PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell vs La Marque

Global Swarming
11-14-2015, 04:24 PM
Caldwell will match-up against La Marque next weekend. Don't know anything about La Marque other than they always have a really good team. I know that they lost their first 2 games to higher classification teams. I looked on Max Preps at their schedule and it doesn't look overwhelming. Does anyone have any insight on them?

WOS87
11-14-2015, 04:29 PM
They aren't saying much as the morale seems to be a little down with everything going on there and they had a couple of close calls against Sweeny and Kashmere but they know how to pull out a win when it comes down to it. Definitely don't overlook them. If things go our way we'll get to see one of you two in round 3 so good luck! I guarantee there will be quite a few WOS scouts at this one.

Global Swarming
11-14-2015, 04:49 PM
It's very sad to see the news of their school closing. I can't imagine going to the same school my whole life only to find out that it's going to close and have to go to another school. I very seriously doubt that Caldwell will over-look them. I kind of think that's what we did last night against Columbus. It was a lot closer than we liked.

cougartino
11-14-2015, 05:25 PM
The district, not the schools are closing. No nearby district has the logistics or space to accommodate the number of LMISD students. The campuses are most likely to be annexed by Texas City ISD. Although the west end of Texas City lies within the LMISD boarders, the schools lie within the city of La Marque. My hope is, they don't change the name to West Texas City High School and/or change the mascot and color scheme.

As far as the game is concerned, we have the talent to complete. But we're only going as far as the coaching will take us. There is one more note that I'm proud of (one the local fish wrap refused to report). The varsity team has nine players (more than any team in the county) who attend the collegiate high school at the local college, and will graduate with their associates degree first. Our right offensive tackle is on schedule to be the class valedictorian.

Global Swarming
11-14-2015, 06:08 PM
This whole thing is confusing to me. We have a school in our county that is being annexed also. Their test scores have not met the standard so they'really going to have to find another school for those kids.

Global Swarming
11-15-2015, 12:30 AM
Caldwell vs LA Marque 7:30 Friday in Huffman.