PDA

View Full Version : Some Region 1 Playoff Thoughts

Matthew328
10-21-2002, 10:05 AM
1-3A: Perryton and Canyon likely will be playing for the district tittle in Week 10....Canyon surprised Borger last week 20-10..Borger is 2-5 but likely will still get 3rd and be D1...

2-3A: Lubbock Cooper is 2-0 and looks to be in control..Brownfield, Muleshoe and Littlefield will be fighting it out for the last 2 spots..I think Brownfield gets 2nd and D1...Muleshoe I think takes 3rd since they have already beaten Littlefield...

3-3A: Snyder is 2-0 and is in control...they will be the D1 team...Sweetwater is 1-1 with their only loss to Snyder I think they take second..Denver City and Merkel play this week the winner likely getting the last spot...

4-3A: Greenwood is the class of this district...Ft Stockton is 2-0 at the moment and has a win over Monahans...Monahans and Pecos play this week with the winner likely to earn the last spot in 4-3A...if Pecos gets in they go D1..if Monahans makes the playoffs then Ft Stockton will be D1...

5-3A: Iowa Park, Graham and Vernon are all 2-0 and appear to be playoff bound...they start to play each other this week so the order will be determined...Graham will be D1..however keep an eye on Childress vs Vernon in Week 10...that could be for third if things fall correctly

6-3A: Wylie, Commanche and Ballinger are all 2-0 they all look like they will be playoff bound also...Wylie will be the D1 team..

7-3A: Decatur took control of this district with last week's win over Bridgeport..the only question will be if they will be D1 or D2? Bridgeport should be second even though they are 1-1 at the moment..Lake Dallas is 2-0...they play Sanger in Week 9...if LD wins then Decatur goes D2 and Bridgeport gets Kennedale in bi-district..if Sanger wins then Decatur goes D1 and they get Everman in bi-district..juicy isn't it?

8-3A: Kennedale has this one locked up...Everman should get second and if Glen Rose beats Diamond Hill then they likley will get 3rd in this district..

vet93
10-21-2002, 01:34 PM
Matt...In 6-3a don't count out Clyde. There only two losses in district were to Wylie and Ballinger by 10 and 3 points. Comanche has played the weakest two teams in Brady and Early. We will see how they fare against Wylie and Ballinger in the next two weeks. That will give us a much better guage on their season. On the other hand clyde finishes with Brady, Early and Comanche. Look for week 10 to decide who goes to the playoffs and in what position when Comanche plays Clyde and Ballinger plays Wylie.

Wtx_coach
10-21-2002, 03:47 PM
Hey matthew in 4-3A, dont forget about kermit, right now they are 2-1, if Pecos beats Monahans, Monahans is out or vice versa, then Pecos will have to beat Ft. Stockton and hope that stockton and Monahans both beat kermit, and if monahans wins this week it will go down to the kermit and monahans matchup next friday for the third spot.

Righ now i will have to go with Greenwood, Stockton and Kermit

bulldog65
10-21-2002, 06:15 PM
Good job Matthew! Question for you....How does Everman finishing second in our District affect us? Will we have to travel a lot in Region 1? Who do you see as potential opponents?

justanopinion
10-21-2002, 07:04 PM
It shouldn't effect ya'll at all. Everman will go D1 and where you guys play is determind by a coin flip. The team that wins chooses a neutral field.

Da Mules
10-21-2002, 07:44 PM
RE; 2-3A. The teams in this district are extremely inconsistent. Don't count Lubbock Cooper in just yet; they still have to beat Littlefield and Muleshoe. Brownfield played poorly against Cooper 2 weeks ago; then put together a pretty good game to beat Muleshoe, who had 6 turnovers and several drive-killing fumbles and poor snaps. They played the worst game I have seen them play since 1996. It appears their starting QB has a knee injury that may keep him out for a couple of games, and also several varsity players were booted off the team for rules infractions 2 weeks ago, and their replacements coming up from this year's JV squad had big-time problems in the Brownfield game. Funny they did play well against Littlefield. If da Mules play repeat their Brownfield game antics this week, even Dimmitt will beat them and they will effectively be out of the race at 2 down, still having to beat Cooper and hope somebody whops Brownfield again. Brownfield will have to cinch it on to beat Littlefield, a loss there would put them 2 down also. I see Littlefield finishing up with 1 loss, I'm gonna be extremely optimistic and say Muleshoe has had it's "choke" game, and will also finish up with 1 loss. Brownfield and Cooper come in tied with 2 losses each; head-to-head tiebreaker goes to Cooper.
And the whole district retires to roundball after the first playoff game against Perryton, Canyon, and Booger.

