PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum vs Navarro November 20 @ Bastrop

bag-o-chips
11-13-2015, 07:45 AM
Both coming off shutouts! Who comes out on top?

LV_Bearfan
11-13-2015, 08:03 AM
I think this will be a dandy. Yoakum can play with anyone. Navarro should win, but it will be the toughest game to date.

Leopardfan201
11-13-2015, 08:14 AM
I agree..Navarro toughest game so far..yoakum by 6

1st and goal
11-13-2015, 08:35 AM
This will be a good game.

PurplePop
11-13-2015, 08:47 AM
Yoakum by 14 ... at least

Mr. Football
11-13-2015, 09:06 AM
I am surprised that yall are saying Yoakum might win. Is this Navarro team not as good as past Navarro teams? I was looking at the bracket and expecting Cuero to play Navarro around Thanksgiving.

Leopardfan201
11-13-2015, 09:16 AM
Yoakum is a good team..navarro hasent played no one like them all year...yoakum losing to LG by 1 point losing too sinton by touchdown...

bd62
11-13-2015, 09:20 AM
Yoakum by 14 ... at least

PurplePop everyone knows you not serious . 10-0 averaging over 60 and giving up only 54 points. Very impressive. That coach has been building Navarro program to this high level for several yrs. Reminds me of Liberty Hill in 2007 and 2008. We played them 3 yrs in playoff from 2002 thru 2004 and beat them the first yr but after that the games were close but you could see that Cosch Vance was building something special and I see a similar type program at Navarro.

Mr. Football
11-13-2015, 09:20 AM
What?

Mr. Football
11-13-2015, 09:21 AM
What?

bd62
11-13-2015, 09:29 AM
That's uncalled for. Your post should be removed and you banned. We know they had a Tornado hit Navarro and our prayers were with the folks in the area. That's lives in danger and there no place on this site for your BS. Moderators please take this idiot off the DownLow.

YTBulldogs
11-13-2015, 09:43 AM
BOC, we both seen this coming when we visited at Geronimo. Best of luck my friend. Should be a great game. Navarro is very talented and well coached. Ykm riding back to back shutouts.

bd62
11-13-2015, 10:02 AM
I am surprised that yall are saying Yoakum might win. Is this Navarro team not as good as past Navarro teams? I was looking at the bracket and expecting Cuero to play Navarro around Thanksgiving.
This Navarro team is much better than past teams. Yoakum and Cuero had some really great games the last 5 yrs and Yoakum won 4 of 6 so you should not be surprised that Yoakum can play pretty good football . It will be a very tough challenge but these young kids are kind like the young kids at Cuero in that they just compete hard and leave it all on the field. Both Yoakum and Cuero have a very bright future and good luck to Gobblers tonite.

Snotbubbles
11-13-2015, 10:06 AM
Bo knows Slot-T. Never lost to one while at the helm here in LaVernia. Appears he has his standard dominating defense finally established there in Yoakum. They played some talented teams to the wire too. Very easy could be 10-1, 11-0 themselves. It will be a sloberknocker with snotbubbles created on tackles. I see a low scoring affair myself. Team that limits the big play against their "D" wins. I can see the winner with 14 points only. I think Bo's Boy's pull's this out late.

pancho villa
11-13-2015, 10:34 AM
What?

Somebody’s losin a trailer

Gontex
11-13-2015, 10:37 AM
That's uncalled for. Your post should be removed and you banned. We know they had a Tornado hit Navarro and our prayers were with the folks in the area. That's lives in danger and there no place on this site for your BS. Moderators please take this idiot off the DownLow.

Definitely is inappropriate. Should be pulled and the poster banned.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2015, 10:39 AM
Great game last night both defenses were bringing it but just had the feeling Yoakum would get their passing game going and it came around for big plays. Yoakum speed as a team is good. Tough game coming up if they get to the 4th qtr like some Cuero poster noted a few weeks back Yoakum offense comes alive.

Last night game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPVLOg_QaG4

Gontex
11-13-2015, 10:39 AM
Bo knows Slot-T. Never lost to one while at the helm here in LaVernia. Appears he has his standard dominating defense finally established there in Yoakum. They played some talented teams to the wire too. Very easy could be 10-1, 11-0 themselves. It will be a sloberknocker with snotbubbles created on tackles. I see a low scoring affair myself. Team that limits the big play against their "D" wins. I can see the winner with 14 points only. I think Bo's Boy's pull's this out late.

Hey Snotbubbles, I definitely disagree with you on this one. Navarro should win this one by at least 3 touchdowns.

d0tc0m
11-13-2015, 10:40 AM

If Yoakum is able to hold Navarro to just 14 points, they may steamroll right into the semifinals. Regardless of the Panthers' schedule, they've been putting up inflated scores like they're going out of style. I think this could be a good game, but I think the boys in Purple survive and advance to the Region IV semis. I've got them and Cuero squaring off on Turkey day.

