PDA

View Full Version : Everman's only loss was to Kenndale?

2k3_QB_10
12-10-2002, 01:46 PM
Out of couriousity, how exactly did Everman lose to them? Was Kenndale that good, or was it mistakes by Everman? Did Kenndale have more heart that night? If i misspelled Kenndale, forgive me, i'm just Curious

----------------------------

rholl
12-10-2002, 02:27 PM
Heres my take on that Kennedale game....Everman comes in riding high as the defending state champs having just gone through preseason undefeated again and Kennedale took 'em out behind the woodshed. Kennedale played an awesome game and they were no slouches, they made a good playoff run also until they ran into a tought Ballinger team. That was the type of game that you hope happens in your non-district schedule but it didn't and it cost Everman the district title. However, the loss did serve its purpose and remind thm that they could be beat if they decided not to show up. I believe it also showed the coaches that there was some scheme changing that needed to happen defensively. Thats my take on the Kennedale loss!!

<small>[ December 10, 2002, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: rholl ]</small>

BIG19
12-10-2002, 02:53 PM
Rholl, thanks for the info. I was wondering the same thing.

CLOCKCHOKE
12-10-2002, 06:35 PM
That game was a prime example of an Everman team coming off a big win the week before and not being properly prepared. Also, a Kennedale coaching staff that brought a great game plan and was properly prepared. Kennedale exposed several weaknesses on the Everman team, consequently, Everman made the adjustments and has been unstoppable. As for Kennedale, well, they were stopped a little short in the playoffs, but that's old news(wha). Simply put, Kennedale brought the same mentality to the Balinger game that Everman had done weeks earlier in Kennedale.

callandraise
12-10-2002, 06:55 PM
Clockchoke has this one right,one team comes to get their trophy and the other comes to play.I've seen it hundreds of times in the last 50 tears. Coaches try to tell the kids but somehow it just dosen't soak in.That's the main reason they go ahead and play the games.