PDA

View Full Version : Argyle(10-1) vs pittsburg(10-1) @ royse city fri. @ 7:30

regaleagle
11-15-2015, 12:16 PM
Looks like a pretty darn good matchup for both teams in the Area Round in Region 2 D-1 this week, huh? Liberty Eylau plays Sanger in this stadium at 7 pm on Thursday night.....so I guess you could pitch a tent and take in both games if you were hardcore and hard up, haha.
Not sure who will be the home team. Pittsburg has played a fairly competitive schedule each week, and have a good dual threat qb in Baca. Looking from their MaxPreps roster.....looks like Pitt has SOME beef on the lines. A couple of them are over 300 lbs, but I don't know if they are starters or hamburger addicts, lol.

regaleagle
11-15-2015, 12:48 PM
Pitt has one player listed at 345 lbs. and another listed at 358 lbs. Both are seniors, and one is a center or guard, and the other is a noseguard or defensive tackle. I think it would be difficult to be 358 lbs and play defensive tackle, though.....so they must have him at noseguard>>>less range is required. The rest of the linemen are not small by any means. Looks like Pitt's defense is not exactly just a tough, scrappy bunch of speedy kids. Looks like they may have some size and be able to stop the run fairly well.

regaleagle
11-15-2015, 01:07 PM
I would think the Argyle coaching staff will gameplan Pitt based on their ability to stop the run. Just looking at the stats, Pitt's offensive numbers look better than Argyle's. Hard to believe, but most probably because Argyle has scored quickly in many games with short fields and short series. Pitt averages 189 yds passing and 265 yds rushing as opposed to Argyle's season numbers of 185 passing and just 168 rushing. Yet Argyle has averaged 55.4 pts/game to Pitt's 44.1 pts/game in 11 games. Regardless, it's obvious that Pittsburg may pose some problems for the Eagles this week with their offensive balance and good defense against the run. They do have a good senior qb in Baca leading the offense. He can both pass it accurately and run it. He's thrown for 2050 yds and run for 692 yds.....their 2nd best rusher on the team. Tray Walker, Sr.(5-5,155) is a scatback and has rushed for 1500 yds this season. He must be hard to get a hold of and hard to see. Obviously, he must have speed and ability also.

On a side note: When the starters are on the bench and the backups are playing so many minutes, a team's offensive stats will not be as impressive as teams that have their starters playing most of the game. The Argyle backups have played many more minutes than most backups from other teams they will face. Our district is just not very competitive.

lostaussie
11-15-2015, 02:00 PM
Regal I went to the LE/Pitt matchup specifically to watch Baca. Although Pitt was shout out the QB was very poised in the pocket and also runs well. Pitt has huge lines and they teamwise look great suited up. I think this is a great 2nd round matchup and will give Argyle, if they win, a good sense on where they will stand against LE.

regaleagle
11-15-2015, 03:13 PM
Regal I went to the LE/Pitt matchup specifically to watch Baca. Although Pitt was shout out the QB was very poised in the pocket and also runs well. Pitt has huge lines and they teamwise look great suited up. I think this is a great 2nd round matchup and will give Argyle, if they win, a good sense on where they will stand against LE.

There you have it folks. Is it possible for somebody to attach a poll to this game? I'd be interested in seeing how many people vote for Pitt.

lostaussie
11-15-2015, 03:25 PM
I give Pitt a punchers chance but I think some big things are going to have to go their way.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

slingshot
11-15-2015, 05:37 PM
Argyle. Until proven otherwise...

Aesculus gilmus
11-15-2015, 06:40 PM
Pittsburg always has a lot of athletes. Same gene pool as Gilmer, basically. The new head coach must have done a tremendous job to just step in there with his little brother at QB and father at DC and make them immediately a contender.

Having said that, I agree with slingshot.

The Pittsburg QB can carry a tune as well.
https://twitter.com/brian_2baca/status/660673721758167040

regaleagle
11-15-2015, 08:13 PM
Brad Baca: Athletic Director/Head Football Coach of Pittsburg ISD 2015. 2012-2014 Offensive Coordinator/QBs Coach Chapel Hill ISD. 2009-11 Wide Recievers/Head Track Coach Chapel Hill ISD. 2006-08 QB/RB/Asst.Track/Head Powerlifting Brownsboro ISD. 2006 Graduate of Sam Houston State University in Kineseology. Lettered 2 yrs. at RB. Transferred from Air Force Academy. 2001-03. Attended Air Force Academy. Played QB. Lettered in 2002. 2001 Lightning Bolt Award Falcon Football- Freshman QB. 2001 Graduated from Pilot Point HS. Attended for 2 years.

