PDA

View Full Version : Best and Loudest fans?

orange machine
11-14-2015, 08:48 PM
Who has the best team spirit with the best crowds and loudest? Celina used to have a very harassing loud crowd.

WOS87
11-14-2015, 08:49 PM
That's an oxymoron. I prefer quiet fans. Guess I'm getting old lol.

orange machine
11-14-2015, 08:52 PM
That's an oxymoron. I prefer quiet fans. Guess I'm getting old lol.

A big loud crowd can seriously be a 12th man.

95mustang
11-14-2015, 09:11 PM
That probably depends on how well they travel. Some of the loudest I have witnessed are:

Brownwood
Stephenville and their dam cans
Abilene Wylie
Gilmer (Glimer)
Wimberly in 2009

WOS87
11-14-2015, 09:14 PM
From my experience over almost 40 years PN-G has always been the loudest. AND they travel. Plano vs PNG 1977 was insane.

Roughneck93
11-14-2015, 09:25 PM
From my experience over almost 40 years PN-G has always been the loudest. AND they travel. Plano vs PNG 1977 was insane.

I agree. I remember watching a PNG game at the Astrodome...loud and filled their side completely up. Never seen anything like it.

Bosqueville
11-14-2015, 09:39 PM
Brownwood and Burnet.

orange machine
11-14-2015, 09:44 PM

Wasn't alive in 1977. Prosper has some insanely Loyd crowds.

WOS87
11-14-2015, 09:49 PM
How was PNG vs Stephenville 1999 at the Astrodome? I didn't make that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlkDUqcAhJ0

Roughneck93
11-14-2015, 10:11 PM

Yeah that was it, we sat in the endzone...sea of purple on one side of the Dome.

clcannon17
11-14-2015, 11:23 PM
Brownwood, but I may be a bit biased. That being said, if you go back to the 2010 season, we packed every stadium but one. (Jerryworld obviously)
And so far it's been the same way this year.

OLE'BULL
11-15-2015, 12:07 AM
Sinton! Or at least they did in the early 2000's, same goes for Burnet. We (Bellville) have great fans that are loud and travel well, but I was impressed with Sinton/Burnet fans (and teams!) when we played them back then!

Rabid Cougar
11-15-2015, 10:04 AM
A big loud crowd can seriously be a 12th man.

And TAMU's legal department will be giving you call. :cool:

clcannon17
11-15-2015, 11:31 AM
And TAMU's legal department will be giving you call. :cool:

Doesn't Seattle pay for the right to use the phrase "twelfth man". I remember reading it. Was a pretty big chunk of change.

pirate4state
11-15-2015, 11:41 AM
Sinton! Or at least they did in the early 2000's, same goes for Burnet. We (Bellville) have great fans that are loud and travel well, but I was impressed with Sinton/Burnet fans (and teams!) when we played them back then!

We travel very well, but the majority of our fans get complacent and act like they are in church instead of a football game :rolleyes:

We were pretty loud in our game last year vs West Orange Stark b/c the stadium wouldn't allow our cowbells :tongue: :thmbdwn::flaming::foul:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-15-2015, 11:52 AM
We travel very well, but the majority of our fans get complacent and act like they are in church instead of a football game :rolleyes:

We were pretty loud in our game last year vs West Orange Stark b/c the stadium wouldn't allow our cowbells :tongue: :thmbdwn::flaming::foul:LOL! I used noise maker I bought from Sinton cheerleaders last year(water bottle jug) during pregame and cop came over saying I couldn't use that. Oh well went to smaller noise makers after that.

pirate4state
11-15-2015, 12:19 PM
LOL! I used noise maker I bought from Sinton cheerleaders last year(water bottle jug) during pregame and cop came over saying I couldn't use that. Oh well went to smaller noise makers after that.

In Kingsville or last year?

One of my cousins said they told her she couldn't bring in her cowbell on Friday. She was pissed when she got up to the stands and we all had ours LOL. We had ours in our bags and she was just trying to walk in with her's in her hand. I have NEVER had an issue at Kingsville, but I know more & more stadiums are going with the "no noise makers" allowed policy. I don't get that AT ALL!?!?!? I guess someone got knocked in the head one too many times with a cowbell!?!?!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-15-2015, 12:26 PM

One of my cousins said they told her she couldn't bring in her cowbell on Friday. She was pissed when she got up to the stands and we all had ours LOL. We had ours in our bags and she was just trying to walk in with her's in her hand. I have NEVER had an issue at Kingsville, but I know more & more stadiums are going with the "no noise makers" allowed policy. I don't get that AT ALL!?!?!? I guess someone got knocked in the head one too many times with a cowbell!?!?!yea this past game in Kiingsville, cop said I had to take it back to car, he didn't see all the other stuff though so only took back that jug. Cowbells were used plenty.

BwdLion73
11-15-2015, 02:16 PM
The no noise maker policy is because of Wylie fans.
They would bring their wine goblets and a spoon to tap on the side during the game. Someone cracked their glass and dripped some red wine on an evening gown.

