11-13-2015, 11:33 PM
Should be a good game.

Location Time Date Known (?)

orange machine
11-14-2015, 12:06 AM
Abilene Shotwell Stadium 7pm friday

Tejastrue
11-14-2015, 12:43 AM
Loboes are a scrappy bunch once again....

d0tc0m
11-14-2015, 12:58 AM
They were scrappy last year, too, and Celina dominated, 43-15. Same old song and dance this year. Monahans' offense plays right into the Bobcats strengths, defensively, and the Loboes won't have enough athletes to stop the Bobcats' potent, multi-headed offensive attack. Celina big, again.

Tejastrue
11-14-2015, 12:59 AM
Okay...whatever...best of luck.

orange machine
11-14-2015, 01:24 AM
I think Celina will win, but the Loboes are always tough, well coached and play very hard. I don't expect Celina to just roll into Abilene and blow the doors down. I look for a tough game and Celina needs to bring their A game and strap it up because Monahans will be a lot better than Venus.

d0tc0m
11-14-2015, 01:29 AM
Okay...whatever...best of luck.

Hahaha, Tejas, I think you and some other folks need to go sign up for PoliticallyCorrectDownlow.com or CoachSpeakDownlow.com. And you guys can exchange pleasantries and tried-and-true cliches from August to December and have a great time, and you won't have to worry about anyone giving an honest opinion with honest analysis about any game ever, and no one will ever get their feelings hurt because someone said that their team of interest will win.

Now I mean this with sincerity: I hope the Monahans players, fans, coaches and the whole lot of them have safe travels to and from Shotwell. I hope the Loboes play their tails off - which I'm certain they will - and I hope they have fun and come out of the game completely healthy. And I hope they, as well as the Celina players, understand that they make their respective communities very proud. And I hope they understand their worth and value as kids and individuals has absolutely NOTHING to do with the outcome of a football game.

If anyone is offended by actual football talk, analysis, opinions and predictions, though, I think it's time to find another forum to contribute to.

d0tc0m
11-14-2015, 01:32 AM
I think Celina will win, but the Loboes are always tough, well coached and play very hard. I don't expect Celina to just roll into Abilene and blow the doors down. I look for a tough game and Celina needs to bring their A game and strap it up because Monahans will be a lot better than Venus.

You're right about this, OM, Celina will absolutely need to bring their A game ... This week, the following week and every week they're fortunate enough to still be playing. But if they do bring their A game, this one won't be close. That's not a knock on Monahans, as much as it is a testament to how good the Bobcats are this season.

WOS87
11-14-2015, 01:33 AM
Those sound like famous last words to me. :devil: Didn't Sweetwater almost lose to them? Good luck to both! :stirpot::1popcorn:

d0tc0m
11-14-2015, 01:38 AM
Those sound like famous last words to me. :devil: Didn't Sweetwater almost lose to them? Good luck to both! :stirpot::1popcorn:

The poor Mustangs have been hit extremely hard with the injury bug at a very inopportune time, as SweetRed can attest to. The fact that they won that game says more about the Stangs than anything, in my opinion.

But hey, if the Loboes beat Celina, I'll be the first on here to be served my crow. Hell, I'll give you my address and you can send the crow to me directly, and I'll pay for shipping.

orange machine
11-14-2015, 01:43 AM
You're right about this, OM, Celina will absolutely need to bring their A game ... This week, the following week and every week they're fortunate enough to still be playing. But if they do bring their A game, this one won't be close. That's not a knock on Monahans, as much as it is a testament to how good the Bobcats are this season.

I completely agree. The one thing that Venus did great against Celina was drain every second they could off the clock. It was very obvious Venus coaches were playing the clock and not Celina. Anyway in saying that Monahans would do good to do the same.

d0tc0m
11-14-2015, 01:49 AM
I completely agree. The one thing that Venus did great against Celina was drain every second they could off the clock. It was very obvious Venus coaches were playing the clock and not Celina. Anyway in saying that Monahans would do good to do the same.

That's a fair point, and to the Loboes' credit, they have an offense that is built to sustain drives and play keep away. Celina's defense will need to win on first and second down, consistently, and put Monahans in uncomfortable third down situations. If the Bobcats can do that and build an early lead, it'll sure make it hard for the Loboes to mount a comeback, as they're just not built to play from behind.

