PDA

View Full Version : Burnet @ Lampasas

stardog
11-02-2015, 08:38 PM
Burnet's only game on grass this year. Come on Badgers give up that superstition - sacred field. Time marches on so move on - turn it into a cemetery !!!

Rocket Man
11-02-2015, 10:27 PM
I like Lampasas' stadium; it is quaint and for me has a nostalgic feel from the 70's.

With that being said, I think the Bulldogs will be ruff and badger the Badgers and be howling victory at the final whistle when they are called beack to the Bulldog house.

Cam
11-02-2015, 11:29 PM
I like Lampasas' stadium; it is quaint and for me has a nostalgic feel from the 70's.

With that being said, I think the Bulldogs will be ruff and badger the Badgers and be howling victory at the final whistle when they are called beack to the Bulldog house.

....I just like that it's right down the road!!.....might be a Bush's Chicken night!.....wonder when that stadium was built?...

Rocket Man
11-03-2015, 12:52 AM
....I just like that it's right down the road!!.....might be a Bush's Chicken night!.....wonder when that stadium was built?...

Bush's yard bird??? There's gotta be something better than that in Lampasas; convenience store burritos are better than that stuff they pass off as fried chicken.

Next time you come to or through Waco, you need to seek out Crispy Chicken on Franklin Ave if you want some authentic fried yard bird.

Rabid Cougar
11-03-2015, 09:18 AM
Burnet's only game on grass this year. Come on Badgers give up that superstition - sacred field. Time marches on so move on - turn it into a cemetery !!!

It will be a swamp Friday. Bet on it.

Cam
11-03-2015, 10:31 AM
Bush's yard bird??? There's gotta be something better than that in Lampasas; convenience store burritos are better than that stuff they pass off as fried chicken.

Next time you come to or through Waco, you need to seek out Crispy Chicken on Franklin Ave if you want some authentic fried yard bird.

yea I know...I'm chicken deprived!.....all we got is a Chicken Express...and that stuff gives me the craps!......not sure what it is....but anything I've ever eaten from there makes me ill......

stardog
11-03-2015, 10:59 AM

Went to 2A Johnson City game 10/2 bye Friday - reminded me of the stadiums and fields in the 60's

stardog
11-03-2015, 11:01 AM

Don't forget they have a Storms, Chinese Buffet, and Country Café on Key Ave there by the field.

Cam
11-03-2015, 02:24 PM
Don't forget they have a Storms, Chinese Buffet, and Country Café on Key Ave there by the field.

but dammit!.....I want chicken!........:D:flaming:......and speakin' of chicken......

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/chickenoregg.jpg

Rabid Cougar
11-03-2015, 02:43 PM
You would be surprised to find that Walmart has very good fried chicken in the Deli. I was skepitcal until I tried some at a tailgate. Much better than Bush's. Now anytime I need massed quantities I order from Walmart. Golden Chick is good too. Bush's is okay.

Rabid Cougar
11-03-2015, 02:45 PM
Burnet will win btw.

Rocket Man
11-03-2015, 02:46 PM
but dammit!.....i want chicken!........:d:flaming:......and speakin' of chicken......

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/chickenoregg.jpg

Move along, nothing to see here.

I couldn't do what I wanted and couldn't delete the post, soooooooooooooooooooooo

Cam
11-03-2015, 08:10 PM
Burnet will win btw.

I think they will to...but only if they play with the intensity of last week.....Lamp will come to play....this is always a tough game....

Yoe_09
11-03-2015, 08:15 PM
You would be surprised to find that Walmart has very good fried chicken in the Deli. I was skepitcal until I tried some at a tailgate. Much better than Bush's. Now anytime I need massed quantities I order from Walmart. Golden Chick is good too. Bush's is okay.

Places like that have surprisingly good chicken. People in Cameron get their fried chicken from Brookshires. Golden chick is for the tenders. Bush's is coming to town, so they may be in trouble.

stardog
11-03-2015, 08:51 PM
Cam, only you could turn this football game discussion into a chicken eaten thread !!!!

Rabid Cougar
11-03-2015, 09:41 PM
Cam, only you could turn this football game discussion into a chicken eaten thread !!!!

Hijacking by Fried Chicken is allowed.

Rocket Man
11-03-2015, 09:45 PM
Hijacking by Fried Chicken is allowed.