In our area Brownwood has it's cowbells, Stephenville is know for its Cans/propane with BB's etc. Other than those annoying Train horns what unusual noise makers are used?

vtskneb
11-15-2015, 02:30 PM

INSANE! Never seen any high school support like that in my life. I thought we traveled well when we are winning, PNG gets my vote.

slingshot
11-15-2015, 05:44 PM
Brownwood, but I may be a bit biased. That being said, if you go back to the 2010 season, we packed every stadium but one. (Jerryworld obviously)
And so far it's been the same way this year.IF (Big If) Brownwood and Wylie make it to the Region 1 Final can not wait for the atmosphere--both team's fans are loud and travel VERY well, strong rivalry developing, game will be within easy travel distance for both and it will be December Football. Lions last played in December in 2010, we were last there in 2009. Just gotta both keep winning to make it...

95mustang
11-15-2015, 06:42 PM
IF (Big If) Brownwood and Wylie make it to the Region 1 Final can not wait for the atmosphere--both team's fans are loud and travel VERY well, strong rivalry developing, game will be within easy travel distance for both and it will be December Football. Lions last played in December in 2010, we were last there in 2009. Just gotta both keep winning to make it...

Think Coleman could hold the fans for this game?....😎

slingshot
11-15-2015, 07:21 PM
Think Coleman could hold the fans for this game?....��Nope. Would anticipate 7000-8000+ unless there is inclement weather. San Angelo? Problem is BWD just played there, maybe Mineral Wells? Would not be at all surprised if it were in the Metroplex.

slingshot
11-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Let's not count our chickens... well, you know the rest.

ccmom
11-15-2015, 10:28 PM
The no noise maker policy is because of Wylie fans.
They would bring their wine goblets and a spoon to tap on the side during the game. Someone cracked their glass and dripped some red wine on an evening gown.

In our area Brownwood has it's cowbells, Stephenville is know for its Cans/propane with BB's etc. Other than those annoying Train horns what unusual noise makers are used?

That's ridiculous! Everybody knows WHITE wine goes with popcorn! :rolleyes: ;)

Tejastrue
11-15-2015, 10:30 PM
Lol!!!

caleb_mccaig
11-15-2015, 11:08 PM
Stephenville and their cans are insanely loud IMO, I love it.

Most I've personally played in front of was the China Spring vs. La Vega game in 07 at Floyd Casey. I believe I heard a number around 20,000 were in attendance. I just remember during pre-game warm-up there wasn't that many people there then when we took the field I was amazed.

Caveman
11-16-2015, 12:38 AM

One of my cousins said they told her she couldn't bring in her cowbell on Friday. She was pissed when she got up to the stands and we all had ours LOL. We had ours in our bags and she was just trying to walk in with her's in her hand. I have NEVER had an issue at Kingsville, but I know more & more stadiums are going with the "no noise makers" allowed policy. I don't get that AT ALL!?!?!? I guess someone got knocked in the head one too many times with a cowbell!?!?!

Austin College told us no noise makers. Cited an NCAA rule. Did some research and found out it was bogus. Took my can next time. Loudest crowd I heard was Decatur 2009. Fortunately, they got quiet by the
3rd Q.

YTBulldogs
11-16-2015, 09:19 AM
One of the loudest fan bases I heard was in 2009 between Cuero and Gilmer at Bowers Stadium in Huntsville. Freaking freezing, and both stands were rocking. Gilmer side, the entire fan base would partake in chants and all move in sync. One of the best games I ever seen. Cuero best team IMO, Gilmer best athlete in Stump. IMO, this was the state game that year.

For the record, Cuero fan's are always loud and fun to witness. Hard hat man is kinda slowing down. Might be time to get his replacement in training.

Tink4392
11-16-2015, 10:22 AM
Stephenville
Abilene Wylie
Cisco, for how small of a town they are, they have some rowdy fans, especially the ladies that dress up and play on there trash cans!

Tink4392
11-16-2015, 10:26 AM
yea this past game in Kiingsville, cop said I had to take it back to car, he didn't see all the other stuff though so only took back that jug. Cowbells were used plenty.

I remember back in the 90s and early 00s Buckie would shake his propane can with the student section, man were those some loud noise makers!

BwdLion73
11-16-2015, 12:35 PM
That's ridiculous! Everybody knows WHITE wine goes with popcorn! :rolleyes: ;)

:p:thumbsup:

Rabid Cougar
11-16-2015, 03:14 PM
Aledo Stadium rules bans noise makers. A lot of the new playoff venues are going that way.

garciap77
11-17-2015, 09:29 PM
ROCKET!!!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/268kv2-1.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/268kv2-1.jpg.html)

poisoned10
11-17-2015, 09:50 PM
One of the loudest fan bases I heard was in 2009 between Cuero and Gilmer at Bowers Stadium in Huntsville. Freaking freezing, and both stands were rocking. Gilmer side, the entire fan base would partake in chants and all move in sync. One of the best games I ever seen. Cuero best team IMO, Gilmer best athlete in Stump. IMO, this was the state game that year.

For the record, Cuero fan's are always loud and fun to witness. Hard hat man is kinda slowing down. Might be time to get his replacement in training.

Came here to mention this game. By far the most fun I've had attending a game. Both crowds were loud the entire game. By the time the 2nd quarter rolled around, I had lost my voice and had a pounding headache from all the screaming I did. Totally worth it!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk