PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell at Giddings for the district championship

1st and goal
10-31-2015, 03:20 PM
Caldwell and Giddings are both having great years. Caldwell seems to always play up to their competition and especially against the Buffaloes. IIRC from listening to the Caldwell/LG game, they have a really good running back playmaker that gets the ball a lot.

I'm guessing that Caldwell still runs some version of the slot T. (Correct me if I'm wrong) But I think they throw the ball too. We used to have some spirited Caldwell posters here, but I'd bet they were parents of players because they have been long gone.

I'm bringing a big can of wasp spray to the game to help knock out the whole nest of them hornets. :)

This game will determine who plays who in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Who you got?

Pudlugger
10-31-2015, 03:32 PM
Actually they run out of the spread offense with a huge qb 6'5" at least who can really toss the football. The WRs are tall fast and have very good hands, making some athletic catches with good yardage after receptions. That little rb is hard to stop unless you hit him low. He has a low center of mass and a lot of leg strength to carry any tackler 4 yards if hit chest level.
This is going to be a great game. I may travel up 77 to see this one if I can. I'll go with Giddings by a td but would not put any money on the outcome as Caldwell can play ball.

1st and goal
10-31-2015, 03:38 PM
Actually they run out of the spread offense with a huge qb 6'5" at least who can really toss the football. The WRs are tall fast and have very good hands, making some athletic catches with good yardage after receptions. That little rb is hard to stop unless you hit him low. He has a low center of mass and a lot of leg strength to carry any tackler 4 yards if hit chest level.
This is going to be a great game. I may travel up 77 to see this one if I can. I'll go with Giddings by a td but would not put any money on the outcome as Caldwell can play ball.

Thanks for the correction. I wasn't able to make the Buffs/Smithville game, so I don't know if there are any injuries for Giddings.

gtownfan
11-02-2015, 07:09 AM
Does anyone know if their will be a webcast for this game?

1st and goal
11-02-2015, 07:55 AM
Does anyone know if their will be a webcast for this game?

Unless Caldwell has a webcast, I don't believe there will be one. I wish Giddings still had theirs.

buff4ever
11-02-2015, 09:34 AM
I suspect that the LG station may cover the game since LG is on a bye week.

Global Swarming
11-02-2015, 05:07 PM
Caldwell's games are carried on 107.3 KAPN.

Global Swarming
11-02-2015, 05:12 PM
I'm living in Washington state now so that my wife can be close to her family. I listen to the games on tune in radio.

1st and goal
11-02-2015, 05:33 PM
Caldwell's games are carried on 107.3 KAPN.

I listen to that station all the time, they play a wide variety of former hit songs.

Global Swarming
11-02-2015, 06:20 PM
Yeah I'm a classic rock guy, but do also enjoy some golden oldies.

Global Swarming
11-02-2015, 06:23 PM
Should be a real entertaining game for the district championship.

Eagle1
11-02-2015, 08:40 PM
Should be a real entertaining game for the district championship.

Have not kept up with this district, but I thought Lagrange was going to steam roll everyone what has happened?

WOS1
11-02-2015, 08:59 PM
If I were a betting man, I'd bet there will be some Blue and Silver at this game... :)

1st and goal
11-02-2015, 09:46 PM
If I were a betting man, I'd bet there will be some Blue and Silver at this game... :)

I will be sure to wear one of those huge sombreros and sit in front of them.

buff4ever
11-03-2015, 09:12 AM
This is what football is all about. I love it when two teams get to play the last game of district for the out right district championship.

I think the buffs when this game, but it will likely come down to the end.

1st and goal
11-03-2015, 01:58 PM
This is what football is all about. I love it when two teams get to play the last game of district for the out right district championship.

I think the buffs when this game, but it will likely come down to the end.

Buff, do you know if we are healthy?

They are talking about some more rain coming late Thursday. Not that it matters, we can't water our field like Caldwell can...:stirpot::1popcorn:

WOS1
11-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Anyone have any stats on Caldwell?

buff4ever
11-03-2015, 03:01 PM
I believe we had some 2nd team linemen starting last week, maybe that rest was all the others needed. Other than that, it is normal end of district stuff, guys got to play.

Global Swarming
11-03-2015, 03:53 PM
Caldwell is averaging 390 yards a game. 238 yards passing, 152 rushing, and averaging 43 points a game. The defense is giving up 32 points a game. 372 total yards, 143 yards passing, and 229 yards rushing.

1st and goal
11-03-2015, 06:12 PM
Maybe Cam can come inspect the paint on the buffalo???

griff
11-03-2015, 10:19 PM
Maybe Cam can come inspect the paint on the buffalo???

If I didn't have to work, I would make the trip to watch the game. WO-S fans are keeping an eye on this one.