Quite an impressive resume of Coach Baca, and this is just a smidgeon of his resume. And his brother Brian is the Pitt Pirate Senior Quarterback this season. If he is anything like his brother AD/Head Coach Brad, I would say Argyle better put a spy on him every down. And the secondary better wake up and play some coverage. What say ye?

regaleagle
11-15-2015, 08:39 PM
It now becomes crystal clear to me that QB Brian Baca is absolutely the main ingredient to this season's Pitt Pirates offense......crystal clear. Stop or slow him down, and you limit their offensive production by a vast amount. Scatback Tray Walker has lots of yards, but make Baca a nonthreat in the passing game and Pitt becomes one dimensional on offense. It appears Pitt has one main receiver, too.....#11 Porter(5-10,150) with 826 yds. There are 2 more good recievers......#15 Dowell(6-2,185) with 474 yds, and #9 Shields(5-10,180) with 442 yds. receiving. These 3 account for about 1725 of the 2050 yds. receiving for the Pirates. It appears just about all the offense this season for the Pirates is named in this single post.

Caveman
11-16-2015, 12:31 AM
It now becomes crystal clear to me that QB Brian Baca is absolutely the main ingredient to this season's Pitt Pirates offense......crystal clear. Stop or slow him down, and you limit their offensive production by a vast amount. Scatback Tray Walker has lots of yards, but make Baca a nonthreat in the passing game and Pitt becomes one dimensional on offense. It appears Pitt has one main receiver, too.....#11 Porter(5-10,150) with 826 yds. There are 2 more good recievers......#15 Dowell(6-2,185) with 474 yds, and #9 Shields(5-10,180) with 442 yds. receiving. These 3 account for about 1725 of the 2050 yds. receiving for the Pirates. It appears just about all the offense this season for the Pirates is named in this single post.

I would make those 3 cheeseburger eaters run east and west all night long and snap the ball as fast as I can so they can't get off the field. They'll be throwing up by the middle of the 2nd Q and quitting at halftime. We have trouble with athletic QBs. Case in point, Pleasant Grove 2009 at Royce City. He basically beat us by himself. Before you say it, I know this is a different team, but we don't seem to be able to scheme a QB who can ad lib.

Aguilafanatico
11-16-2015, 12:50 AM
I would make those 3 cheeseburger eaters run east and west all night long and snap the ball as fast as I can so they can't get off the field. They'll be throwing up by the middle of the 2nd Q and quitting at halftime. We have trouble with athletic QBs. Case in point, Pleasant Grove 2009 at Royce City. He basically beat us by himself. Before you say it, I know this is a different team, but we don't seem to be able to scheme a QB who can ad lib.

Landry Turner, Quez Allen this year.

d0tc0m
11-16-2015, 09:08 AM
Landry Turner, Quez Allen this year.

Celina's Pingleton had 167 yards passing and 2 TDs to go along with 197 yards and another pair of TDs rushing against the Eagles. But he had/has a ton of weapons to take pressure and focus off just him. Argyle has improved a ton since that week three game. I think it'll take more than just a talented QB who can ad lib to beat the Eagles. You'll need a multi-faceted QB that also has a lot of weapons around him and a strong rushing game. Give me Argyle by two scores in this one.

waterboy
11-16-2015, 09:51 AM
I'm going along with the consensus in this one. I'm not sure Pittsburg is ready for the big stage yet. I think the tradition and expectations at Argyle will make this difficult for the Pirates. I think Pittsburg will get theirs, but I don't think it will be nearly enough. Argyle wins this one by a couple of scores most likely.

regaleagle
11-16-2015, 10:36 PM
Okay.....whoever put the poll up thanks. Now everybody can vote with their heart and not their brain, LOL.

91 lion
11-17-2015, 12:16 AM
Pittsburg always has a lot of athletes. Same gene pool as Gilmer, basically. The new head coach must have done a tremendous job to just step in there with his little brother at QB and father at DC and make them immediately a contender.

Having said that, I agree with slingshot.

The Pittsburg QB can carry a tune as well.
https://twitter.com/brian_2baca/status/660673721758167040

Ahh....that explains why the Lions have their old DC coaching our D-line....and coaching them damn well, I might add.

Wayne
11-17-2015, 06:20 PM
I know this will be a good game as well as a good test for Argyle. However, I just don't see Pitt taking control of this game. Both offenses can score fast and often. Both offenses have "Speed" and playmakers. Argyle has a very solid run defense to go along with a pass rush. I don't think Pitts QB is gonna get a lot of time in the pocket to make big plays. That Argyle Defense is going to be a thorn in Pitss side. Special teams is going to be a big part of this game and Argyle will take away any chance of field position with their kicking game. Can't wait for this one. Eagles by 10

Aguilafanatico
11-17-2015, 08:20 PM
As the great Queen song goes.....
bum bum bum buda bum bum, Under Pressure!

