PDA

View Full Version : La Grange (7-3) vs. Wharton (7-3) Friday Night in Victoria

Scoop27
11-08-2015, 09:36 AM
Here is a more up to date thread on this game
Let's get it started.

I feel the Tigers can hang with the Leps if they cut down on the penalties and turnovers which hurt them in their three losses. They had decent chances to beat Stafford and El Campo and played Bellville tough for three quarters..

One question is can the Leopards handle the Tigers speed and quickness?

Wharton webcast feed
http://www.96country.com/

La Grange webcast feed
http://www.kvlgkbuk.com/

Pudlugger
11-08-2015, 11:21 AM
The leps have plenty of speed this year. They are the fastest LG team I have witnessed since 1999. Liberty Hill, La Vernia, Yoakum, Taylor, Caldwell and Giddings all have teams with good to excellent speed. The Leps won 4 out of 6 and were in all of these games losing to Caldwell and Giddings late in the 4th quarters. Our lose to Fredericksburg is an outlyer. The Billies just had a really great game and the Leps were caught flat footed. On Friday if our defense comes to play and gets 2 or 3 stops we should win with our offense putting up their average 33. If it becomes a shooting match it will be like basketball and come down to the last possession. I don't think it will get out of hand for either team and the winner will squeak by up a td or so. Leps 35-27.

pirate4state
11-08-2015, 07:07 PM
I want to trust Wharton, but I just can't. If you get them down early -- they stay down and despite being loaded with talent they are not known to be a disciplined team (see turnovers, penalties)

LG 14+

cards4me
11-08-2015, 07:56 PM
I want to trust Wharton, but I just can't. If you get them down early -- they stay down and despite being loaded with talent they are not known to be a disciplined team (see turnovers, penalties)

LG 14+

You may be a little confused

Leopardfan201
11-08-2015, 08:16 PM
14+ that LG wins..is too much..wharton is a dam good team and could win this game..but i just cant count out LG bcs we have dobbins with a bunch of other good players...but dobbins is such an amazing player one of the best RB in the country...hes a game changer and can take it to the house on any down..LG by 10

bd62
11-08-2015, 08:30 PM
This will be the best first round playoff game in 4A D2. Two very good teams with lots of talent . I think LG will win by a late TD . I saw Dobbins against Yoakum and is just a amazing player with great vision and can take it to the house from anywhere on field. LG pass defense was suspect when I saw them and if they got that fixed they will be OK. Who does winner face in second round.

Leopardfan201
11-08-2015, 08:34 PM
The winner plays WOS..but LG seen them last year. So we know a lil bit about them..but hands down still the best team in R3

PurplePop
11-08-2015, 08:47 PM
The winner plays WOS..but LG seen them last year. So we know a lil bit about them..but hands down still the best team in R3
LG's losses this year were all to high octane offenses. Wharton is strong but can't put points on board like Giddings, Caldwell and Fred. (before QB got hurt). All things being equal, I favor LG. But Wharton can take it if they play inspired and don't turn it over. Definitely, best game of first round.

Leopardfan201
11-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Very tru..those r all high powered offenses..LG has been working on thr pass defense... If they cant sumhow.. Fix it ..than watch out..bcs our offense will score points..

Pudlugger
11-08-2015, 09:02 PM

LG 14+

I know that in the past this was the case but with the present Tiger coaching staff these kids are playing very well. I would not recommend going into this game thinking the Tigers will crump. The Leps will need one of their best games to get by this team especially our defense. If we cannot defend the Tiger pass attack we will have a big problem advancing. Fortunately Coach Kates has studied the problem and has made several adjustments since week 5 when Fredericksburg exposed our weakness in the secondary. It is a work in progress but the last 3 games showed much improvement even though we went 1-2. The Oklahoma 3 man down front did not work when we tried it against Yoakum. We will need an aggressive pass rush and big time blitzing to pressure the Qb while our CBs need to come up to the LOS to meet and bump the WRs to interrupt their routes and take away the short pass to the flats for 5-7 yards on first downs. With Dobbins as strong safety coming over we can insure against the WR getting away for a long gainer.Failing to defend the under the chains passing attack is what cost us the game against Caldwell. That and not securing the middle allowing their stout and powerful little rb to gain 5-6 yards per carry. We must not make these errors on defense Friday or we will be one and done. Go Leps.

pirate4state
11-08-2015, 10:10 PM
You may be a little confused could be. I am just basing my opinion off the past, but if they have a new coaching staff that have tightened things up for the Tigers well then I like them a lot in this match up!

