PDA

View Full Version : West Orange-Stark (11-1) vs Caldwell (8-4) Regional Round 2015

WOS87
11-21-2015, 12:20 AM
Who advances to the Quarters?

Global Swarming
11-21-2015, 01:09 AM
Caldwell by 3 tds lol just kidding. As much as it pains me to say this, I don't think that Caldwell has the defense to win this game. We have a really hard time stopping a good running game. I think that Caldwell will put some points up but won't be able to make enough stops on defense.

Pepper Brooks
11-21-2015, 01:22 AM
This will be ugly. WOS by as many as they want

WOS87
11-21-2015, 01:26 AM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. This is the perfect game for us to lo look ahead and lose.

WOS87
11-21-2015, 01:46 AM
Wharton game story from the Orange Leader. WOS has given up -44 yards to Scarborough and 181 to Wharton.. so 137 yards in 2 playoff games. 23 points in the past 8 games.

http://www.orangeleader.com/2015/11/20/wo-s-downs-wharton/

zebrablue2
11-21-2015, 02:27 AM
This will be ugly. WOS by as many as they want

Pretty bold 2ed post on the board don't u think?:)))
Really, Caldwell is pretty good!!!

Global Swarming
11-21-2015, 02:40 AM
WOS might win and should win, but I can almost guarantee that they won't be able to name the score like you suggest. No one takes Caldwell seriously. But, they are not going to go into the game and just lay down because they're playing WOS. This is a special team and regardless of the outcome, WOS is going to be in for a dog fight.

WOS87
11-21-2015, 02:43 AM
I can guarantee you Coach Thompson will not have that mindset... some of the fans may but he won't. We've played Caldwell once before. Wish I could make that game but it's a bit too far away given I'm doing Thanksgiving with the folks.

Leopardfan201
11-21-2015, 04:36 AM
WOS by 28+...than they play bellville or giddings..than i see them has a 20 point favorite over ether

1st and goal
11-21-2015, 11:09 AM
WOS by 28+...than they play bellville or giddings..than i see them has a 20 point favorite over ether

your posts might be stirring the ingredients for some crow eating. time will tell.

chaingang
11-21-2015, 11:21 AM
WOS gets their 100th shutout.

griff
11-21-2015, 12:34 PM
WOS gets their 100th shutout.

chaingang, I don't think so. The best part of Caldwell's game is their offense. They can pass and throw equally well. As good at the WO-S defense is, I don't expect a shut out. It's too hard (and too bold) to predict a shut out, anyway. Caldwell's offense will test us for sure.

lostaussie
11-21-2015, 12:45 PM
The cream is rising to the top guys. Good luck to y'all.

WOS by 2 tds minimum.

hookandladder
11-21-2015, 01:51 PM
Not a lot of difference between, La Grange, Wharton, Giddings and Caldwell, WOS by 3 to 4 TDs and if WOS is on their A game could be worse.

WOS1
11-21-2015, 01:58 PM
I don't know who pepper brooks is, but I do know chaingang... Boy, you know better than that. Someone must have hacked your account...lol. I don't think we shut them out either. By seeing them on film, I'm not convinced that Caldwell is any better than Wharton. I was really nervous about the Wharton game, but we came out and played pretty dang solid. We definitely were not rusty like I was afraid. I was just amazed at how well we played. I did not expect that much of a lopsided game, because I felt (and still feel) like Wharton was a pretty solid squad.

We just need to take care of OUR business and let the chips fall where they may. I don't care if we get a shut out or win by 1 or 100 as long as we advance.

griff
11-21-2015, 01:58 PM
Not a lot of difference between, La Grange, Wharton, Giddings and Caldwell, WOS by 3 to 4 TDs and if WOS is on their A game could be worse.

Last night's game against Wharton, honestly, could have been much worse. WO-S had 350 yards of offense in the first half alone and a 40-2 score. Our HC decided to bring in the back ups early (and I don't fault him for that) in the 3rd quarter. We got a little sloppy in the 4th (several penalties and a dropped punt return) that allowed Wharton excellent field position and that was the only time they scored. WO-S was easily the more physical team. Lots of hard hits from the defense. I'm sure the Wharton QB and tailback are feeling sore today, and well as big #73 who played both ways the whole game. He was totally spent at the end.

