PDA

View Full Version : Celina vs Perryton Friday 7pm in Vernon.

orange machine
11-20-2015, 11:52 PM
Glad the game isn't in Yukon, Oklahoma.

d0tc0m
11-20-2015, 11:53 PM
Agreed. I'll be in town for Thanksgiving. Hope to be able to make this one.

orange machine
11-21-2015, 01:45 AM
Probably won't get much chatter, I don't think anybody from Perryton is on here.

marler1972
11-21-2015, 08:29 PM
Game is @ 6pm

orange machine
11-21-2015, 10:49 PM
Yeah just heard that thanks for the update.

d0tc0m
11-22-2015, 08:33 PM
Don't know much about Perryton this year. Just got home from a little four-day excursion, so I'll have to watch some film.

Any of you Celina folks go to the Monhahans game? What was the word on that game?

orange machine
11-22-2015, 09:27 PM
Don't know much about Perryton this year. Just got home from a little four-day excursion, so I'll have to watch some film.

Any of you Celina folks go to the Monhahans game? What was the word on that game?

First half Monahans threw the kitchen sink at Celina's offense bringing blitzes from all over the place causing some issues. Few to many holdings and false starts. 2nd half completely different, it appeared adjustments were made on offense and the game was over by mid 3rd qt. Monahans was a tough well coached team.

d0tc0m
11-22-2015, 09:37 PM
First half Monahans threw the kitchen sink at Celina's offense bringing blitzes from all over the place causing some issues. Few to many holdings and false starts. 2nd half completely different, it appeared adjustments were made on offense and the game was over by mid 3rd qt. Monahans was a tough well coached team.

Thanks, OM. You can probably always expect that from Monahans, I suppose. Tough team that's well coached and plays hard. Love to hear that about the adjustments being made. This coaching staff - more than other Celina staffs in the past - has shown an ability to make some changes and execute those changes in the second half of games. Monahans' first-half approach probably helped this staff prepare for some things they may see this week and - hopefully - beyond in the postseason.

d0tc0m
11-23-2015, 11:37 AM
Got to watch a little Perryton film late last night. This is the third round of the playoffs, so you can't take anyone lightly, or you could be turning in your helmet and shoulder pads and airing up those weird round, orangeish, brownish balls with black stripes going all the way around them the following Monday.

But based on what I saw, Celina is a bad matchup for Perryton.

Tink4392
11-23-2015, 02:53 PM
If Celina doesn't look to next week for a rematch with Sweetwater, they win this easily, but if they do, they could be in trouble! I think Celina is definitely the type of team to not take teams lightly. Taking Celina by 21!

orange machine
11-23-2015, 10:37 PM
If Celina doesn't look to next week for a rematch with Sweetwater, they win this easily, but if they do, they could be in trouble! I think Celina is definitely the type of team to not take teams lightly. Taking Celina by 21!

I don't think Celina will take anybody lightly. I do think the point spread will be much more than you think though.

Celina 56
Perryton 13

BILLYFRED0000
11-24-2015, 07:42 AM
I don't think Celina will take anybody lightly. I do think the point spread will be much more than you think though.

Celina 56
Perryton 13

I agree OM.... I think the first half of the Monahans game was a wake up call..... There was only one team that indirectly interacted with Celina Perryton.
Iowa Park was beat rather handily by Krum, the third place team in our district. WE beat Krum 69 - 14.... with 42 points in the first quarter. Perryton lost to Iowa Park 42 - 35. Krum beat Iowa Park 35 - 21. It does look like a horrendous match up problem for perryton.....

RPF2666
11-24-2015, 11:15 AM
The numbers say Perryton wants to throw the football. That is something Celina hasn't seen much of lately, but
we will see if we keep moving forward. Should be a good test for the defense.

d0tc0m
11-24-2015, 12:12 PM
The numbers say Perryton wants to throw the football. That is something Celina hasn't seen much of lately, but
we will see if we keep moving forward. Should be a good test for the defense.