Sparker
11-17-2015, 09:47 PM
Eagles Win!

Wayne
11-18-2015, 08:53 PM
This is probably the biggest game in 4a this week. Friday can't get here soon enough. I'm ready to watch 2 teams put it all on the line. I pray for a injury free game from both teams. I can promise you this, no matter what is said on these forums, Argyle is not taking Pitt lightly. Argyle will show up at Royce City prepared for battle for 4 quarters.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 08:18 AM
GAMEDAY is here. This will be the kind of game Texas High School football fans live for. Royse City is an excellent facility for this battle. GO EAGLES!!!

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 08:31 AM
Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend this game. I had planned to drive up for this one, but looks like business will keep me here in San Antonio. As a result, I will be here relating the play-by-play from the Argyle Broadcast team. Should be a good one. Cold weather tonite.....football weather.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:34 AM
Most of the East Texas contingent has Pittsburg winning this game over on Smoaky. I'm not sure the point spread should be at 13. Pitt has played a tougher schedule recently than Argyle, and has done very well. Argyle has not been tested since Celina and Paris. I'm hoping the early predistrict tough schedule combined with the improvement of the Eagles thru their district schedule will be enough to get them the win tonite. This Pitt team is big on the lines, has a very good qb and 3 good recievers, a 1500 yd rusher, and the qb Baca has rushed for 650 yds also. He's thrown for over 2450 yds. Their numbers are impressive against better competition.....but Argyle's numbers were stifled because the starters were out so much and the backups were playing many minutes. Still.....should be a very tough game for both teams and probably the very best game in 4A tonite as far as ranked teams go.

Kennedale vs Athens is another tough one to predict. These two matchups in Region 2 seem to be almost pickems. Then there's another close matchup in Region 2 with Kaufman vs Alvarado. Most pollsters have Kaufman as the clear favorite in this one, but you can just never count out Alvarado in the playoffs. They do have a worthy team this season.

waterboy
11-20-2015, 10:48 AM
What would you expect from an East Texas website, Regal? I really think Pittsburg "could" give y'all a real nailbiter, but I'm really not sure they are ready for the big stage yet. Pittsburg has faded quite a bit since about the middle of the season. They are kind of hot and cold. If they come out hot, look out. They definitely have some talent. I still think Argyle is more of a complete team, and have the definite advantage in experience in big game situations. I'm going with Argyle.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:50 AM
I truly believe the Argyle Eagles will win this game tonite in Royse City. And I'm gonna say they will win it because of the kicking game. Caleb Holt is perfect this season so far. I think his numbers are 29-29 in extra points and 11-11 in field goals with a long of 45 yds......but I could be wrong about the current numbers. I know he hasn't missed yet. Drew Estrada is the punter and back-up kicker, and both he and Holt can kick it into the end zone if the coaches tell them to. Estrada punts it rugby style like Ian Sadler did because Estrada is a very good soccer player, too. In a tight game like this with both teams having stellar defenses, scoring from inside the Red Zone may be the difference in this game. I have no idea whatsoever about Pitt's kicking game, but I like the fact that Argyle has such a good one. The only thing that matters is which team scores the most points.....not the final score itself. I think this will be a very hard-hitting game and very exciting to watch both offenses try to score against a very stingy defense. Argyle should have the advantage in the kicking game, and that may loom large in this kind of matchup. The EAGLES are ready to RUUUUUMBLE!!!!

movethechain
11-20-2015, 12:14 PM
I truly believe the Argyle Eagles will win this game tonite in Royse City. And I'm gonna say they will win it because of the kicking game. Caleb Holt is perfect this season so far. I think his numbers are 29-29 in extra points and 11-11 in field goals with a long of 45 yds......but I could be wrong about the current numbers. I know he hasn't missed yet. Drew Estrada is the punter and back-up kicker, and both he and Holt can kick it into the end zone if the coaches tell them to. Estrada punts it rugby style like Ian Sadler did because Estrada is a very good soccer player, too. In a tight game like this with both teams having stellar defenses, scoring from inside the Red Zone may be the difference in this game. I have no idea whatsoever about Pitt's kicking game, but I like the fact that Argyle has such a good one. The only thing that matters is which team scores the most points.....not the final score itself. I think this will be a very hard-hitting game and very exciting to watch both offenses try to score against a very stingy defense. Argyle should have the advantage in the kicking game, and that may loom large in this kind of matchup. The EAGLES are ready to RUUUUUMBLE!!!!