PurplePop
11-14-2015, 09:49 AM
By one point, 38-37. And, I think SW still had their starting QB in that one. Monahans went for two late and didn't get it.

Tejastrue
11-14-2015, 10:17 AM
Hahaha, Tejas, I think you and some other folks need to go sign up for PoliticallyCorrectDownlow.com or CoachSpeakDownlow.com. And you guys can exchange pleasantries and tried-and-true cliches from August to December and have a great time, and you won't have to worry about anyone giving an honest opinion with honest analysis about any game ever, and no one will ever get their feelings hurt because someone said that their team of interest will win.

Now I mean this with sincerity: I hope the Monahans players, fans, coaches and the whole lot of them have safe travels to and from Shotwell. I hope the Loboes play their tails off - which I'm certain they will - and I hope they have fun and come out of the game completely healthy. And I hope they, as well as the Celina players, understand that they make their respective communities very proud. And I hope they understand their worth and value as kids and individuals has absolutely NOTHING to do with the outcome of a football game.

If anyone is offended by actual football talk, analysis, opinions and predictions, though, I think it's time to find another forum to contribute to.

Amazing how you conjured up all that from what I said in my reply? You are easily stirred. lol

d0tc0m
11-14-2015, 10:40 AM
Amazing how you conjured up all that from what I said in my reply? You are easily stirred. lol

Ah, it was late, I was tired and should've been asleep. That was aimed at others more than you, anyway, Tejas, you just happened to be awake at the same time.

d0tc0m
11-14-2015, 10:48 AM
By one point, 38-37. And, I think SW still had their starting QB in that one. Monahans went for two late and didn't get it.

I think you are right, about the QB, but Red would have to provide some insight into the Loboes from Sweetwater's perspective.

CHS_89
11-14-2015, 11:17 AM
The big question for me is can the Monohans D stop Celina enough times to give their O a chance to win the game? It looks like Monohans has a very productive O. Haven't checked their PF/PA numbers for the season. The Celina O is high octane. Good luck both teams!

PurplePop
11-14-2015, 11:58 AM
I think you are right, about the QB, but Red would have to provide some insight into the Loboes from Sweetwater's perspective.
All I know about Monahans is I dated a girl from there about a hundred years ago. I just remember being surprised by the SW-Monahans score.

d0tc0m
11-14-2015, 12:03 PM
The big question for me is can the Monohans D stop Celina enough times to give their O a chance to win the game? It looks like Monohans has a very productive O. Haven't checked their PF/PA numbers for the season. The Celina O is high octane. Good luck both teams!

The Loboes are averaging 42 points per game on offense, and are giving up about 26 points per game on defense. Their losses are all to at least somewhat decent teams. However, if you look at those matchups, Monahans has been prone to giving up lots of points to explosive offenses. The Loboes gave up 32 points to Big Spring, 48 to Andrews, 35 to Lubbock Cooper and 38 to Sweetwater. I don't think any of those offenses are as diverse or as explosive as Celina, and none of the defenses are on the level of the Bobcats'. I full expect Celina to put up 40+ in this game, and that will be enough.

This game could be close for a quarter, maybe even a half, especially if the Loboes can put together a couple of clock-eating drives that result in points and limit Celina's first-half possessions. But I think, at the end of the day, Celina is just far too explosive, offensively, and too solid on the defensive end of things.

orange machine
11-14-2015, 12:05 PM
All I know about Monahans is I dated a girl from there about a hundred years ago. I just remember being surprised by the SW-Monahans score.

Monahans is a good team and not to be taken lightly. They are a team that can sneak up and bite you. Celina will have to be ready to play 4 quarters of football and play at a high level. Monahans could make this game a dog fight if Celina doesn't jump out on them.

orange machine
11-14-2015, 12:07 PM
I still see Celina winning pretty big, but don't take Monahans lightly.

Celina 45
Monahans 14

d0tc0m
11-14-2015, 12:27 PM
I still see Celina winning pretty big, but don't take Monahans lightly.

Celina 45
Monahans 14

I honestly don't think anyone in Celina is going to take anyone lightly in the postseason. I've said it before this season, but I'll say it again. These Bobcats feel like the 2007 team. They're hungry, focused and eager to 'finish it.'