SaltySixes
11-13-2015, 11:18 AM

There is much more to beating the Navarro Panthers than just "knowing the slot-t."

Snotbubbles
11-13-2015, 11:50 AM
There is much more to beating the Navarro Panthers than just "knowing the slot-t."

True that, but dern sure can't beat it without it.:wave:

10ForTheWin
11-13-2015, 12:49 PM
Don't worry Sixes the doubters are back! Its alright give me Navarro by 21, that Yoakum D better be some impressive if they plan to hold Navarro to 14. On top of that Navarro plays just a little D also. Scoring average to the date is 54.4 to 5.4 in favor of the Panthers, with a total of 5 shutouts on the year, ouch. Should be a good one for 3 quarters!

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

SaltySixes
11-13-2015, 12:57 PM
Don't worry Sixes the doubters are back! Its alright give me Navarro by 21, that Yoakum D better be some impressive if they plan to hold Navarro to 14. On top of that Navarro plays just a little D also. Scoring average to the date is 54.4 to 5.4 in favor of the Panthers, with a total of 5 shutouts on the year, ouch. Should be a good one for 3 quarters!

Yes it will, I cant wait!
Also im alittle puzzled by the evenness of the poll so far...

10ForTheWin
11-13-2015, 01:04 PM
The score won't be even, and in reality that's all that matters

MUSTANG69
11-13-2015, 01:10 PM

....:thumbsup:

YTBulldogs
11-13-2015, 01:12 PM

why? Two pretty good teams. Think it would be onesided? I know the YT faithful totally respect Navarro.

bd62
11-13-2015, 01:19 PM

No doubt In my mind Navarro the real deal. But Yoakum will show up and play hard as they have all season against some pretty salty teams. Taking Lagrange and Sinton to OT is pretty impressive for a young bunch. Navarro is one of the best in 4AD2 so they will be a hand full but these Yoakum kids have shown they can play with very good teams. It take a great game from Yoakum to stay with those boys but these kids from Yoakum are so young they just get after you and nothing seem to faze them. No doubt Yoakum schedule has been lots tougher and we see it that makes any difference. I think it will be a packed house in Bastrop to see two team battle.

Snotbubbles
11-13-2015, 01:27 PM

Maybe the teams opponents combined record is being considered in voting? Don't know why poll is so close either, really. Navarro's opponents have a 45-62 record, Yoakum's is 64-45. I think D15 is a tougher district too. Not sure Salty, why poll is so close.:vrycnfsd:

10ForTheWin
11-13-2015, 01:44 PM
Maybe the teams opponents combined record is being considered in voting? Don't know why poll is so close either, really. Navarro's opponents have a 45-62 record, Yoakum's is 64-45. I think D15 is a tougher district too. Not sure Salty, why poll is so close.:vrycnfsd:
Navarro can't help that there SOS wasn't that great but we have a couple good wins under our belt with La Vernia who is ranked in D1 and Medina Valley has been having a pretty good year too. Not to mention I think Wimbo may surprise some people in the playoffs. But aside from the schedule look at the stats, yes Navarro play some seeker teams but the utterly demolished them 543-54 if you want to get technical. Total rushing yards has to be nearing 3000 if not more and passing is around 1400, you'd have to as BOC for exact numbers. I think Sixes is just a little salty, that is all, people said we would lose against La Vernia, and we crushed them, they said we better "watch out" against Wimbo and that was a beating too. Maybe once we are done with D15 we can have a little bit more supporters we can wait until that time comes.

ogg
11-13-2015, 01:53 PM
Navarro wins, it will not be close.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2015, 01:58 PM
Navarro can't help that there SOS wasn't that great but we have a couple good wins under our belt with La Vernia who is ranked in D1 and Medina Valley has been having a pretty good year too. Not to mention I think Wimbo may surprise some people in the playoffs. But aside from the schedule look at the stats, yes Navarro play some seeker teams but the utterly demolished them 543-54 if you want to get technical. Total rushing yards has to be nearing 3000 if not more and passing is around 1400, you'd have to as BOC for exact numbers. I think Sixes is just a little salty, that is all, people said we would lose against La Vernia, and we crushed them, they said we better "watch out" against Wimbo and that was a beating too. Maybe once we are done with D15 we can have a little bit more supporters we can wait until that time comes.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalkyea yall wont limp through district 15 on yalls way to state title game. Enjoy the playoffs :)

10ForTheWin
11-13-2015, 02:01 PM
yea yall wont limp through district 15 on yalls way to state title game. Enjoy the playoffs :)
Ahh I new that was coming! 😂 good luck to y'all too like I said hopefully we get to play Sinton as well

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2015, 02:06 PM
Ahh I new that was coming! �� good luck to y'all too like I said hopefully we get to play Sinton as well

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalklast two seasons Sinton hasn't been the favorites with pretty much the same group of kids, they know the game is won on the field and that it gets tougher each round if you can keep advancing. We all agree Navarro should be the favorites along with Orange Grove as both have amazing numbers on both sides of the ball.

rb585
11-13-2015, 02:16 PM
Yoakum is a good team..navarro hasent played no one like them all year...yoakum losing to LG by 1 point losing too sinton by touchdown...

yoakum losing to two 3A teams...

pirate4state
11-13-2015, 02:24 PM

Damn this game isn't until next week and it's already on FIRE!!!

