panfan
11-14-2015, 12:27 PM
Round 2. Who ya got?

slingshot
11-14-2015, 12:53 PM
LH. Big...

Rocket Man
11-14-2015, 01:49 PM
Barneys win and get the Pirates (I predict they will win their Round 2 game) in round 3.

LHAG
11-14-2015, 05:55 PM
The Hill!

solocam
11-14-2015, 07:52 PM
Cats roll on

LHPfactory
11-14-2015, 08:05 PM
Game This Friday Night @ 7:30

@ Canyon Lake Hawks Stadium

ckev2003
11-15-2015, 03:34 PM
Who's the home team?

panfan
11-16-2015, 08:56 AM
Dang, no apache fans on here.

RkptFltn
11-16-2015, 09:18 AM
There are some, they are just hiding. Im hoping for an RF vs LH rematch. Hoping is the key word

Snotbubbles
11-16-2015, 09:24 AM
Will not be close, our district mate's season comes to an end. 50-13 LH.

greendawg84
11-16-2015, 09:26 AM
Da Hill rolls on .

Rabid Cougar
11-16-2015, 09:34 AM
Barney and Baby Bops win.

panfan
11-16-2015, 09:36 AM
There are some, they are just hiding. Im hoping for an RF vs LH rematch. Hoping is the key word

Us to - and then a rematch with Navasota. But, we won't look ahead, just one game at a time. For now its the Apaches. Like Burnet, come the following Monday, break out the gym shoes and basketballs.

buff4ever
11-16-2015, 09:58 AM
Who's the home team?

Doesn't matter, lh wins by a lot.

Gontex
11-16-2015, 01:55 PM
I have to weigh in here on this game. While it is true that LH should be favored by a large margin, it should be noted that the Apaches may not be as bad as their 5-6 record might indicate. All 6 losses that the Apaches have endured this year, Giddings, Bellville, Navarro, Yoakum, Cuero and LaVernia, have been to teams that are still playing football in the playoffs. I suspect that 5 of them will probably advance to rd. 3 . The reason all 6 will not advance is because Yoakum and Navarro are playing each other. Apaches have some excellent athletes and I'm sure they are going to bring their best game.

ckev2003
11-16-2015, 01:57 PM
I just found out that LH will be the home team!!

The reason I was concerned about who was home is that the visitors side of this stadium is extremely small. The home side is not that large either but its better than the visitor side. You would have to get there way early just to have a seat in the stadium.

And to that, why in the world are we playing this game here? I know that some other stadiums in the general area had games already in place but still, there has got to be a larger stadium than this. Heck, you can even make this a Saturday game!!

Cam
11-16-2015, 06:22 PM

.....shouldn't be a problem....you just gotta get by La Vega University!....cause them boys look like a small college team!......but if their size don't scare ya....their speed will....nevertheless, I think they can still be had as Burnet almost proved...It was 22-7 until their trick plays and improvising did Burnet in...and that's a credit to LV and their speed demons........LV likes to run and that's it.....passing is weak but they simply don't have to.....they will get careless and put the ball on the ground....so best be ready to jump on their mistakes...otherwise, RF in for a long night......good luck.....

Rabid Cougar
11-17-2015, 11:08 AM
.....shouldn't be a problem....you just gotta get by La Vega University!....cause them boys look like a small college team!......but if their size don't scare ya....their speed will....nevertheless, I think they can still be had as Burnet almost proved...It was 22-7 until their trick plays and improvising did Burnet in...and that's a credit to LV and their speed demons........LV likes to run and that's it.....passing is weak but they simply don't have to.....they will get careless and put the ball on the ground....so best be ready to jump on their mistakes...otherwise, RF in for a long night......good luck.....

What I would say only without the .......

Cam
11-17-2015, 02:28 PM
What I would say only without the .......

....it's my trademark and you know you love it!.......:D.....and I've noticed a few folks starting to do it as well!!...:doh::doh:

.....and it's all Greendawg's fault!.....

greendawg84
11-17-2015, 02:40 PM
....it's my trademark and you know you love it!.......:D.....and I've noticed a few folks starting to do it as well!!...:doh::doh:

.....and it's all Greendawg's fault!.....

NO ...... you ..... started ..... that.....

buff4ever
11-17-2015, 03:09 PM
I think I would like cam if I ever met him.......problem is I havent......he could never paint as well as I do anyway.....

