PDA

View Full Version : Celina vs Venus Friday 7:30 Frisco Memorial Stadium Bi Dist.

orange machine
11-07-2015, 11:21 PM
Don't ever want to take a team lightly, but this game will most likely get ugly fast.

d0tc0m
11-07-2015, 11:23 PM
Really ugly, really fast. Get in, get points quick, get the starters out healthy, move on.

Celina by however many they decide is enough. Pingleton can probably throw for 7 first-half touchdowns for the 3rd straight week if he wants.

WOS87
11-07-2015, 11:30 PM
Sorry but you don't have anything to worry about until four weeks from now. Let's be real. Things will get interesting for us in 2 weeks.

d0tc0m
11-07-2015, 11:34 PM
Sorry but you don't have anything to worry about until four weeks from now. Let's be real. Things will get interesting for us in 2 weeks.

Yup. Our JV teams could probably win this week.

orange machine
11-07-2015, 11:55 PM
I know Celina's backups could have beat Krums first string. How do I know because they did last night in the 2nd half. Of course that's after the starters broke Krums will, but I fully believe Celina backups can bear Venus. In saying that these are kids playing and who knows at times why they do what they do.

d0tc0m
11-08-2015, 12:01 AM
I know Celina's backups could have beat Krums first string. How do I know because they did last night in the 2nd half. Of course that's after the starters broke Krums will, but I fully believe Celina backups can bear Venus. In saying that these are kids playing and who knows at times why they do what they do.

Who but the Lord could know?

regaleagle
11-08-2015, 03:17 PM
:stirpot:Personally, I think it would be a very thoughtful gesture to start all of Celina's backups in this game.....just to make things more interesting, haha. Besides, the Bobcats need to think about NEXT year's upcoming talent, don't they? And wouldn't this be just the perfect time to get that ball rolling!!!:crazy1::D

toddg
11-08-2015, 05:10 PM
Backups, JV? What a bunch of arrogant punks!! Venus players, I'm sure will try their best, and for that should be afforded a little respect...I know some of the parents over there and they know it won't be fun watching their sons get beat down..they are just not very good, but don't deserve to be ridiculed for it. I'm glad to see Celina doing good and contending for a championship once again, but damn..

d0tc0m
11-08-2015, 05:38 PM
Backups, JV? What a bunch of arrogant punks!! Venus players, I'm sure will try their best, and for that should be afforded a little respect...I know some of the parents over there and they know it won't be fun watching their sons get beat down..they are just not very good, but don't deserve to be ridiculed for it. I'm glad to see Celina doing good and contending for a championship once again, but damn..

Chill out.

WIildcats3
11-08-2015, 06:18 PM
When I was reading this thread I was thinking exactly what you said Todd...

bobcat1
11-08-2015, 06:34 PM
:2thumbsup Been a parent of some of the beat down teams in the past with my 3 older boys. Played on a beat down team too. Played on some good teams too but ALWAYS respected the opponent. I doubt very seriously any coach at Celina would ever utter those words. They've been there before and act like it on both ends of the spectrum. Lose or win with the same class.

Enigma
11-09-2015, 12:25 AM
When I was reading this thread I was thinking exactly what you said Todd...

Agreed. They should be embarrassed by some of these comments. Please know these people are the minority in Celina.

orange machine
11-09-2015, 12:41 AM
Ok before everybody get fired up let's take a deep breath and calm down. I'm not sure if I offended you toddg by saying I think Celina's back ups could beat Venus? That's not intended to be a knock on Venus, but rather saying how good Celina's back up players are. I stated Celina's back up players beat Krum friday night in the 2nd half because Celina only played back ups the entire half and still scored more than Krum. Krum beat Venus so I concluded that I feel Celina's back ups could beat Venus. I don't feel like I spoke arrogantly at all, but stated what would seem to be obvious. I also stated these are kids though and anything can happen. If what I said is considered arrogant then I guess I'm guilty and I'll own it.

d0tc0m
11-09-2015, 09:34 AM
No doubt Venus kids will try their best this week, and good for them. Wish the kids all the best, hope they come out of this thing healthy and with some motivation for next season. I'm sure Venus has a lot of good kids on their sidelines and great fans/parents in the stands. You commend the fans for supporting their team, and you commend the kids for strapping it up for 11 weeks - plus two-a-days - and giving it their all on Friday nights. But what do you want people to say about this matchup? That it'll be a real challenge? That Celina will have to play four full quarters and be mistake free on both sides of the ball? If you want coach speak, ask the coaches what they think.

panther89
11-09-2015, 10:28 AM

I agree toddg.

orange machine
11-09-2015, 12:03 PM
Ok can we stop playing pc police now please? If Celina was playing some team like Gilmer or any other state ranked team and said the back ups could win or the jv could win against their varsity you folks would be laughing and saying those crazy people and it would be a big joke and everybody would have a great time with it.

