PDA

View Full Version : 9-0 Sanger @ 8-1 Argyle for the district 6 title. (Senior night for Argyle)

Aguilafanatico
11-01-2015, 01:39 PM
Big game. Can't wait. Argyle hasn't been tested in a few weeks so tough to tell just how good they are playing but they will definitely be ready. Letter jacket patch game!

slingshot
11-01-2015, 01:59 PM
Eagles roll...

Eagle Nation
11-01-2015, 02:09 PM
Eagles win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

regaleagle
11-01-2015, 05:08 PM
I personally don't think it will be an easy game for either team. Sanger has some good young talent and has performed well the past few seasons. I'm sure the Argyle coaches will have the Eagles ready play their best game of the season to win district again, but it is a football game and the other team ain't no slouch. The Indians like to run the ball with long sustained drives that eat clock. They are avg. about 215 yd/gm rushing and about 95 passing. Their qb Jackson is only a soph, but started as a freshman last season. He's a good little runner, and handles the qb position with poise. They also spread the ball equally among about 4 other backs, but Jackson rushes as much as any of them. I don't think their lines can match up sizewise to Argyle's, but they do have some speed at the skill positions. I would guess their game plan is to play keep away and keep the scoring at a minimum.

d0tc0m
11-01-2015, 07:22 PM
Argyle by 20, but the score may be a bit deceiving.

lostaussie
11-02-2015, 03:14 PM
Who would you say is Sanger signature win?

SBSlackers
11-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Who would you say is Sanger signature win?

Sanger's best opponent has been Lone Grove, OK who has a very good D1 RB in Jeremy Lewis. Other than that, the Indians have not really played anyone. As has been shown in other posts on 4ADL, Sanger has had one of the weakest 4AD1 schedules in the state. This appears to be the best team Sanger has had since the Dane Evans (now QB at Tulsa) years but we really won't find out until Friday night.

I'd love to hear some opinions from Celina fans that saw Sanger and Celina scrimmage. I know that's an eternity ago and it was only a scrimmage, but I thought Sanger at least held their own against Celina. That gives us Indian fans a small glimmer of hope against the Eagles this week!

lostaussie
11-02-2015, 03:36 PM
Fair enough answer........good luck to you guys.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

d0tc0m
11-02-2015, 04:04 PM
Sanger's best opponent has been Lone Grove, OK who has a very good D1 RB in Jeremy Lewis. Other than that, the Indians have not really played anyone. As has been shown in other posts on 4ADL, Sanger has had one of the weakest 4AD1 schedules in the state. This appears to be the best team Sanger has had since the Dane Evans (now QB at Tulsa) years but we really won't find out until Friday night.

I'd love to hear some opinions from Celina fans that saw Sanger and Celina scrimmage. I know that's an eternity ago and it was only a scrimmage, but I thought Sanger at least held their own against Celina. That gives us Indian fans a small glimmer of hope against the Eagles this week!

I wasn't at the Celina/Sanger scrimmage, so my information is a little secondhand. I was told both teams were pretty vanilla on both sides of the ball, as can be expected during a preseason scrimmage. Also heard the Bobcats played without a few key pieces. Not sure if the case was the same for Sanger, but I imagine they held a few cogs out of the machine during the matchup as well. So I don't know how valuable any insight from that scrimmage would actually be, anyway.

That said, I have watched every Celina game on film this season. And having watched the Krum/Sanger game on film, I can tell you that if the Bobcats and the Indians played for real, it wouldn't be close. Sanger has some talent, no doubt, and their kids always play extremely tough. But they'd be out-athleted by Celina by a lot, and that's exactly what's going to happen on the field this Friday as well. The Indians don't have anyone that can defend Argyle's Estrada. I've said it before, and I'll say it a few more times this season, I'm sure, but Estrada is the real deal. He doesn't look like much at first glance, then all of a sudden you're staring at the back of his jersey and he's got five yards on you. The kid is a burner, and tough to bring down. Sweatt is getting better in the backfield for the Eagles as well, and he can chew up yardage when needed. The QB, Ledford, isn't really a running threat, but he hasn't needed to be. He can, however, beat you with his arm, and he's gone over 1,500 yards this season and completed 72 percent of his passes, if I'm not mistaken. He's got three legitimate home run threats to throw to in Estrada, Gage McCook and JC Chalk, not to mention Sweatt out of the backfield.

In the end, Argyle just has too many weapons to defend, and Sanger hasn't faced a team this season that can attack them the way Argyle can/will. The Indians may be able to put up a few scores against the Eagles, but in the end, it just won't be enough.

