PDA

View Full Version : Carthage vs Stafford Friday 7:30 Humble Turner Stadium

Dawgs
11-15-2015, 08:16 PM
Any Stafford fans on this board? I don't know much about them. Wanting to get some information. Looks like they run the spread offense, and have a stout defense. From another thread EC posters said they did a pretty good job of shutting down their run game this year. 11-0 district champ is impressive regardless. Also in another thread I remember a poster saying they beat a really good St. Pius team this year as well. Carthage is trending up, and our defense is playing really good even missing our best LB who is out for the season. We are also missing a big time receiver that is no longer on the team for non-injury related issues. We didn't miss him this week, and sophomores are stepping up big time. We have lots of injuries, but every team does this time of year. Carthage is loaded with a talented group of sophomores that are making a big time impact. If we find a QB next year we are going to be dang good. ll don't know how good Carthage is at this point in the season. We are coming off 4 straight routs against "ok" competition. Interested to see how we match up against elite competition. We have yet to really get our run game going making us be less balanced than in the past. The Kilgore loss is still the outlier for me. Kilgore has a great team, but not sure they are elite. Not taking anything away from them, but we executed poorly in big spots in that game. We had the talent to win that game, but they came up big in big spots, and we played our poorest in those same spots. Not sure what will happen if we get in a tight game. Will the young men rise to the occasion, or melt under the pressure. I still believe we have the talent to play with anybody in the state, and our defense is going to keep us in any game in this year's playoffs. Make no mistake. This is not the teams from 2008 - 2013. They are just not as polished as any of those teams at this point in the season. Not sure who is the favorite in this one. And really don't know how good either team is. Looking for some unbiased information.

Weebe
11-15-2015, 10:08 PM
I wasnt impressed by Stafford's offense, although they have good athletes. Their defense did a good job of limiting El Campo's running game. I think El Campo had only 5-6 possessions the entire game.

They have a terrible kicking game that will eventually kill them in a close game.

Saggy Aggie
11-15-2015, 10:44 PM
Stafford seems to be getting better every year, going undefeated this year.

They played a pretty stout schedule but had several close calls.

They have some great athletes but aren't polished at all. They aren't used to the playoffs either like Carthage. I expect it to be very close but I'll take the dawgs

bird_fan
11-17-2015, 06:39 PM
I think the Dawgs take this one

speedbump
11-18-2015, 10:21 PM
...... and as Carthage slept.the Spartans of Stafford quietly built their trojan horse. Beware Dawgs, the end is near .

Scoop27
11-18-2015, 11:05 PM
As another person posted, Stafford has a below average kicking team which could be a key. The Spartans defense is their strong point but game up some big points in their final two games after playing stellar against El Campo. They also tend to play undisciplined some and get penalties- Ill go with Carthage