PDA

View Full Version : My latest finds.......

Cam
11-03-2015, 05:45 PM
So I found this big ol' Indian spear head no more than three feet from this steel "nut" with a little loopy thing on it........anybody have any idea what it is? There's a story there! Here's my take:

I live right off the Colorado in an area that is a known Comanche encampment....I've seen Indian ghosts...but that's a story for another time....anyways, I'm thinkin' a wagon train came through Comanche territory. It consisted of 19 wagons including Pascual De La Paz, the local tamale vendor, bringin' up the rear..(see pic)......The Comanche didn't take too kindly to these immigrants and quickly encircled the wagons....Local Chief I-Don't-Take-Nocrap approached the wagons with a few of his warriors and warned, "You white man sunsbitches no welcome! You only come to take our land, our ultra hot women, and spread disease. Turn around now or be scalped! The tamale guy can stay!".......Just then the leader of these pioneers, John Smith, decided hidin' under the wagon wasn't gonna cut it, so he came out and approached the chief....He offered the chief new weapons for his tribe and cotton seeds to plant along with a dozen of the latest P-38 can openers.....he also sweetened the deal by promising to teach them the game of football....hence, the first ever Redskins/Cowboys game took place...there is no historical record of who won...rumor has it the Cowboys won on a last minute field goal by Pascual, who was also an avid soccer player.....the fact that I found this "nut" indicates to me the Comanche started a post game brawl....tore down the wagons and took the metal to the local scrap yard in exchange for some whiskey.....this wagon "nut" was left behind....not too far lay the spear head....which no proud warrior wanted to pick up cause I believe it ended up stuck up John Smith's arse!!!.....it's all there in the history books if ya don't believe me.......

Here's Pascual.....
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/XLNT.jpg

Here's what I found in my yard:
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/IMG_4096.jpg

...this story just made me wanna go home and watch a good ol' western!....

slingshot
11-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Cam--I think you have way too much time on your hands...

Cam
11-03-2015, 05:56 PM
Cam--I think you have way too much time on your hands...

....doesn't it bring you comfort that I work in the defense industry?......:spitlol::doh:....don't you have patients to take care of??......

Rabid Cougar
11-03-2015, 09:53 PM
Here's what I found in my yard:
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/IMG_4096.jpg

...this story just made me wanna go home and watch a good ol' western!....

That is a knife that predates the Comanches arrival in Texas. Very cool find!

Cam
11-03-2015, 10:46 PM
That is a knife that predates the Comanches arrival in Texas. Very cool find!

Ok,....so could I say a Comanche bought it at a pawn shop?....yep, it does fit perfectly in my hand...I can turn it either way and it feels comfortable....it's still very sharp...bet I could skin a deer with it...whomever made it knew what he was doing......I still think it ended up in John Smith's arse!............What about that steel thingy?...any idea what it belonged to?....

stardog
11-03-2015, 11:09 PM
That steel thingy looks like something that was on a early 1900's farm machinery. Also do you have your John Smith story mixed up. John Smith led the Mormons from Missouri to Utah in 1846-1847. Nevermind that was Joseph Smith.

BwdLion73
11-04-2015, 09:08 AM
What about that steel thingy?...any idea what it belonged to?....

Looks like a part used to open Buchanan's flood gates. Hope you finally need it after this weekend.

stardog
11-04-2015, 09:23 AM
As Rabid Cougar said - that knife predates the Comanche arrival in Texas. It is pre-Columbian that was used by Paleo's to hunt woolly mammoths. You live on an old Paleo garbage dump.

Rabid Cougar
11-04-2015, 09:31 AM
As Rabid Cougar said - that knife predates the Comanche arrival in Texas. It is pre-Columbian that was used by Paleo's to hunt woolly mammoths. You live on an old Paleo garbage dump.

I really need to "inspect' that dump you live on CAM.

Rabid Cougar
11-04-2015, 09:34 AM
Also do you have your John Smith story mixed up. John Smith led the Mormons from Missouri to Utah in 1846-1847. Nevermind that was Joseph Smith.

John Smith had a girlfriend named Pokyourhauntus.

slingshot
11-04-2015, 10:34 AM
John Smith had a girlfriend named Pokyourhauntus.
Booo.... get off the stage! :doh:

Rabid Cougar
11-04-2015, 10:40 AM
Booo.... get off the stage! :doh:

Tough crowd here tonight.

Cam
11-04-2015, 10:53 AM
Tough crowd here tonight.

...for sure!...I'm scared to post now....might have too much time on my hands!......that dang slingshot!....nothin' but a troublemaker......by the way RC....I liked it!.........:D:D:crazy1:.....

Cam
11-04-2015, 10:57 AM
I really need to "inspect' that dump you live on CAM.

anytime....man, we've found so much "stuff" out there....if I dig somewhere, something will pop up.....just hope I never find any human bones of Greendawg's descendants!....or one of his old underwear!!...:thinking::eek::eek:

Rabid Cougar
11-04-2015, 12:06 PM
anytime....man, we've found so much "stuff" out there....if I dig somewhere, something will pop up.....just hope I never find any human bones of Greendawg's descendants!....or one of his old underwear!!...:thinking::eek::eek:

If its as described you wont find any "bodies.". You have a big camp site. Probably a high point overlooking a creek or river with shelter trees or a bluff line near by. You will find lots of broken tools, worked points, broken animal bones, lots of flakes, maybe some pottery and lots snail shells with tiny holes in them.

Cam
11-04-2015, 01:56 PM
If its as described you wont find any "bodies.". You have a big camp site. Probably a high point overlooking a creek or river with shelter trees or a bluff line near by. You will find lots of broken tools, worked points, broken animal bones, lots of flakes, maybe some pottery and lots snail shells with tiny holes in them.

you seem to know about this stuff.....edumacate me some more!........here's a map of neighborhood where I've found stuff..(but put it back! I ain't gettin' my arse in trouble!).....including the two pieces down by the water right next to each other...see below....

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/map.jpg

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/IMG_3143.jpg

buff4ever
11-04-2015, 02:21 PM
Oh cam, you have issues. Paint that metallic piece and hang it in your house.

greendawg84
11-04-2015, 02:24 PM
How come I have never heard of these so called finds before ! Now you share with the whole damn state ...... killing me man !

Cam
11-04-2015, 02:27 PM
Oh cam, you have issues. Paint that metallic piece and hang it in your house.

can I borrow your brush?...........:kiss:.....

Cam
11-04-2015, 02:36 PM
How come I have never heard of these so called finds before ! Now you share with the whole damn state ...... killing me man !

......I didn't think you'd care......the whole state?......shoot, there's barely a soul on this thread......

Rabid Cougar
11-04-2015, 03:00 PM
Found it on Google Earth. Nice Neighborhood. That whole ridge line between the river and creek running down past 29 is probably chocked full of stuff. Prime location. Nice stuff.

PurplePop
11-04-2015, 06:40 PM
A couple in Seguin has found a bunch of those biface stone tools on their property on the Guadalupe River. This article from the Seguin Gazette has some good information.

http://m.seguingazette.com/mobile/news/article_4852a8e8-7dce-11e5-bd00-db04f49726eb.html