Game will be @ 2pm on Saturday in Wimberley

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

lostaussie
10-30-2015, 01:27 PM
Wow. Y'all be safe down there!!!!

chaingang
10-30-2015, 03:42 PM
Wow. Y'all be safe down there!!!!

Yeah, been watching videos on facebook about Gruene and New Braunfels. WOW!! Try to stay high and dry over there!

chaingang
10-30-2015, 03:43 PM
I believe one video was shot from the deck at the Grismill. Man, the water is on the deck. Last time I was there I could swear the river is like 20' below the deck. Geez!

10ForTheWin
10-30-2015, 04:05 PM
Here's a picture from beautiful San Marcoshttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/30/1d5197e7e6a0da193592079d07c20cc5.jpg

1st and goal
10-30-2015, 07:11 PM
Hope nobody got hurt in that tornado in Geronimo.

10ForTheWin
10-30-2015, 08:05 PM
Hope nobody got hurt in that tornado in Geronimo.
From what I have heard there were no injuries from the Tornado in Geronimo

Tejastrue
10-30-2015, 10:37 PM
Very good to hear this 10f...

Tejastrue
10-30-2015, 10:49 PM
To Saturday afternoon. Details later

BOC..I have always hated day games. High school football should be played under the lights, even though we have been very successful under the sun. Considering today's events however I think most of us welcome the fact that this game is still being played. Hope all of the Navarro folks are safe and doing as well as could be expected under the circumstances.

chaingang
10-31-2015, 08:49 AM
BOC..I have always hated day games. High school football should be played under the lights, even though we have been very successful under the sun. Considering today's events however I think most of us welcome the fact that this game is still being played. Hope all of the Navarro folks are safe and doing as well as could be expected under the circumstances.

How are all of you over there? Yall make it through? Man some of the pics/videos are crazy!!!

Tejastrue
10-31-2015, 12:06 PM
Another mess around Cypress Creek bridge and downtown Wimberley. Significant damage to some of my property here but at least the home was unscathed. For the most part I think all is well.

10ForTheWin
10-31-2015, 02:06 PM
7 to 7 10:09 1st

WOS1
10-31-2015, 02:24 PM
7 to 7 10:09 1st

Is the game being broadcast on the web?

10ForTheWin
10-31-2015, 02:25 PM
Navarro 14, Wimberley 7 - 2min 1st

10ForTheWin
10-31-2015, 02:25 PM
Is the game being broadcast on the web?
I'm not sure, Tejas may know

lbjacj
10-31-2015, 02:26 PM
Maybe on wimberleyradio.org

I say maybe because they didn't air the Hondo game last week

10ForTheWin
10-31-2015, 02:28 PM
14 - 14 1:21 1st

Scoop27
10-31-2015, 02:30 PM
http://wimberleyradio.org/

chaingang
10-31-2015, 02:31 PM
Another mess around Cypress Creek bridge and downtown Wimberley. Significant damage to some of my property here but at least the home was unscathed. For the most part I think all is well.

Good deal! Stay safe!

WOS87
10-31-2015, 02:34 PM
Hasn't Navarro only allowed like 40 points total coming into this game? How's the field?

10ForTheWin
10-31-2015, 02:35 PM
Tio white hat is doing great ;)

10ForTheWin
10-31-2015, 02:40 PM
Navarro 20, Wimberley 14 - 6:49 2nd

lbjacj
10-31-2015, 02:45 PM
Turf is fine

lbjacj
10-31-2015, 02:47 PM
Tio white hat is doing great ;)

One holding call was legit

10ForTheWin
10-31-2015, 02:51 PM
Haha I'm just playing no worries, this is a hell of a game

10ForTheWin
10-31-2015, 03:00 PM
Nevermind I'm not joking anymore Tio is effecting the outcome of the this is a little ridiculous

iFootball
10-31-2015, 03:01 PM
Who gets the ball to start the second half?

WOS1
10-31-2015, 03:13 PM
http://wimberleyradio.org/
Thanks!

lbjacj
10-31-2015, 03:18 PM
Who gets the ball to start the second half?

Panthers

lbjacj
10-31-2015, 03:20 PM
Hey Navarro peeps. Why didn't your band perform at halftime?

