PDA

View Full Version : La Grange vs Wharton Round One

Pudlugger
10-31-2015, 07:00 AM
Wharton has pretty much clinched a 2nd place berth in D12 barring a huge upset by Sweeny to throw things into a three way tie going to points. I expect Wharton to win next week and face La Grange in round one so here we go with the first playoff thread. The Leps have had a rough time in the second half of their season going 3-3 for a 7-3 record overall. The 37-35 loss to Caldwell with the blown play and interception(defense was clearly offsides and several Leps just stood up thinking the flag was thrown but no flag and with our receiver stopping play the resulting interception ended the game) was very disappointing to LG folks. Now we face an efficient and physical Tiger team right off the bat.
The Lep pass defense has been a problem which, after opposing coaches studied the Fredericksburg films, accounts for our three losses. Going to a three down man defense was unsuccessful against Caldwell and Giddings as no pressure was put on the qbs and they were very accurate making the key plays on third down conversions with short passes out in the flats. The last two games the Lep defenders seem to be more aggressive and better equipped to defend this so hopefully going into this game we will get some stops needed to give our offense the opportunity to get the win.
Both teams have very similar records against strong schedules with Wharton's signature wins against Cuero and Sealy in pre-district and a 49-21 win over our common opponent Columbus. The Leps match that with wins over Columbus(46-17) Liberty Hill and La Vernia in pre-season play.
Can La Grange step up on defense to hold the Tigers to under 30? If so I believe they can win this game as the offense will get their points with JK Dobbins and supporting cast firing on all cylinders. This team is too good to go one and done imo and will advance to the next round to get a shot at WOS. LG35-Wharton 27.

OLE'BULL
10-31-2015, 07:32 AM
I'm taking Wharton in this one. They have some serious athletes and LG has been fairly non impressive to date. Anything can happen in the Texas high school playoffs though, good luck to both teams!

lostaussie
10-31-2015, 07:49 AM
The 37-35 loss to Caldwell with the blown play and interception(defense was clearly offsides and several Leps just stood up thinking the flag was thrown but no flag and with our receiver stopping play the resulting interception ended the game) was very disappointing to LG folks. I quit reading after this. That really diminishes the accomplishment of Caldwell to win. You could have said everything you wanted to say and left this out. Oh well. Good luck to LaGrange against Wharton.

WOS1
10-31-2015, 08:19 AM
I quit reading after this. That really diminishes the accomplishment of Caldwell to win. You could have said everything you wanted to say and left this out. Oh well. Good luck to LaGrange against Wharton.

My thoughts EXACTLY!

Leopardfan201
10-31-2015, 08:21 AM
This is a good game...but i expect LG too come out with a win...jk dobbins and the rest of the Leps..r too good too be one and done..give me LG by 10

Leopardfan201
10-31-2015, 08:25 AM
I quit reading after this. That really diminishes the accomplishment of Caldwell to win. You could have said everything you wanted to say and left this out. Oh well. Good luck to LaGrange against Wharton.

I agree that last play was offsides by caldwell...it wasent called caldwell won the game...but that caldwell squad is dam good they should give giddings a run for thr money this week

Pudlugger
10-31-2015, 08:25 AM

Fine quit reading if it pleases you. If you saw the films you would understand our frustration. It is too bad when refs decide the outcome of a game in the final seconds(see Bellville-Columbus). Hopefully in the playoffs things will be different.

Pudlugger
10-31-2015, 08:27 AM
I agree that last play was offsides by caldwell...it wasent called caldwell won the game...but that caldwell squad is dam good they should give giddings a run for thr money this week

Right Caldwell deserves the win because they earned it with that last minute FG in a clutch situation but that ending was very unsatisfying imo.

Leopardfan201
10-31-2015, 08:34 AM
That caldwell and LG game could of went ether way...that giddings and LG was close too the middle of the 4th

lostaussie
10-31-2015, 08:38 AM
Fine quit reading if it pleases you. If you saw the films you would understand our frustration. It is too bad when refs decide the outcome of a game in the final seconds(see Bellville-Columbus). Hopefully in the playoffs things will be different.