Argyle rolls into the postseason with a full head of steam. Sanger drops its first game of the season, but the Indians could scare some Reg. II folks if taken lightly.

SBSlackers
11-02-2015, 05:15 PM
In the end, Argyle just has too many weapons to defend, and Sanger hasn't faced a team this season that can attack them the way Argyle can/will. The Indians may be able to put up a few scores against the Eagles, but in the end, it just won't be enough.

Argyle rolls into the postseason with a full head of steam. Sanger drops its first game of the season, but the Indians could scare some Reg. II folks if taken lightly.

You are 100% correct about Sanger not facing anyone this year that is a balanced run/pass team. That should be the Sanger coaches' #1 concern on Friday. If Sanger can keep this game within 14 points, I think this young team actually gains confidence heading into the playoffs. There are no Senior skill players that should see significant playing time on Friday or in the playoffs. I'm very interested to see how these sophomores/juniors hold up against a quality opponent.

RPF2666
11-02-2015, 05:35 PM
You are 100% correct about Sanger not facing anyone this year that is a balanced run/pass team. That should be the Sanger coaches' #1 concern on Friday. If Sanger can keep this game within 14 points, I think this young team actually gains confidence heading into the playoffs. There are no Senior skill players that should see significant playing time on Friday or in the playoffs. I'm very interested to see how these sophomores/juniors hold up against a quality opponent.

Argyle will keep coming, and coming, and coming! They never quit... ever.

Argyle will be the #1 Seed out of their district, by a significant margin in my opinion.

Wayne
11-02-2015, 05:41 PM
No doubt Sanger will come to play. Wouldn't want it any other way. It's hard to say how good Argyle really is. The starters are usually done early 3rd quarter or even halftime. But it's going to be hard for anyone to go into Argyle and beat them on their home field in front of their home crowd. Not saying it can't be done, it's just going to be a tough task. Looking forward to seeing this game. I got Argyle by 24

regaleagle
11-02-2015, 09:25 PM
If Argyle doesn't shoot themselves in the foot with needless turnovers and stupid penalties, I think the Eagles will pull away in the 2nd half. The lines will just wear down the Sanger lines, and the defense will be stuffing that qb if he tries to pass or keep it. But I do know that Sanger prides itself as being athletic and tough, also. They are getting there, and should be even better next season. Trouble is.....they're in Argyle's district.....and I don't see Argyle doing nothing but reloading each season. Heck, we've got a freshman qb on varsity that is the backup to Ledford that would be a starter for most teams in 4A.....he has that much talent. And Ledford in only a junior. If Ledford had more minutes and needed to score more, his numbers would be much higher. Typically, when Argyle gets ahead by a bunch, they just run it a lot to eat clock, and then the backups are playing. Then the numbers get skewed even more and don't look that great. But when your defense gives you short fields and scores, you don't need good numbers. So much for looks, huh.

Aguilafanatico
11-03-2015, 02:20 PM
Key is the Argyle 5 headed offensive monster of Ledford, Estrada, McCook, Chalk, and Sweatt. All of which are seniors except Ledford and all could be considered THE GUY on many teams. I don't think we have seen the best of this offense yet. Could be this week. If the defense continues to play at the high level they have played all year long (Except for the Celina game), it could be a long night for Sanger.

d0tc0m
11-03-2015, 02:25 PM
Key is the Argyle 5 headed offensive monster of Ledford, Estrada, McCook, Chalk, and Sweatt. All of which are seniors except Ledford and all could be considered THE GUY on many teams. I don't think we have seen the best of this offense yet. Could be this week. If the defense continues to play at the high level they have played all year long (Except for the Celina game), it could be a long night for Sanger.

You're right, Aguila, and I don't think you can hold the Celina game against the Argyle defense anymore than you can hold the 36 points by the Eagles given up by the Celina defense that night. That was just two very good offenses trading punches all night.

I think Sanger can make this fun and close for about a quarter, maybe two. But Argyle has just way too much. Eagles will roll by 20+.

Aguilafanatico
11-03-2015, 02:35 PM
B
You're right, Aguila, and I don't think you can hold the Celina game against the Argyle defense anymore than you can hold the 36 points by the Eagles given up by the Celina defense that night. That was just two very good offenses trading punches all night.

I think Sanger can make this fun and close for about a quarter, maybe two. But Argyle has just way too much. Eagles will roll by 20+.

No you are right but there were some defensive adjustments made after that game that have paid off. Not that Argyle would have had any more luck stopping Celina that night but it did serve as an awesome and timely wake up call. Just glad that they are healthy and rolling into November.