It will depend on which Yoakum team shows up. I'll give credit to Rio Hondo last night their defense was impressive, but I was also troubled by the offensive play calling by Yoakum. Still they did what Yoakum does and showed up big in the 4Q. Unfortunately this time of year you can't wait until the 4Q to wake up! RH was atrocious on offense last night and that had a lot to do with Yoakum's defense!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2015, 02:31 PM
one those 3a teams East Bernard lost to unbeaten Stafford 14-7. Stafford has beaten Bellville 40-15 and Wharton 27-20, El Campo 14-8 and West Columbia 40-14. I would think East Bernard would do well in 4a if they had the numbers and the other is Halletsville not to shaby themselves.

SaltySixes
11-13-2015, 02:49 PM
why? Two pretty good teams. Think it would be onesided? I know the YT faithful totally respect Navarro.

Thats very true! It should be a great game. The respect is mutual, no one here is taking yoakum lightly.

bd62
11-13-2015, 02:49 PM

You probably have 3 D15 teams in a roll to "Get Done" with in next 3 weeks and if you do D15 teams have lots of class and will tip there hats to you. You already have everyone in 4AD2 attention so just calm down and act a lot bit more humble. Lots of respect for your team on this site. You earned it on the field.

bd62
11-13-2015, 04:23 PM
Damn this game isn't until next week and it's already on FIRE!!!

It will depend on which Yoakum team shows up. I'll give credit to Rio Hondo last night their defense was impressive, but I was also troubled by the offensive play calling by Yoakum. Still they did what Yoakum does and showed up big in the 4Q. Unfortunately this time of year you can't wait until the 4Q to wake up! RH was atrocious on offense last night and that had a lot to do with Yoakum's defense!
You are right on about Yoakum play calling and waiting for 4 Qt.to score most of points. It been a work in progress but I am damn sure Coach Bo will correct that before next season. He has done an amazing job on getting the defense playing a higher level each week and we are tremously better on defense than last yr. we just had tremendous QB and Sr running backs and averaged over 40 points per game but gave up over 30 points per game. Last Yr . Different philosophy and the kids have really bought into it.

region4fan
11-13-2015, 06:52 PM
popular thread already.

apache78
11-14-2015, 10:51 AM
Guys, we played both of you and I think Navarro has a great deal more talent. They absolutely kicked our butt as well as LaVernia, and there is no question that LaVernia is a very good team. Yoakum will have to play above their heads on this one and hope for some Navarro miscues, which against us, only when they tried to throw the ball, were there any.

Gobbler Fan
11-14-2015, 11:46 AM
Get em Bulldogs. We heard the same things going into our second round game last year against Navarro...no chance. Have you seen our stats we avg. this many points and you're a 3rd place team but we know how that one turned out. ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-14-2015, 11:51 AM
Get em Bulldogs. We heard the same things going into our second round game last year against Navarro...no chance. Have you seen our stats we avg. this many points and you're a 3rd place team but we know how that one turned out. ;)Yoakum and Cuero are both young teams that are getting better every game, not the same teams from start of the season. Get'em Bulldogs!

Snotbubbles
11-14-2015, 11:54 AM
Get em Bulldogs. We heard the same things going into our second round game last year against Navarro...no chance. Have you seen our stats we avg. this many points and you're a 3rd place team but we know how that one turned out. ;)

Yeah, Yoakum should not even show up. No chance. :tisk:

Snotbubbles
11-14-2015, 11:58 AM

Pretty clear you have no knowledge of football outside of 4A. I think these two 3A schools beat WT by 35. Playing cremepuff 5A's don't impress me.

SaltySixes
11-14-2015, 11:59 AM
Guys, we played both of you and I think Navarro has a great deal more talent. They absolutely kicked our butt as well as LaVernia, and there is no question that LaVernia is a very good team. Yoakum will have to play above their heads on this one and hope for some Navarro miscues, which against us, only when they tried to throw the ball, were there any.

True about throwing the ball against Gonzales, but that game was an outlier for our QB. he committed half of the interceptions he has thrown all year against the Apaches.

