PDA

View Full Version : Bellville (9-2) vs. Hamshire Fannett (8-3)- Friday at Klein Memorial Stadium

Scoop27
11-16-2015, 01:20 PM
Battle of the Brahmas and Longhorns. Not sure if Longhorns record is correct

GUNHO
11-16-2015, 01:55 PM
I beleive they are 8-3 Scoop.

WOS1
11-16-2015, 03:21 PM
Just know this name, Kendrick King.

OLE'BULL
11-16-2015, 05:40 PM
I am not very familiar with H-F but from what I can tell, the Brahmas should not have a problem with them. Can anyone confirm that? Bellville is playing fantastic football right now and did exactly what they were supposed to do against a downright terrible Salado team.

WOS87
11-16-2015, 05:44 PM
Don't let the 35-0 loss to WOS fool you. Every other team in our district runs the Slot-T and we know how to shut it down. H-F has a star in King and can definitely score. H-F and Bellville run very similar offenses so I can see a bunch of points being scored.

griff
11-16-2015, 07:05 PM
I am not very familiar with H-F but from what I can tell, the Brahmas should not have a problem with them. Can anyone confirm that? Bellville is playing fantastic football right now and did exactly what they were supposed to do against a downright terrible Salado team.

Unfamiliarity breeds confidence, huh?

This will be the most competitive game in region 3 this weekend.

GUNHO
11-16-2015, 07:25 PM

They might not win but their QB King will scare the daylights out of you every time he touches the ball.That kid has some jets and if he gets loose you ain't catching him.

OLE'BULL
11-16-2015, 09:00 PM
Unfamiliarity breeds confidence, huh?

This will be the most competitive game in region 3 this weekend.

I only have their schedule to go by, and their wins (and losses) leave me with not much to be concerned about. I really don't think this will be the most competitive R3 game.

WOS87
11-16-2015, 09:03 PM
I only have their schedule to go by, and their wins (and losses) leave me with not much to be concerned about. I really don't think this will be the most competitive R3 game.

LaMarque vs Caldwell would be my pick for the most competitive but I'd put this one at #2. Again don't let the WOS score fool you.

OLE'BULL
11-16-2015, 10:23 PM
I mean, honestly I think the Giddings/Ofield game should be pretty dern close with the Giddings QB hobbled or possibly (likely) out. Wharton is no slouch either so I would say this week as a whole will be pretty competitive, but would put the Bellville/H-F game near the bottom of the "competitiveness" scale. Let 'em prove me wrong!

chaingang
11-17-2015, 03:53 PM
I mean, honestly I think the Giddings/Ofield game should be pretty dern close with the Giddings QB hobbled or possibly (likely) out. Wharton is no slouch either so I would say this week as a whole will be pretty competitive, but would put the Bellville/H-F game near the bottom of the "competitiveness" scale. Let 'em prove me wrong!

HF is no slouch. You will come to see that very soon.

OLE'BULL
11-17-2015, 05:45 PM
HF is no slouch. You will come to see that very soon.

Are you saying that H-F is going to win? It seems like that is how you feel, but you just aren't quite sure about it so you don't want to put it in writing. I have seen posts like that, hell I have posted them. Bellville will be just fine, take care of business, and advance to the next round. We have the playoff experience that gives us the advantage in match-ups like this one. This is a relatively unfamiliar situation for H-F in the last decade or so....

WOS87
11-17-2015, 05:51 PM
I'm pretty sure everyone agrees Bellville is the favorite. As district champs with some solid wins under your belt you definitely have earned respect. I'm just saying H-F is probably better on the field than what they currently look like on paper. Good luck!

WOS1
11-17-2015, 06:48 PM
Are you saying that H-F is going to win? It seems like that is how you feel, but you just aren't quite sure about it so you don't want to put it in writing. I have seen posts like that, hell I have posted them. Bellville will be just fine, take care of business, and advance to the next round. We have the playoff experience that gives us the advantage in match-ups like this one. This is a relatively unfamiliar situation for H-F in the last decade or so....

I remember very similar sentiments from some Belville folks last year before they played HJ and we know how that turned out. HF has another senior laden team and will be competitive.

The Bull #40
11-17-2015, 10:06 PM
Just know this name, Kendrick King.

I'm excited for Friday to see what Hamshire Fannett is all about, playing at Klein Memorial is just an added bonus! I do, however, agree that HF's schedule didn't look very daunting other than the Orangefield and WOS games.... And their defense looks like they give up their fair share of points. I'm interested in seeing the King kid at QB. Anyone know what year he is and if he can throw or just run because the way people have been posting he sounds like more of an extra RB than a QB.

