....@ Porter - 7:30 PM Friday

Gonna be a goodun.

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1694

Leopardfan201
11-12-2015, 11:42 PM
Good game...2 great teams..but give me kilgore by 9

KilgoreDogs9753
11-13-2015, 08:28 AM
Man what a gm this should be between two of the better smash mouth running teams.. If I'm to guess I would say this gm probably doesn't last longer than 2 hrs. Does El Campo throw the ball how balanced is the Birdies Offense?? Anyone got some stats for El Campo??

The way Kilgore's Offense has been playing i honestly think they will give El Campo problems.. I know El Campo will get theirs but I'm betting if mistake free football from Kilgore I think they will stop El Campo more from scoring than El Campo stopping Kilgore..

coachrpawpaw
11-13-2015, 09:42 AM
I've seen both play. El Campo will win this game by two or three TD's. Too much offense from El Campo's running game. I have no ties to either team.

KilgoreDogs9753
11-13-2015, 10:04 AM
What gm exactly did u see Kilgore play?? If u say one of the first 2 gms then u have a surprise coming!!!! It's gonna be a darn good gm I guarantee u that I'm pretty sure the fans will get their money's worth in this one!!!!!

lostaussie
11-13-2015, 10:07 AM
What gm exactly did u see Kilgore play?? If u say one of the first 2 gms then u have a surprise coming!!!! It's gonna be a darn good gm I guarantee u that I'm pretty sure the fans will get their money's worth in this one!!!!!

What in the world happened against Henderson. Did y'all rest some guys??

KilgoreDogs9753
11-13-2015, 10:15 AM
That's the past we don't look behind us!!!! I have slept since then anyways can't remember but I hope Kilgore's Oppenents get that gm video and game plan around how Henderson beat Kilgore..... So far 1 team fell for that Kilgore team

coachrpawpaw
11-13-2015, 10:48 AM
i saw ya'll beat Carthage and Brownsboro. Ya'll have a good team but not as good as El Campo. I'll back off and say 2 touch downs. Don't take it personal.

Starlinmarlin
11-13-2015, 11:04 AM
Man what a gm this should be between two of the better smash mouth running teams.. If I'm to guess I would say this gm probably doesn't last longer than 2 hrs. Does El Campo throw the ball how balanced is the Birdies Offense?? Anyone got some stats for El Campo??

The way Kilgore's Offense has been playing i honestly think they will give El Campo problems.. I know El Campo will get theirs but I'm betting if mistake free football from Kilgore I think they will stop El Campo more from scoring than El Campo stopping Kilgore..

EC will pound the ball all game. If EC gets 400 yards of offense 350 will come on the ground. EC is loaded in the backfield with 2 backs that will play on the next level. Tae Harris (currently commuted to Texas State) is a smaller back with true break away spead. He is the change of pace back that will get big yardage when teams key on EC's primary back Kevin Dove. Dove (currently committed to UTEP) is a big punishing runner at 6' 235#. He is, in my opinion a very under-rated running back in the college recruiting circle. He has SEC size and power. True break away speed is what probably keeps him from being offered by every major program (listed at 4.6 40 but maybe closer to 4.7?). EC's QB is a very good runner as well. EC's weakness, as usual, will be the size of its line on both sides of the ball. EC's defense has also been inconsistent this season. EC defended the pass very well against a very good passing attack by St. Pius and actually was winning that game 10-7 at the start of the 4th before the wheels fell off. EC also held a very good rushing offense in Stafford to 1 touchdown in regulation. They can play "D" just sometimes, often early in games, they just haven't been as disciplined as past EC teams. If EC plays a clean game and doesn't get behind the chains with offensive penaltys, they will get there's. Can the EC defense be disinclined and stop Kilgore will be the diffence in the game.

waterboy
11-13-2015, 11:13 AM
For those of you who don't know, Kilgore has changed it's offense this season. It took them a few games to get rolling. The first two games were plagued with turnovers and lack of execution against good teams. Except for the hiccup against Henderson, a long time rival, they have really limited mistakes which has translated to wins. It's hard to say what will happen when they meet up with El Campo. I think it'll come down to the same ol', same ol' ; turnovers, penalties, miscues, and whichever defense plays better. I think this game will be close, and could go either way. I'm leaning toward Kilgore, though.