SintonFan_inAustin
10-31-2015, 03:37 PM
reverse play might just of kill the drive

10ForTheWin
10-31-2015, 03:53 PM
Hey Navarro peeps. Why didn't your band perform at halftime?
Many of the band kids could not make it so we don't have the full squad

10ForTheWin
10-31-2015, 03:57 PM
Navarro 38, Wimberley 14- Start of the 4th

10ForTheWin
10-31-2015, 04:07 PM
Navarro 45, Wimberley 14 - 7:00 4th

PurplePop
10-31-2015, 04:14 PM
45-14 Navarro
4:59 4th

PurplePop
10-31-2015, 04:19 PM
Navarro 45 Wimberley 14
Final

10ForTheWin
10-31-2015, 04:20 PM
Navarro 45, Wimberley 14 - Final

bag-o-chips
10-31-2015, 05:58 PM
Tejas I have to hand it to The Texans. Your bunch gave us a little scare and we seemed rusty at the start. You have improved a bunch and should make a nice playoff run and rep. the district well.

Navarro ended up with 467 rushing and 54 passing yards. Wimberley had 174 passing and 38 rushing.
Navarro has scored 45 points and up every game and allowed 14 twice. This was the first time the 1st defense gave up two td's in a game and the only time they have given up over 200 yds offense in a game. Leal, Law and Grant the rb's each had over 100 yards rushing. Navarro kneeled the ball to end the game as well.

Tejastrue
10-31-2015, 07:29 PM
Well heck..tale of 2 halves. Obviously we have a ways to go. When we are in a game at the half we don't seem to be able to make the adjustments necessary to compete for an entire ballgame. Of course Navarro had as much to do with that as anything but it's been that way all year. Okay. The game is over. I can be a Panther fan again. Damn you guys are good. Come on Navarro fans get on here and toot your horns a bit! Good luck the rest of the way. Thanks BOC..hopefully we will represent well. Now we get a break before the playoffs start. Congrats to all of Navarro on the big win!

bag-o-chips
10-31-2015, 07:45 PM
Thanks Tejas. One of the DB's has been nursing a knee since the Lytle game. Yes I think this has been the best we have ever been but you guys really impressed me today. Good Luck the rest of the way! Go Texans ! Unless we meet again like 2010!

PurplePop
10-31-2015, 08:48 PM
The final score is deceiving. That was a tough game. We had to play error free ball all the way and grind away until we got some breathing room in the 3rd. By then, our guys were pretty gassed in that sun when they came off the field each time. It's good thing we had the lead at that point. The Texans will likely play Sinton again in the third round, and the Pirates will have their hands full.

LV_Bearfan
10-31-2015, 08:56 PM
Good luck to the Panthers and Texans in the playoffs. The Panthers are looking like the real deal this year.

rb585
10-31-2015, 11:30 PM
Well heck..tale of 2 halves. Obviously we have a ways to go. When we are in a game at the half we don't seem to be able to make the adjustments necessary to compete for an entire ballgame.

That has happened waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too often the past three years. I wonder why?

bag-o-chips
11-01-2015, 09:10 AM
Maybe it was because Navarro was a little rusty and took a butt chewing at half and came out with a great defense that we had seen all year and back to the bread and butter A set slot T you could not defend against? Maybe just maybe Navarro is the New Daddy of the District? And they methodically just ran out the last 5-6 minutes of the game then kneeled with the 2nd offense. OK now back to cheering on our District Brothers in the playoffs. Maybe we could meet again like in 2010! Best wishes and hoping your community recovers quickly from last Friday!

YTBulldogs
11-01-2015, 10:38 AM
Congrats on winning district BOC.

Tejastrue
11-01-2015, 11:58 AM
Maybe it was because Navarro was a little rusty and took a butt chewing at half and came out with a great defense that we had seen all year and back to the bread and butter A set slot T you could not defend against? Maybe just maybe Navarro is the New Daddy of the District? And they methodically just ran out the last 5-6 minutes of the game then kneeled with the 2nd offense. OK now back to cheering on our District Brothers in the playoffs. Maybe we could meet again like in 2010! Best wishes and hoping your community recovers quickly from last Friday!

Just a direct shot at the coaching staff BOC. I think many in Wimberley are still going through Nelms/Smith withdrawals. lol Not quite ready to call you guys the new daddy..more like that irritating brother-in-law. :wave:

10ForTheWin
11-01-2015, 01:53 PM
Well heck..tale of 2 halves. Obviously we have a ways to go. When we are in a game at the half we don't seem to be able to make the adjustments necessary to compete for an entire ballgame. Of course Navarro had as much to do with that as anything but it's been that way all year. Okay. The game is over. I can be a Panther fan again. Damn you guys are good. Come on Navarro fans get on here and toot your horns a bit! Good luck the rest of the way. Thanks BOC..hopefully we will represent well. Now we get a break before the playoffs start. Congrats to all of Navarro on the big win!
Good luck in the playoffs! I don't think anyone would mind the two of us getting the chance to play again!

bag-o-chips
11-01-2015, 02:10 PM
Just a direct shot at the coaching staff BOC. I think many in Wimberley are still going through Nelms/Smith withdrawals. lol Not quite ready to call you guys the new daddy..more like that irritating brother-in-law. :wave:

I understand! Irritating Brother in Law! That is Classic!! ROTFLMAO!!

