PDA

View Full Version : THE WOOD vs Graham...... The Rematch

THE BEAST
11-07-2015, 12:47 AM
Thoughts?????

I will give you mine. The Brownwood D is night and day different than when we played Graham the first time. By different, i mean much, much better. Especially in the secondary. I think Brownwood will win but playing a team you've already beaten is always a tricky scenario. Anyway, it should be a good match in Glen Rose next Friday.

BEAST

clcannon17
11-07-2015, 12:59 AM
Thoughts?????

I will give you mine. The Brownwood D is night and day different than when we played Graham the first time. By different, i mean much, much better. Especially in the secondary. I think Brownwood will win but playing a team you've already beaten is always a tricky scenario. Anyway, it should be a good match in Glen Rose next Friday.

BEAST

This will be a very different game than it was earlier in the season. For one we run the ball ALOT more now, with a 5 headed monster (Grant Lewis, Harley Price, Gavin Jefferson, Brandon Diaz, and Bruce Sterling). We should be able to control the clock alot better. Our defensive line has one key player out, but I'm not sure whether he'll play, but even without him, our d-line is incredible and we have majorly improved on the deep ball. Not to mention our passing game, which isn't perfect, but is plenty good enough when we need it.

I know Graham will put up a fight, but I'll take Brownwood by 10.

Bosqueville
11-07-2015, 01:00 AM
Good luck Lions! And that's a great little stadium.

slingshot
11-07-2015, 01:20 AM
Good luck Lions! And that's a great little stadium.Brownwood 35-14...

clcannon17
11-07-2015, 01:22 AM
Brownwood 35-14...

:2thumbsup

CP3Dad
11-07-2015, 11:42 AM
This will be a very different game than it was earlier in the season. For one we run the ball ALOT more now, with a 5 headed monster (Grant Lewis, Harley Price, Gavin Jefferson, Brandon Diaz, and Bruce Sterling). We should be able to control the clock alot better. Our defensive line has one key player out, but I'm not sure whether he'll play, but even without him, our d-line is incredible and we have majorly improved on the deep ball. Not to mention our passing game, which isn't perfect, but is plenty good enough when we need it.

I know Graham will put up a fight, but I'll take Brownwood by 10.

Five RBs, now that's quality depth.

Wayne
11-07-2015, 12:23 PM
I got Graham in this one. I don't think Brownwood can beat them twice. I could very well be wrong, but I just have this feeling Graham wins this one.

slingshot
11-07-2015, 12:36 PM
I got Graham in this one. I don't think Brownwood can beat them twice. I could very well be wrong, but I just have this feeling Graham wins this one.Don't think so. Brownwood has matured into a salty bunch. They are gonna be a tough out...

clcannon17
11-07-2015, 01:41 PM
Five RBs, now that's quality depth.

4 and a QB.

LionFan72
11-07-2015, 08:56 PM
Brownwood by 11. it will be a war, two highly respected and improved schools lining up in first game of the playoffs. Should be a barn burner!

CP3Dad
11-07-2015, 09:13 PM
Brownwood by 11. it will be a war, two highly respected and improved schools lining up in first game of the playoffs. Should be a barn burner!

Improved schools? Just curious what that means?

LionFan72
11-07-2015, 09:22 PM
Good one, using old laptop, hard drive crashed on desktop, let's insert "teams" where "schools" appeared. But our school has been improved too, just a big ole expensive make-over, but vastly improved!

CP3Dad
11-07-2015, 09:24 PM
Good one, using old laptop, hard drive crashed on desktop, let's insert "teams" where "schools" appeared. But our school has been improved too, just a big ole expensive make-over, but vastly improved!

Just bustin balls, but thats funny cause ours is improved also...just didnt think you'd know that...happy playoff week to all

slingshot
11-08-2015, 01:26 AM
Just bustin balls, but thats funny cause ours is improved also...just didnt think you'd know that...happy playoff week to allNow if you can just do something about that 2A stadium with no parking next to your improved school... ;)

gully81
11-08-2015, 04:04 AM
Now if you can just do something about that 2A stadium with no parking next to your improved school... ;)

Haha yeah
Need a ton of improvements there

CP3Dad
11-08-2015, 08:40 AM
Now if you can just do something about that 2A stadium with no parking next to your improved school... ;)

Oh its coming, but it'll never be on a Wylie scale. You know, a 4A stadium. But we do what we can with what we have...on and off the field.

