PDA

View Full Version : Next man up in Sweetwater

Sweetwater Red
11-04-2015, 10:55 AM
As some may have heard, Sweetwater lost their dynamic sophomore QB for the year
due to injury in the 3rd quarter of last week's win over Pecos. The injury bug hasn't
hit us this hard since the semi-final run back in 2005. The difference between that
year and this year is that we got everyone back by the first round of the playoffs.

That won't be the case this year as the majority of our injuries are season enders.
But, all is not lost here. The back-up QB is a senior who saw plenty of action at
the position last year when subbing for starter Kaegan Jeffrey and actually
started the first four or five games of this season. Also, while depth is always
an issue for a school our size, there are a good number of quality players to
choose from on our undefeated JV team.

Having said that, I can't wait for the playoffs to start and I'm looking forward
to another deep playoff run and maybe a rematch against Celina that goes
our way.

ccmom
11-04-2015, 11:06 AM
due to injury in the 3rd quarter of last week's win over Pecos. The injury bug hasn't
hit us this hard since the semi-final run back in 2005. The difference between that
year and this year is that we got everyone back by the first round of the playoffs.

That won't be the case this year as the majority of our injuries are season enders.
But, all is not lost here. The back-up QB is a senior who saw plenty of action at
started the first four or five games of this season. Also, while depth is always

Having said that, I can't wait for the playoffs to start and I'm looking forward
our way.

Hate to hear of the injuries for sure. Best of luck to the Mustangs as they press on.

d0tc0m
11-04-2015, 11:24 AM
Hate to hear that about the injuries, Red. Hope you guys stay healthy the rest of the way out. What a great opportunity for some other guys to step up now. Looking forward to that quarterfinal rematch with you guys, as well! Hope we both make it.

RPF2666
11-04-2015, 11:36 AM

our way.

That stinks for Sweetwater. There's a long way to go, and we'll see what happens, but
a rematch from 2014 would be great. Last year was a great one and we'll be happy to see
y'all again 4 weeks into the playoffs if we are lucky enough to get there, again!

slingshot
11-04-2015, 12:03 PM
Sorry to hear. There was an article in today's ARN about the adjustments Wylie has had to make due to injuries. Have lost both starting WR's to season ending injuries as well as our All-State candidate and best lineman to a medical condition for the year. We have 3 other starters and some key reserves out that will return for the playoffs.

LionFan72
11-04-2015, 12:21 PM
Injuries are hard to overcome, not matter the size of your school. Really hate to hear your QB, stellar year so far this year. Best of luck, and here's to a successful year!

Sweetwater Red
11-05-2015, 10:07 AM
Hate to hear of the injuries for sure. Best of luck to the Mustangs as they press on.

Thanks and same to your Bulldogs

Hate to hear that about the injuries, Red. Hope you guys stay healthy the rest of the way out. What a great opportunity for some other guys to step up now. Looking forward to that quarterfinal rematch with you guys, as well! Hope we both make it.

Thanks, that's we are counting on. It'll be their chance to shine and we hope they tale full advantage of it.
Something tells me Sweetwater and Celina might just be playing a few more times in the next three years.

That stinks for Sweetwater. There's a long way to go, and we'll see what happens, but
a rematch from 2014 would be great. Last year was a great one and we'll be happy to see
y'all again 4 weeks into the playoffs if we are lucky enough to get there, again!

We would love a rematch. But, I hope we play somewhere better than WF Memorial stadium.

Sorry to hear. There was an article in today's ARN about the adjustments Wylie has had to make due to injuries. Have lost both starting WR's to season ending injuries as well as our All-State candidate and best lineman to a medical condition for the year. We have 3 other starters and some key reserves out that will return for the playoffs.

Sounds like y'all are in the same boat. We've got kids playing through separated shoulders, strained MCLs and ankle inuries,. It's
the ACLs and broken bones that are depleting our ranks. We started the season with virtually no one playing both ways except
for our all-state WR who also starts at safety. That has changed quite a bit the last 4-6 weeks. But, like I said, our JV has some
talented kids. Mobley called up six players this week that we expect to do well in filling in.

Injuries are hard to overcome, not matter the size of your school. Really hate to hear your QB, stellar year so far this year. Best of luck, and here's to a successful year!

He really was having a great season. He was nominated or won BC player of the week honors two or three times this season. Looking forward to
watch him play the next two seasons. He will be even better.