Caveman
11-05-2015, 11:37 AM

Let's start by saying Argyle should win this game. The key thing to watch is the inside linebackers. If the defensive line overpursues and the LBs can't shed their blocks it's going to be a short game (time wise). I'll bet you Sanger goes for it on fourth down no matter where they are on the field just to eat the clock. If they do that and Argyle let's them gain confidence and their fans get in the game, watch out. I know LE is watching this game with great interest. If Argyle can't stop the run on an average team it will be a short post-season.

Aguilafanatico
11-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Let's start by saying Argyle should win this game. The key thing to watch is the inside linebackers. If the defensive line overpursues and the LBs can't shed their blocks it's going to be a short game (time wise). I'll bet you Sanger goes for it on fourth down no matter where they are on the field just to eat the clock. If they do that and Argyle let's them gain confidence and their fans get in the game, watch out. I know LE is watching this game with great interest. If Argyle can't stop the run on an average team it will be a short post-season.

Hard to play the clock game if you are chasing.

regaleagle
11-05-2015, 09:20 PM
Ledford did throw for 333 yds against a very good Celina team, so he's proven that he has the ability to step it up when Argyle needs to. Usually 36 points wins most games, even playoff caliber games. It wasn't the lack of offensive production that caused the loss in that game. And now both the offense and defense are much, much better than in the 3rd game of the season. So overall, I'm excited to see how the Eagles will fare against a very good Sanger Indians team this season. They have won every game they have played, some very convincingly. Sanger has a chance to win this game, if the ball bounces their way. I personally don't think they will win even if they do get tons of breaks. I truly believe Argyle is going into the playoffs in high gear. I believe they are a very strong and highly disciplined team now. The Oline has come together, and there's plenty of good-sized beef across the line. Argyle will be one tough nut to crack this season, IMHO.

Caveman
11-06-2015, 09:57 AM
Hard to play the clock game if you are chasing.

If you're playing catch up.

RPF2666
11-06-2015, 10:40 AM
Argyle will have plenty, early, and will be ahead. Sanger has had a great season, but hasn't played a
real game against anyone at Argyle's level.

partimefan
11-06-2015, 03:50 PM
When is last time Sanger:
a- won district in football?
b- beat Argyle Varsity football club?

I would love to say first time in _____ years.

RPF2666
11-06-2015, 04:11 PM

Seems like Celina has beaten a District Champ 'type' Sanger team not long ago
in the Playoffs? Could be wrong...

SBSlackers
11-06-2015, 04:12 PM

I believe the answer to A & B is 2006. Sanger lost to Graham that year in round 2 of the playoffs.

SBSlackers
11-06-2015, 04:42 PM
Seems like Celina has beaten a District Champ 'type' Sanger team not long ago
in the Playoffs? Could be wrong...

Celina beat Sanger in round 1 of playoffs in 2010 and 2011 (both at CH Collins in Denton if I remember correctly). Both years the Indians finished 2nd to Argyle in district.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:27 PM
Ok, here we go. I'll be keeping track of the action tonite from warm & sunny San Antonio, lol. We finally got some cool weather here. Kickoff will happen at about 7:30 pm in Argyle. It will be Sanger @ Argyle for the district title. Stop soph qb Jackson and you stop this offense, IMO(and Coach Rodgers). He's a goodun for only a soph, but the Eagles need this test going into the playoffs against some pretty darn good Region 2 teams this season. Region 2 is loaded this year with some very good football teams, and it will be very competitive every playoff week.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:29 PM
It's Senior Night in Argyle tonite. Kickoff will happen shortly. Beautiful cool night for football tonite with no rain. A little wisp of wind, but not bad. A little bit of a rivalry game here tonite. Other than Celina, this is the next big rivalry for Argyle. Kickoff to Argyle and Argyle takes it back to the 23 only.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:30 PM
First down for the Eagles is a handoff to Taylor Sweatt for 5 yds to the 29

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:31 PM
Sideline pass to Estrada is hit immediately for no gain.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:32 PM
Ledford scrambles and hits a wide-open Gage McCook as he takes it to the house for an Eagles TD. Kick is good.

