PDA

View Full Version : Jasper Bulldogs (7-4) vs Navasota Rattlers (11-0)

HEMOTOXIC
11-15-2015, 12:48 PM
The Rattlers vs Bulldogs
Friday, November 20, 7p, Buddy Moorhead Stadium

Navasota played their first 3 playoff games at Buddy Moorhead, 35 min drive from Navasota, last year vs Needville, Chapel Hill, and El Campo.

Jasper comes in with 4 loses vs Vidor, 42-20, West Orange Stark, 53-0, Center, 26-23, and Silsbee, 59-48. WO-S, Center, and Silsbee are all still playing in the second round of the playoffs.

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2015, 12:35 PM
Ttt.

j_dog
11-18-2015, 03:15 PM
I see there is not much action on this thread, which is to be expected when a 7-4 team plays an undefeated defending state champion. Barring a miracle for Jasper, Navasota will roll on. I am just hoping for a competitive game.

HEMOTOXIC
11-18-2015, 04:44 PM
I see there is not much action on this thread, which is to be expected when a 7-4 team plays an undefeated defending state champion. Barring a miracle for Jasper, Navasota will roll on. I am just hoping for a competitive game.

Still, it's Texas High School Football. I gave up on this thread on Sunday.

navscanmaster
11-18-2015, 05:30 PM
I thought it was over for navasota at halftime against jasper in 2007, but they play 4 quarters for a reason.

AggiesAreWe
11-18-2015, 05:33 PM
Navasota rolls

55-21

j_dog
11-18-2015, 06:05 PM
I thought it was over for navasota at halftime against jasper in 2007, but they play 4 quarters for a reason.

Funny that you mention the 2007 game. This Jasper QB is much like that one, probably about the same size and speed. Perhaps much harder to bring down. And probably this time there are more targets for the passes. I think that Jasper will score some; but I do not see them stopping the Navasota offense. You just never know for sure until they play the game. And in 07, they should have stopped the game at halftime!

Also, as I remember Jasper had about the same record in 2007.

j_dog
11-18-2015, 08:19 PM
Who is the home team?

WOS1
11-18-2015, 08:41 PM
The Rattlers vs Bulldogs
Friday, November 20, 7p, Buddy Moorhead Stadium

Navasota played their first 3 playoff games at Buddy Moorhead, 35 min drive from Navasota, last year vs Needville, Chapel Hill, and El Campo.

Jasper comes in with 4 loses vs Vidor, 42-20, West Orange Stark, 53-0, Center, 26-23, and Silsbee, 59-48. WO-S, Center, and Silsbee are all still playing in the second round of the playoffs.

3 of those 4 losses were without their QB.

Saggy Aggie
11-18-2015, 08:55 PM
I'll take sota by about 30

striker
11-18-2015, 09:07 PM
Navasota is the home team at Buddy Moorehead Stadium - Conroe, also known as "Rattler Stadium East"

Who is the home team?

j_dog
11-18-2015, 09:41 PM
Navasota is the home team at Buddy Moorehead Stadium - Conroe, also known as "Rattler Stadium East"
Thanks. It always helps to know where to park.

j_dog
11-18-2015, 09:44 PM
3 of those 4 losses were without their QB.

WOS1, You are giving away our secrets! Well, might as well tell the whole story now. In the other loss, Jasper was without their big TE. With all that information, you might be able to take $2 and buy a cup of coffee. At least at a few places....

zebrablue2
11-18-2015, 09:54 PM
Rattlers are a machine, they roll on!!!

HEMOTOXIC
11-18-2015, 10:12 PM
2007 was an epic comeback for the Rattlers. I don't think that it will be that close this go round. Rattlers roll on.

AggiesAreWe
11-19-2015, 07:12 AM
WOS1, You are giving away our secrets! Well, might as well tell the whole story now. In the other loss, Jasper was without their big TE. With all that information, you might be able to take $2 and buy a cup of coffee. At least at a few places....

That big TE may of helped, but Jasper still loses that game to Silsbee. ;)

bansheefan03
11-19-2015, 07:16 AM
The only problem I see with sota is not really knowing how good they r due to schedule there kinda like Baylor

navscanmaster
11-19-2015, 08:25 AM
The only problem I see with sota is not really knowing how good they r due to schedule there kinda like BaylorI can see where some would think that due to the weak district, but when you return over half the starters from a 16-0 state champ, including a QB with over 10,000 yards passing and a WR one TD away from the state career record, the Baylor comparison fails. Baylor hasn't won a decent bowl game much less a championship, and looks to continue this year.

waterboy
11-19-2015, 08:45 AM
Jasper rolls!!!

