PDA

View Full Version : Gatesville vs La Vernia, Friday in Buda 7:30 pm

dk1
11-16-2015, 11:45 AM
Any thoughts on this? Should be a good game. Taking Gatesville in a close one.

montyhp1
11-16-2015, 01:07 PM
Pigskin prep has LV as a 21 point favorite

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Rabid Cougar
11-16-2015, 02:27 PM
Gatesville

LV_Bearfan
11-16-2015, 02:54 PM
I thought 21 seemed like a lot. The Bears are absolutely rolling after implementing a new staff and new systems early. It looks like Gatesville is peaking too. Should be fun. Tons of emotion in this one.

Rocket Man
11-16-2015, 06:56 PM
I thought 21 seemed like a lot. The Bears are absolutely rolling after implementing a new staff and new systems early. It looks like Gatesville is peaking too. Should be fun. Tons of emotion in this one.

I thought the same and lean more towards a toss up on this one. I wish it was closer, I'd really like to see this game.

greendawg84
11-17-2015, 09:02 AM
Gatesville has some very large kids with some decent speed . They are better than most 3 place teams . They only lost to La Vega and Chinese Springs which were both top 10 teams . They were my dark horse pick from the start of the season . I will be at the Cedar Park vs Kerrville game but if this was closer this would be my game .

Bosqueville
11-17-2015, 09:11 AM
Gatesville has some very large kids with some decent speed . They are better than most 3 place teams . They only lost to La Vega and Chinese Springs which were both top 10 teams . They were my dark horse pick from the start of the season . I will be at the Cedar Park vs Kerrville game but if this was closer this would be my game .

This Cedar Park game seems like an odd location. Was this a home and home flip?

greendawg84
11-17-2015, 11:18 AM
I have no idea , thought it to be strange when I saw it in the paper also . Guess there really isnt a big stadium anywhere half way ? Marble Falls would have been my guess but I guess it is not quite big enough for that type of playoff game . Only other place with a somewhat large field is Fred , or they both have to go to San Antonio .

LV_Bearfan
11-19-2015, 02:34 PM
After watching Gatesville some, I think La Vernia matches up with them pretty well on the size and speed front.
This should be a defensive battle and one I think the Bears win.

Rocket Man
11-19-2015, 03:26 PM
I did a mapquest search on the location and it looks like Gatesville has to travel about twice as far a La Vernia.

How did that happen? Dearth of available venues?

Breacher9
11-19-2015, 04:08 PM
What kind of offense and defense does Gatesville play?? If they are a run heavy team I would prob have to go with La Vernia. If they are spread with some athletes.. La Vernia likes to play a lot of straight man press and that could be trouble for LV. Anyone know Gatesville's style??

Rocket Man
11-19-2015, 04:26 PM
What kind of offense and defense does Gatesville play?? If they are a run heavy team I would prob have to go with La Vernia. If they are spread with some athletes.. La Vernia likes to play a lot of straight man press and that could be trouble for LV. Anyone know Gatesville's style??

They ran more than passed when they played us.

You can go to Max Preps and on their page there is a link to some videos from some of their games.

LV_Bearfan
11-19-2015, 06:13 PM
They ran more than passed when they played us.

You can go to Max Preps and on their page there is a link to some videos from some of their games.

I think they took the videos down. There aren't any available on hudl either the last time I looked.

LV_Bearfan
11-19-2015, 06:18 PM
I think they took the videos down. There aren't any available on hudl either the last time I looked.

I was able to see some of their games before they took all of their videos down.
You can still look on the Max Preps pages of some of the teams they've played and at least see the other team's hi-lights against them.

LV_Bearfan
11-19-2015, 06:31 PM

Gatesville appears to live and die by the power running game with tight sets, some large, athletic lead blockers and at least one quick back.
They don't appear to be much of a passing threat.

On the flip side, LV will pass it enough, and should do it effectively enough with relatively safe passes, to keep Gatesville D honest and sustain drives.

loyalfan
11-20-2015, 09:02 AM
Gatesville has the passing threat, they just haven't had to rely on it of late because of the success of the running game. Don't be fooled though, if it comes down to it, they'll sling it and sling it well.

LV_Bearfan
11-20-2015, 10:02 AM
Gatesville has the passing threat, they just haven't had to rely on it of late because of the success of the running game. Don't be fooled though, if it comes down to it, they'll sling it and sling it well.

I'm expecting a good game. I'm sure Gatesville can pass, probably about as well as La Vernia. Some of what I saw was your backup QB, I think. This is a matchup of similar teams. I'm glad game day is finally here. Safe travels to both teams.

dk1
11-20-2015, 10:58 PM
Great job Gatesville!! I called it. Way to represent 13-4a!!

LV_Bearfan
11-20-2015, 11:01 PM
Congrats Gatesville. Great game.

Cam
11-20-2015, 11:02 PM
Great job Gatesville!! I called it. Way to represent 13-4a!!

...you sir....are a genius.....

dk1
11-20-2015, 11:12 PM
Thank you. Can you tell my wife ?