You named the thread LaGrange vs Wharton..........not "How we got screwed against Caldwell 2 weeks ago" lmao

Pudlugger
10-31-2015, 08:42 AM
That caldwell and LG game could of went ether way...that giddings and LG was close too the middle of the 4th

Very true LG had their chance on 4th and 3 in the red zone with 4 minutes left 31-20 but failed to convert on a Dobbins pass over center to the right flag. I wish he would have just tucked and run for the 1st down. This team is young and they are learning but they have loads of talent and now that they are in the playoffs they have a chance for a fresh start. They have faced some very good teams this season and Wharton is just another one of them. I know the Leps believe they can win and will not be intimidated one bit.

Pudlugger
10-31-2015, 08:43 AM
You named the thread LaGrange vs Wharton..........not "How we got screwed against Caldwell 2 weeks ago" lmao

Fine you probably look weird without an ass though. :D

OLE'BULL
10-31-2015, 09:04 AM

Pud, are referencing the Bellville game last night where a Columbus player was taunting, trash talking, whatever you want to call it so they called a personal foul penalty? Should they ignore the rules in the final seconds of a game so they are sure they don't affect the outcome? Hmmm...

Leopardfan201
10-31-2015, 09:10 AM
Those games r over.. Bellville won last night..caldwell beat us 2 weeks ago...now all we need to know is whr LG and Wharton will play at..

Pudlugger
10-31-2015, 09:30 AM
Pud, are referencing the Bellville game last night where a Columbus player was taunting, trash talking, whatever you want to call it so they called a personal foul penalty? Should they ignore the rules in the final seconds of a game so they are sure they don't affect the outcome? Hmmm...

No they should not ignore the rules but in the case such as this, a rivalry game there surely was more than one side to the taunting etc and cases where they call it at the end to rescue a failed drive and putting the team in FG range with seconds left has to be hard to take for the Cardinals after playing such a great game up to the last seconds . I don't condone unsportsmanlike behavior, don't get me wrong. It just taints the outcome imo. If Bellville played cleanly and did not participate in any extra-curricular activities on the field the entire game then they deserve the win. I have seen refs give warnings or flag both sides in some cases if both teams were involved or if the offense was not flagrant or egregious. In big rivalry games it is not unusual for both teams to engage in taunting. In this case it sounds like the kid had a chip on his shoulder. I'm sure Coach V will have a talk with him and he'll run a couple hundred laps this week LOL.

Pudlugger
10-31-2015, 09:32 AM
Those games r over.. Bellville won last night..caldwell beat us 2 weeks ago...now all we need to know is whr LG and Wharton will play at..

Right they are history. I would expect maybe Victoria or Sealy for game sites. Any other ideas?

Leopardfan201
10-31-2015, 09:40 AM
How about waller isd stadium..i remember when we played sweeny in 2009..it was in waller

OLE'BULL
10-31-2015, 10:01 AM
No they should not ignore the rules but in the case such as this, a rivalry game there surely was more than one side to the taunting etc and cases where they call it at the end to rescue a failed drive and putting the team in FG range with seconds left has to be hard to take for the Cardinals after playing such a great game up to the last seconds . I don't condone unsportsmanlike behavior, don't get me wrong. It just taints the outcome imo. If Bellville played cleanly and did not participate in any extra-curricular activities on the field the entire game then they deserve the win. I have seen refs give warnings or flag both sides in some cases if both teams were involved or if the offense was not flagrant or egregious. In big rivalry games it is not unusual for both teams to engage in taunting. In this case it sounds like the kid had a chip on his shoulder. I'm sure Coach V will have a talk with him and he'll run a couple hundred laps this week LOL.

Bellville and Coach Rowe don't tolerate nonsense so I honestly wouldnt be surprised if Bellville played clean the whole game. That is not uncommon for us and I am so proud of the staff and players for stressing this. That is something I keep a close eye on each game (if I am there). Knowing this kid, I also wouldn't be surprised if he was warned at least once. Honestly that is one time too many so if the refs don't want to give warnings I am all for it!