I know nothing about Pitt's kicking game, but just going off what I DO know about Pitt. There are about a million chicken houses around them and from my understanding, the folks that take care of all them chickens LOVE them some soccer. So, it would reason that the Pirates SHOULD have some excellent kickers to choose from. Please do not take this as a non-PC comment ... Just stating the facts. ;)

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 07:49 PM
Okay.....here I am in warm and sunny San Antonio tonite.....just got in.....ready to do the play-by-play here on the Texas Down Low forum for all you interested fans out there in football heaven, haha. Yep.....that's what we have here in Texas.....football heaven. But it's right out your back doors. We have a playoff in 4A going on here in San Antonio tonite.....China Spring vs LaFeria over at one of the many stadiums across the city having playoff football tonite. The weather here is just gorgeous.....about 72 degrees and no wind. Today would have been a great day on the golf course, but I had business obligations all day to handle. I'm in charge and write the checks, so with that the responsibility is attached. One of these days I hope I can just consult and pay somebody else to run my business. But for now, I'm the self-appointed numero uno. Just waiting for the broadcast to get underway at 7 pm.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 07:54 PM
I wanted to drive up for tonite's game, but had an avalanche of customers wanting their roofs put on before Christmas all of a sudden. They've had all summer to get it done.....I don't know why so many people wait til the last minute. But I'm not complaining about having the business......my crews are happy to have work this late in the season. Looks like I will stay busy right thru the holidays into the new year. But I will find time for Argyle playoff football if they keep winning......like next week, LOL!!!!

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 07:59 PM
Cuero and Devine also have a matchup here in San Antonio tonite at Heroes Stadium at 7:30 kickoff time.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 08:03 PM
The Sinton Pirates are playing the Llano Yellowjackets tonite at 7:30 kick here in San Antonio at Edgewood Veterans Stadium.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 08:07 PM
Lots of Class 4A action in San Antonio tonite, and here I sit on my computer as a loyal Argyllian, haha. It's still fairly early in the playoffs, but Argyle has a very tough matchup tonite in Royse City with the Pittsburg Pirates. Both teams are highly ranked in Division I, and both teams have only one loss for the season to a ranked opponent. Argyle's loss came against Celina and Pitt's loss was against Liberty Eylau. Big, Big game in Royse City tonite to see which team will advance and which team will go to the gym for basketball season. GO EAGLES!!!

bearbear78
11-20-2015, 08:09 PM
Eagles are gonna take it to another level tonight! Eagles dominate!

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 08:32 PM
Argyle wins the toss and defers to the 2nd half kickoff. Pittsburg will recieve and Argyle will defend the South End Zone. The gametime temperature is about 62 degrees.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 08:34 PM
Pitt will blitz tonite. Caleb Holt kicks it out of the end zone for a touchback. Pitt starts on their own 25 yd line. 1st down for Pitt. Brian Baca completes the pass out to the 33 yd line.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 08:34 PM
Interception by Colton Liggett of Argyle at the 47 of Pittsburg on 2nd down.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 08:35 PM
Pass to Chalk by Ledford on first down. Now a zoom sweep to the 30 for a first down.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 08:37 PM
Amazing run by Taylor Sweatt now down to the one foot line after launching himself from the 4 yd line. Now Sweatt takes it in for the touchdown. Caleb Holt kick is good.

Argyle 7
Pitt 0

10:48 1st

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 08:39 PM
Pitt is fast on offense. Kickoff is another touchback. Pitt starts again at its own 25. 1st down is a handoff to Tray Walker and he fumbles....Argyle's Casey Harper made the hit and Argyle recovers on the Pitt 23.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 08:41 PM
Incomplete pass on 1st down for Argyle. McCook for 3 yds on the sweep on 2nd . 3rd and 7 now. Pass is overthrown, but offsides on Pitt. Now 3rd and 3 for Argyle

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 08:42 PM
Pitch to Chalk and he barely gets tackled at the 13 for a first down.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 08:43 PM
Ledford pass to McCook incomplete and almost intercepted. 2nd and 10. The pass was a little behind the receiver. Pitch goes to Sweatt, and he is dropped for a yard loss. 3rd and 11 now for the Eagles

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 08:45 PM
Inside handoff to Sweatt down to the 5 yd line. Argyle will take the field goal here and take the 3 points. Ball is spotted at the 12 and the 22 yarder is good.

