PDA

View Full Version : Region II D-1 Playoff contenders. Survival of the fittest and luckiest.

regaleagle
11-08-2015, 02:20 PM
1.Kennedale(10-0). Highest ranking team in Region II D-1. Runs the Wing-T to perfection and has big lines. Every rusher is fast and can block. Defense has been very stingy. Closest score by an opponent was Kaufman(9-1) 43-35.....Kaufman's only loss of the season. Kennedale averages 59.7 pts/game this season.....albeit some of its competition was very weak. Still, they played the backups and the starters sat out many minutes in the 2nd halfs.
2.Argyle(9-1). Second ranked in R2 D1 to only Kennedale. Runs the spread effectively with a balance between the run and pass. Good passing qb in Ledford. Has a 5 pronged attack with Sweatt at rb, Estrada, McCook, Chalk, and Ledford. Oline is big, and defense is stellar. Secondary is suspect at times. Only loss to top-ranked Celina(10-0) 46-36 in Celina 3rd game of the season. Argyle is much improved now. The Eagles average 48.4 pts/game this season against better competition than Kennedale.
3.Liberty Eylau(9-1). Right in the mix with Kennedale and Argyle. Played the stiffest competition among all R2 D1 teams. Only loss to Gilmer(10-0)50-45 in the opening game of the season. QB Kemon Freeman is their offensive leader and biggest threat, even though they have many athletes that can score. Team speed is excellent. Defense has become much improved. Lines have plenty of size. Very athletic and multi-talented team with a minimum of 4-5 Division 1 commits. The offense is balanced between the run and pass. The Leopards average 47.5 pts/game against the stiffest competition of all contenders.
4.Kaufman(9-1). Under the radar very dangerous team. Only loss to Kennedale as mentioned above. The Lions have a very stingy defense....perhaps one of the best in this division. Their offense averages 40.6 pts/game this season. Not sure what kind of weapons they have, though. Could not find any season stats on them. I imagine they run for more yds than they pass. Kaufman may prove to be very tough to beat.
5.Pittsburg(9-1). Another quality team with a tough defense. The Pirates only loss was to Liberty Eylau 28-0. This team is scary good with Sr.qb Baca passing for over 1700 yds and rushing for over 600 yds. this season. Senior RB Tray Walker has over 1300 yds. rushing also. The offense runs it more than they throw it, but are threats both ways. A very good team that could go deep in the playoffs. The Lions also average 40.6 pts/game this season.
5.Sanger(9-1). Only loss this season was last week to Argyle 66-27. This Indians squad is very young, but has managed to beat more experienced teams all season long. They like to run the ball and control the game, although they will pass it to keep you guessing. Sanger could surprise one of the contenders.
6. Princeton(7-3). Look out for this team.....very dangerous. They stuck with LE last week until the final quarter in a rain-soaked and muddy playing condition that did not favor their passing attack. QB Colt Collins, Sr.(1500+passing/675 rushing) and George Flores, Sr.(1500 rushing) lead the offensive attack with a couple of other senior receivers that each have over 450 yds. The Panthers offense averages 38.7 pts/game.....a well-rounded team that has played and beaten some good teams. Their other losses were to Pittsburg and Arlington Heights. Princeton should not be taken lightly.
7. Athens(7-3). Another dangerous and very athletic team that lost the first two games of the season to Henderson and Diboll, then reeled off wins until they lost a tough-fought battle to Kaufman for the district title 25-22. The Hornets have Texas A&M commit Travon Fuller at WR and like to throw it around as well as run it. I could not find any stats on this team, but the offense averages 33.8 pts/game. I know this team is athletic and has some talented players. They will face Princeton in the Bidistrict playoff round this week. Should be a very close game.
Other contenders: Van(6-4); Crandall(6-4); Paris(6-4). These 3 teams could beat any team in the playoffs if they get on a roll.

toddg
11-08-2015, 08:52 PM
Alvarado(8-2) may have a say in that region..we're young and hungry!!

regaleagle
11-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Dadgummit!!! I knew I was leaving out a good team somewhere Toddg. Hey do everybody a favor and list Alvarado's numbers and offense for us....would you please?

toddg
11-08-2015, 09:35 PM
Dadgummit!!! I knew I was leaving out a good team somewhere Toddg. Hey do everybody a favor and list Alvarado's numbers and offense for us....would you please?
avg. 36 pts a game

Total yards
First downs
Rushing yards
Yds/Att
Passing yards
Yds/Catch

TEAM STATS

Passing
Comp. Pct.
Yards
TD
INT

Rushing
Att
Yds
Avg
TD

nothing fancy, just smashmouth football.

regaleagle
11-08-2015, 09:56 PM
Alvarado had 2 losses to two ranked teams.....Waco La Vega and Kennedale. They are definitely a team that could do well in the playoffs.

Aguilafanatico
11-09-2015, 12:19 AM
Alvarado had 2 losses to two ranked teams.....Waco La Vega and Kennedale. They are definitely a team that could do well in the playoffs.

Region 2 is loaded.

Wayne
11-09-2015, 07:00 AM
Region 2 is scary!

d0tc0m
11-09-2015, 09:42 AM
Region II is downright nasty. Lots of teams with a legitimate shot of coming out of this one with a good chance, then, at making it to NRG. Argyle, LE, Kennedale and Pittsburg are all easy picks. But I sure wouldn't want to play Alvarado or Kaufman, or a quickly improving Princeton team right now.

This will be the bracket to watch each week during this postseason. Tasty matchups every single week.

lostaussie
11-09-2015, 10:11 AM
Pitt is a sleeper and if I remember the bracket correctly they could get Argyle in round 2. Very deep region for sure.

Caveman
11-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Possible schedule for Argyle. Lake Worth, Pittsburg, Kennedale, Liberty-Eylau. If they make it that far they will definitely be battle tested. Carthage and Navasota could be a tasty match-up.

slingshot
11-09-2015, 06:22 PM
I just hope they beat each other up before the semi's... ;)