PDA

View Full Version : Ok Stephenville folks...

Bosqueville
11-15-2015, 10:04 AM
I have not seen anything about the game Friday night. What happened? What clicked? Who stood out?

Hollyville
11-15-2015, 12:45 PM
Size was a factor. Our O line controlled the LOS all night. We pounded the ball, over 300 yards rushing. Jones (soph QB) wasn't under much pressure and really had a great game - no pics and over 200 yards passing. Some changes where players are now playing both ways. 5 freshman are getting into the action.

hollywood
11-15-2015, 02:02 PM
Size was a factor. Our O line controlled the LOS all night. We pounded the ball, over 300 yards rushing. Jones (soph QB) wasn't under much pressure and really had a great game - no pics and over 200 yards passing. Some changes where players are now playing both ways. 5 freshman are getting into the action.

Great post Hollyville!

Hollyville
11-16-2015, 07:40 PM
If....if the Jackets continue to show up as this, I say Lions vs Jackets for Region1.

slingshot
11-16-2015, 07:51 PM
If....if the Jackets continue to show up as this, I say Lions vs Jackets for Region1.Not going to happen...

A) You've seen our defense. Our starters held you to 7 points in 3 1/2 quarters. Second touchdown was a trash score on 4th down pass as time expired against our 2nd and 3rd teamers.

B) Our offense is adjusting to several new starters that are growing into their roles--they weren't there yet against you last time. We also get two starting O-linemen and two defensive starters back this week that sat against you guys. Next time will not be as close.

Enjoy this week...

Hollyville
11-16-2015, 08:08 PM
Not going to happen...

A) You've seen our defense. Our starters held you to 7 points in 3 1/2 quarters. Second touchdown was a trash score on 4th down pass as time expired against our 2nd and 3rd teamers.

B) Our offense is adjusting to several new starters that are growing into their roles--they weren't there yet against you last time. We also get two starting O-linemen and two defensive starters back this week that sat against you guys. Next time will not be as close.

Enjoy this week...

Exciting stuff! Don't forget our special team gave you 14 points.

hollywood
11-16-2015, 08:23 PM
Not going to happen...

Enjoy this week...

Never say never slingshot... You've been in that predicament before going against the Jackets.. Multiple times. ;)

slingshot
11-16-2015, 08:58 PM
Never say never slingshot... You've been in that predicament before going against the Jackets.. Multiple times. ;)True... and you know how the last two have turned out. ;) Big difference is you don't have the soon to be D1 players at QB and WR you did in '12. You are right though about the 'never say never' part... anything CAN happen, just don't think it will in this case.

#1 TEXAN
11-16-2015, 09:37 PM
True... and you know how the last two have turned out. ;) Big difference is you don't have the soon to be D1 players at QB and WR you did in '12. You are right though about the 'never say never' part... anything CAN happen, just don't think it will in this case.

I think Wylie takes region 1 with ease.

ccmom
11-16-2015, 09:56 PM

Let me preface this by saying, I'm really not being a smarty pants for once.

Of course I remember the muffed punt return by Ville that Wylie took in for a TD. I also remember an interception by the Wylie D around the Ville 10 yard line that resulted in a TD a couple plays later. I don't remember the other 7 points given up by your special teams that you are referring to. Help out my terrible memory. :confused:

95mustang
11-16-2015, 10:40 PM
I think Wylie takes region 1 with ease.

The Region 1 final will be a good one. Wylie, Ville, Andrews, and Brownwood can all be solid.

slingshot
11-16-2015, 10:42 PM
I think Wylie takes region 1 with ease.With ease? Doubt it, but I like our chances...

Hollyville
11-17-2015, 08:17 AM
Let me preface this by saying, I'm really not being a smarty pants for once.

Of course I remember the muffed punt return by Ville that Wylie took in for a TD. I also remember an interception by the Wylie D around the Ville 10 yard line that resulted in a TD a couple plays later. I don't remember the other 7 points given up by your special teams that you are referring to. Help out my terrible memory. :confused:

Glad to help! Our special teams messed up once again, missed an opportunity to catch the ball, but decided to allow it to roll out of bounds at the 1. Placing our QB in the endzone with the pressure of digging out. Results a tipped ball for interception. 14 points due to special teams.

ccmom
11-17-2015, 11:53 AM
Glad to help! Our special teams messed up once again, missed an opportunity to catch the ball, but decided to allow it to roll out of bounds at the 1. Placing our QB in the endzone with the pressure of digging out. Results a tipped ball for interception. 14 points due to special teams.

Oh gosh, I remember now. That was BAD.

nobogey72
11-17-2015, 12:36 PM

And we appreciated it. You act like those points don't count or something. Maybe the Jackets should try to improve on special teams.:stirpot:

garciap77
11-17-2015, 06:29 PM
The honey bees will win this years championship! Are they still in 3a?

Hollyville
11-17-2015, 07:05 PM
Oh gosh, I remember now. That was BAD.

LOL! Yes it was. BAD is the word.

Hollyville
11-17-2015, 07:08 PM
And we appreciated it. You act like those points don't count or something. Maybe the Jackets should try to improve on special teams.:stirpot:

The points counted and will count once again if we do those things. My hope is that if we don't do those things, the chance of winning becomes plausible.