PDA

View Full Version : What's the story on RP Fulton vs. La Vega???

panfan
11-19-2015, 12:02 PM
Went looking for a thread to see who was projected to win this one and nothing. Burnet folks told me they were big and fast, but Burnet damn near beat em. So, I'm wondering how good is La Vega and equally as important, how good is Rockport?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-19-2015, 12:59 PM
Its kind of like last season for Rockport Fulton, started out good and faded in middle of season but pick it back up just before playoffs and I remember hearing the game on the way to SA last season on the internet and look like RF were just about to upset Liberty Hill and then things went bad in what about a min and half left in the game?

So well see they capable of playing a great game with the slot T they run. RB have some speed but are not very big just have to stop them before they get to the open.

LV_Bearfan
11-19-2015, 01:01 PM
La Vega very good. Rockport decent but overmatched athlete for athlete in this one. I'm pulling for the green Pirates though.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-19-2015, 01:02 PM
La Vega very good. Rockport decent but overmatched athlete for athlete in this one. I'm pulling for the green Pirates though.RF kicks it up a notch in the playoffs and hangs in there just like last year playoff run.

Rocket Man
11-19-2015, 01:24 PM
To me, La Vega has a different attitude going into the playoffs this year and is focused on the job at hand, so to speak.

Therefore, I believe they will beat RF convincingly.

Rabid Cougar
11-19-2015, 02:24 PM
Its kind of like last season for Rockport Fulton, started out good and faded in middle of season but pick it back up just before playoffs and I remember hearing the game on the way to SA last season on the internet and look like RF were just about to upset Liberty Hill and then things went bad in what about a min and half left in the game?

So well see they capable of playing a great game with the slot T they run. RB have some speed but are not very big just have to stop them before they get to the open.

Slot T, Spread, I-Formation, Veer.. it doesn't matter. You aint seen speed and size yet.

Cam
11-19-2015, 02:56 PM
Went looking for a thread to see who was projected to win this one and nothing. Burnet folks told me they were big and fast, but Burnet damn near beat em. So, I'm wondering how good is La Vega and equally as important, how good is Rockport?

....that's right panfan....LV is big and fast....maybe a little undisciplined at times...but LV did what they had to do to win.....Burnet played their hearts out that night and shoulda beat em'...don't think LV was expectin' as strong a passing game from Burnet that night plus they might have come in a little cocky....Burnet only threw for 270 yards on LV.......in comparision, Burnet lit up LH secondary for 401 yards.....Burnet D just gave up too many big plays in both those games............I expect an LV / LH match up next week......the team that holds on to the ball will win...my observations of both teams tells me LH is more careful with the ball......so, LH beats LV if it happens......but I'm jumpin' the gun here....both teams still gotta win this week.....don't worry panfan, your basketball season will be here soon enough!.....there's some venomous snakes on the horizon if the Apaches or Pirates don't get ya.......I"m totally enjoyin' our basketball season!.....not really, I don't do basketball......:D.....

panfan
11-19-2015, 04:00 PM
....that's right panfan....LV is big and fast....maybe a little undisciplined at times...but LV did what they had to do to win.....Burnet played their hearts out that night and shoulda beat em'...don't think LV was expectin' as strong a passing game from Burnet that night plus they might have come in a little cocky....Burnet only threw for 270 yards on LV.......in comparision, Burnet lit up LH secondary for 401 yards.....Burnet D just gave up too many big plays in both those games............I expect an LV / LH match up next week......the team that holds on to the ball will win...my observations of both teams tells me LH is more careful with the ball......so, LH beats LV if it happens......but I'm jumpin' the gun here....both teams still gotta win this week.....don't worry panfan, your basketball season will be here soon enough!.....there's some venomous snakes on the horizon if the Apaches or Pirates don't get ya.......I"m totally enjoyin' our basketball season!.....not really, I don't do basketball......:D.....

We did give up lots of yards in passing to ya'll between the 20's but not so much in the red zone. Burnet had many opportunities and played a good game, just came up short on some plays that might have turned the game around, including that backward lateral pass on KO? I mean receive the ball on the 30 and then toss it back to the 5 or 8 yard line - didn't make any sense.

Rocket Man
11-19-2015, 04:06 PM

Here are some projections:

Pigskin Prep: (17) La Vega vs Rockport-Fulton

Cal Preps: La Vega 41-13

Adjusted Stats: La Vega 41-11

j_dog
11-19-2015, 05:05 PM
........LV is big and fast..........

Sounds like a typical La Vega team.

Cam
11-19-2015, 05:21 PM
Sounds like a typical La Vega team.

well....maybe they're fast and big instead!......I don't know what Rockport brings, but they better be ready to score lots of points to win.....LV will hit the 30's or 40's tomorrow.......

Cam
11-20-2015, 11:19 PM
well....maybe they're fast and big instead!......I don't know what Rockport brings, but they better be ready to score lots of points to win.....LV will hit the 30's or 40's tomorrow.......

....what he said.....

Cam
11-20-2015, 11:21 PM
Slot T, Spread, I-Formation, Veer.. it doesn't matter. You aint seen speed and size yet.

...and what he said.....

Rocket Man
11-20-2015, 11:25 PM
Final

LV 41
RF 20

RkptFltn
11-21-2015, 09:44 PM
LV was bigger and faster than RF at every position.

RF had 290 yards rushing 0 yards passing
LV had 296 yards rushing 80ish recieving

RF had to face fourth day multiple times throughout the night, while Waco was converting easily all night. Rockports biggest plays came from Waco making mistakes. As a whole i was very surprised about how well RF played against Waco. Game got ugly in the second half and 2 players from each team were ejected for fighting. It was definitely not the way you want your program to behaving on behalf of Rockport-Fulton. Meh, go maroon Pirates. Go Calallen. Go texans. How many more days till HS baseball? at least turkey and pecan pie is in the oven.