Here, here; I concur!

Or is it "Hear, hear"?

Cam
11-03-2015, 09:57 PM
Here, here; I concur!

Or is it "Hear, hear"?

....I think it's "here here" since we're only typin' and no audio is involved.......:vrycnfsd:

stardog
11-03-2015, 10:54 PM

Did your Holstien milkcow tell you to eat more chikin ?

Cam
11-03-2015, 11:31 PM
Did your Holstien milkcow tell you to eat more chikin ?

No!....but her boyfriend did!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/bull.jpg

greendawg84
11-04-2015, 08:46 AM

Yes , only Cam ...... that boy aint right .

stardog
11-04-2015, 09:02 AM
Cam - maybe Budwieser would sponsor your holstiens against a team of chikens.

stardog
11-04-2015, 09:08 AM
Back to Football - Taylor has an old grass field stadium - but saw on news that they passed bond to build new sports complex - 5000 seating football field, baseball field, 8 lane track. Also Leander ISD will have new school - Tom Glenn HS starting in fall 2016. The OldCoach shows it well be 4A - I

Rabid Cougar
11-04-2015, 09:27 AM
Back to Football - Taylor has an old grass field stadium - but saw on news that they passed bond to build new sports complex - 5000 seating football field, baseball field, 8 lane track. Also Leander ISD will have new school - Tom Glenn HS starting in fall 2016. The OldCoach shows it well be 4A - I

Taylor will be the next town to explode population wise.

Rocket Man
11-04-2015, 04:22 PM

This Tom Glenn, are they gonna do what that ##$%^%$#@ College Station school did by only populating the school with Freshman and adding a class each year over the next three years (or maybe they started with Fr/Soph and then added a class over the next two years......whatever, it was a crappy way to win sports championships)?

Rabid Cougar
11-04-2015, 05:12 PM
This Tom Glenn, are they gonna do what that ##$%^%$#@ College Station school did by only populating the school with Freshman and adding a class each year over the next three years (or maybe they started with Fr/Soph and then added a class over the next two years......whatever, it was a crappy way to win sports championships)?

How was it a crappy way to win a Championship? They basically took a select team (The 12's) that lived in an area zoned to College Station High, gave them a good coach and made it their high school baseball team. Didnt' hurt they had 4 D1 prospects on the team, 2 of which will probabaly not even play college baseball. They played JV schedule as Freshman against Cameron and Rockdale JV and then started Varsity in the same district as Navasota as sophomores in football, baseball and basketball. They had over 1,100 kids in the school as Juniors year before last.

Hey....they were beatable the two years we played them. Good baseball play off series.

Rocket Man
11-04-2015, 05:39 PM
How was it a crappy way to win a Championship? They basically took a select team (The 12's) that lived in an area zoned to College Station High, gave them a good coach and made it their high school baseball team. Didnt' hurt they had 4 D1 prospects on the team, 2 of which will probabaly not even play college baseball. They played JV schedule as Freshman against Cameron and Rockdale JV and then started Varsity in the same district as Navasota as sophomores in football, baseball and basketball. They had over 1,100 kids in the school as Juniors year before last.

Hey....they were beatable the two years we played them. Good baseball play off series.

They were a 4A school sports wise with the talent pool from which they had to choose, but had a 3A enrollment. Had they started off with four full grades, then they would've been 4A. You know I'm talking primarily about baseball and primarily that last year in which, if I remember correctly, y'all won one of the games in a three game series but eventually fell.

Rabid Cougar
11-04-2015, 07:55 PM
They were a 4A school sports wise with the talent pool from which they had to choose, but had a 3A enrollment. Had they started off with four full grades, then they would've been 4A. You know I'm talking primarily about baseball and primarily that last year in which, if I remember correctly, y'all won one of the games in a three game series but eventually fell.

Yes two season's ago we lost to them in the first round. We beat them three seasons ago. They were not too happy about that. They were in 5A with Huntsville, Tomball and Brenham last year.

Cam
11-04-2015, 08:45 PM
:hijacktd:uhhh...excuse me....this is supposed to be a thread about the Burnet / Lampasas game.....not about fried chicken, Tom Glenn, or bulls with humongous balls!!!......who started this anyway???......

