had to take it.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:30 PM
Ledford hits McCook at the 30 now for a first down.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:30 PM
Ledford hits Chalk for another 10 yds as the rain is starting up again.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:31 PM
Pass into double coverage to Estrada as he catches it and pulls it down for a great completion. Now again pass for 12 from Ledford to Estrada down to the Kennedale 23.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:33 PM
Zoomsweep to Estrada as he takes it all the way for another EAgles TD, but a flag on the play. Looks like they will back up Argyle for a hook block on Jackson. 1st and 14 from the 30 now for Argyle

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:34 PM
Now another sweep to Estrada down to the 15 yd line. Timeout Argyle with a minute left in the half.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:35 PM
2nd and 5 and Ledford keeps it on the roll out for a first down for 7 yds.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:36 PM
Handoff to McCook as he is bottled up with no blocking there. 2nd and 11 now. Rain is really coming down now. Ledford steps out at the 13. 3rd and 7. 30 secs left.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:37 PM
Ledford rolls left and throws it short. Had to throw it on a delayed blitz. Argyle will attempt the field goal in this driving rain. NO GOOD. OFF to the right from the right hash with the wind blowing from the left. Can't plant your foot and get the kick where you want it to go.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:38 PM
Kennedale wants to bust one here with only 16 secs left.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:38 PM
It is raining hard.....so you never know.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:39 PM
One good block on this turf and you could break one off. Halftime now.

Argyle 30
Kennedale 27

halftime

bearbear78
11-27-2015, 09:43 PM
speaking of Kennedale.....Mineral Wells beat them on the court last night....course some will say its because Kennedale is still playing football>>>>Well, so is Mineral Wells....

Welcome to round ball.

BwdLion73
11-27-2015, 09:48 PM
Welcome to round ball.

;)...................

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:49 PM
Kennedale and Argyle have been trading scores the whole game. Kennedale will receive the 2nd half kickoff. Argyle coaches will have to make some defensive adjustments to stop those blocks off the defensive ends. One big play up the middle by Wells for a 75 yd score, but most big gains off end.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:51 PM
Those big linemen, doubling up on the defensive ends are just clearing the way for Wadley and McGothlin on his keepers. Except for the one big TD run by Wells, the middle has been wrapped up most of the game by the Eagles D.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:52 PM
The linebackers have to stay inside to stop the quick hitters, and the Defensive ends are left on an island to make the stops.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:53 PM
Not sure Argyle can keep pace with this Kennedale attack in the rain. If it quits raining, then Argyle will be in better shape.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 09:59 PM
LE winning 32-14 against Kaufman at the half.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:01 PM
The Eagles need to get a big stop or a 3 and out against Kennedale to start this 2nd half, then try to score and go up by more than 7 again. Kennedale can score quickly at any time from anywhere on the field in these conditions. So far Argyle has done the job to hold this Kennedale attack.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:02 PM
Kickoff coming up for the 2nd half. Argyle did score right before the half, but the TD was erased by a penalty. Then the field goal in the driving rain was wide right.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:03 PM
Game of big plays here so far.....very exciting game for the fans.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:05 PM
If anybody can beat this team in the wet rainy weather, it will be this Argyle defense making stops when it is needed. I think Argyle will continue to score, but can they stop Kennedale???

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:07 PM
Kennedale's MO is being a 2nd half team so far this season.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:08 PM
It is just pouring down rain right now.....not a good sign for Argyle's defensive squad.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:09 PM
Argyle will kick into this rain.....taken at the 23 to Wells as the tackle is made at the 30. It's raining very hard and 40 degrees with the wind gusting up to 18 mph. 2 yds for Wells on firstdown.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:10 PM
2nd and 8 goes to Wadley for a pickup of 7. 3rd and 1 now.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:11 PM
Wadley off right tackle for just enough for the first down.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:11 PM
Argyle needs to keep Kennedale to 3rd and 5's or longer. Movement on Oline for a penalty. 1st and 15 now.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:12 PM
Wells outside all the way down to the Argyle 39 for 18 yds outside. He's a real fast runner.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:13 PM
Now Wadley off tackle for 6 more.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:15 PM
Wells hit by McKinney on the blitz. 3rd and 2 now for Kennedale. Wadley on a sweep on the left side and the ball is knocked loose by Harper. Argyle recovers it as Campbell recovers it, NO Shane McKinney recovered it. Now Sweatt picks up 6 on first down for ARgyle.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:16 PM
Major league stop for Argyle on that series with that big hit and recovery.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:17 PM
Estrada cuts it inside and its a footrace to the goal line. He outrans the Kennedale defense for a 73 yd run. TD Argyle. Kick is good

Argyle 37
Kennedale 27

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:19 PM
,Touchback on Estrada's kickoff. Kennedale to start on their own 25.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:19 PM
McGothlin for only a yard on first down.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:20 PM
Wadley off tackle for 4 yds.