That said, you can take someone seriously and still expect your team to come out on top by a sizable margin. If you watch the Loboes on film, they play with a lot of heart. They're tough and gritty, as you expect a West Texas team to be. But they just don't have enough speed or athletes on the field to slow down Celina's offense. The Bobcats just have too many weapons this season. They can move the ball quickly, or slow it down if need be. And they can score very quickly with a couple of home run threats. If Celina can go up by a couple of scores early, it'll just be too tall of a hill to climb for the Loboes.

RPF2666
11-14-2015, 12:28 PM
Monahans is a good team and not to be taken lightly. They are a team that can sneak up and bite you. Celina will have to be ready to play 4 quarters of football and play at a high level. Monahans could make this game a dog fight if Celina doesn't jump out on them.

They are the most "READY" Celina TEAM in recent memory. The defense plays FOR one another, not simply WITH one another... and that is
the difference. They accept coaching, and each player plays his responsibility. Can't wait to head West on Friday!

91 lion
11-14-2015, 12:33 PM
I have a lot, and I mean a LOT of respect for the Monahans program. Always ready to play and they don't beat themselves. They may not have the deepest talent year to year, but no one really ever wants to face them in the playoffs. That being said, I do think the Bobcats will be too much for them to handle this year.....Buuuuut, if Celina is going to stumble, it will be a team like the Loboes that does it....

Saggy Aggie
11-14-2015, 03:13 PM

LOL, :thumbsup:

Tejastrue
11-14-2015, 10:01 PM
Ah, it was late, I was tired and should've been asleep. That was aimed at others more than you, anyway, Tejas, you just happened to be awake at the same time.

Never been a Celina basher. Always appreciated the tradition there..same as I have with a few other select programs. I have a little insight to Monahans football and the only reason for my initial comment. You guys may very well blow them out but I'm guessing there will be some slobber-knocking from this Owens led team. A little trivia..just going back the last 10 years...I don't think any team who has played Monahans in the playoffs has gone on to win the SC.

Hey, Saggy enjoyed what you said..you are Rock Star status now...

orange machine
11-14-2015, 10:03 PM
Never been a Celina basher. Always appreciated the tradition there..same as I have with a few other select programs. I have a little insight to Monahans football and the only reason for my initial comment. You guys may very well blow them out but I'm guessing there will be some slobber-knocking from this Owens led team. A little trivia..just going back the last 10 years...I don't think any team who has played Monahans in the playoffs has gone on to win the SC.

Hey, Saggy enjoyed what you said..you are Rock Star status now...

The curse of the Loboe lol.

Tejastrue
11-14-2015, 10:16 PM
LOL OM..you get me...thanks.

Wayne
11-14-2015, 10:31 PM
I'm going with Celina! This team is special, and they work like a well oiled machine. I said it after the Argyle game, and I'm gonna say now, Celina will dominate the playoffs and win State. Good luck to both teams.

orange machine
11-15-2015, 08:41 PM
I guess there is know Monahans people on here?

Celina 45
Monahans 14

regaleagle
11-15-2015, 08:51 PM
I'm not a fan of Trivial Pursuit, haha. I say Celina will blow their doors off before the clock strikes 10 pm. JMO. And I also say Celina will go on to win State this season in D-2. So much for Trivial Pursuit, LOL.

On a side note, I do have Celina winning State in my D-2 Bracket.

Tejastrue
11-15-2015, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=orange machine;1884040]I guess there is know Monahans people on here?

Celina 45
Monahans 14[/QUOTE

I beg to differ...Celina 35 Monahans 21

Tejastrue
11-15-2015, 09:33 PM
I'm not a fan of Trivial Pursuit, haha. I say Celina will blow their doors off before the clock strikes 10 pm. JMO. And I also say Celina will go on to win State this season in D-2. So much for Trivial Pursuit, LOL.

On a side note, I do have Celina winning State in my D-2 Bracket.

You do remember when the Loboes gave the Eagles a lot of grief in the 2011 .especially in the 1st half. I think they even exposed your QB to the influenza thing that carried on to the SC. :crazy1:

d0tc0m
11-15-2015, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE=orange machine;1884040]I guess there is know Monahans people on here?