PurplePop
11-01-2015, 03:00 PM
BOC, you should know better. Although Wimberley posters aren't making excuses (to their credit), the tale of two halves has mostly to do with QB injuries for Wimberley. Wimberley is loaded with young talent all over the field, but they're on their 3rd QB for the season. They are very high on a soph. QB, who I have seen play and is very good. He got hurt before the season started. And, then QB no. 2 broke his collarbone a few weeks ago. If the soph. had been in there all year, I guarantee you they wouldn't be 3 and 7 right now. And, he should be back next year. As it is, Wimberley probably can't win state this year, but they can definitely make a lot of noise in the playoffs. And, next year...

http://wimberleyview.com/articles/2015/10/19/work-ethic-leadership-skills-key-masur’s-rapid-ascent-texans-starting-qb

bag-o-chips
11-01-2015, 03:07 PM
BOC, you should know better. Although Wimberley posters aren't making excuses (to their credit), the tale of two halves has mostly to do with QB injuries for Wimberley. Wimberley is loaded with young talent all over the field, but they're on their 3rd QB for the season. They are very high on a soph. QB, who I have seen play and is very good. He got hurt before the season started. And, then QB no. 2 broke his collarbone a few weeks ago. If the soph. had been in there all year, I guarantee you they wouldn't be 3 and 7 right now. And, he should be back next year. As it is, Wimberley probably can't win state this year, but they can definitely make a lot of noise in the playoffs.

http://wimberleyview.com/articles/2015/10/19/work-ethic-leadership-skills-key-masur’s-rapid-ascent-texans-starting-qb

I have been on here a longer time with my Wimberley posters than most. Injuries are part of the game. Would we have popped for 14 pts if we were at full strength? I know it is hard to read but the history I have had with them just leads to a little jabbing and sarcasm. Yes I am fully aware likely know more than you will ever know about the team but again it was all in fun and Tejas gets it!

PurplePop
11-01-2015, 03:14 PM
I have been on here a longer time with my Wimberley posters than most. Injuries are part of the game. Would we have popped for 14 pts if we were at full strength? I know it is hard to read but the history I have had with them just leads to a little jabbing and sarcasm. Yes I am fully aware likely know more than you will ever know about the team but again it was all in fun and Tejas gets it!
Whatever as to your history with Tejas. Can't be that long as we didn't start playing Wimberley until 2010. Some of us have been around the Panthers just as long. But all fun. I know.

Tejastrue
11-01-2015, 06:32 PM
BOC, you should know better. Although Wimberley posters aren't making excuses (to their credit), the tale of two halves has mostly to do with QB injuries for Wimberley. Wimberley is loaded with young talent all over the field, but they're on their 3rd QB for the season. They are very high on a soph. QB, who I have seen play and is very good. He got hurt before the season started. And, then QB no. 2 broke his collarbone a few weeks ago. If the soph. had been in there all year, I guarantee you they wouldn't be 3 and 7 right now. And, he should be back next year. As it is, Wimberley probably can't win state this year, but they can definitely make a lot of noise in the playoffs. And, next year...

Yes, the young QB you mentioned I have been touting for a couple of years now. Been a crazy season for our QBs. The kid in there now has done very well considering the circumstances. BOC has taken a lot of smack talk from us Wimberley folks in the past...he has every right to do a little chest thumping. We were soundly beaten in that second half. Not sure what to expect from our boys in the playoffs but it could get interesting if the ball bounces our way.

bag-o-chips
11-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Just having fun and paying a few bills from the past! Tejas I think you guys are righting the ship. I knew it would start out as a fight just like it did!

PurplePop
11-01-2015, 06:49 PM
As a parent with a kid on the team, I'm not too crazy about chest-thumping. But, it's all good. And, BOC does a great job for the Panthers.

bag-o-chips
11-01-2015, 07:07 PM
No I don't either and I never have liked chest thumping because it can haunt you later! Just tat I get along well with the Texan folks as I feel there is lots of mutual respect.