....this is all Greendawg's fault!.....

lv2937
11-04-2015, 08:50 PM
All you Burnet fans yell extra loud for me. I won't be able to go again this week. Looks like my in person backing the bulldogs is over for this year. With the chemo I'm taking I can't be around a crowd of people. Plus I can't be out in cool weather. I will be listening on the radio but that is nothing like being there. Also if any of you will be around Burnet on the 14th, they are having a benefit for me at the Wallace Riddel park. Serving brisket and sausage. Having a silent auction also. Selling raffle tickets for a white 40 quart Yeta cooler also.

stardog
11-04-2015, 08:53 PM

Did some research and found that Leander ISD (which includes Cedar Park HS, Leander High, Rouse, Vandergrift, and Vista Ridge) rezoned these 5 into 6 zones. The new Tom Glenn HS will open with freshman and sophomores the first year, 2016-2017. Then for second year, 2017-2018 will have freshman, sophomores, and juniors, then for third year, 2018-2019 all grades. Don't know how they will do sports.

A new high school (Veterans Memorial) opened in Corpus Christi this fall, 2015 with freshman, sophomores, and juniors. All of these grades could continue going to their old school if they wanted but next year everyone has to go to the school zone they live in. For football they had a freshman and A & B junior varsities. They played a few exhibition games like small classification schools.

Few years back when Georgetown built a second new school, Georgetown East High, the first year all the freshman went to East and Soph., Jr., and Sr. stayed at Georgetown HS. Then second year everyone attended their school.

lv2937
11-04-2015, 09:00 PM
I thought the first year Georgetown East was open they had freshman and sophomore. I remember they came to Burnet for basketball and they were pretty good. It was their first year that were open

stardog
11-04-2015, 09:50 PM
I thought the first year Georgetown East was open they had freshman and sophomore. I remember they came to Burnet for basketball and they were pretty good. It was their first year that were open
My sister and brother-in law live in Georgetown. Thought he told me back then that all the freshmen (only) went to East that first year. He had said there were about 900.

lv2937
11-04-2015, 09:59 PM
My cousin was with the gisd at that time. The first year they were open it had both grades is what he said. All freshman in eastveiw district had to go there the first year. Sophomores had a option but he said most of them went there there first year. He said the only ones that didn't go was the ones that they knew they were going to make varisty at Georgetown High

Rabid Cougar
11-05-2015, 09:27 AM
:hijacktd:uhhh...excuse me....this is supposed to be a thread about the Burnet / Lampasas game.....not about fried chicken, Tom Glenn, or bulls with humongous balls!!!......who started this anyway???......

....this is all Greendawg's fault!.....

Fried Chicken and bulls with humongous balls are exempt and allowable hijacking subjects.

greendawg84
11-05-2015, 09:34 AM
All you Burnet fans yell extra loud for me. I won't be able to go again this week. Looks like my in person backing the bulldogs is over for this year. With the chemo I'm taking I can't be around a crowd of people. Plus I can't be out in cool weather. I will be listening on the radio but that is nothing like being there. Also if any of you will be around Burnet on the 14th, they are having a benefit for me at the Wallace Riddel park. Serving brisket and sausage. Having a silent auction also. Selling raffle tickets for a white 40 quart Yeta cooler also.

I will put that on my calendar .

Rocket Man
11-05-2015, 02:02 PM
Fried Chicken and bulls with humongous balls are exempt and allowable hijacking subjects.

I totally, unequivocally, absolutely, unconditionally, positively, wholeheartedly, unquestionably AND unambiguously AGREE!!!!!!!!!!

(For the record, this post was aided in its construction by the use of an online Thesaurus [the spelling of which was aided with an online dictionary])

Cam
11-05-2015, 04:50 PM
I totally, unequivocally, absolutely, unconditionally, positively, wholeheartedly, unquestionably AND unambiguously AGREE!!!!!!!!!!