1stnurseryman
11-14-2015, 01:20 PM
That could be because they're one of the more talented teams y'all have played this year... Just keeping it real

SaltySixes
11-14-2015, 05:40 PM
That could be because they're one of the more talented teams y'all have played this year... Just keeping it real

Congrats on being in district 15! Your strength of schedule is truely amazing. Great job!

1stnurseryman
11-14-2015, 11:07 PM
Congrats on being in district 15! Your strength of schedule is truely amazing. Great job!
Never came on here taunting district 15 as being tough.... Now if you want to compare y'all's pre-season teams y'all played to ours it's not even close.... That's something y'all can control..

Tejastrue
11-14-2015, 11:16 PM
From a Wimberley perspective..down season or not...the Panthers are legit.

1stnurseryman
11-14-2015, 11:33 PM
They've been legit for the last 3 years... May be the best DII team in this region only time will tell.

Tejastrue
11-14-2015, 11:43 PM
Oh come on now...that was sarcasm at its' finest...this is the year of the Panther..and not beginning with an L and an H...

1stnurseryman
11-15-2015, 12:00 AM
Oh come on now...that was sarcasm at its' finest...this is the year of the Panther..and not beginning with an L and an H...

Wth you talking about? There was no sarcasm in what I said.. Have they not been been legit in the last 3 years?

10ForTheWin
11-15-2015, 12:08 AM
Never came on here taunting district 15 as being tough.... Now if you want to compare y'all's pre-season teams y'all played to ours it's not even close.... That's something y'all can control..
Only to a point, most teams in the area will not play Navarro, that is including all divisions. Obviously I'm not talking about power house 6a team in San Antonio and Austin but other then that its pretty dang hard to find people to play us. I think that alone says a lot

SaltySixes
11-15-2015, 12:10 AM

You may not have said that outright, but you were taking a shot at our sos (which most people do)..
And as long as your comparing, compare the loss column

10ForTheWin
11-15-2015, 12:13 AM
You may not have said that outright, but you were taking a shot at our sos (which most people do)..
Ouch...

1stnurseryman
11-15-2015, 12:20 AM

Y'all haven't played a single team as good as any of the teams that beat Cuero. Be humble dude it's more becoming.... Everyone has the same record this time of year... 1-0

SaltySixes
11-15-2015, 12:54 AM
Y'all haven't played a single team as good as any of the teams that beat Cuero. Be humble dude it's more becoming.... Everyone has the same record this time of year... 1-0

That mate be true. I just really hope we get to play you guys around thanksgiving...
Third times the charm.

PurplePop
11-15-2015, 12:59 AM
Columbus? Oh, well, you're certainly right about being humble at least.

RkptFltn
11-15-2015, 01:11 AM
I havent seen Navarro play, but i like Yoakum. Dangerous team on offense paired with a solid defense. I watched them play vs Rio Hondo Thursday night. I can see that team lighting up a scoreboard.

PurplePop
11-15-2015, 01:14 AM
I havent seen Navarro play, but i like Yoakum. Dangerous team on offense paired with a solid defense. I watched them play vs Rio Hondo Thursday night. I can see that team lighting up a scoreboard.

Don't mean to sound disagreeable but didn't Yoakum only have 7 going into the 4th and then Rio Hondo kind of imploded.

iFootball
11-15-2015, 03:57 AM
Columbus? Oh, well, you're certainly right about being humble at least.
Every team Columbus lost to (except Bay City) made the playoffs. Why is everyone bashing Columbus?

iFootball
11-15-2015, 04:03 AM
Don't mean to sound disagreeable but didn't Yoakum only have 7 going into the 4th and then Rio Hondo kind of imploded.

So you're saying Rio Hondo beat themselves?

bag-o-chips
11-15-2015, 07:50 AM
SOS is great if you can get teams who want to play you! Ask Medina Valley and La Vernia why they do not want to schedule next year? Ocher teams I know of will not return calls I have been hearing and so the search continues!

PurplePop
11-15-2015, 09:43 AM
Every team Columbus lost to (except Bay City) made the playoffs. Why is everyone bashing Columbus?
That was in response to someone who said every team Cuero lost to was better than every team Navarro played this year. I thought Columbus was a stretch. Arguments could be made for others.

PurplePop
11-15-2015, 09:47 AM
So you're saying Rio Hondo beat themselves?
That was in response to a comment that Yoakum was explosive on offense or something like that. I was just pointing out what happened in the Rio Hondo game. Sounds like their defense shut down Rio Hondo pretty good though.

apache78
11-15-2015, 01:14 PM
I don't think Gonzales is that excited about scheduling them again either. We might, but after 2 years of murderer's row preseasons, which include Giddings, Navarro, Cuero, Yoakum, and Bellville, we need a break. We played LH last year and again this week, and in my opinion, Navarro's slot team is much more consistent than LH's offense was last year. Defensively, they have the best linebacking corp. as a whole than anyone else we have seen, and we have definitely seen some good one's this year.

lbjacj
11-15-2015, 01:32 PM
http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/tools/txhsfbmatchup.php?team1=Geronimo+Navarro&site=vs.&team2=Yoakum

Has Navarro winning 44-12 !

bd62
11-15-2015, 01:42 PM
SOS is great if you can get teams who want to play you! Ask Medina Valley and La Vernia why they do not want to schedule next year? Ocher teams I know of will not return calls I have been hearing and so the search continues!