Eagle Nation
11-27-2015, 10:20 PM
Estrada has over 250 yard of offense so far. "Money" is delivering tonight.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:21 PM
3rd and 6 for Kennedale. Zone option read and a fumble but they are calling him down. Wells and McGothlin on the mixup . Kennedale will punt.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:23 PM
Trying to punt it rugby style it goes out of bounds with a 13 yd punt downwind. Argyle gets good field position here. Sweatt to the Kennedale 39, but a late flag down here. Unsportsmanlike against Argyle. This is a major setback now against Argyle for mouthing. Coach Rodgers will not go for that.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:24 PM
Big opportunity taken away now for Argyle on 3rd and 20. Pass to Scott Smith and he drops it. Now Argyle will punt. Estrada will punt it. A scramble on the drop but Kennedale gets back on it in a driving rain punt against the wind.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:25 PM
Big hole and big block as Wells is out to the 35 for a gain of 15. Forrer makes the tackle to save the TD.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:26 PM
Wadley for only a yard. 2nd and 9 now.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:26 PM
Wells up the middle and his is hammered by Brett Lundy for a half yard. 3rd and 8 for Kennedale

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:29 PM
Big play here for Kennedale. Pitch out to Wadley and McKinney gets him. Linesman throws the flag now on this 8 yd loss. Against Argyle dead ball may be against the coach on the Argyle sidelines. A dead ball foul is marked from the 28 to the 43. Two huge calls against Argyle gives Kennedale all kinds of life here. Now Kennedale picks up a first down on that Wadley 20 yd gain.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:29 PM
Kennedale takes a timeout and thank goodness.....I need one too.

Eagle Nation
11-27-2015, 10:30 PM
We need to quit helping Kennedale out with personal fouls.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:31 PM
Handoff to Wells the big full back on a middle trap play for 8 yds.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:31 PM
Wells up the middle again for no gain. 3rd and 2 now.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:32 PM
Wadley left cuts it back inside on an ankle tackle and 4 yds for a first down. End of 3rd qtr.

Argyle 37
Kennedale 27

End of 3rd

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:33 PM
Two huge stupid penalties against Argyle lets Kennedale keep this possession and keep the drive going.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:34 PM
1st and 10 as Wells picks up another 6 yds. at the Argyle 20.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:34 PM
Wadley bobbles it and then falls forward for 3 yds. 3rd and 3.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:36 PM
Wadley finds the hole from 16 yds out as he breaks a couple of tackles at the LOS to score. Kick is good.

Argyle 37
Kennedale 34

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:37 PM
Argyle needs to play smart here and sustain a long scoring drive. Kickoff returned by Cullen to the 29 yd line. 1st down Argyle. 10:35 left

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:38 PM
Sweatt on the carry for 3 yds. 2nd and 7 for Argyle now. Inside bubble screen to McCook is read and throws him for a loss. 3rd down and 10 now.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:39 PM
Ledford takes a designed run and gets the first down at their own 43. Now there goes Ledford again to the Kennedale 40 back to back runs.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:40 PM
Sweatt on the carry for 9 yds there after he breaks a tackle in the backfield. At the Kennedale 32 yd line Sweatt picks up 2 yds and gets the first after a big hit.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:42 PM
Ledford on a qb draw as he finds the sideline and a flag is thrown right when Ledford crosses the goal line. They are calling a late penalty on Argyle for holding, and it was the back judge. Now they are marking it back to the 30 yd line.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:43 PM
Ledford throws in the rain to Estrada but he loses his grip and the ball goes like a wounded duck. Now its 3rd and 11 in this rain, but the wind is behind them.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:45 PM
Ledford keeps it and takes it 31 yards for a TD. He had pressure in the backfield and waits for Sweatt's block as he scores untouched. Kick is good

Argyle 44
Kennedale 34

6:51 left

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:46 PM
That TD will probably win this game for Argyle if the defense can get a stop here.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:47 PM
Kickoff out of the endzone for a touchback. Kennedale starts at the 25 on this key series in this game.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:47 PM
Handoff to Wadley on misdirection for 8 yds.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:48 PM
McGolthlin keeps it and I don't know what happened. Wells loses a yard in the backfield.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:49 PM
Pitchout and a flag before the snap. 5 yds procedure against the Wildcats. 2nd and 15 now.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:49 PM
Inside handoff and Gillespie losses 2 yds.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:51 PM
3rd and 17 now. 4:21 left. McGothlin keeps it for a loss and gets hammered. Here comes the punt. Argyle calls a timeout. 3:42 left.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:51 PM
Will Kennedale punt or fake it and throw it?