(For the record, this post was aided in its construction by the use of an online Thesaurus [the spelling of which was aided with an online dictionary])

....Rocket Man....you know better than to throw big words like "unequivocally" and "unambiguously" at Greendawg!!....what do they mean anyways?..:vrycnfsd:

Rocket Man
11-05-2015, 05:00 PM
....Rocket Man....you know better than to throw big words like "unequivocally" and "unambiguously" at Greendawg!!....what do they mean anyways?..:vrycnfsd:

I wuz throwin' them at the Rabid Cougar not the greendawg (don't you know the difference 'tween a gato y a perro?); they mean not equivocally and not ambiguously, respectively...........

greendawg84
11-06-2015, 09:14 AM

WTH ????? I am done talking to you RM ! Them is 2 dollar words , way above my raising , or you might be drinking and they are just words all running together . Too much rocket fuel inhaled ?????

greendawg84
11-06-2015, 09:24 AM
For the record , and back to football , this will be a close ball game . Lampasas is better than most think and they run the dreaded Slot T . Field was wet and slippery last night so that could be a factor in this one . On a good note IF the Dawgs win , it will be good practice for next weeks game against Da Hill !

Lampasas has the biggest kids I have ever seen on a 7th grade team ! Kid played NG had to be 6' or taller and 250 + lbs !

Bosqueville
11-06-2015, 09:43 AM
For the record , and back to football , this will be a close ball game . Lampasas is better than most think and they run the dreaded Slot T . Field was wet and slippery last night so that could be a factor in this one . On a good note IF the Dawgs win , it will be good practice for next weeks game against Da Hill !

Lampasas has the biggest kids I have ever seen on a 7th grade team ! Kid played NG had to be 6' or taller and 250 + lbs !

I agree. Lampasas hung with China Spring for most of the 1st half as they pound the ball. In fact, they had the ball for 9 straight minutes in the 2nd. I will say, they do not do well defending the spread so I see Burnet pulling away in the 2nd half. On a side note... I hate that stadium!!

greendawg84
11-06-2015, 09:47 AM
I agree. Lampasas hung with China Spring for most of the 1st half as they pound the ball. In fact, they had the ball for 9 straight minutes in the 2nd. I will say, they do not do well defending the spread so I see Burnet pulling away in the 2nd half. On a side note... I hate that stadium!!

I kinda like the old stadium , your up close like all of the fields were back in the day . I hate the location and the parking , or lack there of on the parking . Field was in bad shape last night though.

stardog
11-06-2015, 12:07 PM
Had some good sub-varsity games last night between Lampasas and Burnet. Fresh B was B- 36 L- 24, Fresh A was (not so good) B- 12 L- 40, very good JV game, B-20 L-22. Burnet tried 35 yard FG with 15 sec. left - hit the upright.

stardog
11-06-2015, 12:14 PM
I think Region IV playoff picture will be: La Vega vs Canyon Lake, China Spring vs Boerne, Gatesville vs Taylor, and Burnet vs Liberty Hill

Cam
11-06-2015, 12:52 PM
I kinda like the old stadium , your up close like all of the fields were back in the day . I hate the location and the parking , or lack there of on the parking . Field was in bad shape last night though.

what were you doing over there last night?.....I was at JV & freshman games in Burnet......

Cam
11-06-2015, 12:54 PM
I think Region IV playoff picture will be: La Vega vs Canyon Lake, China Spring vs Boerne, Gatesville vs Taylor, and Burnet vs Liberty Hill

.....if that's the case, looks like a District 13 sweep to me!....:stirpot::stirpot::stirpot::D:D

Rocket Man
11-06-2015, 01:07 PM

Cats & Dogs and more Cats & Dogs...........I wonder if it will be raining next weekend?

(Hey greendawg, are these here words small enough for ya? If not, then it CAM's fault)

greendawg84
11-06-2015, 02:36 PM
what were you doing over there last night?.....I was at JV & freshman games in Burnet......

PRF is on 7th A , it sure as hell wasnt cause I wanted to be in that town ! But they do have one bad AZZZ Cajun food joint so that made it worth the trip .

greendawg84
11-06-2015, 02:37 PM
Yep those are fine , just dont let Rocket Man back in the conversation . Sounded like he was on the sauce while he was typing ?????

stardog
11-06-2015, 04:58 PM
Lampasas JV tried to embarrass the Burnet JV with a cute little 2 pt exta pt play. Their QB got under center and called signals, raised up, put hands up, turned walking toward their bench like he was confused - center snapped ball to running back but our boys weren't fooled and stuffed him for a 3 yard loss !!!!

stardog
11-07-2015, 12:24 AM
Lampasas ran out of trick plays Final Burnet 41 Lampasas 28
Good game for Burnet - Lampasas run similar offense as Liberty Hill.