PDA

View Full Version : Celina

orange machine
11-07-2015, 02:24 PM
My thoughts now that the regular season is over.

1. Celina's offense is legit. They have a huge oline that averages 274 lbs and getting to the qb is very difficult. Running behind the mass that is the oline has to be a running backs dream. I saw Celina's right tackle Luke Melton who is 6'4 310 drive a dt last night that was every bit as big as him off the line of scrimmage a good 12 yards. The oline is a beast.
2. Celina has a ton of great running backs, but the best of them Jarren Alexander will be back this week completely healthy and a fresh body which is bad for opposing teams.
3. This is the best Wr core I've ever seen in Celina they don't drop many balls and they run and block really good.
4. The qb Conner Pingleton is very impressive. Good arm, really fast, very illusive and has played very smart this year.
5. Defensive line lives in the backfield and disrupts everything.
6. Linebackers are quick and punish runners. Mlb Shane Gerths is a beast and a big dude at 6'2 220; he brings the wood.
7. Db's play hard and do a great job of jamming wrs at the line of scrimmage.
8. Safety Trent Lindblad is a small dude, but he is fast and will knock the every loving duke out of you. He plays the run so good and is almost like anther linebacker.

The is probably the most well rounded Celina team I've seen since the 2005 title team. Not saying they can't be beat, but a team will need to play pretty flawless and be able to match Celina's intensity.

PurplePop
11-07-2015, 02:29 PM
That's about what I thought. Yikes!

orange machine
11-07-2015, 03:13 PM
That's about what I thought. Yikes!

This playoff season should be fun to watch.

WOS1
11-07-2015, 06:53 PM
This playoff season should be fun to watch.
Agreed

lostaussie
11-07-2015, 08:12 PM
There is an orange and black team that I hope gets a shot to see

d0tc0m
11-07-2015, 08:57 PM
There is an orange and black team that I hope gets a shot to see

The orange and white are hoping for it too.

Aesculus gilmus
11-07-2015, 09:18 PM
The orange and white are hoping for it too.

The odds are against it. Previous Gilmer defending state championship teams have gone out in the second round (2005) and third round (2010).

But neither of those teams went undefeated in the regular season. The only time Gilmer ever wins state, historically, is when it has first had an undefeated regular season.

So the orange and black have met that requirement, but have got a long way to go before we can realistically talk about a matchup with Celina. On the other hand, given the relative weakness of Region I, the Bobcats can already start gameplanning for Sweetwater in the fourth round, I would imagine.

lostaussie
11-07-2015, 09:38 PM
Sweetwater will not like the last comment:D

RPF2666
11-07-2015, 10:19 PM
Sweetwater will not like the last comment:D

I like our Sweetwater matchup!

d0tc0m
11-07-2015, 11:32 PM
The odds are against it. Previous Gilmer defending state championship teams have gone out in the second round (2005) and third round (2010).

But neither of those teams went undefeated in the regular season. The only time Gilmer ever wins state, historically, is when it has first had an undefeated regular season.

So the orange and black have met that requirement, but have got a long way to go before we can realistically talk about a matchup with Celina. On the other hand, given the relative weakness of Region I, the Bobcats can already start gameplanning for Sweetwater in the fourth round, I would imagine.

Gilmer has a much more difficult road to get to the rematch than the one Celina has. But I don't know that anyone in Region II will be a favorite against the Buckeyes, and only a handful seem like actual matchup problems. We'll see. If Gilmer gets hot, then look out.

As for Celina/Sweetwater ... probably, but we'll see. I'd bet on that rematch happening, for sure, but crazier things have happened. If I had to pick that game today, though, I'd say the Bobcats by 20.

WOS87
11-07-2015, 11:34 PM
Meanwhile in Region III :speech:

orange machine
11-07-2015, 11:49 PM
Meanwhile in Region III :speech:

I actually fully expect WOS to be in the championship again.

d0tc0m
11-08-2015, 12:01 AM
I actually fully expect WOS to be in the championship again.

Me too.

lostaussie
11-08-2015, 06:29 AM
I like our Sweetwater matchup!

Oh I do to........I was just implying that Sweetwater was not going to like that comment:D

bobcat1
11-08-2015, 08:21 AM
Oh I do to........I was just implying that Sweetwater was not going to like that comment:DYou are quite the little stir stick aren't you?:stirpot:

EagleEye
11-08-2015, 11:16 AM
Sweetwater has 10 starters out. One of them is their Quarterback with a broke ankle against Pecos.

regaleagle
11-08-2015, 11:55 AM
Sweetwater has 10 starters out. One of them is their Quarterback with a broke ankle against Pecos.

Not a good way to start your playoff run. What kind of backup qb does Sweetwater have?

lostaussie
11-08-2015, 01:20 PM
Not a good way to start your playoff run. What kind of backup qb does Sweetwater have?

I believe he was the starter at beginning of season and is a senior. I think that's what Red said the other day.

briandumith*
11-08-2015, 03:18 PM
I really like Celina this year.. I think they are the team to beat in D2 "maybe all of 4a".. I don't think they will get beat..

orange machine
11-08-2015, 10:49 PM
I really like Celina this year.. I think they are the team to beat in D2 "maybe all of 4a".. I don't think they will get beat..

I think most Celina folk are trying to keep calm and just flow with it, but inside are ready to burst because they know how good Celina is, but are trying to be humble. It's been 7 years since the last title appearance and so much can happen in the next 6 weeks.

pirate4state
11-09-2015, 12:04 AM
I think most Celina folk are trying to keep calm and just flow with it, but inside are ready to burst because they know how good Celina is, but are trying to be humble. It's been 7 years since the last title appearance and so much can happen in the next 6 weeks.

Yeah okay LOL
After that Cowboy game I really needed this laugh!!!!

orange machine
11-09-2015, 12:46 AM
Yeah okay LOL
After that Cowboy game I really needed this laugh!!!!

What was wrong with what I said? It sure is a tough crowd tonight.

d0tc0m
11-09-2015, 09:14 AM
What was wrong with what I said? It sure is a tough crowd tonight.

Sensitive crowd. What you said was accurate, OM.

orange machine
11-09-2015, 09:40 PM

Hopefully Celina stays dll, I would love to see Graham and Celina hookup in the playoffs.

briandumith*
11-09-2015, 09:44 PM
Hopefully Celina stays dll, I would love to see Graham and Celina hookup in the playoffs.

I have been told 692 and 711 for Graham... from different sources.. so not absolutely sure.. that's on the bubble I think.. we will see in a few months I guess..lol