Cam
11-17-2015, 09:04 PM
I think I would like cam if I ever met him.......problem is I havent......he could never paint as well as I do anyway.....

I don't know about liking me if you met me buff......things usually take a turn for the worse after meeting other Downlowers......for example: Greendawg don't like me cause he claims I blame everything on him!......panfan don't like me cause I call his beloved team nicknames...plus I'm taller and prettier than him.......D51 don't like me cause he knows I hate the color purple........Stardog don't like me cause I still use an old flip phone...rabid cougar don't like me cause he saw me wearin' a UT sweatshirt and I stepped on his chain........and Rocket Man don't like me cause we disagree on what soap opera is the best....I like "Days Of Our Lives"...he prefers "The Young And The Restless"!!!...there's just no connection between he and I!!!..............as for paintin' better than me, I wouldn't be so sure....after all, I am kin to Diego Rivera!.......:crazy1:.......put one of these in front of me and I turn into a regular paint slingin' virtuoso!......
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/color.jpg

garciap77
11-17-2015, 09:08 PM
Round 2. Who ya got?

Liberty Hill!:2thumbsup

Super_R
11-18-2015, 08:22 AM
LH will rumble on.

Come on with the Come on!

panfan
11-18-2015, 08:55 AM
I don't know about liking me if you met me buff......things usually take a turn for the worse after meeting other Downlowers......for example: Greendawg don't like me cause he claims I blame everything on him!......panfan don't like me cause I call his beloved team nicknames...plus I'm taller and prettier than him.......D51 don't like me cause he knows I hate the color purple........Stardog don't like me cause I still use an old flip phone...rabid cougar don't like me cause he saw me wearin' a UT sweatshirt and I stepped on his chain........and Rocket Man don't like me cause we disagree on what soap opera is the best....I like "Days Of Our Lives"...he prefers "The Young And The Restless"!!!...there's just no connection between he and I!!!..............as for paintin' better than me, I wouldn't be so sure....after all, I am kin to Diego Rivera!.......:crazy1:.......put one of these in front of me and I turn into a regular paint slingin' virtuoso!......

You must have me confused with G-dawg. Hey Burnet guys - nice to see ya'll back, how's b-ball season kicking off.

greendawg84
11-18-2015, 09:17 AM
You must have me confused with G-dawg. Hey Burnet guys - nice to see ya'll back, how's b-ball season kicking off.

Hell everybody is taller than me ! I am what one might call height challenged . Basketball ????? What is that ??? Its now baseball season !

Cam
11-18-2015, 11:26 AM
Hell everybody is taller than me ! I am what one might call height challenged . Basketball ????? What is that ??? Its now baseball season !

yup....my boy been wearing me out for weeks getting ready for baseball....good thing I'm ambidextrous and have no problem throwing or catching with either arm......otherwise, I'd a blown a gasket in my shoulder already!!!.......

Cam
11-18-2015, 11:32 AM

.....panfan....don't you have to go to Idaho or something?.......

panfan
11-18-2015, 12:41 PM
.....panfan....don't you have to go to Idaho or something?.......

Been there done that for this week, Im here all week! :p

panfan
11-18-2015, 12:43 PM
I have to weigh in here on this game. While it is true that LH should be favored by a large margin, it should be noted that the Apaches may not be as bad as their 5-6 record might indicate. All 6 losses that the Apaches have endured this year, Giddings, Bellville, Navarro, Yoakum, Cuero and LaVernia, have been to teams that are still playing football in the playoffs. I suspect that 5 of them will probably advance to rd. 3 . The reason all 6 will not advance is because Yoakum and Navarro are playing each other. Apaches have some excellent athletes and I'm sure they are going to bring their best game.

We would expect nothing less than for them to bring their best game. I'm looking forward to a great game between these two teams.

greendawg84
11-18-2015, 01:33 PM
Been there done that for this week, Im here all week! :p

Lucky us !

Rocket Man
11-18-2015, 01:49 PM

You're such a liar; I prefer General Hospital and it is the best (Luke & Laura baby!!!)

Sorry LH folks, this is totally unrelated to football, but I couldn't let CAM get away with such a bold faced lie.

Speaking of the game; unless LH falls apart, they will beat Gonzales convincingly.