Navarro has built a great program the past several yrs and you guys are proud of that as you should be. That does make scheduling teams harder but the teams your coach schedule are going to make you SOS lots better and you can found any weak spots playing these teams. A lost is non dist is really not bad if it helps your team get better. Cuero played Wharton, Port Lavaco , Columbus and Giddings in non dist and that young group got lots better and also got healthy and has peaked at right time. Yoakum played East Benard, Hallettsville, and last non dist game LaGrange . First 2 dist game were Cuero and Sinton so that was 3 top notch teams in a row. They took Lagrange and Sinton to OT and played competitive against a vastly improving Cuero team . It made the kids tougher and more experienced by playing those teams.

10ForTheWin
11-15-2015, 04:33 PM
Navarro has built a great program the past several yrs and you guys are proud of that as you should be. That does make scheduling teams harder but the teams your coach schedule are going to make you SOS lots better and you can found any weak spots playing these teams. A lost is non dist is really not bad if it helps your team get better. Cuero played Wharton, Port Lavaco , Columbus and Giddings in non dist and that young group got lots better and also got healthy and has peaked at right time. Yoakum played East Benard, Hallettsville, and last non dist game LaGrange . First 2 dist game were Cuero and Sinton so that was 3 top notch teams in a row. They took Lagrange and Sinton to OT and played competitive against a vastly improving Cuero team . It made the kids tougher and more experienced by playing those teams.
Did you not actually read his post? He said that we can't find better teams to play us in our area, and bigger teams won't. Yes we could travel 2 hours for our non district games and find teams to play, but that's not very economic.

1stnurseryman
11-15-2015, 04:46 PM
Cuero, Yoakum, Liberty Hill not 2 hours

10ForTheWin
11-15-2015, 04:50 PM
Cuero, Yoakum, Liberty Hill not 2 hours
Why would we play a team we would almost certainly meet in playoffs?? As for LH I would love to see that game played, and seeing that Goad has connections to them I am surprised it has not been played already. And LH is about hours from Navarro fyi

1stnurseryman
11-15-2015, 04:56 PM
It's not even y'all's SOS that we're questioning...it's the fact that y'all come on here all butt hurt when we think Yoakum has a chance in the game against y'all... Without a doubt y'all are the favorite in this game but Yoakum is a good team.. Don't look at their record they're a very young team who have played some good teams...

1stnurseryman
11-15-2015, 04:59 PM
Why would we play a team we would almost certainly meet in playoffs?? As for LH I would love to see that game played, and seeing that Goad has connections to them I am surprised it has not been played already. And LH is about hours from Navarro fyi

Cuero has played Wimberly and Liberty Hill in non district.. Those were some great games that made all these teams that mush better for a playoff run..

Tejastrue
11-15-2015, 05:33 PM
I miss those days of Cuero vs Wimberley...

bd62
11-15-2015, 08:38 PM
Did you not actually read his post? He said that we can't find better teams to play us in our area, and bigger teams won't. Yes we could travel 2 hours for our non district games and find teams to play, but that's not very economic.

I read BOC post several times and can not find the words" teams in our area" in his post. You read it again and if I missing that part than I don't mind saying I was wrong. My main point is your great program will have scheduling problems but other programs have same problem and have fill there
schedule.

10ForTheWin
11-15-2015, 08:40 PM
I read BOC post several times and can not find the words" teams in our area" in his post. You read it again and if I missing that part than I don't mind saying I was wrong. My main point is your great program will have scheduling problems but other programs have same problem and have fill there
schedule.
I would think in the area is implied? Most schools can't/won't travel very far for non district games.

RkptFltn
11-15-2015, 08:49 PM

My statement was implying that i could see Yoakum putting up alot of points. Im not saying they did against Rio Hondo. They take alot of shots down field and have some good speed and size on the outside.

Breacher9
11-16-2015, 03:07 PM
I don't think Gonzales is that excited about scheduling them again either. We might, but after 2 years of murderer's row preseasons, which include Giddings, Navarro, Cuero, Yoakum, and Bellville, we need a break. We played LH last year and again this week, and in my opinion, Navarro's slot team is much more consistent than LH's offense was last year. Defensively, they have the best linebacking corp. as a whole than anyone else we have seen, and we have definitely seen some good one's this year.

HMM not better than La Vernia's linebackers.. I have seen both and La Vernia's linebackers are two of the best in the state.