Argyle 10
Pitt 0

Two turnovers by Pitt and 2 scores converted by Argyle here early.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 08:46 PM
Kickoff is even deeper for a touchback. Pitt starts their 3rd series at the 25 now. 1st down for Pitt. Baca runs it for 7 yds . Nascar hurry up offense. Walker at the 30 for 3rd and 5 for Pitt.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 08:48 PM
Quick slant pass for incomplete, but Gage Campbell got away with a PI noncall. Now the Pitt punter kicks it into the rear end of the Pitt upback and Argyle recovers at the Pitt 25. It was blocked by an Argyle defender.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 08:50 PM
Ledford takes it for 3 yds on first down to the 19. 2nd and 7 and the handoff goes to Sweatt. He fumbles it and Pitt recovers it on their own 25. I believe the ball was stripped by a Pitt tackler.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 08:51 PM
Almost intercepted again, but incomplete. That pass went to Walker. Baca runs away from the rush, lobs it over the line and Spencer Cullen breaks up the pass at the last second. 4th and 10 and Pitt will punt it into a 15 mph wind.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 08:53 PM
Baca punts it away to Argyle. Argyle hands it off to Sweatt down to the 40 out of bounds for 4 yds on first down.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 08:55 PM
McCook to the 37 on the run. 3rd and 5 for Argyle. Ledford to Estrada down to the 12 yd line. Knocked out of bounds by Turner. Sweatt takes it in from the 12 for another TD.
Sweatt ran over Turner. Kick is good by Holt

Argyle 17
Pitt 0

Still in the 1st

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 08:58 PM
Estrada's kickoff goes into the end zone for a touchback. 1st and 10 for Pitt from the 25. Baca on the qb draw is thrown for a loss on 1st down. 2nd down. Bubble screen now complete for 8. 3rd and 5 pass to Kimble right at the first down marker. 1st down for Pitt.....first of the game for them.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 08:59 PM
Trey Walker picks up 9 on first down. Now a deep throw to a wideopen receiver is overthrown. 3rd and 9 after one yard by Walker

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:00 PM
Baca overthrows one deep out of bounds. 4th and 9 at the Pitt 47. Pitt calls timeout.

1:57 1st

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:02 PM
Baca punts it down to the 27 and now Drew Estrada runs back and catches that punt over his shoulder and runs it all the back to the Pitt 47.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:04 PM
Handoff to Estrada for 4 yds on first. Sweatt picks up 3 yds down to the 27. 3rd and 3 now for Argyle. Ledford hits Chalk right at the first down marker at the Pitt 25 for another first down for the EAgles.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:05 PM
Sweatt gains 5 yds before being hit out of bounds. Ledford gets a free play and throws it just a little long into the endzone. Offsides on Pitt.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:06 PM
2nd down just outside the 15 as Estrada picks up 10 yds down to the 5 yd line as the first quarter ends with Argyle knocking on the door again.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:08 PM
A flag on the play and Argyle will get another play with no time on the clock from the 20 yd line. Gage McCook gets the toss and cuts inside and takes it all the way for another Eagles TD on the final play of the 1st quarter. Holt kick is good.

Argyle 24
Pitt 0

End of 1st

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:12 PM
Kick goes to the 8 yd line against the wind and is taken out to the 25 yd line as Chase Estrada makes the tackle. Now a 10 yd penalty against Pitt for a block in the back. 1st down at the Pitt 11 yd line. Baca on the qb draw for 5 yds. 2nd and 5 for Pitt. Baca throws it deep, but great coverage by Gage Campbell goes incomplete. 3rd and 5. Baca under great pressure as he is hammered as he lets it go for incomplete. Baca punts it down to the Argyle 44 yd line. 3 and out for Pitt on that series.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:13 PM
1st down for the Eagles. Ledford keeps it and is hit late out of bounds, but no flag. He picked up 3 yds. 2nd and 7 now for Argyle. Handoff to Sweatt to the 42 of Pitt for another 1st down.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:15 PM
Eagles Oline is getting the job done . Now another completion to Estrada by Ledford for 12 yds. 1st and 10 from the 29 as Sweatt takes it down to the 24 for 5 yds.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:15 PM
Inside toss to JC Chalk only picks up 2 yds. ;3rd and 3 now for Argyle.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:17 PM
Sweatt straight up the middle down to the 9 yd line for another first down. 1st and goal for the Eagles from right at the 10. A loss on that run by Estrada of 5 yds. 2nd and 15 now for Argyle.

Eagle Nation
11-20-2015, 09:17 PM
This game became ugly real quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:18 PM
Ledford throws it over the middle to Estrada for another TD. A beautiful pass by Ledford there. Holt kick is good