I cant speak for dotcom, but I can speak for myself and nothing I said was wrong or arrogant. If speaking highly for back up players ability to win is wrong and arrogant then no wonder our country and world is in the mess its in.

Gen.Pat
11-09-2015, 06:41 PM
Venus is playing with a back up QB. Their starter broke his collarbone against Lincoln.

d0tc0m
11-09-2015, 06:48 PM
Venus is playing with a back up QB. Their starter broke his collarbone against Lincoln.

That is unfortunate for that young man. Do you know if he is a senior or not, Gen.Pat?

bobcat1
11-09-2015, 08:02 PM
No doubt Venus kids will try their best this week, and good for them. Wish the kids all the best, hope they come out of this thing healthy and with some motivation for next season. I'm sure Venus has a lot of good kids on their sidelines and great fans/parents in the stands. You commend the fans for supporting their team, and you commend the kids for strapping it up for 11 weeks - plus two-a-days - and giving it their all on Friday nights. But what do you want people to say about this matchup? That it'll be a real challenge? That Celina will have to play four full quarters and be mistake free on both sides of the ball? If you want coach speak, ask the coaches what they think.Probably something like, good luck to both sides. Here's hoping for an injury free game for both. May the best team win. But what do I know, I don't even go to games until the playoffs, I just listen.

Twirling Time
11-12-2015, 05:44 PM
I imagine the starters will get at least a quarter and a half in before they get pulled. It'll be a PG13 result instead of a full R rating. But Celina is capable of scoring 50 in the first quarter. I haven't seen that since 2005.

BwdLion73
11-12-2015, 07:28 PM
OM is just stating his opinion. Check back after the game to pass out your participation trophy's

RPF2666
11-12-2015, 08:18 PM
I'd venture that EVERY #1 vs #4 matchup SHOULD have the #1 heavily favored over the #4. Some folks just don't
say that as nicely as others! :redX:

Gen.Pat
11-12-2015, 08:42 PM
That is unfortunate for that young man. Do you know if he is a senior or not, Gen.Pat?

I believe so . They got a solid Freshman but he did not throw much against Godley.

RPF2666
11-13-2015, 01:51 PM
This game will seem really fast to a Freshman QB!

orange machine
11-13-2015, 03:01 PM
This game will seem really fast to a Freshman QB!

It wont seem it will be.

PurplePop
11-13-2015, 03:38 PM
I imagine the starters will get at least a quarter and a half in before they get pulled. It'll be a PG13 result instead of a full R rating. But Celina is capable of scoring 50 in the first quarter. I haven't seen that since 2005.
This will be really ugly, and rightfully so. I would think the Celina coach would want the starters to go as long as possible (at least until mid-way 3rd qtr.) to keep them sharp and keep them playoff ready. I know I would. This time of year, I wouldn't want my best guys on the sidelines for very long.

CHS_89
11-13-2015, 05:07 PM
Good luck Bobcats! One game at a time! Prayers for a clean game and no injuries. Bring home #9...it starts tonight.

d0tc0m
11-13-2015, 05:12 PM
Good luck Bobcats! One game at a time! Prayers for a clean game and no injuries. Bring home #9...it starts tonight.

And all God's people said, Amen.

orange machine
11-13-2015, 06:48 PM
I'm here front and center on the 50.

CHS_89
11-13-2015, 06:56 PM
Wish I was there. I will be listening at 30k feet. Go Cats!

d0tc0m
11-13-2015, 07:35 PM
I'm here front and center on the 50.

How's the crowd? Hope the orange and white show out in droves to support these kids this postseason!

orange machine
11-13-2015, 08:16 PM
Ah it's not a bad crowd, but need a lot more.

orange machine
11-13-2015, 08:37 PM
Celina holds Venus 3 and out. Celina ball on Venus 24

orange machine
11-13-2015, 08:38 PM
Td celina

d0tc0m
11-13-2015, 10:26 PM
Did Jarren play, and if so, how did he look?

orange machine
11-14-2015, 12:51 AM
Did Jarren play, and if so, how did he look?

Yes he played in limited action, but he looked good scoring on a 35 yard run that he did all himself.