Absolutely correct. If we make it to next week, we will likely see a team that can sling it around a little bit. Beyond that, you're definitely going to run into some athletic teams with the ability to throw it.

d0tc0m
11-24-2015, 12:12 PM
With that in mind, is Jackson the safety back? I was not able to listen to the game last week, as I was at my wife's family's cabin, and there is absolutely zero cell service.

91 lion
11-24-2015, 01:03 PM
Celina folks, if your going thru WF, stop and eat at the Branding Iron. Pretty decent BBQ.

RPF2666
11-24-2015, 01:04 PM
With that in mind, is Jackson the safety back? I was not able to listen to the game last week, as I was at my wife's family's cabin, and there is absolutely zero cell service.

He is back dressing but hasn't played much, possibly due to the type teams we've been playing. That combined with the fact
that there are several capable young men at that position.

d0tc0m
11-24-2015, 02:18 PM
He is back dressing but hasn't played much, possibly due to the type teams we've been playing. That combined with the fact
that there are several capable young men at that position.

That's true, there is a wealth of guys who can fill that spot and do a very good job. Good to get some of those guys some more playing time as well. Perryton better hope they have a solid offensive line, though, because if they don't, there won't be much passing Friday night. Celina's defensive line and linebackers are relentless, and the pass rush this season has looked like that of Celina teams of old.

I just can't see the Bobcats losing this one.

RPF2666
11-24-2015, 04:02 PM
That's true, there is a wealth of guys who can fill that spot and do a very good job. Good to get some of those guys some more playing time as well. Perryton better hope they have a solid offensive line, though, because if they don't, there won't be much passing Friday night. Celina's defensive line and linebackers are relentless, and the pass rush this season has looked like that of Celina teams of old.

I just can't see the Bobcats losing this one.

Me neither. That said we need to focus in on Perryton, and show up BIG TIME in Vernon at 6 PM on Friday.

The slow start last week was an eye opener, after being a very fast starting team all year. I think it will actually
help us to have faced start like that one.

BILLYFRED0000
11-25-2015, 09:16 AM
Me neither. That said we need to focus in on Perryton, and show up BIG TIME in Vernon at 6 PM on Friday.

The slow start last week was an eye opener, after being a very fast starting team all year. I think it will actually

Absolutely....

d0tc0m
11-25-2015, 09:24 AM

I think it was probably an eye opener too. But there's something to be said about the coaches being able to make those second-half adjustments and getting the kids to execute. What I'd like to see this week is Celina come out and play some inspired football, play with an edge, and just jump all over Perryton early, before the Rangers can even get their bearings. I'd also like to see them cut down on the silly penalties. If they can do that, take care of the football and keep playing defense the way they have been, this one will be over quick.

Celina8
11-25-2015, 09:52 AM
The weather for Friday is suppose to be 100% chance of rain and high winds which can be a factor for many teams playing Friday including the Bobcats. I don't know much about Perryton's team this year but no team should be taken for granted once you are in the playoffs. Good Luck Bobcats hopefully we will be playing next week.

RPF2666
11-25-2015, 10:36 AM
The weather for Friday is suppose to be 100% chance of rain and high winds which can be a factor for many teams playing Friday including the Bobcats. I don't know much about Perryton's team this year but no team should be taken for granted once you are in the playoffs. Good Luck Bobcats hopefully we will be playing next week.

On the season, Perryton throws about 70% of the time... these conditions don't favor that.

Not sure on our pass/run percentage, but we have the horses to grind it out if the conditions dictate that.

Weather 'edge' favors the Bobcats!!!

RPF2666
11-25-2015, 12:53 PM
Game now at 3 PM, Friday....

orange machine
11-26-2015, 06:09 PM
It's gonna be very cold and wet and I would imagine the fan bases will be pretty small.

Celina8
11-27-2015, 06:07 AM
Well , I have to work today and just about to head out the door in a few minutes so I am hoping someone can post updates on here as I will try to login at work. For those traveling today please be safe.

bobcat1
11-27-2015, 07:23 AM
Good luck Bobcats! Safe travels.

d0tc0m
11-27-2015, 11:01 AM
Go Bobcats! Safe travels to all heading to Vernon today. I'll be listening from Celina today. Just couldn't get my 5 mo old son out in this weather in addition to the three hour drive.