Argyle 31
Pitt 0

7:37 in the 2nd

Nightmare in Royse City so far for Pittsburg

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:20 PM
Kickoff is fair caught at the 10 yd line by a Pitt player.....a big mistake.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:20 PM
Handoff to Tray Walker as he is hit hard at the LOS for a yard gain.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:21 PM
Walker again to the 16 yd line. 3rd and 4 for Pitt now.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:22 PM
Baca throws it to the 6'2 Dowell for a first down. He went up and caught that pass one-handed.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:23 PM
Baca on the keeper close to the LOS by Brett Lundy. Inside receiver catches it on a nice throw by Baca across the middle for another first down for Pitt.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:25 PM
Flag thrown and penalty against Pitt for low block. 1st down and 22 now for Pitt. Baca keeps it on the qb for only 3 yds. Looks like he has running run and the hole closes quickly every time. 2nd and 19 and Baca throws it deep just a little too long. 3rd and 19.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:27 PM
Quick slant and the receiver is brought down immediately for only 2 yds. 4th and 17 and Baca will punt it again. Now he punts it off the side of his foot for only a 12 yd punt with wind at his back.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:28 PM
Sweatt picks up only a couple on 1st down. Pitt's defensive line is big and tough to run up the middle on. Ledford hits Estrada with a dart for 7 yds. 3rd and 1 now for Argyle.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:30 PM
McCook picks up 12 yds for another Argyle first down. McCook option play takes it to edge and hits it into overdrive to outrun the defense to the pylon for a 35 yd score. Kick is good by Holt

Argyle 38
Pittsburg 0

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:33 PM
Kick bounces out of bounds on the 15 yd line. Pitt will start at their own 35. Baca keeps it on an option play up the middle all the way to the 45 yd line.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:36 PM
QB draw by Baca on the zone read across the 50 to the Argyle 49. Now he completes one to Kimble for 12 yds. 1:09 left in the half. Now here's a wide open pass to the 15 yd line and he walks in for the score. Porter makes that catch and the kick is good.

Argyle 38
Pitt 7

1:00 2nd qtr.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:38 PM
Argyle has a minute left in the half against the wind. Kick to Cullen and he pitches it to Estrada as he takes it 46 yds down the sideline before being knocked out of bounds at the Pitt 33.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:40 PM
1st down is incomplete, but a flag is thrown on that screen pass. Lineman downfield. 1st and 15 from the 39 now. Ledford pass is overthrown over the middle. Now a pass to Chalk down to the 30. Argyle calls a timeout with 30 secs. left in the half.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:41 PM
I believe its 3rd and 7 now for Argyle. Against the wind here. one timeout left for Argyle.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 09:44 PM
Ledford rolls right and throws it away. The field goal will be a 47 yarder against the wind from the right hash. Now a 5 yard penalty against Argyle will make this a 52 yarder into this wind. I don't think so. Estrada back now for the punt. It rolls out of bounds at the 8 yd line with 10 secs. left. Pitt does have the wind at their back if Baca wants to try a long one. Baca keeps it on the qb draw to end the half

Argyle 38
Pittsburg 7

Halftime

Caveman
11-20-2015, 09:48 PM
Ledford rolls right and throws it away. The field goal will be a 47 yarder against the wind from the right hash. Now a 5 yard penalty against Argyle will make this a 52 yarder into this wind. I don't think so. Estrada back now for the punt. It rolls out of bounds at the 8 yd line with 10 secs. left. Pitt does have the wind at their back if Baca wants to try a long one. Baca keeps it on the qb draw to end the half

Argyle 38
Pittsburg 7

Halftime

A lot of game left, but I got to say WOW!!!!! who'd a thunk?

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:01 PM
Argyle will receive the 2nd half kickoff with the wind at their back, I believe. I would say if the Eagles can get this game to the 4th quarter with a 21 point lead, then Pittsburg's chances will be looking very dire.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:04 PM
I'm sure Coach Baca and Coach Baca(sr.) have sat this Pitt team down and calmed them some for the 2nd half. I fully expect Pitt to play much better this half.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:06 PM
Argyle will need to clean up some of those stupid penalties and play better pass coverage, IMO. There's much work left to be done in this 2nd half. I've seen teams swap halfs and the game is very close right at the end of the game.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:07 PM
Argyle should be ready for some trick plays from Pitt in the 2nd half to get some quick scores. Watch out for an onside kick or goofy kick to start the 2nd half.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:11 PM
Argyle has so far controlled the LOS from both sides of the ball. But Baca can still lead this Pitt team to some quick scores and if Pitt can get a turnover or two, this game can change quickly.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:12 PM
Argyle's kicking game has ruled field position, and Pitt's kicking game has been nothing short of miserable.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:13 PM
Combine that with the turnovers and Pitt has a mountain to overcome in the 2nd half.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:14 PM
Estrada may have over 100 yds in just kick returns so far.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:16 PM
Pitt tries the onside kick very quickly out of the huddle and recovers it for Pitt. Argyle was not even set for the kickoff. Caught by surprise. See what I told you. Maybe I should be a coach, haha.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:18 PM
3rd and 7 for Pitt. Baca rolls left and hits the pass right at the first down marker. First down at the Argyle 39. Baca keeps it to the 34 now on first.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:20 PM
QB draw for Baca down to the 23 for another first down. Now a pass way underthrown as the reciever Dowell comes back for the catch at the 6. Quickly Baca on the keeper for the TD. Kick is good.