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:52 PM
Fake punt and they throw it deep and it is incomplete......just as I guessed.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:54 PM
Now Argyle has made the big stop and gets great field position Now Taylor Sweatt takes the handoff and finds another gear as he takes it all the way 35 yds for another TD for the Eagles. Kick is good.

Argyle 51
Kennedale 34

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:55 PM
Estrada kicks it deep for another touchback.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:55 PM
Kennedale still has some time here for a couple of quick scores. Big run to the 41 by Wells.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:56 PM
Wadley picks up 7 yds now.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:56 PM
Clock is running 2:49 left. Argyle D stuffs that run

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 10:59 PM
3rd and 3 and now movement on Kennedale. 3rd and 8 now. Handoff on the right side for only a couple of yards for Wadley. 4th down and 6. Argyle has the ball. Shane McKinney steals the ball and runs it all the way in for a TD. Lundy hits Wells and it pops loose and Shane McKinney ends up scoring on it. Kick is good.

Argyle 58
Kennedale 34

1:19 left

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 11:00 PM
Kennedale's perfect season will end again against Argyle this season just like last season. But a great season for Kennedale. They finally met a team that could stop them.

Eagle Nation
11-27-2015, 11:01 PM
Looks like next week is at AT&T on Friday night

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 11:03 PM
Still running the ball and still getting stopped. This is a very big win in this weather and grit showed by the Argyle Eagles tonite. Argyle goes to 12-1 and will advance to meet Liberty Elau for the Regional Championship next week.

Argyle 58
Kennedale 34

Final

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 11:03 PM
Wow....I'm ready to just travel and watch a game. Man this is alot of work.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 11:06 PM
Looks like next week is at AT&T on Friday night

Yippie!!! I get to go back to AT&T and watch Argyle in good weather.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 11:07 PM
Guess what folks......Argyle is a complete team now.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 11:08 PM
Complete team= Great offense, Great defense, Great kicking game, Great coaching, Great players, Great support.

Eagle Nation
11-27-2015, 11:11 PM
That is what I hear from the LE fans. I haven't heard anything from the school yet.

bearbear78
11-27-2015, 11:12 PM
I picked Argyle by 24 on FNR. I was getting a little nervous but like to think the Eagles huddled up and said " let's go do this by 24 for ole Bear"...lol, great win Eagles. Go to Houston and haul that trophy back to North Texas!

Eagle Nation
11-27-2015, 11:13 PM
Thanks bear for
the support

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 11:13 PM
LE is the real deal.....very, very talented and will be the toughest test so far for this Argyle Eagles squad.

Eagle Nation
11-27-2015, 11:14 PM
Game will be played @ 9pm next Friday at AT&T.
Next up is LE

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 11:15 PM
LE has 9 players that will play at the next level off this year's team......so far. YIKES!!!

bobcat1
11-27-2015, 11:25 PM
Nice win Argyle! keep on marching!

regaleagle
11-28-2015, 05:41 AM
Reflecting back on all the action in this game.......I truly believe that when Dylan Sadler blocked that extra point late in the first quarter and Gage Campbell scooped it and took it all the way back for a 2 point score.......that was the turning point in this game. At the time, Kennedale had just scored again and was attempting to tie the game at 14-14. This play changed the scoring to 16-13 and allowed a small lead for Argyle to keep the rest of the game. It also gave the Eagles D some bigtime confidence and something to hang their hat on, so to speak. The defense would make stops and eventually score again late in the 4th as Shane McKinney would scoop a fumble off a hard hit and take it the distance. There were tons of big plays in this game, but if I had to point to one in particular that set the tone for the way this game went.....it would be that blocked extra point by Sadler and ensuing 2 point play on the return by Campbell......what a game by Argyle tonite!!!

Eagle Nation
11-28-2015, 05:24 PM
Here are the stats from last nights game

Eagle Nation
11-28-2015, 05:25 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/28/027d425fdc385f789296804d04de7753.jpg