PDA

View Full Version : Giddings vs. Orangefield in Pearland at the Rig

buff4ever
11-16-2015, 09:54 AM
Someone give me the skinny on orangefield. What are their high points and low points?

chaingang
11-16-2015, 01:17 PM
Someone give me the skinny on orangefield. What are their high points and low points?

Pass heavy team with a great defense to go with it. Run the spread with multiple pro sets and sometimes pistol.

pirate4state
11-16-2015, 05:57 PM
I have Giddings/WOS Region III final so both of y'all just need to keep winning, okay?

d0tc0m
11-16-2015, 05:58 PM
Pass heavy team with a great defense to go with it. Run the spread with multiple pro sets and sometimes pistol.

Great defense? Sure looks like they give up A LOT of points. Give me Giddings by a lot in this one.

WOS87
11-16-2015, 06:05 PM
I'm pretty sure chaingang was being facetious or was mistakenly describing WOS lol. Every team other than WOS runs the Slot-T in our district or some version of it. Orangefield WAS the only team to score against WOS in district albeit it was just 3 points.

griff
11-16-2015, 06:58 PM
I have Giddings/WOS Region III final so both of y'all just need to keep winning, okay?

IF that game becomes a reality...and IF Sinton is not playing on the same night, you'll have to come and sit with the WO-S boys. You know you love us.

griff
11-16-2015, 07:01 PM

Lol!!! You forgot to include their use of the veer.

Seriously, though, Orangefield runs the Slot-T. Giddings saw the same offense when they played Bellville. OF is probably not quite as good as Bellville, but they are scappy.

1st and goal
11-16-2015, 07:01 PM
The ratings have Giddings a 20+ point winner. I just hope they stay healthy and kick rear.

I hope the stadium in Pearland has better lighting than it did many years ago when we played WOS there in the rain and stormy weather.

GUNHO
11-16-2015, 07:32 PM
I'm pretty sure chaingang was being facetious or was mistakenly describing WOS lol. Every team other than WOS runs the Slot-T in our district or some version of it. Orangefield WAS the only team to score against WOS in district albeit it was just 3 points.

I had to recheck who we were playing after reading chaingangs comments.lol

chaingang
11-17-2015, 10:24 AM
I had to recheck who we were playing after reading chaingangs comments.lol

LOL! Man, yall all had to come on here and ruin it!!!:D

chaingang
11-17-2015, 10:27 AM

Actually, to describe us, you just say as coach T said. Playing WOS is like "trying to catch deflating baloons in a phone booth" (close enough) lol

pirate4state
11-17-2015, 11:30 AM
IF that game becomes a reality...and IF Sinton is not playing on the same night, you'll have to come and sit with the WO-S boys. You know you love us.

I hope we are both still playing! The last time y'all played Giddings and I was in attendance - it resulted in a loss for WOS, no?

buff4ever
11-17-2015, 02:16 PM
Yeah, giddings doesn't like to throw the ball either.

WOS1
11-17-2015, 06:59 PM
Did Jones play last week?

1st and goal
11-17-2015, 09:48 PM
Yeah, giddings doesn't like to throw the ball either.

We hardly ever run it either.

chaingang
11-18-2015, 09:48 AM
We hardly ever run it either.

Oh trust me, we are well aware of what Giddings does and doesnt do.:cool:

buff4ever
11-18-2015, 09:51 AM
Did Jones play last week?

No, he did not play last week.

Breacher9
11-18-2015, 10:17 AM
Any thoughts on how the buffs are gonna do as the playoffs go on without Jones?? How long is he looking to be out?

OLE'BULL
11-18-2015, 10:43 AM
Any thoughts on how the buffs are gonna do as the playoffs go on without Jones?? How long is he looking to be out?

I am not in the Giddings loop but I was kind of under the impression that this was almost a week to week type injury. We (here in Bellville) are keeping an eye on it because if Giddings and Bellville win this week, we will be playing each other.

WOS1
11-18-2015, 08:48 PM
I am not in the Giddings loop but I was kind of under the impression that this was almost a week to week type injury. We (here in Bellville) are keeping an eye on it because if Giddings and Bellville win this week, we will be playing each other.

I read that Jones has a fracture in his foot. The same injury that Dez had. They are hoping he will be back in a couple weeks but it's probably wishful thinking. They are still a talented team even without him.

buff4ever
11-19-2015, 05:38 PM
Buffs are fine. Ready for game time, this week has been long it seems.

WOS1
11-19-2015, 08:12 PM
Buffs are fine. Ready for game time, this week has been long it seems.
Agreed

WOS87
11-19-2015, 08:23 PM
Interesting that DCTF put Giddings as the only 4A team on upset alert in their podcast. I would be surprised to see them lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tpNftZ44EI

1st and goal
11-20-2015, 08:50 AM
So I'm hoping the Buffs defense is prepared to take on a Wing T or Slot T offense. Everybody has to take out somebody in the mix.

Also hope the 1st string QB is getting better and that we don't have to play him at something less than 100%.

Looks like the weather is going to be an awesome fall night. 65 degrees with 5 mph of wind at kickoff. Hope the weather folks have it right.

1st and goal
11-20-2015, 08:55 AM
Interesting that DCTF put Giddings as the only 4A team on upset alert in their podcast. I would be surprised to see them lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tpNftZ44EI

The last 2 games the Buffs allowed the opponents to score early. We were down 13-0 early against Caldwell before we got the helmets buckled down and we let Sweeny score just after we scored our first TD tying the game at 7-7. After that td, we still held Sweeny to just 89 total offensive yards. Yes, I know it is not Sweeny's best year, but that means we pretty much dominated them after their first drive.

Breacher9
11-20-2015, 10:55 AM
I dont know if you are fine without your starting QB.. thats kind of a big deal especially the deeper you get into playoffs. But i hope the Buffs make a run!! And the Jones kid comes back, would like to see the buffs at full go!

1st and goal
11-20-2015, 11:10 AM
I dont know if you are fine without your starting QB.. thats kind of a big deal especially the deeper you get into playoffs. But i hope the Buffs make a run!! And the Jones kid comes back, would like to see the buffs at full go!

When Jones is hot, he is hot. But the backup has much faster legs AND he can sling it, so it presents different problems for the opposing D.