Cam
11-18-2015, 02:14 PM
You're such a liar; I prefer General Hospital and it is the best (Luke & Laura baby!!!)

Sorry LH folks, this is totally unrelated to football, but I couldn't let CAM get away with such a bold faced lie.

Speaking of the game; unless LH falls apart, they will beat Gonzales convincingly.

......NO WAY ese!.....Luke's still doin' GH???.....dang!.....I was listening to HEAD EAST records when he first came on!........:doh::doh:

Rocket Man
11-18-2015, 02:31 PM
......NO WAY ese!.....Luke's still doin' GH???.....dang!.....I was listening to HEAD EAST records when he first came on!........:doh::doh:

Luke & Laura still going strong baby!!!

greendawg84
11-18-2015, 02:40 PM

Now this has to be a first time ever there has been a discussion on Soap Operas on the downlow ! Yikes

Rabid Cougar
11-18-2015, 02:51 PM

BOTH OF YOU Turn in your man card.

Dancing With The Stars is acceptable because of the barely naked hot women dancers.

Day time soaps?

No go.

buff4ever
11-18-2015, 02:56 PM

Dancing With The Stars is acceptable because of the barely naked hot women dancers.

Day time soaps?

No go.

......amen.........

.....but I don't watch dancing with the stars either....

Cam
11-18-2015, 02:57 PM
......amen.........

.....but I don't watch dancing with the stars either....

...but I'll bet if they asked you to body paint some of them gals you'd be there!.....

Cam
11-18-2015, 02:58 PM

Day time soaps?

No go.

:taunt:.....hey wait a minute...isn't this a game thread of some sorts?....

buff4ever
11-18-2015, 02:58 PM
...but I'll bet if they asked you to body paint some of them gals you'd be there!.....

Done.......when......I'm there.....I have some vacation time set aside...

Rocket Man
11-18-2015, 04:44 PM

Day time soaps?

No go.

Luke/Laura is THE exception to that rule..........actually, I haven't watched it since the 80's (it was good stuff man, had espionage, intrigue, murder, love triangle....oh yeah...plus, remember we only had 3 TV stations back then)

Oh yeah, Liberty Hill should win as long as they don't lose.

Cam
11-18-2015, 05:18 PM
Luke/Laura is THE exception to that rule..........actually, I haven't watched it since the 80's (it was good stuff man, had espionage, intrigue, murder, love triangle....oh yeah...plus, remember we only had 3 TV stations back then)

Oh yeah, Liberty Hill should win as long as they don't lose.

.....are you for serious RM?.....I ain't never watched a soap in my life.....I remember way back they used to say Australia's soaps were way better cause they were pretty sleazy.....I waited for years to see if cable would start broadcasting them....instead, we got the Wiggles and Farscape!!!...:rolleyes:......

and you're right....the Barneys should win as long as they score more points.........:vrycnfsd:

Rocket Man
11-18-2015, 05:34 PM
.....are you for serious RM?.....I ain't never watched a soap in my life.....I remember way back they used to say Australia's soaps were way better cause they were pretty sleazy.....I waited for years to see if cable would start broadcasting them....instead, we got the Wiggles and Farscape!!!...:rolleyes:......

and you're right....the Barneys should win as long as they score more points.........:vrycnfsd:

Yeah man, I got hooked on it one summer, we lived in a trailer house in the boonies (not much to do w/out a car - rode to work with my brother) and I watched it with my Mom and Sister. I worked in a restaurant, so I was home during the daytime. We only had one TV.

Of course I'm right, the Barneys win if they don't lose and move on the next round against La Vega who should also win if they don't lose (this might be a game worth traveling to Round Rock area to see).

panfan
11-20-2015, 12:33 PM
Game Day. Hope the Apaches got their loin clothes cinched up good and tight. Panthers are bringing it tonight.
Oh and Go Army, Beat Navy!

KingRob
11-20-2015, 08:27 PM
I just found out that LH will be the home team!!

The reason I was concerned about who was home is that the visitors side of this stadium is extremely small. The home side is not that large either but its better than the visitor side. You would have to get there way early just to have a seat in the stadium.

And to that, why in the world are we playing this game here? I know that some other stadiums in the general area had games already in place but still, there has got to be a larger stadium than this. Heck, you can even make this a Saturday game!!

I just looked up the stadium on Texas Bobs. You're right, that's a small stadium for a playoff game.