WOS1
11-21-2015, 02:03 PM
Last night's game against Wharton, honestly, could have been much worse. WO-S had 350 yards of offense in the first half alone and a 40-2 score. Our HC decided to bring in the back ups early (and I don't fault him for that) in the 3rd quarter. We got a little sloppy in the 4th (several penalties and a dropped punt return) that allowed Wharton excellent field position and that was the only time they scored. WO-S was easily the more physical team. Lots of hard hits from the defense. I'm sure the Wharton QB and tailback are feeling sore today, and well as big #73 who played both ways the whole game. He was totally spent at the end.

You gotta give it to the big boy though, he hung in there all night.

griff
11-21-2015, 02:09 PM
You gotta give it to the big boy though, he hung in there all night.

#73 was walking soft and slow like Kellen Winslow after that famous overtime playoff game against the Miami Dolphins.

hookandladder
11-21-2015, 03:26 PM

I was at the La Grange -WOS game last year, total mismatch. Some people just do not understand real talent when they see it, there was no team in Region 4 that was even close to them last year. I find it hard to beleive it will be any different this year, WOS has that ETS that very few teams in our area ever have.

WOS1
11-21-2015, 06:53 PM
i was at the la grange -wos game last year, total mismatch. Some people just do not understand real talent when they see it, there was no team in region 4 that was even close to them last year. I find it hard to beleive it will be any different this year, wos has that ets that very few teams in our area ever have.

"ets"???

The Bull #40
11-21-2015, 08:10 PM
"ets"???

ETS = East Texas Speed

WOS1
11-21-2015, 08:37 PM
Ahhhhh I see.

lostaussie
11-21-2015, 10:26 PM
ETS = East Texas Speed

Y'all are about as East as you can get lol

Global Swarming
11-21-2015, 11:02 PM
And still be in the state of Texas.

strosfan
11-21-2015, 11:47 PM
I hardly think Caldwell will get shut out. They will score some points, not saying they are going to win, but they will score 2 or 3 td's for sure. WOS will probably pull away, but you never know. I think it will be closer than most think. I seen most of the Giddings games this year....and the Hornets were by far the best offense we faced. They have some very talented receivers. I haven't seen WOS and their ets, but Giddings and Caldwell both have some cts! So I'm just guessing like most everybody else on here! Good luck to both teams.

WOS87
11-22-2015, 12:03 AM
This worries me. I sense some sandbagging going on here. Yeah we had an amazing game against Wharton but we have a long long history of tanking games we should have won.

Pepper Brooks
11-22-2015, 12:33 AM
Nope, not a bold prediction at all.
Evidently you have never seen WOS play.
Caldwell has not faced a team this year like the Mustangs.

Global Swarming
11-22-2015, 02:50 AM
Offense hasn't been Caldwell's problem this year. Teams with really good running backs has been what's has given us problems. We've created 26 turnovers so far, 17 int and 9 fumble recoveries.

chaingang
11-22-2015, 12:49 PM
Offense hasn't been Caldwell's problem this year. Teams with really good running backs has been what's has given us problems. We've created 26 turnovers so far, 17 int and 9 fumble recoveries.

WOS doesn't just have 1 good RB, they have 3 and a 4th one that can scoot too. And about 6 receivers that are like a bullet after catching the ball. The thing about WOS that will give Caldwell problems is they can take 9min to score on a long drive to eat up clock or that 9seconds to score if needed. Might be the best defense to use up the clock and keep the hornets off the field.

chaingang
11-22-2015, 12:55 PM
I don't know who pepper brooks is, but I do know chaingang... Boy, you know better than that. Someone must have hacked your account...lol. I don't think we shut them out either. By seeing them on film, I'm not convinced that Caldwell is any better than Wharton. I was really nervous about the Wharton game, but we came out and played pretty dang solid. We definitely were not rusty like I was afraid. I was just amazed at how well we played. I did not expect that much of a lopsided game, because I felt (and still feel) like Wharton was a pretty solid squad.

We just need to take care of OUR business and let the chips fall where they may. I don't care if we get a shut out or win by 1 or 100 as long as we advance.

Ok, I'll give em 7. Lol

hookandladder
11-22-2015, 01:37 PM
WOS doesn't just have 1 good RB, they have 3 and a 4th one that can scoot too. And about 6 receivers that are like a bullet after catching the ball. The thing about WOS that will give Caldwell problems is they can take 9min to score on a long drive to eat up clock or that 9seconds to score if needed. Might be the best defense to use up the clock and keep the hornets off the field.

