PDA

View Full Version : Lamarque school district is being closed as of this year.

BILLYFRED0000
11-18-2015, 08:13 AM
Lamarque school district is being closed as of this year.
I did not know if ya ll had heard it...
I just found out yesterday....
That was a great football team school but now gone.

OLE'BULL
11-18-2015, 09:07 AM
Lamarque school district is being closed as of this year.
I did not know if ya ll had heard it...
I just found out yesterday....
That was a great football team school but now gone.

There have been a couple threads on it but haven't seen any updates lately. I would like to know a bit more about this if anyone has any details? Obviously they aren't shutting down the football team during the playoffs, but will they finish out this school year? Do the students know what schools they will be relocating to?

91 lion
11-18-2015, 09:27 AM
There have been a couple threads on it but haven't seen any updates lately. I would like to know a bit more about this if anyone has any details? Obviously they aren't shutting down the football team during the playoffs, but will they finish out this school year? Do the students know what schools they will be relocating to?

From what I have heard is that the schools will most likely stay open and just be part of another district....most likely texas city isd.

We're talking a lot about the high school but the primary schools are a bigger concern from a logistical standpoint......taking a 1st grader 20 miles to school is just not feasible.....so, more than likely, the schools will still be up and running next year. Obviously, this Is a fluid situation with a TBD tag on it, but I expect the school to remain open for the time being.

BILLYFRED0000
11-18-2015, 09:39 AM
From what I have heard is that the schools will most likely stay open and just be part of another district....most likely texas city isd.

We're talking a lot about the high school but the primary schools are a bigger concern from a logistical standpoint......taking a 1st grader 20 miles to school is just not feasible.....so, more than likely, the schools will still be up and running next year. Obviously, this Is a fluid situation with a TBD tag on it, but I expect the school to remain open for the time being.

http://www.valleymorningstar.com/news/state/article_4fe9d81b-035e-5e1e-9644-4f2ff4cbaebb.html closing as of this summer and being absorbed by the surrounding districts updated Fri nov 13 2015.

chaingang
11-18-2015, 09:45 AM
Thats my understanding also. Will be LaMarque HS and Middle School/Elementary but under the Texas City ISD umbrella now. Cougartino is from there and he knows the skinny. He posted on this topic a while back about it. Maybe he will see this and chime in on the latest. Honestly kind of sad for us WOS folks. Yes I know they have bounced some of the best teams we have had(twice in my playing days) but weve always respected them. Just wouldnt seem right without that 5 stared Gold Paw not being around anymore. If we meet up this year, we will have a chance to even the score at 3-3. All time is LaMarque Wins -93,95,97 WOS Wins- 2000, 2014. Interesting tid bit, both our wins against LaMarque came on State Championship runs for WOS. 2000 lost the 4A(now 5A) SC to Ennis, 2014 lost the 4A SC to Gilmer. Well, maybe we shouldnt play them on second thought. LOL!

OLE'BULL
11-18-2015, 10:56 AM
Thats my understanding also. Will be LaMarque HS and Middle School/Elementary but under the Texas City ISD umbrella now. Cougartino is from there and he knows the skinny. He posted on this topic a while back about it. Maybe he will see this and chime in on the latest. Honestly kind of sad for us WOS folks. Yes I know they have bounced some of the best teams we have had(twice in my playing days) but weve always respected them. Just wouldnt seem right without that 5 stared Gold Paw not being around anymore. If we meet up this year, we will have a chance to even the score at 3-3. All time is LaMarque Wins -93,95,97 WOS Wins- 2000, 2014. Interesting tid bit, both our wins against LaMarque came on State Championship runs for WOS. 2000 lost the 4A(now 5A) SC to Ennis, 2014 lost the 4A SC to Gilmer. Well, maybe we shouldnt play them on second thought. LOL!

God I love Texas high school football. It is probably the only state in the US where fans are genuinely upset about things like this. Losing an opponent with rich history against your team is never fun. That would be like Sealy closing or not fielding a team. Bellville would be lost without our annual Mill Creek Shootout.

cougartino
11-18-2015, 12:59 PM
Correct. The campuses will remain open but most likely under the Texas City ISD banner.