PDA

View Full Version : Sinton Pirates (10-0) vs Llano Yellow Jackets (4-7) Area Round DII

SintonFan_inAustin
11-14-2015, 11:01 AM
Friday 7:30 pm 11/20 @ San Antonio Edgewood Veterans Stadium
1650 Thompson Pl, San Antonio, TX 78226

1st and goal
11-14-2015, 11:05 AM
another over match.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-14-2015, 11:12 AM
Sinton scored on their opening drive in 2nd half against Raymondville to increase the lead to 34-0 and started replacing starters right after that. Even the JV qb was able to see some playing time this past game. We'll see how things go this week, not sure Sinton has ever played Llano in football before.

pirate4state
11-14-2015, 02:32 PM
Sinton scored on their opening drive in 2nd half against Raymondville to increase the lead to 34-0 and started replacing starters right after that. Even the JV qb was able to see some playing time this past game. We'll see how things go this week, not sure Sinton has ever played Llano in football before.

I don't think we have. I know we've played them in baseball.

PurplePop
11-14-2015, 04:59 PM
Llano is small, but don't be deceived by their size. They are coached very well on defense. (Offense is the typical, brutally ineffective spread for a team without the players to run it.) But, those Llano kids know how to shed blocks and make tackles. I was really impressed. A peak at their "Points Allowed" shows them in top half of 4A-DII which is surprising when you see their size. Fun team to watch ... on defense.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-14-2015, 06:38 PM
I don't think we have. I know we've played them in baseball.yea I remember Sinton baseball playing them and maybe in basketball also.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-14-2015, 06:44 PM
Llano is small, but don't be deceived by their size. They are coached very well on defense. (Offense is the typical, brutally ineffective spread for a team without the players to run it.) But, those Llano kids know how to shed blocks and make tackles. I was really impressed. A peak at their "Points Allowed" shows them in top half of 4A-DII which is surprising when you see their size. Fun team to watch ... on defense.yea overall size is small but some decent speed looks like from their video Both teams will be ready, great Sinton gets to face school they've never seen before on the football field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utdh7Brq0tw

pirate4state
11-15-2015, 06:50 PM
https://llanoplaytowin.wordpress.com/

10ForTheWin
11-15-2015, 07:01 PM
I gotta say I'm impressed with Llano, amazing turn around from last year!

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

SintonFan_inAustin
11-15-2015, 10:25 PM
https://llanoplaytowin.wordpress.com/Good read, this will most likely be a tougher opponent than the last game.

GO Pirates!!!

Tejastrue
11-15-2015, 10:27 PM
Sorry..that guy is a bit delirious..lol

PurplePop
11-16-2015, 03:33 AM
Good read, this will most likely be a tougher opponent than the last game.

GO Pirates!!!

That was a good read, but he kind of lost it at the end and, like Tejas said, got delirious. Like I said in another post, Llano's D is fun to watch. But, their O just doesn't have the weapons.

RkptFltn
11-16-2015, 09:25 AM
yea overall size is small but some decent speed looks like from their video Both teams will be ready, great Sinton gets to face school they've never seen before on the football field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utdh7Brq0tw

Kid got walloped at 3:32

Snotbubbles
11-16-2015, 09:31 AM
If Llano can hold state powerhouse Navarro to their lowest output (31) on the season, they have some game. Pirates 70-0. :wave:

pirate4state
11-16-2015, 05:23 PM
If Llano can hold state powerhouse Navarro to their lowest output (31) on the season, they have some game. Pirates 70-0. :wave:

there is no way we score 70.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-16-2015, 06:19 PM
there is no way we score 70.Coach would have to not be looking for it to happen, somebody distract him lol. 1 pt win or 20 pt win don't matter just get the win and move on to next game healthy.

dog40
11-17-2015, 09:44 AM
https://llanoplaytowin.wordpress.com/

This guy is delirious! He is the same guy that bashes the coaches decision/play calling when they don't win from looking at his previous articles. Thinks he invented football. Sorry, CC was not a quality opponent even if their record was 8-2. They are a 4A school playing 2A schools in non-district. However, all that being said Congrats to Llano for winning the game. Good luck against Sinton.