This is where LA Grange was totally out matched WOS receivers and their DB's which were most likely playing both ways, with their QB and talented ETS Wide outs not many teams can cover them maybe one WR but not two or three and WOS had them last year for sure.

hookandladder
11-22-2015, 01:40 PM
"ets"???

I thought most everyone knew what ETS stands for, yes East Texas Speed. La Grange has ran into it more then once, got over the hump in the early 2000's.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2015, 01:44 PM
I was at the La Grange -WOS game last year, total mismatch. Some people just do not understand real talent when they see it, there was no team in Region 4 that was even close to them last year. I find it hard to beleive it will be any different this year, WOS has that ETS that very few teams in our area ever have.Yea Sinton was out match the whole game last season as La Grange couldn't play with them so no Region IV team could either.

Leopardfan201
11-22-2015, 02:20 PM
I think the toughest test LG has played over the years has been...Carthage (twice) in 2009 and 2013..size and sum serious speed

SaltySixes
11-22-2015, 02:36 PM
I seem to remember that Lagrange couldn't cover anyone this year, nvmd "ETS"..
Can we please use a different measure?

Leopardfan201
11-22-2015, 03:31 PM
I seem to remember that Lagrange couldn't cover anyone this year, nvmd "ETS"..
Can we please use a different measure?

What school do u go for

1st and goal
11-22-2015, 03:38 PM
Caldwell"s QB can sling it and they have a balanced offense. Haven't heard much about the game w/LaMarque but I would guess it was physical. They played a great game against Giddings, knocking out our QB in the 1st half.

Can some of you WOS peeps give us the Readers Digest version of this season's strength of schedule?

WOS1
11-22-2015, 03:39 PM
I thought most everyone knew what ETS stands for, yes East Texas Speed. La Grange has ran into it more then once, got over the hump in the early 2000's.

We are not considered "East Texas". We are Southeast Texas. The folks on Smoaky say you are not in East Texas until you get North of Jasper so we are not familiar with the acronym.

Leopardfan201
11-22-2015, 03:41 PM
We are not considered "East Texas". We are Southeast Texas. The folks on Smoaky say you are not in East Texas until you get North of Jasper so we are not familiar with the acronym.

Ya might not be East Tx...but ya have the same amount of speed as East Tx teams do

WOS1
11-22-2015, 03:45 PM
Caldwell"s QB can sling it and they have a balanced offense. Haven't heard much about the game w/LaMarque but I would guess it was physical. They played a great game against Giddings, knocking out our QB in the 1st half.

Can some of you WOS peeps give us the Readers Digest version of this season's strength of schedule?

I think we were in the top 1 or 2 on the rankings for SOS, I don't remember which one it was (maybe Old Coach?). Eight of WOS opponents made the playoffs. Seven of those made it past the first round. Three of them are still playing (Silsbee, Newton and Foster). Of course, one of those teams we lost to.

WOS1
11-22-2015, 03:45 PM
Ya might not be East Tx...but ya have the same amount of speed as East Tx teams do

Yes, we usually do. But this group has an exceptional amount.

SaltySixes
11-22-2015, 03:47 PM
What school do u go for

Navarro. Just changed my location setting yesterday, sorry.

Leopardfan201
11-22-2015, 03:48 PM
Yes, we usually do. But this group has an exceptional amount.

Too bad we wont see WOS to..the state semis in 2016..bcs more than likely LG is headed back to region 4...with 17 to 19 starters returning including dobbins

Leopardfan201
11-22-2015, 03:49 PM
Navarro. Just changed my location setting yesterday, sorry.

Well in 2 weeks..ur going to see that ETS in WOS..i believe ya will get out of region 4 tho..ya have had a fine year

WOS1
11-22-2015, 03:52 PM
Too bad we wont see WOS to..the state semis in 2016..bcs more than likely LG is headed back to region 4...with 17 to 19 starters returning including dobbins

Ya I was expecting that to be the case next year. We just have to wait one extra game next year is all. Believe it or not, WOS will return this team nearly in tact. 3 of 4 WR, RB, QB and 4 of 5 lineman all back. 6 of the defensive front 7 and 3 of 4 DB's. Thats why it amazes me what they are doing this yr. Next year SHOULD be ridiculous. But I tell you this, We haven't heard the last from Wharton either. All most their better players this yr were JR's.