Celina 45
Monahans 14[/QUOTE

I beg to differ...Celina 35 Monahans 21

Wasn't nearly that close last year. And unless the Loboes have improved a ton this season, it still won't be that close.

Tejastrue
11-15-2015, 09:54 PM
There is a reason they are back..and they have nothing to lose...

RPF2666
11-15-2015, 09:57 PM
There is a reason we are back, too! :cool:

Tejastrue
11-15-2015, 09:58 PM
yes sir..I have to agree!!

d0tc0m
11-15-2015, 10:02 PM
There is a reason they are back..and they have nothing to lose...

Well, if I'm wrong, you may be the first person I have to tip my cap to. But even with 'nothing to lose,' - which is honestly a cliche that's never made a ton of sense to me - I just can't envision Monahans winning this one. But, like RPF said, there's a reason we are back and have an 11-0 record and have been blowing the doors off of teams. To be honest, even if the Loboes play the best game they've played all year, they'll still need quite a few breaks to come out on top. That's just a testament to the talent level of the Bobcats this season. It's kind of like when Celina played Gilmer last season. The Bobcats had a really good team. But they were going to have to play flawless AND STILL need some luck and Buckeyes miscues to win that game. Obviously, that didn't happen.

regaleagle
11-15-2015, 10:03 PM
You do remember when the Loboes gave the Eagles a lot of grief in the 2011 .especially in the 1st half. I think they even exposed your QB to the influenza thing that carried on to the SC. :crazy1:

Yep, I sure do.....and much respect for the Monahans program. But methinks this season's Celina group is better than Argyle was that year.....no joke. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

RPF2666
11-15-2015, 10:07 PM
In all honesty, I don't see this game being much different than last year. Our offense is just as good (better)
and our defense IS better. Monahans will compete, just like they did last year, no doubt, but looking at how
their season has played out so far, Celina should handle them, again.

Tejastrue
11-15-2015, 10:11 PM
Well, if I'm wrong, you may be the first person I have to tip my cap to. But even with 'nothing to lose,' - which is honestly a cliche that's never made a ton of sense to me - I just can't envision Monahans winning this one. But, like RPF said, there's a reason we are back and have an 11-0 record and have been blowing the doors off of teams. To be honest, even if the Loboes play the best game they've played all year, they'll still need quite a few breaks to come out on top. That's just a testament to the talent level of the Bobcats this season. It's kind of like when Celina played Gilmer last season. The Bobcats had a really good team. But they were going to have to play flawless AND STILL need some luck and Buckeyes miscues to win that game. Obviously, that didn't happen.

That old cliche has work wonders for many a team..but I support Monahans for many reasons yet at the same time I would be be very content if Celina won it all. i have a weak spot for long time tradition.

d0tc0m
11-16-2015, 09:14 AM
That old cliche has work wonders for many a team..but I support Monahans for many reasons yet at the same time I would be be very content if Celina won it all. i have a weak spot for long time tradition.

Meh. I'll take being the team with 'something to lose' any day of the week, I guess. I'll leave the cliche to the middle-of-the-pack crowd. We are certainly in agreement about tradition, though, Tejas.

orange machine
11-16-2015, 01:03 PM
In all honesty, I don't see this game being much different than last year. Our offense is just as good (better)
and our defense IS better. Monahans will compete, just like they did last year, no doubt, but looking at how
their season has played out so far, Celina should handle them, again.

Celina's offense is a lot better than last year I think.

d0tc0m
11-16-2015, 01:18 PM

I agree. Offensive line is much better. QB play is better, even after losing a DI-caliber signal caller, Jarren and the running game is much better, and even the passing game/receivers is/are better.

RPF2666
11-16-2015, 01:53 PM

It may be, but last years offense really wasn't the issue in most cases. It was the inability to stop average to
good offenses. This year, save for Argyle and a couple big plays that kept them in the game (not surprisingly)
our defense has been SOLID and dependable...

d0tc0m
11-16-2015, 01:58 PM
It may be, but last years offense really wasn't the issue in most cases. It was the inability to stop average to
good offenses. This year, save for Argyle and a couple big plays that kept them in the game (not surprisingly)
our defense has been SOLID and dependable...