KilgoreDogs9753
11-13-2015, 11:13 AM
So ur telling me u just drove to Kilgore, Tx to watch a hs football team u have no ties to and one Friday u decided to go watch El Campo play hs football that u have no ties to?? So I'm taking it u wanted to watch these two teams for what?? Just in case they met up and played each other just so u can have ur prediction on who would beat who?? Hmmm I don't know about that!!!!

waterboy
11-13-2015, 11:52 AM
So ur telling me u just drove to Kilgore, Tx to watch a hs football team u have no ties to and one Friday u decided to go watch El Campo play hs football that u have no ties to?? So I'm taking it u wanted to watch these two teams for what?? Just in case they met up and played each other just so u can have ur prediction on who would beat who?? Hmmm I don't know about that!!!!

It's not that umcommon for somebody who loves high school football to travel around and watch different teams, especially in the state of Texas. If he says he did, I believe him. The thing is, though, sometimes teams don't "look" that good when playing other teams in own region. There's not much way you can compare teams unless they play the same opponents, or teams from the same region. It would be pure speculation, and everybody is entitled to their opinion.

ECBirdFan
11-13-2015, 11:58 AM
It is gonna be smash mouth Texas High School football. The kind most everyone loves to see. Can't wait.

Go Birds!!!!!!!!!

HEMOTOXIC
11-13-2015, 12:48 PM
This is a very intriguing 2nd round match up. Dove and company gave Navasota fits last season. Had it not been for Navasota's passing attack, the birds would have easily won that matchup.

Should be a good one. Give me El Campo in a close game.

Weebe
11-13-2015, 01:31 PM
For those of you who don't know, Kilgore has changed it's offense this season. It took them a few games to get rolling.

So Kilgore passes the ball now?

lostaussie
11-13-2015, 01:32 PM

I do it all the time:D

Aggie98
11-13-2015, 02:14 PM
So Kilgore passes the ball now?

We're still about 90/10 run-pass. We run out of the spread pistol now instead of the "I".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lostaussie
11-13-2015, 02:31 PM
We're still about 90/10 run-pass. We run out of the spread pistol now instead of the "I".

Well according to my bracket, you need a couple more W's

Pudlugger
11-13-2015, 03:43 PM
Kilgore will stop the Ricebird's running game and get the upset. Bulldogs by 7. 28-21.

Weebe
11-13-2015, 05:36 PM
Upset?

speedbump
11-13-2015, 05:41 PM
Upset?

Looks like Pigskin Prep will have the Birds favored by 4.

Weebe
11-13-2015, 05:53 PM
That surprises me. But, this is a much better match up for EC than a passing team would be.

I can't remember the last time El Campo has had a good pass defense.

speedbump
11-13-2015, 06:01 PM
That surprises me. But, this is a much better match up for EC than a passing team would be.

I can't remember the last time El Campo has had a good pass defense.

The last was probably the year Kilgore beat us with that big old running back. Can't remember his his name but maybe we can return the favor with Dove and co.

Aggie98
11-13-2015, 06:23 PM
The last was probably the year Kilgore beat us with that big old running back. Can't remember his his name but maybe we can return the favor with Dove and co.

Keith Gilliam. He was 5'8" - 205, but he ran like he was 235.

speedbump
11-13-2015, 07:20 PM
Keith Gilliam. He was 5'8" - 205, but he ran like he was 235.

I listened to that game on the radio. Sounded like he was dragging Ricebirds everywhere he went that night. You would think I could remember his name as often as I heard it.

Aggie98
11-13-2015, 07:43 PM
I listened to that game on the radio. Sounded like he was dragging Ricebirds everywhere he went that night. You would think I could remember his name as often as I heard it.