PurplePop
11-16-2015, 04:56 PM
My statement was implying that i could see Yoakum putting up alot of points. Im not saying they did against Rio Hondo. They take alot of shots down field and have some good speed and size on the outside.
They have some dangerous weapons on offense, definitely. But what worries me more is their defense. If you have a good defense, anything can happen, and Yoakum's D looks really strong.

10ForTheWin
11-16-2015, 05:18 PM
La Vernia's Linebackers didn't fare too well when put up against Navarro's Slot-T. So I really do hope they are the best in the State.

WOS87
11-16-2015, 05:59 PM
If you want to drive a few hours I'm sure WOS would love to schedule you. Maybe meet in Katy. :smoker: I could make that game!

Gontex
11-16-2015, 07:22 PM

Not sure why Yoakum losing to LG by a point is such a big deal. LG was obviously not as good this year as they have been in the past. Yoakum just barely got by Gonzales if you want to compare while Navarro wore the Apaches out.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-16-2015, 07:34 PM
Not sure why Yoakum losing to LG by a point is such a big deal. LG was obviously not as good this year as they have been in the past. Yoakum just barely got by Gonzales if you want to compare while Navarro wore the Apaches out.Are the Apaches that good?

By the way where is Westhoff! I found it on the map now but had never heard of that town. I'll be heading out there tomorrow, is yall newspaper come out on Tuesday or Thursday? Just drove to Palacios today now Westhoff

bd62
11-16-2015, 08:22 PM
Not sure why Yoakum losing to LG by a point is such a big deal. LG was obviously not as good this year as they have been in the past. Yoakum just barely got by Gonzales if you want to compare while Navarro wore the Apaches out.

Then Gonzales should not have any problem beating Liberty Hill if you use that logic because Lagrange beat them 35-20. Congs. In advance for the victory.

44INAROW
11-16-2015, 08:25 PM
Are the Apaches that good?

By the way where is Westhoff! I found it on the map now but had never heard of that town. I'll be heading out there tomorrow, is yall newspaper come out on Tuesday or Thursday? Just drove to Palacios today now Westhoff

Westhoff is 15 miles west of Cuero on Hwy 87. Between Cuero and Nixon. You might see an oil rig or two😜

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SintonFan_inAustin
11-16-2015, 08:40 PM
Westhoff is 15 miles west of Cuero on Hwy 87. Between Cuero and Nixon. You might see an oil rig or two��

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDmessage me the name of that restaurant again lol. keep forgetting the name every time i'm in the area. i'll take my lunch time there before I head back to Corpus.

d0tc0m
11-16-2015, 09:31 PM
It's only Monday, and this is already a very entertaining thread. Carry on, Panthers and Bulldogs, carry on.

Gontex
11-17-2015, 01:39 AM
Are the Apaches that good?

I honestly don't know how good the Apaches are. They did lose to quality opposition, and will most likely lose to LH, but hope springs eternal. I think last year was a closer game than a lot of people expected. LH got a big jump on the Apaches, but the Apaches played them pretty well even the rest of the way.

There are two newspapers in Gonzales. The Inquirer actually comes out on Monday and Thursday evenings while the Cannon comes out on Thursday morning. Both have pretty good write-ups and do a good job of evaluating the coming opponent.

Westoff is on highway 87 between Cuero and Smiley. It is about 35-40 miles from Gonzales. Not much there. What are you going to be doing there? We used to go to the White Leghorn there, but it has been closed for several years.

Gontex
11-17-2015, 01:44 AM
Then Gonzales should not have any problem beating Liberty Hill if you use that logic because Lagrange beat them 35-20. Congs. In advance for the victory.
Don't think I said that. Was merely pointing out that this years Leopard team just didn't seem to have the same skill level as they have in the past.

44INAROW
11-17-2015, 10:28 AM
message me the name of that restaurant again lol. keep forgetting the name every time i'm in the area. i'll take my lunch time there before I head back to Corpus.

SFIA - check em :) I assume you meant in Cuero..

SintonFan_inAustin
11-17-2015, 02:12 PM
SFIA - check em :) I assume you meant in Cuero..

Yea got it. Just waiting to be done here so I can go eat.

SaltySixes
11-17-2015, 02:25 PM
La Vernia's Linebackers didn't fare too well when put up against Navarro's Slot-T. So I really do hope they are the best in the State.

Me too! Would be very nice. Lol.

10ForTheWin
11-17-2015, 02:36 PM
Who's the home team? Navarro has been playing great in white so I'm hoping for away tbh :cool:

YTBulldogs
11-17-2015, 02:39 PM
Who's the home team? Navarro has been playing great in white so I'm hoping for away tbh :cool:

Yoakum is home. So, you'll be fine 10-4-win. Safe travels.

10ForTheWin
11-17-2015, 02:46 PM
Yoakum is home. So, you'll be fine 10-4-win. Safe travels.
Thanks! Y'all drive safe as well.