WOS87
11-17-2015, 10:13 PM
I'm excited for Friday to see what Hamshire Fannett is all about, playing at Klein Memorial is just an added bonus! I do, however, agree that HF's schedule didn't look very daunting other than the Orangefield and WOS games.... And their defense looks like they give up their fair share of points. I'm interested in seeing the King kid at QB. Anyone know what year he is and if he can throw or just run because the way people have been posting he sounds like more of an extra RB than a QB.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/H-F-s-Kenrick-King-looking-to-impress-scouts-6421457.php

This was before the season even started. He's done well this year.

chaingang
11-18-2015, 09:11 AM

Well Ill always root for our district. Of course I would like them to win but realize Bellville is a salty team. The only thing im saying is if you cant contain a certain HF QB, the Brahmas will be in for a long nite. Better score with them if thats the case. Hes going to get his yardage. The key is letting him get his yardage without scoring a TD like WOS did. Im not saying they are world beaters, just saying if Bellville thinks this is an extension of an easy Rd 1 game you will be very mistaken.

OLE'BULL
11-18-2015, 09:19 AM
I remember very similar sentiments from some Belville folks last year before they played HJ and we know how that turned out. HF has another senior laden team and will be competitive.

HJ last year is a much different team than HF this year. I never overlook an opponent, but there is no doubt in most peoples mind (other than HF fans) who SHOULD win this game. Bellville is the favorite in this one, rightfully so. That doesn't mean an upset won't happen, but I would not bet against my team on an upset.

OLE'BULL
11-18-2015, 09:27 AM
Well Ill always root for our district. Of course I would like them to win but realize Bellville is a salty team. The only thing im saying is if you cant contain a certain HF QB, the Brahmas will be in for a long nite. Better score with them if thats the case. Hes going to get his yardage. The key is letting him get his yardage without scoring a TD like WOS did. Im not saying they are world beaters, just saying if Bellville thinks this is an extension of an easy Rd 1 game you will be very mistaken.

Still seems like you don't want to put it in writing. Of course I understand that you would root for the local/district guys, but does that also mean you think they are the favorite? I can promise you everyone around here knows that HF is not Salado. Salado could have possibly been the worst team we have played all year besides maybe Brookshire. This week is totally different but I am sure Coach Rowe will prepare just like we are lining up against the best team in the state. We have faced running QB's and have done well against them. We have great team speed, especially on the Defensive side of the ball. Rowe is a defensive guy and they are extremely well coach on Defense. Not alot of blown assignments, plenty of guys around the ball, take good angles, sure tacklers, a couple of big hitters, etc. It is very fun to watch Bellville play defense when we are clicking! We aren't the biggest but will get to the ball in a hurry and gang tackle, which sounds like what we will need to do against the HF quarterback.

chaingang
11-18-2015, 09:38 AM
Still seems like you don't want to put it in writing. Of course I understand that you would root for the local/district guys, but does that also mean you think they are the favorite? I can promise you everyone around here knows that HF is not Salado. Salado could have possibly been the worst team we have played all year besides maybe Brookshire. This week is totally different but I am sure Coach Rowe will prepare just like we are lining up against the best team in the state. We have faced running QB's and have done well against them. We have great team speed, especially on the Defensive side of the ball. Rowe is a defensive guy and they are extremely well coach on Defense. Not alot of blown assignments, plenty of guys around the ball, take good angles, sure tacklers, a couple of big hitters, etc. It is very fun to watch Bellville play defense when we are clicking! We aren't the biggest but will get to the ball in a hurry and gang tackle, which sounds like what we will need to do against the HF quarterback.

LOL! Why do I have to put something in writing? Do you want me to say HF wins? Well, Im not sure. I havent seen Bellville play so it would be ingnorant for me to say something like that. I do know yall won your district and beat some good teams. If you put a gun to my head Ill say the Brahmas win because of record/district placement. But we all know that doesnt mean squat in the HS playoffs. Im a WOS guy so the outcome of this game doenst really concern me at the momment. All im trying to do is explain how HF is also a pretty salty team to not be taken lightly. Just seems to me some fans(not the team or coaches) are taking the Longhorns that way. Just saying.

