PDA

View Full Version : 4a D1 Region 3 Playoffs

Dawgs
11-01-2015, 10:32 PM
Just want to get some playoff information for Region 3. Who are the top teams? Obviously Navasota is the team to beat, but I'm wondering about some other teams to look out for. Kilgore and Carthage might not be 2012 - 2013 good, but both are salty. Those 2 teams are pretty evenly matched. Based solely on record it looks like El Campo has taken a step back from last season, but I know they will be there. How about Stafford? I know they have a good record, but don't know anything about them. Only thing I know about Silsbee and Jasper is they both got beat bad by WOS, but WOS is arguably the top team in D2. Looks like to me it's wide open after Sota this year.

WOS87
11-01-2015, 10:48 PM
Jasper is nothing like the team WOS shut out 53-0 in pre-district so don't be fooled by that. Silsbee put 28 points on WOS but defense was and remains their major problem. Stafford in District 12 is the one to watch out for. They could very well give Navasota a run for their money and win the entire region. They beat BOTH Bellville and Wharton, El Campo and gave the only loss to a really really good St. Pius private school team (who destroyed El Campo, Bay City and Sealy).

Dawgs
11-01-2015, 11:19 PM
Jasper is nothing like the team WOS shut out 53-0 in pre-district so don't be fooled by that. Silsbee put 28 points on WOS but defense was and remains their major problem. Stafford in District 12 is the one to watch out for. They could very well give Navasota a run for their money and win the entire region. They beat BOTH Bellville and Wharton, El Campo and gave the only loss to a really really good St. Pius private school team (who destroyed El Campo, Bay City and Sealy).
Ya, I didn't know about Stafford. I know Jasper and Silsbee always have the athletes. I'm not 100% sure how good Carthage and Kilgore are. We will find out when we leave our little area of NETX. I do know Kilgore has improved tremendously since the beginning of the season. Still not sure about Carthage. If our QB play is above average we are going to be tough to beat. Been waiting on the offense all year. If we get hot on offense look out.

AggiesAreWe
11-02-2015, 12:28 AM
Silsbee will score 28 or more on anyone in Region III, including Navasota.

Defense will be their demise. If the Tigers get better play there, look out.

Silsbee is averaging 501 yards and 47 points a game thru 9 games.

bird_fan
11-02-2015, 12:43 AM
Ya, I didn't know about Stafford. I know Jasper and Silsbee always have the athletes. I'm not 100% sure how good Carthage and Kilgore are. We will find out when we leave our little area of NETX. I do know Kilgore has improved tremendously since the beginning of the season. Still not sure about Carthage. If our QB play is above average we are going to be tough to beat. Been waiting on the offense all year. If we get hot on offense look out.

The Ricebirds have lost 3 games this year which for them is unusal. But I think I can safely say a lot hs to do wih the change in head coaches. They lost thieir season opeaner to Gregory Portland 34-33 whe they missed an extra point that would have give3n them overtime. In the St Pius loss The Bird actually lead 10-7 going in to the 4th quarter and thn the bottom fell out thry gave up 35 points the last of a kick off return after te Bird scored their last touchdown. They played Staffrord close Stafford Had to scor late to force OT then scored first. EC was drivin in to possibley tie the games when a bad handoff caused a fumble.. actutally the Bird co well be 8-1 this instead of having 3 losses. Right now the offrnse is beginning to click well now and the defense has shone some signs or being better. Love to see them starting to peak now. Dont write the Birds off too easy

speedbump
11-02-2015, 12:52 AM

Stafford is about defense more than anything else. West Columbia is the only team to get more than 250 total offense against them. Very big and fast on both sides of the ball but the offense doesn't seem to be as good as it could be. The Ricebirds have a bunch of good athletes but they are young and it shows. Not much in the way of leadership from the Sr. group either. If they don't shoot themselves in the foot they can play with anybody,but on some Friday nights a centipede would have to be carried off the field. West Columbia has a heck of a RB in Dakarius Bell and we will see what else come Friday night. I'm pretty sure this region will provide a bunch of great games this playoff season. {Between teams not named Navasota}