Argyle 7-0

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:34 PM
Packed house tonite in Argyle as the Eagles score quickly on the 3rd play from scrimmage. Ledford stepped up on that pressure and threw a nice touch pass to McCook, who was wide open.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:36 PM
Sanger has the ball and CJ Jackson is immediately thrown for a loss on that keeper. Now Shane McKinney on the stop for no gain on that handoff. 3rd and 11 from the Indians 14 yd line. Nice Moser takes it for a nice gain, but he is short at the 22. 4th down and Sanger must punt from deep in their own end

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:37 PM
McCook takes it back to the Argyle 47 to start this series.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:38 PM
Pass to Estrada for a first down, but a flag down. Looks like its against Argyle....holding against JC Chalk. Big break for Sanger. It will be 1st and 20.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:39 PM
Sweatt runs it for 5 yds. 2nd and 15 now for the Eagles from their own 45. Pistol look now and Estrada takes it for only 2 yds. 3rd and 11 now.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:41 PM
Ledford rolls to throw it, but pump fakes and keeps it for 7 more yds. Will Argyle punt? Estrada is the punter and Estrada keeps it on the run for a first down. Sanger had the LOS stacked with nobody back, but Estrada still ran it for a first to the Sanger 38

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:41 PM
Completion to Scott Smith for 9 yds on first down. Roll out by Ledford.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:42 PM
McCook takes it on the jetsweep to the 25 for another first down.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:42 PM
Sweatt takes it down to the 16 for 8 yds. 2nd and 2 for Argyle.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:43 PM
Sweatt down to the 7 yd line now on that run. First and goal for the Eagles.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:44 PM
Flag against Sanger for illegal substitution.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:45 PM
Ledford throws for a TD, but looks like holding on the Eagle O-line.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:45 PM
Handoff to Estrada back up to the 7 yd line.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:46 PM
McCook to the 4 yd line on that run.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:48 PM
TD on that throw by Ledford to McCook, but another flag down. Offsides by Sanger. TD is good and Holt makes the extra point.

Argyle 14-0

Still in the 1st

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:49 PM
Holt's kickoff line drive goes out of bounds on the 10 yd line. Argyle is letting Caleb Holt handle all the kicking duties now.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:50 PM
Moser hit right at the 30 yd line for no gain. 2nd and 10.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:51 PM
Jackson throws it incomplete on his first pass attempt of the evening. He had a lot of pressure and rushed that one. 3rd and 10 now.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:52 PM
Now Jackson throws it on a line to Braden Smith for a 31 yd completion that was slightly tipped, but Smith was able to hold on to it for a big gain.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:54 PM
CJ Jackson rolls out of the pocket and brought in the cornerback as Jackson lofted it to a wide open Braylon Smith at the 15 and he trots into the end zone for the score. That was a mistake by the corner for Argyle.....he raced in to get the qb on that roll out and left his area wide open for Smith.

Argyle 14
Sanger 7

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 08:55 PM
Good arm by Jackson and kept his eyes downfield as he made 2 good throws on that drive for the score.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:00 PM
Argyle gets a first down, and now it's 2nd and 3 as the 1st quarter ends.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:01 PM
Now a big completion down to the 20 of Sanger as Ledford finds Estrada on that pass play. McCook takes it down to the 3 on that carry for another first down.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:04 PM
Sweatt takes it up the middle for is stopped quickly. 3rd and goal for the Eagles. Ledford runs it to the pylon for the goal line for a TD. He pumpfaked to JC Chalk. Kick is good by Caleb Holt.

Argyle 21
Sanger 7

Argyle has scored now on all 3 possessions so far in this first half.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:04 PM
Kick is a touchback as Sanger starts on their own 25.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:05 PM
Casey Harper stops Jackson on that keeper for only a yard gain.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:06 PM
Direct snap to the halfback and Speed hammers him at the LOS for no gain. Now another roll out pass by Jackson that goes imcomplete. Sanger will have to punt.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:07 PM
Argyle takes the punt and returns it to the Sanger side of the field. Little pitch to JC Chalk up the middle for 2 yds on first down.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:09 PM
Ledford to Estrada as he makes a great catch on that underthrown ball down to the Sanger 27. Now McCook takes it for only 2 yds to the 25 on that run.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:10 PM
Pass by Ledford to Chalk for another first down at the 17. Chalk was well-covered on that one, but still was able to bring it in.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:10 PM
Taylor Sweatt bounces it outside and gets it down to the 7 yd line for another first down.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:11 PM
Sweatt up the middle for no gain on first and goal from the 7. Good penetration by the front 4 for Sanger.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:12 PM
No gain on that run......in fact a one yard loss. 3rd and goal from the 8 yd line as Argyle calls a timeout.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:15 PM
Ledford rolls left and pump fakes again as he runs to the pylon for another Eagle TD. Kick is good. Argyle is 4 for 4 on TD's in the first half.