OLE'BULL
11-18-2015, 10:53 AM
LOL! Why do I have to put something in writing? Do you want me to say HF wins? Well, Im not sure. I havent seen Bellville play so it would be ingnorant for me to say something like that. I do know yall won your district and beat some good teams. If you put a gun to my head Ill say the Brahmas win because of record/district placement. But we all know that doesnt mean squat in the HS playoffs. Im a WOS guy so the outcome of this game doenst really concern me at the momment. All im trying to do is explain how HF is also a pretty salty team to not be taken lightly. Just seems to me some fans(not the team or coaches) are taking the Longhorns that way. Just saying.

I just don't see what is wrong with making a prediction. We are just fans, its OK to be wrong. I am not just picking Bellville because I am a homer, I truly believe they are going to win because they are the better team. The better team doesn't always win though. I assume you are referring to me when talking about taking them lightly. I didn't mean to give off that impression. I won't lie and say I don't take certain teams lightly when Bellville plays, but this week is not one of those times. Being a fan now and not a player, I think it is just human nature to disregard certain opponents. I would venture to say some players and coaches do as well somewhere deep down. Hell, I was guilty of it in high school. In college I never was because we were the team that usually got beat up on. There is no doubt that H-F is good enough to pull off an upset, but it would definitely be an upset if they won. I don't ever mind being wrong and eating crow but I am thinking Bellville will be just fine this week. I could be wrong. I am really anxious to see how WOS does this week against Wharton. I wanted to pick Wharton with the upset in my bracket, mainly because I don't want us to have to play WOS. This week will really help me get a good read on WOS since we played Wharton earlier this year. Wharton is a damn good team and have some real athletes. I do believe WOS will win though, and probably without much of a problem.

griff
11-18-2015, 11:15 AM

I've seen HF in person and I've watched a decent amount of film on Bellville. With that perspective, I predicted this will be the most competitive game in 4AD2 region 3 this weekend. No score prediction from me other than the winner will have a 10 point or less margin of victory. I have no connection to either team. It's good to see the multiple posts and interest in this game.

The Bull #40
11-18-2015, 06:52 PM
I've seen HF in person and I've watched a decent amount of film on Bellville. With that perspective, I predicted this will be the most competitive game in 4AD2 region 3 this weekend. No score prediction from me other than the winner will have a 10 point or less margin of victory. I have no connection to either team. It's good to see the multiple posts and interest in this game.

I haven't seen any film on HF but from what I can tell from their schedule this year, I don't think this will be the most competitive game of the region. We have been solid against the run this year and just solid on defense in general, only allowing around 18 points per game. On the other side of the ball, we're averaging 33 points a game (and that's after losing our best running back for the season in week 3). We have had some guys step up in a huge way to fill that position and I'd keep an eye on #24 Briscoe for the Brahmas - the kid can run the ball and has been having monster games since getting the starting gig. And with HF giving up around 26 points per game, I think the Brahmas should put up 28 at least.. My prediction is the Brahmas move on to the next round after a 35-14 win Friday night!

WOS87
11-18-2015, 06:59 PM
I'm predicting WOS vs La Marque and Giddings vs Bellville in Week 3. The Quarterfinals will be fun no matter who gets there.

The Bull #40
11-18-2015, 07:02 PM
I'm predicting WOS vs La Marque and Giddings vs Bellville in Week 3. The Quarterfinals will be fun no matter who gets there.

Agreed!!! That's what my bracket says WOS87! I actually have y'all vs. Celina in the big show so we'll see!

OLE'BULL
11-18-2015, 07:03 PM
I haven't seen any film on HF but from what I can tell from their schedule this year, I don't think this will be the most competitive game of the region. We have been solid against the run this year and just solid on defense in general, only allowing around 18 points per game. On the other side of the ball, we're averaging 33 points a game (and that's after losing our best running back for the season in week 3). We have had some guys step up in a huge way to fill that position and I'd keep an eye on #24 Briscoe for the Brahmas - the kid can run the ball and has been having monster games since getting the starting gig. And with HF giving up around 26 points per game, I think the Brahmas should put up 28 at least.. My prediction is the Brahmas move on to the next round after a 35-14 win Friday night!

Also we were without another starting RB for the last 3-4 weeks of the regular season due to injury. He played last week and is still not 100%, though I would guess a lot of guys aren't 100% this time of year. Fortunately we have a full stable of backs willing and ready (and capable!) to tote the rock. We have 3 legitimate options at QB and plenty of quick lineman. We have improved SO much from the third or fourth week, which is again, not uncommon, but the improvement this year has been huge and a real difference maker. We are really firing on all cylinders so I don't see us slipping up this week. If we can get to WOS and pull off an upset (see I don't always predict Bellville to win, I'm a realist!), there is no doubt in my mind we would win the semi-final game against the RIV team. That's a long way from now so I will stay focused on Hanshire Fannet and pretty much echo #40's score prediction: 35-17. I will add that 7 of those 17 pts will come in the 4th quarter.

zebrablue2
11-18-2015, 10:05 PM
Best of luck to the Brahmas this week! I don't know many of the kids anymore, but I still bleed Brahma RED, my kids have been out 10 years, hard to believe........
Play injury free and leave it all on the field!!!