Pudlugger
10-31-2015, 10:03 AM
How about waller isd stadium..i remember when we played sweeny in 2009..it was in waller

Yes i was at that game it is a beautiful venue for playoff games. That would be a good choice for sure. hope we win the coin toss to decide venue.

Leopardfan201
10-31-2015, 10:06 AM
Yes i was at that game it is a beautiful venue for playoff games. That would be a good choice for sure. hope we win the coin toss to decide venue.

Wharton is 61 miles from waller and LG is 69 so not much difference..but that is a awesome stadium

zebrablue2
10-31-2015, 10:29 AM

Un-sportsman like is more like the foul, and yes, if he does it in front of the world, it will be called all day long, NO matter what the score or timing of it is.

WOS1
10-31-2015, 10:52 AM

Bull, he's not going to come out and say "Yea, that was the right call", because in his mind, if he does that he will be admitting to what most everyone else on this board understands, and it's the plain fact that LG just ain't as good as he wishes they were... And all of this, "we're to good to be one and done"? Well, grab your pop corn cause Wharton won't be an easy out for them, especially with their admitted problems defending the pass. There, I said it.

Leopardfan201
10-31-2015, 11:01 AM
This is going to be a good game...wharton is dam good..so we will see..we all know dobbins will get his 200+ yards..can the defense defend the pass..we will see..but dobbins needs help he cant do this by himself

Leopardfan201
10-31-2015, 11:10 AM
Bull, he's not going to come out and say "Yea, that was the right call", because in his mind, if he does that he will be admitting to what most everyone else on this board understands, and it's the plain fact that LG just ain't as good as he wishes they were... And all of this, "we're to good to be one and done"? Well, grab your pop corn cause Wharton won't be an easy out for them, especially with their admitted problems defending the pass. There, I said it.

Who would ya rather see in rd 2..wharton or LG

chaingang
10-31-2015, 11:11 AM

Doesnt matter........

Pudlugger
10-31-2015, 11:25 AM

What does the Cardinal unsportsmanlike penalty have to do with how good the Leps are WOS1? Seems you just want to bash the Leps and me for pointing out what's obvious, that a late dead ball penalty gave the game to Bellville. Time enough to tell how good the Leps are as Nov 13 is almost two weeks away. The Leps will be healthy and ready for whatever the Tigers throw at them. They will not be surprised by the Tigers passing game.

Coach has made some positive changes namely #15 Siptak (our Qb) and #22 Dobbins playing in the defensive secondary. With #15 Siptak, #18 Ward and #24 Haardt sharing the load in the running game Dobbins is playing more defense now and #6 Janda is getting more time over center so we have depth and are employing it more effectively now. No one thinks Wharton will be an easy out. To the contrary we will be tested and I have said as much in my first post. This will be a very close game. I think the Leps will win but that's just one man's opinion. You are entitled to yours as well. Cheers!

Leopardfan201
10-31-2015, 11:45 AM
What a game this will be..defense will have to come and play...bcs we all know that wharton has speed..but we seen that all year..we know that wharton wont stop jk dobbins..no team has..its up too the rest of the Leps too get thr win...kind of sucks bcs i went too both of these schools

WOS1
10-31-2015, 12:15 PM

LG, Wharton has far more speed (Except for Dobbins) and is much more dynamic.

And if LG can't defend the pass like you guys say, our game will be over by halftime if not sooner.

WOS1
10-31-2015, 12:20 PM
What does the Cardinal unsportsmanlike penalty have to do with how good the Leps are WOS1? Seems you just want to bash the Leps and me for pointing out what's obvious, that a late dead ball penalty gave the game to Bellville. Time enough to tell how good the Leps are as Nov 13 is almost two weeks away. The Leps will be healthy and ready for whatever the Tigers throw at them. They will not be surprised by the Tigers passing game.

Coach has made some positive changes namely #15 Siptak (our Qb) and #22 Dobbins playing in the defensive secondary. With #15 Siptak, #18 Ward and #24 Haardt sharing the load in the running game Dobbins is playing more defense now and #6 Janda is getting more time over center so we have depth and are employing it more effectively now. No one thinks Wharton will be an easy out. To the contrary we will be tested and I have said as much in my first post. This will be a very close game. I think the Leps will win but that's just one man's opinion. You are entitled to yours as well. Cheers!