Argyle 28
Sanger 7

5:30 left 2nd qtr.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:16 PM
Carter takes the knee in the end zone for Sanger as they will start on their own 25 after the Eagle kickoff.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:17 PM
There's just nothing there for Sanger when they run the ball. They are having a tough time getting first downs and they want to run the football, but Argyle is stuffing them on the run.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:17 PM
3rd and one now for the Indians on that run. They may get a first down here by running it.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:18 PM
Sanger brings in their LB at fullback for blocking as Moser takes it outside for 3 yds. and a first down.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:19 PM
McKinney throws Jackson for a loss of 3yds on that play. Hudson Speed hits the receiver now and he can't make the reception on 2nd down.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:21 PM
First down on a pass from Mc Millian to Jackson on a trick play. Now he goes CJ Jackson down the sideline as he is loose and now fumbles the ball as he is hit at the 7 yd line, but they will call him down. A 42 yd run by Jackson on that one.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:23 PM
Jackson fakes a handoff to Moser and hits a slant pass to the one yd. line to Trent McMillian. Big package in now for Sanger and Argyle takes a timeout with 1:39 left in the half. The Eagles want to stop this clock and leave some time on it case Sanger scores here.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:25 PM
Jackson on the keeper around the end as he gets a big block and takes it over for a Sanger TD. The kick is good and Sanger gets a big score off that big 42 yd run by Jackson with only a little more than a minute left in the half.

Argyle 28
Sanger 14

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:26 PM
Dakota Branch kicks it deep to Gage McCook as he returns it all the way to the Sanger 45. The last man gets him at the sideline after a 58 yd return.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:27 PM
Ledford finds Estrada at the 20 yd line on that very sharp pass by Dane Ledford for a huge first down play.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:27 PM
Now McCook takes the bubble screen, stops, waits for the block, and takes it down to the 8 yd line.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:28 PM
46 seconds left in the half as Argyle will try to score here before the half. Now Ledford fumbles the snap as he tries to hand off to McCook.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:30 PM
Ledford fakes the handoff to Sweatt and takes it down to the 4 yd line and gets out of bounds to stop the clock. Holt will kick the field goal with only 12 secs left in the half. It is good.

Argyle 31
Sanger 14

Argyle has scored on every possession and just ran out of time on that last possession. They decided to just kick the field goal with no timeouts left for them in this half.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:31 PM
Kickoff 5 yds deep into the endzone and he brings it out and is hit hard by Gage Campbell at the 12 yd line. End of the half.

Argyle 31
Sanger 14

Half

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 09:55 PM
Sanger will be receiving the 2nd half kickoff from Argyle and will attempt to score on their first possession of the 2nd half. Actually, if they don't they will be in deep doo-doo because Argyle has scored on every possession it's had the ball so far tonite.

"Every possession it's had the ball"......kind of double talk there, but what the hey.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:02 PM
Howard takes it out from 1 yd deep to the 25 yd line for Sanger to start the 2nd half.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:03 PM
Peyton Howard handoff for no gain on first down. Actually a one yard loss.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:04 PM
Howard is very fast for Sanger......a speed guy. Flag down on Sanger on 2nd down. Illegal substitution. Argyle had 303 yds in the first half to 150 for Sanger.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:12 PM
Lost track because I had to reboot the computer, but Taylor Sweatt just ran for a good gain as Argyle now has the ball. Sanger still at 14 points, so they didn't score on their first possession.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:13 PM
Taylor Sweatt breaks a tackle and takes it down to the 10 yd line as Sweatt runs over the Sanger Dback for that first down.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:15 PM
Gage McCook took that zoomsweep and just walks into the endzone for another Argyle TD. Holt's kick is good.

Argyle scores on their first possession of the 2nd half and on every possession so far tonite.