1st and goal
11-22-2015, 03:54 PM
CTS speed aint too shabby. Giddings has held their own in the 4 x 100 at the Texas Relays. Better than most anyways.

WOS1
11-22-2015, 03:56 PM
CTS speed aint too shabby. Giddings has held their own in the 4 x 100 at the Texas Relays. Better than most anyways.

Yup, they are usually solid. Speaking of ETS, WOS has 3 track titles as well. How many actual ET schools can say that?

Leopardfan201
11-22-2015, 03:57 PM
Giddings has speed also...what r ya returning next year

SaltySixes
11-22-2015, 04:01 PM
Well in 2 weeks..ur going to see that ETS in WOS..i believe ya will get out of region 4 tho..ya have had a fine year

So you pick us to lose to yoakum and to beet cuero and sinton? Hmmm. we must have done well enough friday to open some more eyes...
But yes, I am a bit nervous about that, im hoping that we can really control Time of possession. That's the best way to beat a team with more speed.

hookandladder
11-22-2015, 10:29 PM
So you pick us to lose to yoakum and to beet cuero and sinton? Hmmm. we must have done well enough friday to open some more eyes...
But yes, I am a bit nervous about that, im hoping that we can really control Time of possession. That's the best way to beat a team with more speed.

No one from Region 4 will beat WOS, any team will be lucky to stay within 3 to 4 TD's of them from from Region 4.

Global Swarming
11-22-2015, 11:08 PM

Caldwell had 572 total yards against La Marque. We had 207 yards rushing and 365 yards passing. Our quarterback was 21-26 passing.

WOS87
11-22-2015, 11:18 PM
The Semis are rough no matter what region you are up against. Sinton kept up with WOS for 3 full quarters last year not falling behind more than a score until late in the game and even Gilmer can't say that even though they pulled it out at the end.

WOS faces nothing but Slot-T over and over and over in Southeast Texas as of late. I'm not saying a perfectly oiled Slot-T couldn't win against us but traditionally we shut them down as well as any predominantly running based offense. Passing teams tend to fare better against us. Would have loved to play Liberty Hill back in their 2 State Championship runs. Coach T used to be the DC under Coach Hooks dating back 30+ years so he knows how to prepare our defense for anything and the defense is usually our forte because of that.

Most of the biggest shocks we've had in the past were either in games where we were over-confident and looking ahead (Bi-District losses to Huffman '04, Brookshire Royal '10 and CE King three years in a row '88-'90 for example thus our innate fear of having a #1 target on our backs), games where we ran up against something we'd never seen before (Paris in the 1988 State Finals where they found one play that we couldn't stop and just repetitively did it over and over, the 2000 State Finals against Ennis where we ran up against the Spread for the first time ever and let them pull out to a 30+ point lead at half. We adjusted in the half and outscored Ennis in the 2nd half but fell short by 14 pts). Or lastly, losing to eventual state champs that looking back are listed among some of the best ever (Houston Yates '85, La Marque '95, La Marque '97, Wimberley '05, Navasota '12, Carthage '13, Gilmer '14).

Global Swarming
11-22-2015, 11:25 PM
Does anyone know where the game is being played at?

Global Swarming
11-22-2015, 11:27 PM
I just saw that it's being played in New Caney at Texan Drive Stadium.

WOS87
11-22-2015, 11:29 PM
Caldwell had 572 total yards against La Marque. We had 207 yards rushing and 365 yards passing. Our quarterback was 21-26 passing.

Here's the local stories of the games we played against teams that are still alive in Round 3 and against Wharton

We had more than 500 yards against Newton and Silsbee, 468 against Wharton and 201 against Foster, generally more passing than running but pretty versatile and even depending on what the matchup looks like.