Breacher9
11-17-2015, 11:20 AM
Sinton wins big in this game. Would be good to see the Orange Grove/Sinton matchup next week. Hopefully Sinton comes out injury free. I see the reserves coming in the 3rd quarter. And that Orange Grove can it done and represent South texas. Possibly Sinton vs. Orange Grove at Buc Stadium in corpus?? That would be exciting.

pirate4state
11-17-2015, 11:26 AM
Sinton wins big in this game. Would be good to see the Orange Grove/Sinton matchup next week. Hopefully Sinton comes out injury free. I see the reserves coming in the 3rd quarter. And that Orange Grove can it done and represent South texas. Possibly Sinton vs. Orange Grove at Buc Stadium in corpus?? That would be exciting.

I hope we come away injury free too! A Sinton/OG match-up over Thanksgiving weekend in the Coastal Bend would be AWESOME! We both have to take care of business this week though! GO PIRATES!

Red&White_9x5
11-17-2015, 11:56 AM
This guy is delirious! He is the same guy that bashes the coaches decision/play calling when they don't win from looking at his previous articles. Thinks he invented football. Sorry, CC was not a quality opponent even if their record was 8-2. They are a 4A school playing 2A schools in non-district. However, all that being said Congrats to Llano for winning the game. Good luck against Sinton.

You are spot on Dog40! That guy is a NUTJOB!

garciap77
11-17-2015, 06:34 PM
Sinton by 7! Go Mean Girl's Team!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-17-2015, 06:41 PM
Defensively in this video they put some pressure on Navarro, still gave up some points but didn't look to shabby. Offensively didn't look so good and seems had a hard time gaining yards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsNRmWRVkF0

pirate4state
11-18-2015, 10:35 AM
Sinton by 7! Go Mean Girl's Team!

Just 7? ;) I'll be good with a 1 point win as long as we move on! Thanks, Garcia!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-18-2015, 11:12 AM
Sinton Bi District game against Raymondville

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1BpAbh9OeA

10ForTheWin
11-18-2015, 12:42 PM
Defensively in this video they put some pressure on Navarro, still gave up some points but didn't look to shabby. Offensively didn't look so good and seems had a hard time gaining yards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsNRmWRVkF0
I was very impressed with their defense, they never quit, and got after it all game. Yes they are outmatched here, but they won't be laying down. Its awesome seeing them have some playoff success this year.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

pirate4state
11-20-2015, 01:36 AM
http://www.dailytrib.com/2015/11/19/llano-faces-10-0-sinton-and-explosive-quarterback/

bag-o-chips
11-20-2015, 07:20 AM
Yes we moaned and complained about our offense that night. Hats off to number 20 for Llano he was like a submarine. That was about the only positive offense Llano had that night as they mustered 3 first downs all in the first half and 52 yards of offense. Our offense was so lackluster that night we only gained 422 yards. Just kept misfiring but you will have nights like that once in awhile.

1st and goal
11-20-2015, 08:57 AM
another cake walk for R4 contender Sinton....

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2015, 10:48 AM
Go Pirates! Game Day!

Good it's in east side of SA and just have to deal with the traffic to get on Hwy 90 from IH37

Sweetwater Red
11-20-2015, 03:34 PM
I hope we come away injury free too! A Sinton/OG match-up over Thanksgiving weekend in the Coastal Bend would be AWESOME! We both have to take care of business this week though! GO PIRATES!

If it happens can y'all please play on a Saturday?!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2015, 08:38 PM
Sinton 7 Llano 0 8:17 1st qtr

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2015, 08:47 PM
Colten Cohea td run

Sinton 14 Llano 0 5:29 1st qtr

SintonFan
11-20-2015, 10:08 PM
Colten Cohea td run

Sinton 14 Llano 0 5:29 1st qtr

Any word on Cohea?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2015, 10:20 PM
Any word on Cohea?