I was there.... the wind was blowing a steady 35-40 mph through Waco ISD Stadium and it was cold. I think we ran the same offensive play every single snap in the 2nd half. I remember EC having a really fast RB and Arkeith Brown who did a little bit of everything.

speedbump
11-14-2015, 04:36 PM
Kilgore will stop the Ricebird's running game and get the upset. Bulldogs by 7. 28-21.

Stafford is the only team that has done that in the last two years. I don't think Kilgore has that kind of D.

bird_fan
11-14-2015, 08:49 PM
[QUOTE=speedbump;1883244]I listened to that game on the radio. Sounded like he was dragging Ricebirds everywhere he went that night. You would think I could remember his name as often as I heard it.
I remember that game very well because that wek ad been so depressing. Because that was the week El Campo had all that flooding so many houses were damaged people lost their homes. The flooding was so bad the football team had trouble practicing and preparomg for the game even had to bus to Rosenburg to find an outside area for practice. just was a bad week for folks in El Campo. A win that could have really been an uplifting thing. I was so proud of our kids he held their head high and played hard but in the end lost to the better team thew stare champs). So its our time this time beside we have gotten used to beating Red Bulldogs from East Texas. Just need a stellar defensive effort.

Dawgs
11-14-2015, 09:38 PM
Stafford is the only team that has done that in the last two years. I don't think Kilgore has that kind of D.
Carthage last year did a decent job of "slowing down" the run. Dang sure didn't stop it. Still gave up +/- 170 yards to Dove if I remember correctly, but we did a good job shutting the QB down and set the edges well to contain the outside run game. How does EC team measure up to last years team? Honestly, I think they will have to be alot better than last years team to come out with a victory in this one. I have grown to respect EC, but I think this year's Kilgore team is pretty good. Regardless it should be an old school smash mouth ball game. Wish I could attend. Based on playing style it will be a close game either way.

bird_fan
11-14-2015, 09:58 PM
Carthage last year did a decent job of "slowing down" the run. Dang sure didn't stop it. Still gave up +/- 170 yards to Dove if I remember correctly, but we did a good job shutting the QB down and set the edges well to contain the outside run game. How does EC team measure up to last years team? Honestly, I think they will have to be alot better than last years team to come out with a victory in this one. I have grown to respect EC, but I think this year's Kilgore team is pretty good. Regardless it should be an old school smash mouth ball game. Wish I could attend. Based on playing style it will be a close game either way.
I think the main difference betwen this year and last year is the chagein Head coaches. Coach Gillis was to EC fans about the same as Carthage see Coach Surraut like one of the best we had. So natrually he has big shoes to fill. Right now the offense seems to be peaking maybe still getting better so I like the Birds chances

Aggie98
11-17-2015, 01:56 PM
Dadgum that's a big 'ole RB! What are y'all feeding that kid?

speedbump
11-17-2015, 02:56 PM

Bulldogs

bird_fan
11-17-2015, 02:59 PM

and RICE LOL

Aggie98
11-17-2015, 03:02 PM
Bulldogs

I was thinking Wheaties.... or Wheatley's.

KilgoreDogs9753
11-17-2015, 08:46 PM
Ahh... It's Hunting Season and time to do some DOVE Hunting....!!!!!

Starlinmarlin
11-18-2015, 01:56 AM
Better bring some "T" shot cause 7 1/2's aren't going to bring this dove down!

bird_fan
11-18-2015, 05:10 PM
Ahh... It's Hunting Season and time to do some DOVE Hunting....!!!!!

thats good one!!!!!
does anyone know whos home and visitors.

Aggie98
11-18-2015, 06:24 PM
thats good one!!!!!
does anyone know whos home and visitors.

Kilgore is home.

bird_fan
11-23-2015, 03:18 AM
was a great Game just like 2004. Kilgore is a class program.

Aggie98
11-23-2015, 11:41 AM
was a great Game just like 2004. Kilgore is a class program.

Thanks bird_fan. Good luck to EC going forward... you guys have a very good, high class football team. Slowing down Dove and Harris is much easier said than done with that offensive line.

I was particularly impressed with Dove's sportsmanship after the game. He patted every single one of our players on the helmet and then went out of his way to shake our coaches' hands afterward. High quality young man right there.