Texas99
10-21-2002, 08:03 PM
If Glen Rose beats Diamond Hill, they are a lock for the playoffs regardless of the outcome of their last two games against two of the strongest teams in the state.

Texas99
10-21-2002, 08:04 PM
If Glen Rose beats Diamond Hill, they are a lock for the playoffs regardless of the outcome of their last two games against two of the strongest 3A teams in the state.

Texas99
10-21-2002, 08:07 PM
If Glen Rose beats Diamond Hill, they are a lock for the playoffs regardless of the outcome of their last two games against two of the strongest 3A teams in the state.

tors2002
10-21-2002, 08:25 PM
Well put DaMules. Only bad thing for ya'll is having to play Dimmitt in roundball. Did you know that 60 out of the last 61 years that Castro County has sent a team to the State B-Ball Tourney. The only season they missed I believe was 1999 when the 5 starters for Nazareth Girls quit and Vega won the State Title. Dimmitt boys and girls lost in the regional finals though. Good Luck with the rest of your season because the Tors are already hooping it up. :cool:

Da Mules
10-22-2002, 08:31 PM
Tors,I didn't realize that bit about Castro County. I guess getting to play Dimmitt in district football is kinda evened out by basketball, eh? They do take sorta serious. The poor ol Mules better worry about the Bobcats this week, however. They are going to have quit snapping the ball over the center's head!!! :mad: I can't believe it; they've done it at least twice in every game except Littlefield eek! Talk about a drive killer. Frankly, I haven't posted much on any of the boards this year, because I just don't have anything to write about; except for our freshman team. These kids are really, really fast! They have been blowing out 3a & 4a schools by scores like 64-0, 61-22, etc. They beat Littlefield fresh last week 58-0, despite previously moving their two best players up to JV and varsity, and so far the Jr high kids are following suit. I'm really excited about these kids in the next 3 years...maybe we can get a repeat match with Forney for a litttle MULE-venge! Maybe we can even get a pre-district game with Lamesa, huh Tors? wink

tors2002
10-22-2002, 08:44 PM
DaMules, that would be nice for a little pre-season action. Maybe at Lowrey Field with the new turf. I next set of awesome kids is in the 7th and 8th grade. The JV is kinda weak but you never know how they will step up in a year. I think Muleshoe could snap the ball over their heads 10 times and still beat Dimmitt. I lived their for 3 1/2 yeasr and they want to be a football town so bad but really suck and that is being nice. But b-ball, man they pack the house can shoot the lights out.

SidelineTS68
10-23-2002, 11:12 AM
Of course when Diamond Hill beats Glenrose in the rain, and Castleberry wins out (venus, carter riverside, godley), then Castleberry ties Glenrose for 3rd in their district. Therefore Castleberry beats Glenrose in points and goes to the playoffs.

CRHSeagle
09-06-2003, 11:27 PM
U actually think Diamond Hill will put up a fight in 8-3a, after losing to Poly, Im not all that sure....

xlr8tor
09-06-2003, 11:32 PM
CRHSeagle:
U actually think Diamond Hill will put up a fight in 8-3a, after losing to Poly, Im not all that sure....Uh, did you know that this thread is about a year old? It's late, I know. Just my take.

cubs
09-06-2003, 11:33 PM
Why did we resurrect last year's post and predictions?

Chief Woodman
09-07-2003, 04:56 PM
Kinda fun isn't it?