I also agree with this, which is why I think and have said before that this year's Celina team is a much better team than last year. Argyle put up 36 points and had some big plays for sure. But that's to be expected against a title-contending team like the Eagles, especially with the athletes they have.

Our offense is going to get points, and it'll take a STOUT defense to hold the Bobcats under 30. But the defense, like you said RPF, has shown an ability to shut teams down this season.

With regards to this week's game, Celina has been especially tough, defensively, against the run. That's not good for the Loboes.

marler1972
11-16-2015, 02:03 PM
Lets Go Bobcats!!!!!

Bullaholic
11-16-2015, 02:13 PM
I have a lot, and I mean a LOT of respect for the Monahans program. Always ready to play and they don't beat themselves. They may not have the deepest talent year to year, but no one really ever wants to face them in the playoffs. That being said, I do think the Bobcats will be too much for them to handle this year.....Buuuuut, if Celina is going to stumble, it will be a team like the Loboes that does it.... I feel the same way about the Monahans program, 91 Lion----two of the best high school football games I ever saw were the 05' and '08 playoff games between Bridgeport and Monahans. The Loboes are well-coached and never take a down off for 4 quarters. However, Celina doesn't have many chinks in their armor this season, so Monahans is going to have to play their best game in a while to have a shot at beating them.

RPF2666
11-16-2015, 02:46 PM
Monahans will have to play their best and Celina will have to have 'one of those games'.

If they both play their best, or close to it, Celina will advance.

charlesrixey
11-16-2015, 04:34 PM
Celina 56, Monahans 21

Tejastrue
11-16-2015, 11:18 PM
Can't explain the loss to a 2-7 Big Spring early on but their other 3 losses came at the hands of Andrews 10-1, Cooper 10-1 and of course the nail biter to Sweetwater.

Middle of the pack...lol

d0tc0m
11-16-2015, 11:33 PM
Can't explain the loss to a 2-7 Big Spring early on but their other 3 losses came at the hands of Andrews 10-1, Cooper 10-1 and of course the nail biter to Sweetwater.

Middle of the pack...lol

Oh, Tejas, you're reaching, man.

91 lion
11-16-2015, 11:54 PM
I feel the same way about the Monahans program, 91 Lion----two of the best high school football games I ever saw were the 05' and '08 playoff games between Bridgeport and Monahans. The Loboes are well-coached and never take a down off for 4 quarters. However, Celina doesn't have many chinks in their armor this season, so Monahans is going to have to play their best game in a while to have a shot at beating them.

I feel the same way about the Bulls as I do Monahans. Very solid program. Much respect.

Txbroadcaster
11-17-2015, 12:00 AM
I feel the same way about the Monahans program, 91 Lion----two of the best high school football games I ever saw were the 05' and '08 playoff games between Bridgeport and Monahans. The Loboes are well-coached and never take a down off for 4 quarters. However, Celina doesn't have many chinks in their armor this season, so Monahans is going to have to play their best game in a while to have a shot at beating them.

That is so racist.

ccmom
11-17-2015, 12:22 AM
That is so racist.

:clap: :clap: ;)

bobcat1
11-17-2015, 07:15 AM
That is so racist.
:thinking: I must be getting old. I didn't get it.

BwdLion73
11-17-2015, 08:13 AM
:thinking: I must be getting old. I didn't get it.

I didn't either...guess you have to put on your sophomore hat and say "chinks" :thinking:

Bullaholic
11-17-2015, 09:59 AM
That is so racist. Lol. In today's hyper-PC world you are probably right----at least I didn't refer to Celina as "Orangeskins"....but, to be on the safe side, here is the definition intended: chink1 CHiNGk/ noun noun: chink; plural noun: chinks a narrow opening or crack, typically one that admits light. "a chink in the curtains" synonyms: opening, gap, space, hole, aperture, crack, fissure, crevice, cranny, cleft, split, slit, slot "a chink in the curtains" a patch of light admitted by a narrow opening or crack. "I noticed a chink of light under the door"

bobcat1
11-17-2015, 10:01 AM
I didn't either...guess you have to put on your sophomore hat and say "chinks" :thinking:
Ahh Not enough coffee

RPF2666
11-17-2015, 03:41 PM
Looks like GREAT football weather in Abilene on Friday, unlike the last time Celina was there versus Snyder... Lambeau Field had
nothing on that place, that day!

d0tc0m
11-17-2015, 04:26 PM
Looks like GREAT football weather in Abilene on Friday, unlike the last time Celina was there versus Snyder... Lambeau Field had
nothing on that place, that day!