LV_Bearfan
11-17-2015, 07:28 PM
Good linebackers don't help if you have no outside containment, and your secondary can't tackle. La Vernia has now righted the ship in that regard.

SaltySixes
11-17-2015, 07:54 PM
Good linebackers don't help if you have no outside containment, and your secondary can't tackle. La Vernia has now righted the ship in that regard.

I disagree I think our secondary can tackle as well as almost any team in the region...

10ForTheWin
11-17-2015, 08:11 PM
I disagree I think our secondary can tackle as well as almost any team in the region...
I don't think he was talking about Navarro's secondary, that being said I was waiting for you to respond to that 😂

LV_Bearfan
11-17-2015, 09:23 PM
I don't think he was talking about Navarro's secondary, that being said I was waiting for you to respond to that 😂

Yep, I was talking about La Vernia and why our linebackers were netralized early in the season. They are the same duo that terrorized Navarro last season and ate up their slot-t like a small appetizer. I'm curious whether Coach Robinson will have the same success at Yoakum in this regard. Still, I'm taking Navarro in this one. They appear to be a notch better than past years.

SaltySixes
11-17-2015, 09:34 PM

Yea yea, your right. I just couldn't let that fly lol. :D

PurplePop
11-19-2015, 08:53 AM
Didn't want this week to pass without saying that we in the Seguin area consider Yoakum our neighbor. Our kids have played Yoakum in Little League district level games over the years. It's a great town with great people. Good luck to the Bulldogs tomorrow night. Praying that every kid stays healthy.

pancho villa
11-19-2015, 09:26 AM
A tornado is coming to Bastrop from Yoakum Friday night!!

PurplePop
11-19-2015, 09:29 AM
A tornado is coming to Bastrop from Yoakum Friday night!!
Would that tornado have the initials p.v.?

bd62
11-19-2015, 09:55 AM
Didn't want this week to pass without saying that we in the Seguin area consider Yoakum our neighbor. Our kids have played Yoakum in Little League district level games over the years. It's a great town with great people. Good luck to the Bulldogs tomorrow night. Praying that every kid stays healthy.

Thanks for those kind words.Also pray for safe travel for both Navarro and Yoakum fans and a injury free game. Navarro has build an athletic program that is something special and you guys are very proud of that as you should be. After this season Yoakum will be dropping to 3AD1 . I will miss all the great dist we have been in for yrs with such great community support and very passionate and class fans as evident by most of the posters on the DownLow. What a great site for info on teams and also people that make you laugh like Cam from Burnet.

Breacher9
11-19-2015, 10:25 AM
Yep, I was talking about La Vernia and why our linebackers were netralized early in the season. They are the same duo that terrorized Navarro last season and ate up their slot-t like a small appetizer. I'm curious whether Coach Robinson will have the same success at Yoakum in this regard. Still, I'm taking Navarro in this one. They appear to be a notch better than past years.

I agree Bearfan. Those two linebackers are studly, but against a Slot-T team they can only do so much. When you have a linebacker win the District overall MVP, that is pretty special. I am taking Navarro in this one, they are rolling with that Slot-T this year.

1stnurseryman
11-19-2015, 11:08 AM
Without a doubt Navarro is the favorite in this game.. Yoakum must stay in striking distance going into the 4th quarter are this game could get ugly..

SaltySixes
11-19-2015, 03:22 PM
I agree Bearfan. Those two linebackers are studly, but against a Slot-T team they can only do so much. When you have a linebacker win the District overall MVP, that is pretty special. I am taking Navarro in this one, they are rolling with that Slot-T this year.

Im fairly sure that our best middle linebacker #7, Jake Wright, won the overall district mvp last year. He is pretty special, and our best player. Sorry for bringing this up, but if the two LV linebackers deserve so much special recognition than Jake definitely does too.

panfan
11-19-2015, 03:56 PM

We played Navarro when My boy was a freshman and again during his sophomore year. Then we went D1 and ya'll went D2. Of course that didn't mean anything since we played La Grange the last three years. Anyway, I suspect our preseason lineup consists of teams that help prepare us for district and post district play,which is primarily teams that don't run the T.

Good luck to both teams - Navarro takes this one by two scores or more.

Breacher9
11-19-2015, 04:06 PM
Im fairly sure that our best middle linebacker #7, Jake Wright, won the overall district mvp last year. He is pretty special, and our best player. Sorry for bringing this up, but if the two LV linebackers deserve so much special recognition than Jake definitely does too.

You're right if he won the overall MVP as a linebacker that is pretty special. It is usually won by some offensive player with amazing stats. I have seen the Jake Wright kid play and he is special! He is def in the same league with the LV boys.

