PDA

View Full Version : Question for Burnet fans.

j_dog
11-20-2015, 12:33 PM
What game did Shipley get his final TD reception? Obviously in 2003, his senior season. Against Everman in the finals? Against Jasper in the Semi's? A previous game?

The reason that I am asking is that tonight, Navasota's leading receiver is looking to break Shipley's record in the Jasper-Navasota game. I find it kind of surreal that Jasper faced Shipley in his quest in 02 and 03, now is facing the same quest by a Navasota receiver twelve years later.

Cam
11-20-2015, 01:38 PM
What game did Shipley get his final TD reception? Obviously in 2003, his senior season. Against Everman in the finals? Against Jasper in the Semi's? A previous game?

The reason that I am asking is that tonight, Navasota's leading receiver is looking to break Shipley's record in the Jasper-Navasota game. I find it kind of surreal that Jasper faced Shipley in his quest in 02 and 03, now is facing the same quest by a Navasota receiver twelve years later.

I think it was the state championship game vs. Gainesville in 2003. He caught a 50 yarder according to this clip. I was there but mostly remember his opening KO for a TD......http://www.goredsports.com/article/582.php
I lived in Mesquite at the time but decided to go check this game out....sat with the Burnet crowd.....nice folks....so I moved to Burnet in 2004.......good thing I didn't meet Greendawg that day....I never would've moved had I'd known him!!!!.....:D:D

.....this is all Greendawg's fault!......

oh...and good luck to Tren'Davian Dickson!!!

greendawg84
11-20-2015, 02:11 PM
You give me a bad wrap dude , I am a really nice guy ! Your the one that starts all the fights !

j_dog
11-20-2015, 03:04 PM
I think it was the state championship game vs. Gainesville in 2003. He caught a 50 yarder according to this clip. I was there but mostly remember his opening KO for a TD......http://www.goredsports.com/article/582.php
I lived in Mesquite at the time but decided to go check this game out....sat with the Burnet crowd.....nice folks....so I moved to Burnet in 2004.......good thing I didn't meet Greendawg that day....I never would've moved had I'd known him!!!!.....:D:D

.....this is all Greendawg's fault!......

oh...and good luck to Tren'Davian Dickson!!!

Thank you for the info! I expected that it would be in the state championship game because it was fairly inconceivable that he would not have at least one TD catch in any given game.

stardog
11-20-2015, 05:26 PM
You give me a bad wrap dude , I am a really nice guy ! Your the one that starts all the fights !

Yeah greendawg - Cam is the outsider, thought he had houseful of star athletes when we let him move here !!!
But if you need to know something - don,t google it - just ask Cam - he will have an answer !!!

stardog
11-20-2015, 05:36 PM
Cam calls that refereeing - or meddling - I mean mediating