Argyle 38
Pitt 14

Pitt goes 48 yds quickly on that surprise quick onside kick recovery to score and make this game interesting all of a sudden.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:22 PM
Another onside kick is covered up by Argyle this time. Argyle on the Pitt 49 now on first down. Taylor Sweatt takes it down to the 43 for a 6 yd gain on first down.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:23 PM
Pass in the flat to Scott Smith for a first down with that 5 man defensive front that time. Pass to Chalk for a couple of yards on first.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:24 PM
Nice blocking on the right side by Ty Smith as Sweatt picks up a first down.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:24 PM
2nd and 7 from the Pitt 12 now.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:25 PM
Argyle running right at Pitt. Sweatt bounces it outside and runs it to the pylon just short of a TD. He's a very fast back and runs the 200 for Arygle.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:27 PM
One yard TD run for Drew Estrada for another Argyle TD. The offensive line for Argyle is just too tough for this Pitt D. Kick is good by Holt after an offsides penalty.

Argyle 45
Pitt 14

7:45 left in 3rd

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:29 PM
Estrada kicks this one thru the goalpost for a touchback. Pitt sets up at the 25 for first down. Zone option read and Baca losses 5 yds on first down.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:30 PM
Kennedale 20
Athens 19

4th qtr.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:31 PM
Catch up to the 29 for a completion. 3rd and 6 for Pitt. Baca throws and it is bobbled right at the 26. 4th and 4 now. Baca punts a low knuckle will be downed at the Argyle 44 yd line.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:32 PM
Sweatt stops in his tracks and picks up a yard.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:35 PM
Ledford rolls to his right to throw to an open Chalk, but the pass is batted away. 3rd and 9 and it stops the clock. Ledford rolls right and heaves it downfield for a catch at the 16. But they call him out of bounds. A sidejudge would have been able to make that call, but no ref was close. Estrada punts it 54 yds into the wind rugby style.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:36 PM
Pierce Davies makes the stop for one yard on that open field tackle. 2nd and 9 from the 20. Baca goes deep to Dowell and he makes an amazing one handed catch reaching back Odell Beckham style for a huge gain.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:37 PM
Baca is really fired up, but keeps it again and is stopped short of the firstdown. Now he keeps it and breaks a tackle down to the 39 for a first down.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:38 PM
Baca is a real playmaker. Loss of 5 back to the 44 now as he slips on that run.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:39 PM
2nd and 15 and Baca goes deep down to the 11 yd line on great coverage by Tarwater, but a great throw and a great catch that could not be better executed.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:39 PM
1st and 10 for Pitt at the Argyle 11 now.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:40 PM
Fakes a handoff and Baca keeps it on the qb draw for 2 yds.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:42 PM
Thrown out in the flat and a TD saving tackle by Hudson Speed. Baca does a Tim Tebow jumpball pass to Dowell for the TD pass. Dowell is tall and tough to defend. He has excellent hands. The kick is good.

Argyle 45
Pitt 21

Still in the 3rd

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:44 PM
Kick is deep this time to the 21 and McCook takes it down to the 31 yd line of Argyle. 1st and 10 for Argyle. Taylor Sweatt on the option for 2 yds. Harrison makes the big hit and that's the end of the 3rd qtr.

Argyle 45
Pittsburg 21

End of the 3rd

bearbear78
11-20-2015, 10:45 PM
It'll take a terrible night for the Eagles to stop them at this point. I don't see that happening. They're not letting off the gas until the ship is handed to them in Houston.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:46 PM
Ledford throws it deep and it's intercepted and run back by Pitt to the 50 yd line. He had a wide open reciever and the wind caught that ball to allow the defender to catch up and make that interception. He threw it too high and it hung up in the wind.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:48 PM
Now Pitt has a chance to close the score with another TD scoring drive if they can make a quick score. Argyle still leads by 24 points, but 2 turnovers here in the 2nd half by Argyle have helped Pitt to get right back into this game......just like I said at halftime. Geez, maybe I missed my calling

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:49 PM
Another huge play by Dowell as he breaks 3 tackles to take that pass down to the 15 yd line. Now Baca takes it down to the 7 as 2 Argyle tacklers hit each other and cancel out.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:50 PM
Lots of problems covering Dowell this half as they have been just throwing it up and letting him go up and get it. Now Baca down to the 2 yd line.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:51 PM
Pirates bring in Harrison for the full house backfield and he scores on that power set. Rodriguez kick is good.
Argyle 45
Pitt 28