Seems like a shoulder injury maybe he's out. GORMAN in for this game and maybe next my guess

SintonFan
11-20-2015, 10:40 PM
Seems like a shoulder injury maybe he's out. GORMAN in for this game and maybe next my guess

Heard online it was a broken collar bone. :(

PhiI C
11-21-2015, 12:19 AM

Oh man! :(

pirate4state
11-21-2015, 01:58 AM

That is the early word, but he is getting x-rays tomorrow. He is a great leader & this is the part of football that sucks. :( We are all praying for him because not only is he a great football player - he is the 2 time defending Region IV pole vault champion!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2015, 02:35 AM
yea it was after that big run of 46 yardds, saw he came up grimacing but finished the drive as Sinton took 35-6 lead in 2nd qtr. Great leader like you mention on both sides of the ball. we're praying he gets good news tomorrow.

Sophomore qb Colt Gorman step in and went 9 for 11 for 249 yardds with 1 td passing. Colten Cohea was 5 for 9 for 68 yds 1 int 1 td passing and rushed for 8 carries 86 yards and a td.

Ethan Owens had 4 rushing tds and Mark Villarreal had 2 receiving tds.

Sinton with 544 yards of offense, 237 rushing 307 passing
defense gave up a td towards the end of 1st qtr. Held Llano to 179 total yards. 111 rushing and 68 passing.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2015, 10:08 AM
yea it was after that big run of 46 yardds, saw he came up grimacing but finished the drive as Sinton took 35-6 lead in 2nd qtr. Great leader like you mention on both sides of the ball. we're praying he gets good news tomorrow.

Sophomore qb Colt Gorman step in and went 9 for 11 for 249 yardds with 1 td passing. Colten Cohea was 5 for 9 for 68 yds 1 int 1 td passing and rushed for 8 carries 86 yards and a td.

Ethan Owens had 4 rushing tds and Mark Villarreal had 2 receiving tds.

Sinton with 544 yards of offense, 237 rushing 307 passing
defense gave up a td towards the end of 1st qtr. Held Llano to 179 total yards. 111 rushing and 68 passing.Numbers are bit off on Sinton passing stats, seems it was 259 yds.

Thought Cohea finished that drive he got hurt in but he must of came out right after that. Couple of players landed on him as he was coming down on the tackle.

short highlights of Sinton game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCcxNlOH7ws

PurplePop
11-21-2015, 11:05 AM
Numbers are bit off on Sinton passing stats, seems it was 259 yds.

Thought Cohea finished that drive he got hurt in but he must of came out right after that. Couple of players landed on him as he was coming down on the tackle.

short highlights of Sinton game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCcxNlOH7ws

I guess Llano didn't get the "Guard No. 4" memo

PhiI C
11-21-2015, 11:07 AM
Hopefully the xrays come out good. When I was I HS we thought we lost a player to a broken collar bone but the xrays came out negative and thankfully he was back in the next game. Hopefully this will be the same situation here.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2015, 11:12 AM
Hopefully the xrays come out good. When I was I HS we thought we lost a player to a broken collar bone but the xrays came out negative and thankfully he was back in the next game. Hopefully this will be the same situation here.hopefully, that's good to hear. fingers crossed

pirate4state
11-21-2015, 12:54 PM
X-rays this morning have confirmed our fears. Colton is done for the season with a broken collarbone. I feel so bad for him & his family. He is a GREAT kid and such a tremendous athlete. Has a huge heart and passion for the game! I just hope he can fully heal and compete in the spring...it would be a real shame if he can't defend his title in pole vault. :(

PhiI C
11-21-2015, 02:36 PM
X-rays this morning have confirmed our fears. Colton is done for the season with a broken collarbone. I feel so bad for him & his family. He is a GREAT kid and such a tremendous athlete. Has a huge heart and passion for the game! I just hope he can fully heal and compete in the spring...it would be a real shame if he can't defend his title in pole vault. :(

That is a shame but hopefully he can recover soon. You hate to see a great player like that miss this chance but unfortunately it happens in football. I remember a few years ago Cuero lost a star player in a preseason scrimmage.

bd62
11-21-2015, 03:06 PM

I hate to heard that . Saw him against Yoakum 3 times in past 2 yrs. and he was a great leader and did an excellent job of moving to QB replacing 4 yr starter Hanson .
He is a special kid and hope he will be ready for track season. Sinton additude has always been next Man Up so they will make adjustments and be OK.