WOS vs Wharton

http://www.orangeleader.com/2015/11/20/wo-s-downs-wharton/

WOS vs Newton

http://www.orangeleader.com/2015/10/02/fast-start-powers-mustangs-past-eagles/

WOS vs Silsbee

http://www.orangeleader.com/2015/09/19/mustangs-too-much-for-silsbee/

WOS vs Richmond Foster

http://www.orangeleader.com/2015/09/26/fosters-falcons-overpower-wo-s/

WOS87
11-22-2015, 11:35 PM
I just saw that it's being played in New Caney at Texan Drive Stadium.

http://kogt.com/sports/wos-knock-stripes-off-tigers/

WOS1
11-23-2015, 06:29 PM
Giddings has speed also...what r ya returning next year

See post #45

GUNHO
11-23-2015, 07:35 PM
Ah man.Some fool voted for Caldwell.JK ...If things don't go our way he going to make us all look like fools.lol

chaingang
11-23-2015, 07:51 PM
See post #45

The question should read who aren't we returning next year. Lol! Maybe a few cheerleaders and a tuba player but everyone else? Yep.

LionFan72
11-23-2015, 08:13 PM
WOS by a bunch, but I think Caldwell will make it a game in the early going. WOS by 24.

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
11-26-2015, 11:04 AM
Looking forward to the challenge that the Hornets face in slowing down the Mustangs. Wishing both teams and fan's a safe trip and an injury free game.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

chaingang
11-26-2015, 12:49 PM
WOS by a bunch, but I think Caldwell will make it a game in the early going. WOS by 24.

Wrong quote

chaingang
11-26-2015, 12:51 PM
Looking forward to the challenge that the Hornets face in slowing down the Mustangs. Wishing both teams and fan's a safe trip and an injury free game.

Right back at you! And Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on TXDL

GUNHO
11-26-2015, 01:34 PM

WO-S will have to do what the others that beat you did...out score you because they didn't stop you and I'm sure we will have our hands full.

WOS1
11-26-2015, 05:58 PM
This worries me. I sense some sandbagging going on here. Yeah we had an amazing game against Wharton but we have a long long history of tanking games we should have won.

I agree. We have to keep elevating our play. Can't be no let downs.

WOS87
11-27-2015, 08:10 PM
WOS scores on first drive quickly

Went for 2 and didn't get it

WOS 6
Caldwell 0
9:10 1st Q

Caldwell goes 3 and out... WOS has ball on their own 25

WOS with 1st down on WOS 35
WOS punting

Caldwell 1st and 10 at their 31 5:00 1st Q
Caldwell 3 and out again

WOS 1st and 10 at their own 38
WOS with 16 yd run
1st and 10 at Caldwell 46
WOS with another big run
1st and 10 at Caldwell 29

WOS87
11-27-2015, 08:19 PM
WOS gets 2pt conversion

WOS 14
Caldwell 0
3:23 1st Q

Caldwell hasn't had a 1st down yet

WOS87
11-27-2015, 08:25 PM
WOS intercepts on first play and has the ball again on their own 35

WOS runs 25yds for another 1st down
1st and 10 on Caldwell 44

Caldwell intercepts a deep pass
Caldwell 1st and 10 deep at their own 8 yard line
Caldwell pushed back 3
2nd and 13 at their own 5
3rd and 8 at their own 10 1:28 1st Q Timeout
...and Caldwell goes 3 and out yet again.

WOS87
11-27-2015, 08:30 PM
WOS 1st and 10 at Caldwell 44
WOS with 17 yd run
1st and 10 at Caldwell 27
27 yd run for TD

WOS goes for 2 and misses it

WOS 20
Caldwell 0
0:24 1st Q

Roughneck93
11-27-2015, 08:47 PM
WOS is rolling!

WOS87
11-27-2015, 08:53 PM
WOS 35
Caldwell 0
8:00 2nd Q

Caldwell with 1 first down and 1 interception but otherwise all 3 and outs.

WOS scores again

WOS 42
Caldwell 0
7:05 2nd Q

WOS1
11-27-2015, 09:23 PM
49-7 at the half. WOS ends the half with a 90 yd pick 6 by Malik Phillips.

hookandladder
11-27-2015, 10:00 PM
Not surprising at all, Caldwell seeing real athletes. Been there done that, ETS. Lol

WOS87
11-27-2015, 10:04 PM
WOS 69
Caldwell 7
STILL 3rd Q and it just started pouring down rain

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2015, 09:37 AM
WOS 69
Caldwell 7
STILL 3rd Q and it just started pouring down rainThis year team looking very impressive in the playoffs.

Congrats on the win and back to defend region 3 title.

chaingang
11-28-2015, 10:37 AM
This year team looking very impressive in the playoffs.

Congrats on the win and back to defend region 3 title.

Right back at you. Take care of business today and could have a rematch in a couple weeks.