Blue42
11-19-2015, 05:45 PM
Have to go with Purple on this one you need to have a good D line when facing the Wing T and the Big Blue D may run short . Wishing a good safe game for all.

bd62
11-19-2015, 07:22 PM
Have to go with Purple on this one you need to have a good D line when facing the Wing T and the Big Blue D may run short . Wishing a good safe game for all.

Hey Blue is Drew back to full strength.Saw the game Friday and he made a good run . Score so one/sided they did not let him pass. Cuero really looking good and should win by at least a couple of TD. You right Yoakum will have there hands full with Navarro. Defense has improved a lot after a couple of personnel moves and they ready bought into Coach Robinson philosophy on defense. But Navarro is very impressive and will be very tough to match up against like you said.

bag-o-chips
11-19-2015, 07:25 PM
Wishing all safe travels and and injury free game for both teams!

SaltySixes
11-20-2015, 03:14 PM
Finally Game day! I hope the bulldogs are ready, I know the Panthers will be. :cool:

Tejastrue
11-20-2015, 03:30 PM
Go Panthers!!

region4fan
11-20-2015, 08:17 PM
Go dogs!!

10ForTheWin
11-20-2015, 09:44 PM
Navarro 37, Yoakum 7 - Halftime

10ForTheWin
11-20-2015, 11:07 PM
Navarro 54, Yoakum 15 - Final

bd62
11-20-2015, 11:27 PM

Conga to Navarro. Yaw Hava a great team on both sides of ball. Good luck rest of way.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2015, 11:34 PM

Great win and impressive outcome.

Great season Bulldogs, some talented young players on the team and should be a force next season in 3a.

10ForTheWin
11-20-2015, 11:40 PM
Great win and impressive outcome.

Great season Bulldogs, some talented young players on the team and should be a force next season in 3a.
Just heard some bad news that y'alls QB got injured tonight? I am hoping this is just a rumor.

bag-o-chips
11-21-2015, 12:54 AM
Just some quick stats from the game.

Navarro 578 yds offense of which 492 yds rushing with 3 backs over 100 yds each. Allowed the most yards this year on Defense giving up 226 yds.

bag-o-chips
11-21-2015, 01:01 AM

Well as usual Snots had this one wrong. If Bo knows how to stop the slot T he must have left that book in L a Vernia but if he would answer his phone and return a call he would have 2 more chances in Non District the next 2 years ! 492 rushing bubbles with 3 backs over 100 each! There you go Snot bubbles!

regaleagle
11-21-2015, 01:06 AM
Don't want to jinx the Panthers, but just to let you know BOC: I have y'all in the final in my bracket...............against Celina................with Celina winning. :smoker:

10ForTheWin
11-21-2015, 01:12 AM
Don't want to jinx the Panthers, but just to let you know BOC: I have y'all in the final in my bracket...............against Celina................with Celina winning. :smoker:
Great minds think alike :cool:

10ForTheWin
11-21-2015, 01:13 AM
Just some quick stats from the game.

Navarro 578 yds offense of which 492 yds rushing with 3 backs over 100 yds each. Allowed the most yards this year on Defense giving up 226 yds.
I would've thought week broke 100y passing? Just a little short I guess!

WOS87
11-21-2015, 01:44 AM
Good luck with that :wave:

SaltySixes
11-21-2015, 02:34 AM
Maybe D13 isnt so different from district D15 after all?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2015, 02:43 AM
Maybe D13 isnt so different from district D15 after all?
good win, move ahead no time to gloat over a win in the playoffs.

SaltySixes
11-21-2015, 02:54 AM
good win, move ahead no time to gloat over a win in the playoffs.

Lol, just pointing something out.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2015, 03:13 AM
Lol, just pointing something out.

Lol np.

Hopefully both region iv games next week are on different dates or times, would like to see both 3rd rd games.

Tejastrue
11-21-2015, 08:52 AM
Congrats Panthers!!

PurplePop
11-21-2015, 09:44 AM
Congrats Panthers!!
Go get 'em, Texans!

YTBulldogs
11-21-2015, 11:33 AM
Congrats Navarro. Solid team, well coached. Best wishes moving on.

SaltySixes
11-21-2015, 12:25 PM
It's not even y'all's SOS that we're questioning...it's the fact that y'all come on here all butt hurt when we think Yoakum has a chance in the game against y'all... Without a doubt y'all are the favorite in this game but Yoakum is a good team.. Don't look at their record they're a very young team who have played some good teams...

Turns out we weren't just but hurt.

10ForTheWin
11-21-2015, 01:16 PM
Turns out we weren't just but hurt.
Butt hurt has to Ts get it right Salty ;)

SaltySixes
11-21-2015, 05:37 PM
Butt hurt has to Ts get it right Salty ;)

Two*

10ForTheWin
11-21-2015, 05:38 PM
Two*

1stnurseryman
11-21-2015, 08:55 PM
Dos tambien