Still one of the coldest football games I've ever attended. It was deceptive, too, because it was an absolutely beautiful, cloudless day. But that bone-chilling wind started to whip around in Shotwell, and if you weren't dressed in layers, I don't know how you sat through the game. It kept getting colder and colder as the game wore on and the sun went down. I'm sure it was in the low 20s or upper teens by the time the game was over.

But man, it sure was a fun one! The Celina fans stood the whole game, practically, and we were very loud. I think we were all standing and and huddling together out of necessity, but it sure was fun!

garciap77
11-17-2015, 06:22 PM
This should be an easy game for the Lobos! Lobos 28 Selena 3!

RPF2666
11-17-2015, 06:37 PM
You missed the 5 in front of the 3!;)

91 lion
11-17-2015, 06:39 PM

Garcia is in rare form!

garciap77
11-17-2015, 06:45 PM
Where the h** is BobCat Benny?

d0tc0m
11-17-2015, 07:40 PM

LoL. You da real MVP.

garciap77
11-17-2015, 08:24 PM
Ahh Not enough coffee
Are you coming?

garciap77
11-17-2015, 08:37 PM
Garcia is in rare form!
What up 91!

garciap77
11-17-2015, 08:38 PM
LoL. You da real MVP.
Viva Selena!

bobcat1
11-17-2015, 11:18 PM
Are you coming?No. Not cold enough yet. Waiting for December.

91 lion
11-18-2015, 12:58 AM
What up 91!

Just living the dream!

How are you my friend? Good to see you back!

Twirling Time
11-18-2015, 07:46 AM
For cold weather, Sweetwater is right there with Shotwell. The wind blows just right, it gets down in that bowl and you get a cold-nado swirling.

BILLYFRED0000
11-18-2015, 08:03 AM
I do not know that Monahans is any better than last year but I can say for a certainty that Celina is. This offense is the most explosive offense I believe that Celina has ever put on the field or at least as good as the 2005 title team who scored 802 points. Even more good news is that the defense is much improved having given up 67 points in the last 8 games with 3 shutouts..... Good luck Monahans and be safe....

RPF2666
11-18-2015, 10:18 PM
Can Friday please get here? These Bobcats are ready for a fight! TENSION not so gingerly
showing itself at our den!

garciap77
11-20-2015, 01:43 PM
Can Friday please get here? These Bobcats are ready for a fight! TENSION not so gingerly
showing itself at our den!

I be there taking some pics and video! What happened to the Monahans fans!

M-town lobo fan
11-20-2015, 02:26 PM
MonaHolm with a kick to the Celina Rousey big head for the upset lol

wyliefan
11-20-2015, 04:10 PM
Who is the home team for this game, don't think I can make it to Lubbock. so I thought I would try to make it out to this one.

Wayne
11-20-2015, 04:49 PM
Good luck Bobcats! Go take care of business.

Tejastrue
11-20-2015, 07:47 PM
Wishing a safe and well played game for both..

RPF2666
11-20-2015, 09:09 PM
Are you here?

RPF2666
11-20-2015, 09:15 PM
Garcia?

garciap77
11-20-2015, 11:13 PM
Garcia?

I was there. Took lots of video and some pics. Great game! Congrats to the Cats!

RPF2666
11-21-2015, 08:05 AM
Was looking for you, sorry I missed your PM!

Where were you sitting, I looked around pretty hard for purple and gold.

garciap77
11-22-2015, 11:41 PM
Was looking for you, sorry I missed your PM!

Where were you sitting, I looked around pretty hard for purple and gold.

I was on the 20 yard line North end Home side, talking to a Celina Fan most of the game. Celina with slow start, but Coach must have had a good talk during half-time. Turn point was Monahas Coach going for it on 4th down at about Celina's 25 yard line or so, with 10mins left in the 3rd QTR. What was he thinking? After that, it was all downhill for the Lobos! So far, Celina best 4A time I've seen this year.

RPF2666
11-23-2015, 08:37 AM
Sorry I missed you! Good luck to you guys!