LionFan72
11-08-2015, 11:13 AM
Oh its coming, but it'll never be on a Wylie scale. You know, a 4A stadium. But we do what we can with what we have...on and off the field.

Just a quick refresher, but to whom did Grahams 5 losses occur? And by how much? Yes, i could look it up, but a simple reply would be easier!!!!

CP3Dad
11-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Just a quick refresher, but to whom did Grahams 5 losses occur? And by how much? Yes, i could look it up, but a simple reply would be easier!!!!

Brownwood -6 Home
Abilene Wylie -18 Home
Argyle -26 Road
Mineral Wells -4 Road
Decatur -1 Road

CP3Dad
11-08-2015, 01:09 PM
Combined record of teams Graham beat (10-39).
Combined record of teams that beat Graham (42-8).

briandumith*
11-08-2015, 01:54 PM
Southern Bleacher is based in Graham. They have made virtually every new stadium around.. From High School to Pros.. includes Texas Motor Speedway.. Almost every college rebuild.. I have been told they will donate the materials to the Graham ISD.. But we have no money for the labor.. And our town will not go in debt like other towns just to pretty up the stadium.. BUT I have heard that private donations might just make it happen soon..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

regaleagle
11-08-2015, 02:59 PM
Not sure which Graham team shows up to this one. The Steers are obviously a very dangerous team, but have not performed well this season as expected. Brownwood has steadily improved each week and is on a roll. The confidence level of the Lions should be very high, while the confidence level of the Steers could not be lower. Graham feels as if their loss against Decatur was really a win.....if not for a blown call late. Seems like bad things happen to good teams some years. This year has been a nightmare for Graham. Can they wake up from this nightmare? Or is Brownwood another nightmare for Graham waiting to happen??? I will not pick a winner YET. I think I'm going to sleep on it, hahaha.

BlueBleeder3
11-08-2015, 03:08 PM
What blown call?

briandumith*
11-08-2015, 03:12 PM
Not sure which Graham team shows up to this one. The Steers are obviously a very dangerous team, but have not performed well this season as expected. Brownwood has steadily improved each week and is on a roll. The confidence level of the Lions should be very high, while the confidence level of the Steers could not be lower. Graham feels as if their loss against Decatur was really a win.....if not for a blown call late. Seems like bad things happen to good teams some years. This year has been a nightmare for Graham. Can they wake up from this nightmare? Or is Brownwood another nightmare for Graham waiting to happen??? I will not pick a winner YET. I think I'm going to sleep on it, hahaha.

I am right there with you RE.... It has been a very off year.. But one thing for sure these teams are evenly matched.. I do not think either will win it all in the end. I do not think this game will play out like last game crazy high score wise.. Brownwood should not take this game lightly "and I know they are not".. I really believe Graham has nothing to lose so.. I think they come in a little relaxed.. I think that Brownwood is up and coming so this could be a statement game for the future... As far as I know Graham is healthy for this game.. We were not in week two.. And I have to believe both D's are much improved.. Remember it was a 6 point game.. I expect the same.. Graham has a lot of Playoff experience on this team.. Brownwood wants to plant their flag for the future... Good game here... I like it!

Hollyville
11-08-2015, 06:40 PM
Just bustin balls, but thats funny cause ours is improved also...just didnt think you'd know that...happy playoff week to all

Awesome, and I'm the architect that desinged both Graham and Brownwood. You both have HS that put Ville's to shame!

I would love to come see this game. Lions are on a roll. Lions win by 10.

Hollyville
11-08-2015, 06:42 PM

Agree! I think they may do some small stuff but nothing extensive. At least they have a stadium.

toddg
11-08-2015, 06:51 PM
Awesome, and I'm the architect that desinged both Graham and Brownwood. You both have HS that put Ville's to shame!

I would love to come see this game. Lions are on a roll. Lions win by 10.did you design Alvarado's new junior high?

Hollyville
11-08-2015, 07:28 PM
did you design Alvarado's new junior high?