I know that in the past this was the case but with the present Tiger coaching staff these kids are playing very well. I would not recommend going into this game thinking the Tigers will crump. The Leps will need one of their best games to get by this team especially our defense. If we cannot defend the Tiger pass attack we will have a big problem advancing. Fortunately Coach Kates has studied the problem and has made several adjustments since week 5 when Fredericksburg exposed our weakness in the secondary. It is a work in progress but the last 3 games showed much improvement even though we went 1-2. The Oklahoma 3 man down front did not work when we tried it against Yoakum. We will need an aggressive pass rush and big time blitzing to pressure the Qb while our CBs need to come up to the LOS to meet and bump the WRs to interrupt their routes and take away the short pass to the flats for 5-7 yards on first downs. With Dobbins as strong safety coming over we can insure against the WR getting away for a long gainer.Failing to defend the under the chains passing attack is what cost us the game against Caldwell. That and not securing the middle allowing their stout and powerful little rb to gain 5-6 yards per carry. We must not make these errors on defense Friday or we will be one and done. Go Leps.
Good luck to both of y'all!

speedbump
11-08-2015, 11:04 PM
If Wharton brings their A game they win 46-28. If they don't they win 39-35.

WOS87
11-09-2015, 02:31 AM
Good luck to both! I may actually make the game next week against the winner if it's close to Houston. Look for my WOS87 Mustang Jersey

Pudlugger
11-09-2015, 09:58 AM
Because of seeding schemata the game that most likely indicates which of the two districts is strongest is the one where the 2nd team plays the third. The 1st team 4th team almost always goes to the 1st team no matter the district. So the usual scenario if you go by seeding is 2-2 but if a third place team beats the second and the rest goes according to the seeding(most likely) then it is 3-1. D11 and D12 are so closely matched with Bellville Wharton vs Giddings La Grange in the top 10 or 15 in DII that it will be a very close game.

hookandladder
11-09-2015, 10:01 AM
The leps have plenty of speed this year. They are the fastest LG team I have witnessed since 1999. Liberty Hill, La Vernia, Yoakum, Taylor, Caldwell and Giddings all have teams with good to excellent speed. The Leps won 4 out of 6 and were in all of these games losing to Caldwell and Giddings late in the 4th quarters. Our lose to Fredericksburg is an outlyer. The Billies just had a really great game and the Leps were caught flat footed. On Friday if our defense comes to play and gets 2 or 3 stops we should win with our offense putting up their average 33. If it becomes a shooting match it will be like basketball and come down to the last possession. I don't think it will get out of hand for either team and the winner will squeak by up a td or so. Leps 35-27.

They are the fastest LG team I have witnessed since 1999

I find this very hard to believe from an overall team speed wise, other then JK I would say there were several teams as fast or faster then this years team. This game will come down to the passes game of Wharton, we all know what LG is going to do. JK, JK and more JK, can you stop him. Leps by a TD.

Pudlugger
11-09-2015, 12:25 PM
They are the fastest LG team I have witnessed since 1999

I find this very hard to believe from an overall team speed wise, other then JK I would say there were several teams as fast or faster then this years team. This game will come down to the passes game of Wharton, we all know what LG is going to do. JK, JK and more JK, can you stop him. Leps by a TD.

Hook could you please name which team you think was faster and why. I agree Leps by a td and it all hinges on our pass defense. Go Leps!

hookandladder
11-09-2015, 02:16 PM
Hook could you please name which team you think was faster and why. I agree Leps by a td and it all hinges on our pass defense. Go Leps!

You name me other then JK who you think is really fast, I would bet money the 2013 team had more overall team speed then this years team and remember JK was on that team. Just curious who other then JK has anywhere close to Hutchinson's speed, I would bet no one.

Dogs_21
11-09-2015, 04:48 PM
If Wharton take care of the football 35-21. Go Tigers!!!

Pudlugger
11-09-2015, 05:42 PM
You name me other then JK who you think is really fast, I would bet money the 2013 team had more overall team speed then this years team and remember JK was on that team. Just curious who other then JK has anywhere close to Hutchinson's speed, I would bet no one.

Granted 2013 team was darn fast. This team overall seems to have more speed although no single player can match Hutchison other than Dobbins. Our O line is seems a step quicker and on defense our secondary is faster now imo. The Leps have had more speed than usual in the past 5 years so it is splitting hairs really as to which is the fastest. We have a freshman kid this year that really can turn on the heat named Haardt #24. Can we agree just that they are fast and leave it at that for now. We will see how they match up with Wharton's speedsters Friday.