Argyle 38
Sanger 14

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:15 PM
Argyle is looking pretty strong tonite, with very few penalties and no turnovers so far.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:16 PM
Peyton Howard takes it out from the end zone to the 15 yd line where he is hit hard. Sanger starts from their own 17 yd line now.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:17 PM
Incomplete pass to Clay Webster for Sanger. 2nd and 10 as Jackson runs it for only one yard.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:19 PM
Jackson throws under great pressure incomplete as he just barely got rid of it. 4th down and Branch will punt. Estrada fields it at the 50 yd line and he runs it back all the way to the 20 yd line. Estrada returns it 34 yds. It was a 31 yd punt.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:20 PM
Flag on the play as #42 for Sanger is called for a personal foul after the play. He kicked one of the Argyle blockers in the back after the play.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:22 PM
Looks like Liggett for Argyle is coming off the field.....Coach Rodgers is very anxious to get the report. Something went on over on that sideline. Okay, the Sanger player is ejected and Colton Liggett gets called on a retaliation penalty for Argyle. The Sanger coaches are really upset now.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:25 PM
The Sanger player pulled his own man off the player and then kicked the Argyle player......so he was ejected. Then Liggett for Argyle must have done something after that, but he was only called for a retaliation penalty. The Sanger coaches were upset because the Argyle player did not get ejected also. Argyle at the Sanger 38 now.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:26 PM
Sweatt takes it down to the 14 for a 28 yd run after he hit the hole and cut right for that big gain on first down.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:27 PM
Ledford rolls under pressure and dumps it to John Tarwater at the 7 yd line for a pick up of 7 yds.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:27 PM
Now Estrada takes the sweep down to the 2 yd line. First down and goal for the Eagles.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:28 PM
Sweatt breaks it outside, stretches it outside and breaks a tackle to score. Holt's kick is good.

Argyle 45
Sanger 14

2:45 3rd

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:29 PM
Holt is 11 for 11 on field goals this season and 29 for 29 in extra points.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:30 PM
Howard takes a knee in the end zone on the kickoff. Sanger starts on their own 25 again.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:31 PM
Liggett on the stop outside for no gain on first for the Indians. 2nd and 10 as Jackson throws incomplete.

Caveman
11-06-2015, 10:31 PM
The Sanger player pulled his own man off the player and then kicked the Argyle player......so he was ejected. Then Liggett for Argyle must have done something after that, but he was only called for a retaliation penalty. The Sanger coaches were upset because the Argyle player did not get ejected also. Argyle at the Sanger 38 now.

This is a typical Argyle/Sanger game. Argyle kills em and Sanger gets chippy and cheap. It's that way from pee wee and middle school to high school.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:32 PM
That's a 6-4 receiver for Sanger. 3rd and 10 as Jackson runs up the middle on a qb draw for only 3 yds. Sanger will punt again. It's going bad for Sanger now.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:33 PM
Fair catch at the Argyle 37 on that punt......a good high 37 yd punt. Ledford keeps it to the 45 for a 9 yd gain.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:35 PM
Screen pass to JC Chalk up the middle as he drags about 8 tacklers with him for a first down as Sanger tries to rip the ball from him.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:36 PM
Ledford throws a bullet to Estrada as he comes back to make the catch at the 20 yd line for a great pass and catch play for Argyle.

End of 3rd

Argyle 45
Sanger 14

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:37 PM
1st and 10 at the Sanger 17 to start the 4th. Pass to Chalk for 5 yds, but a flag on the play. Block in the back on Argyle.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:39 PM
First and 20 as McCook takes the jetsweep behind Estrada leading. Estrada throws a big block to clear the way and McCook cuts it back all the way to the other sideline and scores from 37 yds out for another Argyle TD. The kick by Holt is good.

Argyle 52
Sanger 14

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:42 PM
Holt pooches this kick into the air, but it goes into the end zone for a touchback. Sanger starts on their own 25 again. Matt Horton knocks the ball loose and Chase Estrada picks it up and runs it into the end zone as the Argyle backups on defense create a score here early in the 4th. Kick is good.

Argyle 59
Sanger 14

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:44 PM
McMillian takes the kick but is hit hard at the 32 yd line on that pooch kick. 1st down Sanger. Backups in for Argyle since last series.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:45 PM
Peyton breaks loose and runs about 20 yds down the sideline for a big pickup on first down. Howard has speed to burn. Now Jackson picks up 30 yds on that carry all the way down to the 19 on 2 runs.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:46 PM
Now McMillian takes it down inside the 10 for Sanger.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:47 PM
Gavin Brown takes the sweep for a 10 yd TD run in 4 plays for Sanger. The kick is good.

Argyle 59
Sanger 21

10:29 4th

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:48 PM
Looks like the backups need more minutes, lol.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:49 PM
Don Williams for Argyle almost breaks that kickoff for a TD, but is brought down on the Sanger 45.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:49 PM
Dillon Carter hands off to Jake Pelton for a gain of 8 on first down. Backups are playing on offense now.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:50 PM
Pelton has about 6 more for a first down at the Sanger 20. Sanger defensive starters still playing.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:51 PM
Carter is a freshman qb and Pelton is a soph. as he gains 5 more. 2nd and 5 for Argyle.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:51 PM
Motion on Argyle backs it up to make it 2nd and 10 now.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:52 PM
Carter under pressure as he dumps it off to Don Williams who is hit really hard for a short gain.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:55 PM
3rd and 9 now. Carter fakes the handoff to Pelton and finds Cale Nanny for a TD pass. Don Williams threw a good block for Carter as he picked up the rusher to give Carter time to find Nanny in the end zone. Kick is good.

