PDA

View Full Version : Orangefield 33 - Anahuac 14

the-O-fence
10-10-2003, 10:39 PM
Thanks to 3 turnovers in the 1st quater it allowed Modica to light up the panther secondary. Anahuac just couldnt stop. Orangefield was ahead 20-0 at half and the panthers just coulndt catch up.Looks like Orangefield is in the drivers seat now,conrats bobcats on the good game and good luck the rest of the season.

RBARKER
10-10-2003, 11:09 PM
Wow Congrats to Orangfield great game!! When is the last time Orangfield won District? Goodluck to orangefield on a great season.

3ABirdMan
10-10-2003, 11:50 PM
Great job, 'Cats. Keep it up. Congrats on the win. It's yours if you WANT it :mad: , and from what I saw against us, you do!

Old Cardinal
10-11-2003, 12:07 AM
All that tout about Anahuac, from folks outside of 21-3A, was debunked tonight..The Bobcats took it to Anahuac and it was no surprise to a lot of people who have seen Thomas Hamrick run the ball and John Modica and the skill players present their superb 7 on 7 trained passing attack.

Bobkat
10-11-2003, 01:08 AM
Wow, great win Cats!!! You played your tails off tonight against a good Anahuac team. Keep that intensity and effort up and that first district championship since '88 will be yours. Props to our coaching staff, they have these kids ready to play everyweek. Anahauc has a good QB, but the Cats kept him in the pocket and forced him to throw the ball. That's how you beat them, if you can't contain him, he's going to hurt you with his feet. For the most part we did that, and on offense we mixed the run and pass very well. This team is very focused right now, hopefully they can keep it up with those Longhorns coming to town next week for homecoming.

St. Ivender
10-11-2003, 09:33 AM
Old Cardinal:
All that tout about Anahuac, from folks outside of 21-3A, was debunked tonight..The Bobcats took it to Anahuac and it was no surprise to a lot of people who have seen Thomas Hamrick run the ball and John Modica and the skill players present their superb 7 on 7 trained passing attack.Count me among the former doubters. I am impressed.

xhardinhornet
10-11-2003, 09:51 AM
I am not impressed, I said from the beginning Anahuac will not amount to anything this season, and once again, year after year, I am right, lol
Good job Orangefield, that was the unexpected part, 0-field, winning the district, good job though, now Hardin is back in the mix among bridge city, anahuac, and hardin jefferson for the second and third spots.....who wants it more?

pgamgt1982
10-11-2003, 10:11 AM
Orangefield executed just as I figured they would. Apparantly, it is the mentallity of these kids going into each game prepared more than ever, just being ready for whatever the opponent brings them. Good Job!

Honestly, I think Anahuac will be upset once again @ Hardin Jefferson this week. Anyone else want to jump on that band-waggon ???? LoL

the-O-fence
10-11-2003, 10:42 AM
xhardinhornet:
I am not impressed, I said from the beginning Anahuac will not amount to anything this season, and once again, year after year, I am right, lol
Good job Orangefield, that was the unexpected part, 0-field, winning the district, good job though, now Hardin is back in the mix among bridge city, anahuac, and hardin jefferson for the second and third spots.....who wants it more?Anahuac going 5-0 to start the season means they've amounted to nothing? Hardin is not back in the mix of anything, sure they had an impressive 12-0 win over the tough Kountze Lions,but they will not make the playoffs.They will lose their last 4 games, they might pull of a win against HF but i doubt it.

pgamgt1982
10-11-2003, 11:29 AM
Orangefield beat Kountze 19-0. Hardin beat Kountze 12-0 without the starting RB playing the second half. Hardin seems to be a better team then most people think, afterall there were SEVERAL scouts from B-C at the Kountze game so maybe they are in the mix bro'. Who knows at this point? When it is all said and done, I feel as if these teams will be playing post-season ball:

1. Orangefield 2. Bridge City 3 Hardin
OR
1. Orangefield 2. Bridge City 3 Hamshire-Fannett

<small>[ October 11, 2003, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: pgamgt1982 ]</small>

the-O-fence
10-11-2003, 06:13 PM
It will be Orangefield, Anahuac, Bridge City to advance to the post season. Hardin will definitely not make it. Hamshire-Fanett could have a shot but they would have to beat orangefield, they've already lost to BC and Anahuac.

Old Cardinal
10-11-2003, 06:50 PM
It will end up Orangefield, Bridge City,Anahuac in all probability. H-F is a long shot, Hardin bearly squeeked in last year, with a lot better Hardin team.

Bobkat
10-12-2003, 10:40 AM
It should end up being Orangefield, Bridge City, and Anahauc. Anahauc has some athletes and their tough, Orangefield had a good gameplan going in and executed it well. They forced Raymond to throw the ball first instead of looking to run by containing him. If you can do that against them, you can beat them. Neither Anahuac or Bridge City will lose till they play each other to end the season. Should be a good one!!!