67-20

Jasper rolls the basketballs out Monday...is what I meant to say. :D

j_dog
11-19-2015, 04:55 PM
That big TE may of helped, but Jasper still loses that game to Silsbee. ;)

Now you are giving away even more secrets. How can we sceere Sota with you telling them the truth? I would have sworn that I heard you say on the radio how hard he is to defend.

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2015, 05:41 PM
Navasota will be prepared. If we lose, it won't be from not being prepared or being out coached. Jasper will earn this W and us Rattler fans hope that is the case for Navasota. We want a challenge for all 4 quarters.

j_dog
11-19-2015, 07:13 PM
Navasota will be prepared. If we lose, it won't be from not being prepared or being out coached. Jasper will earn this W and us Rattler fans hope that is the case for Navasota. We want a challenge for all 4 quarters.

Well said! No doubt, Jasper will be challenged for all 4 quarters. I just hope that Jasper can return the favor.

I think that I saw that Jasper is a 27 point underdog. We are just happy to be there. If the Dogs can keep it competitive for awhile, that will be a bonus.

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2015, 07:56 PM
Well said! No doubt, Jasper will be challenged for all 4 quarters. I just hope that Jasper can return the favor.

I think that I saw that Jasper is a 27 point underdog. We are just happy to be there. If the Dogs can keep it competitive for awhile, that will be a bonus.

Indeed. Im driving in from Irving so I hope that it is a game we can talk about years to come.

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2015, 11:38 AM
Game Day!!!!

j_dog
11-20-2015, 12:24 PM
Game Day!!!!

Yes! I have a bold prediction. If Jasper wins the coin toss, they will defer to the second half! All you fans, travel safely.

navscanmaster
11-20-2015, 11:14 PM
Yes! I have a bold prediction. If Jasper wins the coin toss, they will defer to the second half! All you fans, travel safely.
Well you nailed that one.

j_dog
11-21-2015, 09:37 AM
Well you nailed that one.

I went way out on a limb! Question, did Navasota fans get they money's worth? I did. As the week wore on, I decided this game was going to be a lot closer than many predicted. In the end, Navasota did what they had to do to hold on. I see Navasota getting stronger from here on out. Congratulations on the win!

HEMOTOXIC
11-21-2015, 10:57 AM
I went way out on a limb! Question, did Navasota fans get they money's worth? I did. As the week wore on, I decided this game was going to be a lot closer than many predicted. In the end, Navasota did what they had to do to hold on. I see Navasota getting stronger from here on out. Congratulations on the win!

Thank you. That number 12, Tiger, is special. I surely got my money worth.

Navasota will need to work on their tackling this week.

j_dog
11-21-2015, 12:02 PM
Thank you. That number 12, Tiger, is special. I surely got my money worth.

Navasota will need to work on their tackling this week.

Yes Tiger is special. Very special. And there was probably nothing wrong with the Navasota tackling. I do believe Tiger is just that strong. I alluded to that fact in an earlier post. Teams have been trying to stop him now for two years. "In the grasp" means little against him, as you saw. You think you have him tackled, next thing you know he is in the end zone. Last year, one team had Jasper bottled up on the two yard line. After breaking loose from several tackles, and 98 yards later, he was in the end zone. He is obviously talented, but "undersized" perhaps for college ball. I hope that someone can find a slot for him.

Anyway, this game should have been good preparation for Navasota's remaining games. Navasota is a well oiled machine, they will continue to find ways to win.

HEMOTOXIC
11-23-2015, 04:10 PM
Yes Tiger is special. Very special. And there was probably nothing wrong with the Navasota tackling. I do believe Tiger is just that strong. I alluded to that fact in an earlier post. Teams have been trying to stop him now for two years. "In the grasp" means little against him, as you saw. You think you have him tackled, next thing you know he is in the end zone. Last year, one team had Jasper bottled up on the two yard line. After breaking loose from several tackles, and 98 yards later, he was in the end zone. He is obviously talented, but "undersized" perhaps for college ball. I hope that someone can find a slot for him.

Anyway, this game should have been good preparation for Navasota's remaining games. Navasota is a well oiled machine, they will continue to find ways to win.

We sure hope. I enjoyed watching the little fella.