Argyle 66
Sanger 21

Argyle offensive backups score against Sanger's starting D. Now both offense and defensive backups have scored here in the 4th qtr.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:56 PM
A high pooch kick hits and Chase Campbell runs underneath it and catches it for Argyle's football. Campbell is a baseball player and just beat the Sanger player under the ball on that high pooch kick.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:56 PM
3rd and 8 now for Argyle backups.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:57 PM
6 minutes to play. Massey gets the handoff for a couple of yards. 4th and 5 yds for Argyle backups now.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:58 PM
Massey is stopped on that handoff as Sanger will take over at close to midfield.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 10:59 PM
Both teams will end up 9-1 for the regular season going into the playoffs next week.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 11:00 PM
Sanger would like to score one more time tonite, preferably on this possession.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 11:02 PM
CJ Jackson will only get much better for Sanger as he matures in the next couple of years. He's listed at 5'10", 150, but will put on some weight in the next couple of years. He's a good little runner and has much poise at the qb position.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 11:04 PM
Another 1st down for Sanger at the Argyle 23 now. Jackson hands it to Moser(soph back) as he hits a hole and takes it all way in for another Sanger score. Snap is bobbled and is tackled at the 13 on the extra point try.

Argyle 66
Sanger 27

1:56 left

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 11:05 PM
Argyle has basically completely dominated this game as the backups have allowed the last 2 scores for Sanger.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 11:07 PM
Argyle running the clock out here to end this game. A strong finish to the regular season here at home on Senior Night for the Argyle Eagles against a previously undefeated Sanger Indians fairly decent team. They should win a couple of rounds in the playoffs.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 11:10 PM
Offensive line just dominated the game tonite for Argyle. Argyle wins the District Championship again tonite for another trophy in the case. Congrats to the Sanger Indians for a great run this regular season and best wishes going into the playoffs. Sanger will be even better next year......they are a very young squad.

regaleagle
11-06-2015, 11:10 PM
Argyle 66
Sanger 27

Final

Aguilafanatico
11-07-2015, 01:35 AM
If you're playing catch up.

Did I say chasing?? Never close.

Caveman
11-07-2015, 07:43 AM
Did I say chasing?? Never close.

Yep. You were right, they were pretty hapless. We've still got one area that's killing us and we've got to get that figured out.

SBSlackers
11-07-2015, 08:48 AM
Yep. You were right, they were pretty hapless. We've still got one area that's killing us and we've got to get that figured out.

I assume you're talking about your CB play. Seemed like Sanger could have thrown deep all night long, except Argyle's d line were in Jackson's face most of the time before he hit even a 3 step drop much less a 5 or 7 step. A team with a solid o line, QB and WRs could score on Argyle but the Eagles' d line is very good.

My impressions on this Argyle team:

1. One of the best offensive lines I've seen at this level.
2. Estrada is a beast!
3. Ledford is a huge improvement at QB from what they had last year. Hard to believe the Navasota state championship game wouldn't have played out differently if he would have been behind center. He appeared to struggle throwing the deep ball but his scrambling ability and accuracy on the short passes more than make up for that.
4. Not many weaknesses on this team and you could argue that they are even better than the state finalist from 2014. I don't see them being challenged until maybe Navasota again. It's going to take a team that can pass to score and have a huge d line to match up with that great o line to limit Argyle.

Tom Foolery
11-07-2015, 09:45 AM
Sanger passing numbers 4 -11 for 94 yards. Not sure how Argyle would improve much on those numbers. Caveman must be referring to 2nd team D run defense.

Aguilafanatico
11-07-2015, 10:28 AM
Sanger passing numbers 4 -11 for 94 yards. Not sure how Argyle would improve much on those numbers. Caveman must be referring to 2nd team D run defense.

Not sure. Unless he is referring to the yards they gashed us for vs the backups. The 1's on both sides of the ball were stout. Yes they hit a couple of long passes and that will happen occasionally. Those guys on the other team practice a lot too. I will say this, if the Dline continues to pressure the Qb as they have been doing there won't be much time to hit long passes. I feel real good about where this team is right now. Perfect? No, but name a team in 4A that is.

d0tc0m
11-07-2015, 11:22 AM
I assume you're talking about your CB play. Seemed like Sanger could have thrown deep all night long, except Argyle's d line were in Jackson's face most of the time before he hit even a 3 step drop much less a 5 or 7 step. A team with a solid o line, QB and WRs could score on Argyle but the Eagles' d line is very good.

