PDA

View Full Version : Navasota at Columbus*

Speed24
11-03-2003, 10:06 PM
I'd like to hear what you guys think. Who will be playmakers and how ya'll think the game will go.

Wish us luck!

Strike Fast
11-04-2003, 12:04 AM
What is your plan to contain Smith from Navasota?

strike hard
11-04-2003, 12:13 AM
I think that this will be a great game to watch. If the rattler offence can run the ball and throw it a little they will be ok. The D for the rattlers is going to have to step up friday night and I am sure they will if they do they will be just fine. I also think the rattlers have an advantage on special teams as well. Columbus better be ready. It will be a good one in columbus!!!

NAVASOTA 28
Columbus 10

Go Big Blue!!!

ctownqb
11-04-2003, 12:36 AM
I think this will be a good game and probably kept very close. The cardinals defense has done a good job all year long against good running backs. Navasotas offense may have to bring something other than just smith to the game. Big plays and special teams could be a huge factor, (i saw on tape how well the rattlers returned kicks against bellville). I think each team will come out playing hard being that a win sends them to playoffs and a loss leaves them at home the following week.

Brahma73
11-04-2003, 11:35 AM
Hey C-Town guys. I saw some of the licks your D put on #30 last week. I expect you to hold your own against the run. Key to me will be if you don't run out of gas in the end with so many guys going both ways. Also would like to see a little more effective passing game from the Cards. It would be nice to see a little more #12 to #24 action. I believe Sealy has a better D than the snakes, so you might be able to move the ball a bit better on the ground, too. With your slowdown tactics and coach A's strategic savvy, I think you'll be in the game. Get a few breaks and you could send my Bulls to D1 and the Rattlers packing. I'd like to see you guys in the playoffs again.
BTW, I'll be with the supt. at your game in my 50 yard line seat, cell phone to my ear getting the scoop on Bellville - Sealy! Do me proud, Birds!

BrahmaMom
11-04-2003, 12:25 PM
73, I can't believe you are missing the Brahma game! I know you'll get a better report than those of us at the game will be hearing, but we'll miss your presence. You'll be at another good game, have 22 find me and give us a rundown if he can. I am hard-pressed to pick a favorite in this game, as I believe we can handle Div I now thanks to a little coaxing from some 3ADLers! So I hope for an injury-free game and a great contest!

coiled2strike
11-04-2003, 12:53 PM
How is the kid who was knocked out against Sealy...I think it was #3

RAIDER96
11-04-2003, 01:15 PM
Don't know much about those Rattlers but I am going to go with our nieghbors to the north. Go Red Birds!

Bellville22
11-04-2003, 01:26 PM
Should be an exciting atmosphere in C-town Friday night. Playoffs start a week early for these two teams, as the loser goes home.

Funny how just a few weeks ago, many people thought that Navasota would continue it's dominance, knock off #2 Bellville, roll through district, and deep into the playoffs. Bellville put a quick end to that by dominating the game, and a week later, Sealy decided it would be alot more fun if the District Champ was decided the final week, not the second. Around that same time people were certain that the playoff reps had been decided, and that Columbus was a few injuries short of a six-man team. :D

But that's the beauty of high school football, you never know what's gonna happen. Here we sit, the once mighty Rattlers one loss away from missing the playoffs entirely, and the injury plagued, good D but no O Cards one win away from shocking quite a few folks and sneaking into the playoffs.

Although this game will take a back seat in many's eyes to the showdown in Bellville, this game means a heck of a lot more when talking about the long run. I don't expect Columbus to change their plan one bit, they'll play tough defense, field position, and ball control. They'll try to keep the game close, not make mistakes on offense, and hope they can catch the big break late in the game to capture an ugly win. Navasota's offense was kept in check by the Brahmas and Tigers, but everyone knows they can be very explosive. Smith can pound away all night, but they've got other terrific athletes who can make things happen. Columbus will probably have to have success in the passing game to move the ball. The Rattlers can be explosive on Special Teams, but I don't see the Cards giving them much of a chance all night. Coach A makes you earn everything you get.

Should be a loud game, with plenty of helmets popping. I'm goin' with a defensive struggle, especially if the rain heads this way. I think Columbus will stop Smith, but I think Navasota has far more athletes and will have some guys step up and make big plays.

I like the Rattlers to get back on track, get a little revenge from last year's game, and send the Brahmas to D2.

Navasota 20
Columbus 6

Bellville22
11-04-2003, 07:40 PM
How does the Columbus field handle the rain? Could make it interesting.

Speed24
11-04-2003, 08:00 PM
Bellville22:
How does the Columbus field handle the rain? Could make it interesting.Our field is a very good field to play on when its wet. I'm sure many people who have played on it will agree. When our field is wet, it wont be too much of a factor..

Pudlugger
11-04-2003, 08:11 PM
Speed24:

Bellville22:
How does the Columbus field handle the rain? Could make it interesting.Our field is a very good field to play on when its wet. I'm sure many people who have played on it will agree. When our field is wet, it wont be too much of a factor..La Grange played there in a downpour in 2000 and had a great game. I remember one play, a long bomb down the middle by Tye Gunn to Mo Bauldwin for a td. It was raining cats and dogs and you could see the downpour reflecting in the lights with this big tight end all alone catching this perfectly thrown football...it was sureal! The field is well designed for rain with good run-off and no puddles.

ctownqb
11-04-2003, 10:39 PM
coiled2strike:
How is the kid who was knocked out against Sealy...I think it was #3It was #3 who was knocked out against Sealy, his name is Evan Darr. He had a concusion and will probably not play this week. He got thrown down pretty hard and when he woke up he wanted to know why all the people were standing around him. He wants to play but I dont think our coach is going to let him.

Specklebelly
11-04-2003, 10:52 PM
Id like to see Columbus win so Bellville would go D1 but I just dont see it happening. Columbus just doesn't have the horses to keep up with Navasota.

Rattlers by 13

DawgFan91
11-04-2003, 10:53 PM
Hey 24,

Did Darr really think he was going to Disneyworld when you got on the bus? Of course he isn't going to play. And by the way, if you live in Eagle Lake, why do you play for Columbus? You could be making a run at state.

<small>[ November 04, 2003, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: DawgFan91 ]</small>

Brahma73
11-04-2003, 11:06 PM
BrahmaMom:
73, I can't believe you are missing the Brahma game! I know you'll get a better report than those of us at the game will be hearing, but we'll miss your presence. You'll be at another good game, have 22 find me and give us a rundown if he can. I am hard-pressed to pick a favorite in this game, as I believe we can handle Div I now thanks to a little coaxing from some 3ADLers! So I hope for an injury-free game and a great contest!That district pays a big part of my bills! lol
Don't worry, my spirit will be there pulling and my ear will be on the phone with 22.

GO BULLS!

Speed24
11-05-2003, 07:31 PM
DawgFan91:
Hey 24,

Did Darr really think he was going to Disneyworld when you got on the bus? Of course he isn't going to play. And by the way, if you live in Eagle Lake, why do you play for Columbus? You could be making a run at state.No, Darr is fine..I just game him a hard time. How do u know this about me. Anyways I go to Columbus b/c thats where one of my sisters went she liked it alot. I dunno why really..but anyways who are you?

DawgFan91
11-05-2003, 11:35 PM
I have a "Swedish" connection and he told me. I keep up with Columbus closely. Although I am from Jasper and live in Longview, I have a history with Columbus.