OLE'BULL
11-21-2015, 01:09 AM
Whew too close for comfort! So yes it was a competitive game and I almost ate crow. The QB is the real deal but seemed to be slowed by an injury in the 4th. Was that something he came into the game with? It was a lower body injury and he was wearing a knee brace all game. Is that a preventative measure or did he have a knee problem? It sure didn't slow him down on that long run. Honestly he was hobbling so bad in the final minutes of the game, it very well may have cost them the game (other than the 12 men on the field penalty). He just appeared to give out on that sack and it had something to do with his injury. That was truly the tale of two halfs and the Brahmas have got to stop the turnovers. It hasn't been a problem all year, and I don't know what the final tally was, but in the first half alone we lost a fumble and had two INTs. We were lucky to get out of that one alive. We weren't rolling on offense, it was not the norm for us. Defensively we played pretty decent, we just missed more tackles than usual. We gave up two big plays that both resulted in TDs, other than that we contained them. I am hearing Friday night in Bryan at Merrill Green stadium and will be playing Giddings. They beat us by two early in the year so we are looking for some payback!

WOS87
11-21-2015, 01:11 AM
Congrats tonight. Well we're one game away from possibly playing each other! Good luck against Giddings!

The Bull #40
11-21-2015, 11:39 AM
To echo what Ole Bull said, Bellville was lucky to squeak out that win last night against a pretty good HF team. The QB was as good as advertised but I thought the defense played the option extremely well just allowed two big plays that hurt us. On offense our QB threw too many INTs when there were open WRs, so hopefully Rowe can get that taken care of. I don't know what it is but we seem to start too many games slow and then pick it up in the second half. I think if we're wanting to keep advancing we're not going to be able to afford falling behind in the first half much longer.. That being said it was a great game and I underestimated HF, but am looking forward to the rematch with Giddings in Bryan Friday night!!! :1popcorn:

OLE'BULL
11-21-2015, 02:00 PM
It's time to bench our QB and go back to the Sophmore Marcus Ward. I have kept quiet long enough and don't like knocking kids, but he is down right pitiful. He hasn't had a good game all year. Ward started the season because Maeker was injured and should have never been replaced. In most offenses I wouldn't agree with a switch this late in the season, but we hardly throw anyways so it wouldn't take Ward but a week of practice to get back in the groove. He is a better athlete and has a better arm. To keep advancing we will have to be able to throw the ball, right now we can't and it's painfully obvious. We were lucky that the defense was able to pretty much shut down HF in the second half but we can't expect that every week. We are about to run across some potent offenses and will have to score more points to win. Hopefully last night opened Coach Rowes eyes a bit, he will HAVE to bench the Senior, there is too much on the line... Boy I feel better!

The Bull #40
11-21-2015, 02:06 PM
It's time to bench our QB and go back to the Sophmore Marcus Ward. I have kept quiet long enough and don't like knocking kids, but he is down right pitiful. He hasn't had a good game all year. Ward started the season because Maeker was injured and should have never been replaced. In most offenses I wouldn't agree with a switch this late in the season, but we hardly throw anyways so it wouldn't take Ward but a week of practice to get back in the groove. He is a better athlete and has a better arm. To keep advancing we will have to be able to throw the ball, right now we can't and it's painfully obvious. We were lucky that the defense was able to pretty much shut down HF in the second half but we can't expect that every week. We are about to run across some potent offenses and will have to score more points to win. Hopefully last night opened Coach Rowes eyes a bit, he will HAVE to bench the Senior, there is too much on the line... Boy I feel better!

I 100% agree Ole Bull, the only way I wouldn't bench him is if Maeker is THE leader of the offense, which he doesn't seem like. I think Briscoe or one of the linemen hold that title, but if it is indeed Maeker then Rowe can't bench him. He underthrew every receiver last night and only completed one pass (that counted - he completed one that way called back) which is unacceptable. I thought Ward looked great when he was at QB and our passing offense was much more of a threat when he was at the helm. Tough to make that change this late into the season but it would greatly benefit our team moving on IMO and make us less one-dimensional. Hpwever if Rowe sticks with Maeker I will support it, because he seems to know how to put personnel in the right spot.