My firm did. Yes, one of the best. Love that JH.

briandumith*
11-08-2015, 07:31 PM

I would love to come see this game. Lions are on a roll. Lions win by 10.
I must say the upgrades to our H.S. was amazing.. If people judge our ISD by the football field then they have missed out.. Everything from the class rooms to the gym and athletics center is 1st class.. Also might I add that both the softball and baseball fields are also fantastic. Every year we get flak because folks critique the fb stadium.. If they only knew the truth...lol... and you can design a building.. but your game picks stink...;)

Hollyville
11-08-2015, 08:07 PM
I must say the upgrades to our H.S. was amazing.. If people judge our ISD by the football field then they have missed out.. Everything from the class rooms to the gym and athletics center is 1st class.. Also might I add that both the softball and baseball fields are also fantastic. Every year we get flak because folks critique the fb stadium.. If they only knew the truth...lol... and you can design a building.. but your game picks stink...;)

My pick may be wrong. I think Graham is very dangerous and could win Region 1.

Agree, y'all have a very impressive softball and baseball complex.

Brownwood has done some major improvements to their softball and baseball complex recently. Very nice!!!

CP3Dad
11-08-2015, 08:14 PM
Small world, I detailed the substructure for Brownwood baseball and softball.

Hollyville
11-08-2015, 08:27 PM
Small world, I detailed the substructure for Brownwood baseball and softball.

Incredible!! Good job!

toddg
11-08-2015, 08:30 PM
My firm did. Yes, one of the best. Love that JH.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/08/99eb51c1802007f7a36c5083bad05a0a.jpg
It truly is a thing of beauty..the interior design is awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deuce
11-08-2015, 08:47 PM
Graham pulls of the upset by 1!

Wayne
11-09-2015, 07:12 AM
After playing Graham the last few years, I have a lot of respect for them. The Argyle -Graham match ups have become some what of a rival. I'm gonna come out to this game and support Graham, and even sit on their side. I will also continue to believe that Graham is a very dangerous team to face in the playoffs. I don't care what their record is, or who they lost to during the season. This week starts a new season and Graham has nothing to lose.

5wide
11-09-2015, 10:29 AM
Graham could easily be 8-2 instead of 5-5. The three losses against Brownwood, Mineral Wells and Decatur could have went either way. If Graham was 8-2, instead of 5-5 and their two losses coming from Argyle and Wylie, then people would take them a lot more serious. That being said, this team is as good as an 8-2 team. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Graham wins but also not surprised if they lose. Going to be an exciting game!

ICML
11-09-2015, 03:23 PM
Graham could easily be 8-2 instead of 5-5. The three losses against Brownwood, Mineral Wells and Decatur could have went either way. If Graham was 8-2, instead of 5-5 and their two losses coming from Argyle and Wylie, then people would take them a lot more serious. That being said, this team is as good as an 8-2 team. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Graham wins but also not surprised if they lose. Going to be an exciting game!

They (Graham) had better find a way to cover that FAST WR, he literally ran right past them a few times the previous game between these two.

Bosqueville
11-09-2015, 05:04 PM
I think I'm going to make this game. Not sure the China Spring game will be worth going too. Will be the first Bwd game I've been to in 2 years...

Deuce
11-09-2015, 07:12 PM
They (Graham) had better find a way to cover that FAST WR, he literally ran right past them a few times the previous game between these two.

A few people saying our defense is much improved since the first meeting with Wood. I haven't been to all the games this year, but from what I have seen, we really haven't improved at all! Run defense looks better, but not pass defense.

bearbear78
11-09-2015, 07:50 PM
A few people saying our defense is much improved since the first meeting with Wood. I haven't been to all the games this year, but from what I have seen, we really haven't improved at all! Run defense looks better, but not pass defense.
Agree

slingshot
11-09-2015, 08:19 PM
Sure wish ya'll would play at the natural mid way spot--Wylie Bulldog Stadium! I would come and so would a TON of other Wylie faithful since we play Thursday night... Glen Rose just too far.

slingshot
11-09-2015, 08:20 PM
Rumor I heard was that Graham had reserved it... Brownwood would not play here--they don't have too good of a record here and Graham seems to make this their home away from home!

Bosqueville
11-12-2015, 05:06 PM
Lions by 14!!!

91 lion
11-12-2015, 07:59 PM
Lions by 14!!!

Lions 41
Steers 24

garciap77
11-12-2015, 11:11 PM
Wylie by 50!:evillol:

bobcat1
11-12-2015, 11:19 PM
Get it right. Fiddy plus!