WOS1
11-03-2015, 10:20 PM
Caldwell is averaging 390 yards a game. 238 yards passing, 152 rushing, and averaging 43 points a game. The defense is giving up 32 points a game. 372 total yards, 143 yards passing, and 229 yards rushing.
Thanks!

buff4ever
11-04-2015, 02:18 PM
Is it Friday yet?

Let's do this.

coach
11-04-2015, 04:07 PM
when was the last time Caldwell had a shot at a District Championship? Is Coach Goforth still there?

HEMOTOXIC
11-04-2015, 04:25 PM
when was the last time Caldwell had a shot at a District Championship? Is Coach Goforth still there?

Probably in 2007 or so when Navasota/Giddings/ and Caldwell shared a district.

GUNHO
11-04-2015, 04:39 PM
If I didn't have to work, I would make the trip to watch the game. WO-S fans are keeping an eye on this one.

Giddings needs to win and stay in the bottom bracket.We have our hands full as it is.We have an easy round one game but after that there are some salty teams waiting so you Buffs need to take care of business.lol

Global Swarming
11-04-2015, 05:05 PM
Yes Bobby Jack is still there. He's really turning the program around. This team has really improved since the first of the year. People shouldn't sell this team short. They have a legitimate chance to beat Giddings although no one is really giving them much of a chance. I'm not saying that they're going to go into Giddings and beat them but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. He's a hometown guy and that's something they've been needing here to get this program back on track.

WOS1
11-04-2015, 06:02 PM
Giddings needs to win and stay in the bottom bracket.We have our hands full as it is.We have an easy round one game but after that there are some salty teams waiting so you Buffs need to take care of business.lol

Gun, I'm not convinced the Buffs are the better of the two options... Friday will tell us a bunch.

WOS87
11-04-2015, 06:03 PM
Gun, I'm not convinced the Buffs are the better of the two options... Friday will tell us a bunch.

We need to be worrying about Scarborough right now. :smoker:

PurplePop
11-04-2015, 06:34 PM
This is the "we never take anyone lightly" comment of all time. It cracked me up because I remember one team especially standing out on the "easiest schedules" list that someone posted a week or two ago -- Scarborough. They were 1-8 and had the sixth easiest schedule in 4A-DII. That's quite an accomplishment.

WOS1
11-04-2015, 08:49 PM
While normally I would agree with you.... Nah, this is one time we can discuss potential scenarios.;)

buff4ever
11-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Wos87 found some of that medical pot I think.

GUNHO
11-04-2015, 09:11 PM

I hear ya.Hoping we get to play them all...that means we made it to the quarterfinal.lol I have nothing but respect for these teams.

1st and goal
11-05-2015, 09:18 AM
Yes Bobby Jack is still there. He's really turning the program around. This team has really improved since the first of the year. People shouldn't sell this team short. They have a legitimate chance to beat Giddings although no one is really giving them much of a chance. I'm not saying that they're going to go into Giddings and beat them but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. He's a hometown guy and that's something they've been needing here to get this program back on track.

Trust me, I view this game as 2 equals strapping their chin straps tight and getting after it. turnovers will probably decide the winner.

Rain and weather may play a factor if it is raining during the game.

Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

Global Swarming
11-05-2015, 12:43 PM
I think that it will be very competitive, and with the history of these two teams, it should be very spirited.

buff4ever
11-06-2015, 09:40 AM
Irrelevant on many levels, but awesome for our kids. The jv finished a 10 - 0 season last night by shutting out caldwell. They didn't give up a point in district play. That is impressive, I don't care who you are.

WOS1
11-06-2015, 06:57 PM
How's the weather over there?

1st and goal
11-06-2015, 07:46 PM
How's the weather over there?

Weather looks to be holding out. Very nice outside.

buff4ever
11-07-2015, 01:13 AM
10 and 0 for the buffs

Global Swarming
11-07-2015, 01:49 AM
Congratulations Giddings, you've earned it. We gave you a dog fight to the very end. It's a shame that we lost this game but that's the way it goes. Hopefully we can take of business next week against Columbus.

Pudlugger
11-07-2015, 08:55 AM

Congratulations to Giddings for a big win and kudos to the Hornets for taking the Buffs all the way to the end in a close game. This game went like i thought it would two very good teams that matched up well against one another. D11 will represent themselves well in the coming weeks of the playoffs.

1st and goal
11-07-2015, 10:15 AM
This was one of the best games I've watched in a long time. Caldwell has some tremendous talent and will fare well in the playoffs.

The Buffs lost their QB to what looked like an ankle injury in the 1st half. They used their wealth of talent for a mostly running game to hold on in the 2nd half. Speed and power running.

Timing on the deep pass was just an inch away from being a different score either way. Caldwell missed some and so did Giddings.

Congrats to both teams, and hope for success in the playoffs.

Pudlugger
11-07-2015, 11:35 AM
Will Jones be back for the playoffs? He's a blue chip player so it would be a huge loss for Giddings if he is out for the rest of the season. Hopefully he will be back by game two of the playoffs when the opponents become more competitive.