4th qtr. early

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:53 PM
Kick bounces inside the 10 and goes out of bounds at the 4. It was one of those goofy knuckle ball kicks bouncing all over the place.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:54 PM
Argyle from the 30 gets a block and gains 26 yds to the Pitt 44 yd line.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:55 PM
Bubble screen to McCook goes nowhere for only one yard. They scored on that play in the first half. 2nd and 9. Handoff to Sweatt as he picks up 6. 3rd and almost 3.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:56 PM
Sweatt runs right and waits for the block as he runs it down to the 25 for another first down.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:57 PM
Sweatt down to the 23 now. Argyle playing the whole game here for the first time in 2 months. Another first down run by Sweatt down to the 17.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 10:58 PM
Some player for Pitt #33 disqualified for something on that play.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 11:04 PM
Zoomsweep to McCook to the 10 yd line now. 2nd and goal from the 7 yd line. Sweatt straight up the middle, breaks one tackle and runs over another for another TD for Argyle but flag on Pittsburg. Penalty assessed on kickoff. 70 yds on that series. Now another player is gone on that play on the extra point. I don't know what he did, but he's gone. Brad Baca is really upset with his player here. Personal foul on defense #79 and another foul on #12 for Pitt. All penalties enforced on the kickoff. Losing their composure. Kick is finally good by Holt.

Argyle 52
Pitt 28

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 11:06 PM
Holt is 62 for 62 on extra points and 12 for 12 on field goals. Argyle tries an onside kick and gets it on the 33 yd line at the Pitt 33 with those penalties assessed.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 11:07 PM
Sweatt takes it down to the 25 being patient and following his blockers for 8 yds.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 11:07 PM
Miscommunication in backfield and Sweatt loses 5 yds back to the 28 yd line.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 11:09 PM
Sweatt loses another yard on 3rd down. It will be 4th down here. A 46 yd field goal attempt is long enough, but wide right.....his first miss of the season. The ball will turn over on downs.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 11:10 PM
Brian Baca down to the 36 on that play. He's a real gamer and a 4.25 gpa....what a leader.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 11:11 PM
Pass complete to Porter for a pickup of 19 to the Argyle 48 yd line. Baca now down to the 30 on that screen.

bearbear78
11-20-2015, 11:12 PM
Regal your play by play updates are 2nd to NONE. Thanks for keeping them coming in

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 11:12 PM
Now an Argyle defender was going to intercept a pass and slipped down. Dow takes the catch down to the 5 yd line. Baca on the draw to the one.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 11:15 PM
Third and goal as Baca scores from the one. Baca is hammered on a ball thrown and the whistle blowing the play dead. Snapped over the head and the extra point is no good.

Argyle 52
Pitt 34

2:52 left

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 11:16 PM
I would expect another onside kick or linedrive type here.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 11:17 PM
Kicks it low and granny hops into Hudson Speed's breadbasket for Argyle.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 11:17 PM
Sweatt up the middle for 4 to the 48 yd line.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 11:19 PM
Sweatt stays in bounds at the 46 yd line as Pitt takes another timeout.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 11:20 PM
Taylor Sweatt dives but only gets 2 yds. Fourth and 2 for Argyle.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 11:22 PM
Argyle may just run this ball, but I think they will punt it. Argyle takes the penalty for no deep snapper on the field . Probably did that on purpose. Estrada can punt it into the end zone from the Pitt 44. But now it backs them up 5 more yards. Estrada punts it out of bounds at the 9 yd line.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 11:24 PM
Baca throws deep on the right side goes incomplete.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 11:26 PM
Another deep ball is picked off by Gage Campbell as he gets a Pick 6 and returns it all the way down the sideline for an Eagle TD. Kick is good.

Argyle 59
Pitt 34

bobcat1
11-20-2015, 11:27 PM
Nice win Eagles! Keep on winning!

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 11:27 PM
Congrats to Brian Baca and a very good Pittsburg team on a great season this year. A few too many mistakes early tonite or this game may have been much closer. Argyle gave up some turnovers in the 2nd half as well.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 11:28 PM
Baca throwing deep with a few plays left here in the game.

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 11:29 PM
Tray Walker all the way down to the 23 yd line on that pass. He was wide open out of the backfield with no one covering him.

Eagle Nation
11-20-2015, 11:30 PM
I heard next weeks game could be at SMU. I don't know how true that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 11:30 PM
Baca throws it over the middle incomplete and that is the final play of the game. Argyle advances to the next round.

Argyle 59
Pittsburg 34

Final

regaleagle
11-20-2015, 11:32 PM
This game wore me out!!! Too many passing plays and the game just kept going, and going, and going like an Eveready Battery.....Geez I'm glad it's over.

garciap77
11-20-2015, 11:48 PM
Congrats Argyle!