Tejastrue
11-01-2015, 07:10 PM
Yes indeed BOC..now can you change the title to that there video you just posted?? lol

bag-o-chips
11-01-2015, 07:16 PM
No Glasses and fingers that don't go where I want them! That is funny as I usually check things over! I think we will just leave it alone! LMAO

PurplePop
11-01-2015, 07:50 PM
On the topic of Navarrio, why do press outlets all think they have to calls us Geronimo Navarro instead of just Navarro? Geronimo is barely bigger than Luckenbach, and I'm sure we have less than 5 kids at the high school that reside within the "metroplex." It's sounds like we're an Indian reservation. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Tejastrue
11-01-2015, 08:23 PM
Well, it's all about how far you go..win it all, gain the respect/notoriety and you can dictate this sort of thing. Canyon Lake comes to mind..first they were Fischer CL (city) now it seems to be Comal (County) CL. Next they could be Central Texas CL

Tejastrue
11-01-2015, 08:24 PM
No Glasses and fingers that don't go where I want them! That is funny as I usually check things over! I think we will just leave it alone! LMAO

Shame on you BOC..

stardog
11-01-2015, 10:50 PM
On the topic of Navarrio, why do press outlets all think they have to calls us Geronimo Navarro instead of just Navarro? Geronimo is barely bigger than Luckenbach, and I'm sure we have less than 5 kids at the high school that reside within the "metroplex." It's sounds like we're an Indian reservation. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

How did Navarro High School get its name ?

WOS87
11-01-2015, 11:02 PM
How did Navarro High School get its name ?

It's named after José Antonio Navarro who owned a lot of the land there way back in the 1840's and was a signer of the Texas Declaration of Independence, the Constitution of the Republic of Texas, and the Constitution of the State of Texas. He also gave the name to the town of Corsicana in honor of his father who was born in Corsica. Interesting facts for the day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Antonio_Navarro

stardog
11-01-2015, 11:24 PM
Why is it in Geronimo since there is a Navarro Tx. (south of Corsicana) which is in Navarro County, and there is Navarro College in Corsicana ?

WOS87
11-01-2015, 11:28 PM
Why is it in Geronimo since there is a Navarro Tx. (south of Corsicana) which is in Navarro County, and there is Navarro College in Corsicana ?

Because he had a huge ranch there. That's where he lived. The Texas legislature named Navarro County after him right after Texas joined the USA as an honor and allowed him to choose the name of the county seat. He mostly lived near Geronimo and San Antonio though.

bag-o-chips
11-02-2015, 05:26 AM
Thanks for sharing the info WOS. Many still don't know who we are or where we are. We are actually in the north part of Seguin's city limits and basically head North up 123 to the county line just before San Marcos. We have many subdivisions popping up and another phase in the biggest one that will add 400 more homes. we also take in Hwy 46 to New Braunfels and have ritzy subdivisions on upper Lake Mc Queeney. We are sandwiched between Seguin, Comal, San Marcos and NBISD in a rapidly growing I 35 and I 10 corridohttp://i.imgur.com/wUiGA8i.gif

r

bag-o-chips
11-02-2015, 05:41 AM
http://seguingazette.com/sports/article_f633de24-80f2-11e5-90ba-d311ef0aac4e.html?referer_url=/sports/article_f633de24-80f2-11e5-90ba-d311ef0aac4e.html

rb585
11-03-2015, 02:59 PM
“We needed a game like this,” he said. “We needed a fast, physical team to show us our deficiencies like we’ll see in the playoffs."

Man, you could call us a lot of things, but there is no way that I would call us a fast team.

WOS1
11-03-2015, 03:39 PM
Just curious, but why is Navarro 8-0? Is that a mis-print? Shouldn't they be 9-0 or did they have a game canceled?

SaltySixes
11-03-2015, 03:41 PM
Just curious, but why is Navarro 8-0? Is that a mis-print? Shouldn't they be 9-0 or did they have a game canceled?

Week 2 against lulling was cancelled. They really are 8-0

10ForTheWin
11-03-2015, 04:51 PM
Man, you could call us a lot of things, but there is no way that I would call us a fast team.
#7 and #24 were pretty quick, the first touchdown y'all had, he out ran our safety who's a very fast kid. Also y'alls defense beat us to the edge a whole lot of times

PurplePop
11-03-2015, 04:59 PM
#7 and #24 were pretty quick, the first touchdown y'all had, he out ran our safety who's a very fast kid. Also y'alls defense beat us to the edge a whole lot of times

You beat me to it on #24. He sure looked fast to me.

Tejastrue
11-03-2015, 10:30 PM
#24 is a sophomore. I really like this kid.

10ForTheWin
11-03-2015, 10:45 PM
#24 is a sophomore. I really like this kid.
Very impressive! Good times ahead!