2. Estrada is a beast!
3. Ledford is a huge improvement at QB from what they had last year. Hard to believe the Navasota state championship game wouldn't have played out differently if he would have been behind center. He appeared to struggle throwing the deep ball but his scrambling ability and accuracy on the short passes more than make up for that.
4. Not many weaknesses on this team and you could argue that they are even better than the state finalist from 2014. I don't see them being challenged until maybe Navasota again. It's going to take a team that can pass to score and have a huge d line to match up with that great o line to limit Argyle.

1. From what I have seen on film, and the Argylians can back me up, the Eagles' o-line has improved a ton since the Celina game. The Bobcats were in the backfield all night in that game and kept pressure on Ledford all four quarters and shut down Sweatt and the running game completely. BUT ... that o-line seems to be gelling a lot more now. Celina's defense had a lot to do with some of Argyle's problems in that game, but the Eagles have made some big-time leaps since then, in my opinion. Not to mention, they have great size. It'll take a disciplined defensive line with lots of speed to wreak havoc on these Eagles.

2. Been saying this since Estrada torched the Celina defense for 200 yards (I think) ... the kid is the real deal. Not quite on Sadler's level, in my opinion, but he's dang close. He can beat you in a lot of ways. Not many folks will be able to defend him, and I don't care who it is ... LE, Navasota, whoever. He's going to get his yards.

3. A big reason Estrada had a ton of yards against Celina was Ledford's ability to escape pressure. I don't know how many times the Bobcats had Ledford wrapped up for a sure sack only to watch him escape and throw for big gains. He has a ton of poise, good vision and, while he isn't a huge run threat, he keeps plays alive with this legs. I'll say this again also, having watched him on film some more, he's improved a TON since the Celina game.

4. I could buy into the argument that Argyle is better this year. Obviously, not having Ralston is a big loss. But it's forced Argyle to develop its other weapons, which are potent and are many. I think they are better overall this season, and that should be very, very scary for the opposition. Not only that, but they've figured some things out, defensively, and they seem to be clicking on all cylinders at the right time.

I will not be picking against Argyle from here on out. And they may be able to give Navasota more than they can handle down at NRG. Lots to be played until then, but the Eagles fit the bill of a state championship-caliber team.

Wayne
11-07-2015, 12:20 PM
Agree 100% dotcom! Argyle has too many weapons to try to shut down. Ledford is maturing into a great QB and is only getting Better. Gage McCook had a stellar night and very dangerous in the open field. I think Argyle is a much better rounded team this year than last. I see Argyle making a deep run and possible bringing that Championship back home. All I can say to those that have to face Argyle in each round of the playoffs, you better bring your best because Argyle is on a mission!

Caveman
11-08-2015, 08:03 AM

2. Estrada is a beast!

I tend to look at where we can improve and what our weaknesses are; that's where you get killed. You're right the CB was consistently getting beat. After that first one I kept watching him and he was having trouble. Something Argyle does this year that they haven't done much in the past is crowd the line. They're slowing down the recievers before they can get into their patterns and it gives the rush a little more time to develop. But if we run into a team that has a QB that can lay it up to a quick WO there's going to be trouble in river city. He may have to give his side some cushion in order to keep the WO in front of him.

regaleagle
11-08-2015, 10:54 AM
I tend to look at where we can improve and what our weaknesses are; that's where you get killed. You're right the CB was consistently getting beat. After that first one I kept watching him and he was having trouble. Something Argyle does this year that they haven't done much in the past is crowd the line. They're slowing down the recievers before they can get into their patterns and it gives the rush a little more time to develop. But if we run into a team that has a QB that can lay it up to a quick WO there's going to be trouble in river city. He may have to give his side some cushion in order to keep the WO in front of him.

Ahem......that team would be Liberty Eylau with Kemon Freeman at the helm. He's athletic, quick on the draw, has maybe the strongest arm of any qb in 4A, and can escape pressure better than just about any other qb......he's got excellent speed. LE also has a couple of very good receivers and rushers. Their lines are plenty big, too. They've played a very tough schedule this season, and will be a very tough opponent for any 4A team to beat, IMO. If there is a team in Region 2 that could beat them, I would say it is Argyle. The jury is still out on Kennedale and will remain that way until the Argyle game. It was surprising how easily they defeated a very good Alvarado team.