95mustang
11-12-2015, 11:43 PM

tonight...

regaleagle
11-13-2015, 10:03 AM
Okay.....here we go. It's Friday the 13th and you know what that means......Graham's nightmarish season will be reversed tonite, haha. Graham wins it on Friday the 13th by 13 pts. Go Steers!!! Hahaha!

garciap77
11-13-2015, 04:33 PM
get it right. Fiddy plus!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tink4392
11-13-2015, 04:44 PM
Will be an interesting night for sure! If Graham can keep their mistakes in check and allow the run game to open up the read option and passing game, they can win this game! Turnovers will win or lose this game for Graham.
Hope everyone makes it there and back home safely. Heard the rut is on, so please be careful for deer!

Deuce
11-13-2015, 05:57 PM
Will be an interesting night for sure! If Graham can keep their mistakes in check and allow the run game to open up the read option and passing game, they can win this game! Turnovers will win or lose this game for Graham.
Hope everyone makes it there and back home safely. Heard the rut is on, so please be careful for deer!

Hope so, I am sitting in my deer stand waiting on them!

BwdLion73
11-13-2015, 07:35 PM

Deer will be bad, also 67 is under construction. At least the loop around Dublin is finished so you won't spend 10 minutes at the signal light!

LionFan72
11-13-2015, 10:16 PM
dang track meet so far!!

LionFan72
11-13-2015, 11:14 PM
Wow, exciting game!! Defense fot her done, our high powered offense kinda sputtered but did enough to get the W. Congrats to the Steers for making it a game, not easy beating the same team twice, especially the Graham Steers.

BwdLion73
11-13-2015, 11:16 PM
Landry played a great game. He was the heart of Graham. Good Job.

91 lion
11-13-2015, 11:17 PM
Wow, exciting game!! Defense fot her done, our high powered offense kinda sputtered but did enough to get the W. Congrats to the Steers for making it a game, not easy beating the same team twice, especially the Graham Steers.

Much respect for the Steers....no one wanted to play them....lucky that we escaped twice.

regaleagle
11-13-2015, 11:20 PM
Looks like Brownwood is still on that roll. Sounds like it was a great game and both teams played their hearts out. Both made good defensive stands, and both reeled off some big plays. In the end, Brownwood went ahead by 9, Graham scored quickly, but time was running. The onside kick was recovered by Brownwood with less than a minute left, and they secured the hard-fought victory. Congrats to the Brownwood Lions on advancing.

BwdLion73
11-13-2015, 11:25 PM
Okay.....here we go. It's Friday the 13th and you know what that means......Graham's nightmarish season will be reversed tonite, haha. Graham wins it on Friday the 13th by 13 pts. Go Steers!!! Hahaha!

;)........................

91 lion
11-13-2015, 11:29 PM
;)........................

Pretty sure Brownwood blocked kicks will continue to haunt them.....remember 2009?

clcannon17
11-13-2015, 11:40 PM
Pretty sure Brownwood blocked kicks will continue to haunt them.....remember 2009?

Who can forget?

Wayne
11-14-2015, 12:27 AM
Blocked kicks accounted for at least 5 points taken away from Grahm. Hats off to the Steers! They don't quit. I thought they had a really good game plan working for them all night. I didn't understand 1st and goal on the 1. Graham ran the ball effectively the whole game, which is all the more reason to hand it to that big full back 4 times. Congrats to Brownwood on the win.

clcannon17
11-14-2015, 12:47 AM
Blocked kicks accounted for at least 5 points taken away from Grahm. Hats off to the Steers! They don't quit. I thought they had a really good game plan working for them all night. I didn't understand 1st and goal on the 1. Graham ran the ball effectively the whole game, which is all the more reason to hand it to that big full back 4 times. Congrats to Brownwood on the win.

They're a good football team no doubt. But Landry turner... He's quite a QB. Had that defense been a bite better, yall would be 8-2, maybe 9-1

Gotta give it to yalls d though. We didn't score 60+ points this time.

THE BEAST
11-14-2015, 01:19 AM
Hats off to Graham for a good game for sure. But I wanna say hats off to our coaches and our D in the 2nd half. The D pitched a shutout. Grahams last TD came against "prevent" D letting time expire on 4th down. We made some really good adjustments at the half.

BEAST

Sparker
11-14-2015, 09:01 AM
Nice Job Wood!!

Bosqueville
11-14-2015, 09:21 AM
What a game and what a big vocal Bwd crowd! Had a great time and have to say I've missed going to Bwd games..

Eagle 1
11-14-2015, 10:10 AM
That was one of the greatest games I ever been to. I will say however the refs were horrible. A good win for the Lions.