I didn't read all of that long winded reply. I'm just responding to the first question.

It's because you are making excuses to blame refs for having an impact on games to try and justify an LG loss when the real truth is that LG just wasn't as good as Caldwell.

Leopardfan201
10-31-2015, 12:35 PM
LG, Wharton has far more speed (Except for Dobbins) and is much more dynamic.

And if LG can't defend the pass like you guys say, our game will be over by halftime if not sooner.

I doubt it about being over by halftime..wharton has more speed but LG has the best player on the field..dobbins will get his 3 to 4 scores..can the defense make enough stops..we will see

WOS1
10-31-2015, 12:51 PM
I doubt it about being over by halftime..wharton has more speed but LG has the best player on the field..dobbins will get his 3 to 4 scores..can the defense make enough stops..we will see
Well, I wish you guys luck. I would look forward to seeing the Leps again.

Leopardfan201
10-31-2015, 01:01 PM

We look forward too seeing WOS for the next 2 years

Pudlugger
10-31-2015, 01:08 PM

I must agree with you on this WOS1. Getting past Wharton will be huge but a Mulligan with the Mustangs just adds to the motivation.

Scoop27
10-31-2015, 01:10 PM
Tigers had some injuries coming into their bye week according to Tim Finn on his coaches radio show but missed the players names. He said they would be ready for the Sweeny game. The Tigers have a lot of speed and quickness but their weaknesses have been penalties and turnovers throughout the season. They gave Stafford a pretty good game and played Bellville tough for three quarters

WOS1
10-31-2015, 01:17 PM
We look forward too seeing WOS for the next 2 years
Yes sir, we'll lose 2 on defense and 3 on offense.

Leopardfan201
10-31-2015, 01:29 PM
Yes sir, we'll lose 2 on defense and 3 on offense.

I think we lose like 2 on offense and 3 on defense i believe

Leopardfan201
10-31-2015, 01:34 PM
Tigers had some injuries coming into their bye week according to Tim Finn on his coaches radio show but missed the players names. He said they would be ready for the Sweeny game. The Tigers have a lot of speed and quickness but their weaknesses have been penalties and turnovers throughout the season. They gave Stafford a pretty good game and played Bellville tough for three quarters

LG has played with giddings for 3 and a half quarters..and. Caldwell too the final seconds..and Fredericksburg was a early non district lost..healthy coming into this game

WOS1
10-31-2015, 02:22 PM
I think we lose like 2 on offense and 3 on defense i believe
Be real interesting next yr. wondering if LG stays in region 3 after alignment.

Pudlugger
10-31-2015, 03:27 PM
Be real interesting next yr. wondering if LG stays in region 3 after alignment.

The pattern over the last 20 years has been to alternate from R3 to R4 along with other teams like Bellville, Columbus, Smithville and Giddings. If we go to R4 we would have to make it to the semis to possibly meet WOS. We will be dynamite next year with all the talent returning and a big jv bunch coming up. 4 out of 5 O lineman, qb and all starting rbs will be back along with both wr. We only lose our center and TE on offense. On D we lose two safeties, mlb and noseguard. However with Dobbins and Siptak going both ways we will reload the safeties so we only really lose a couple.

lostaussie
10-31-2015, 06:15 PM

Sometimes the truth hurts. Not saying they gonna lose, but LaGrange based their season on an awesome running back. Can't win a championship like that. JMHO

WOS1
10-31-2015, 08:12 PM
Sometimes the truth hurts. Not saying they gonna lose, but LaGrange based their season on an awesome running back. Can't win a championship like that. JMHO
Agreed.

Pudlugger
11-01-2015, 05:56 AM
Nothing wrong with believing in your team unless of course you're not from Gilmer or WOS then you're not being realistic it seems.

LionFan72
11-01-2015, 08:47 AM
My opinion is, don't let officiating be a factor in a game! Have your team prepared and score as much and as fast as you can, take the flag off the field, put the score on the board! That also eliminates mouthing from the kids, getting your ass handed to you proves who the boss is, and the best team wins. Grousing over officiating means your team is lacking in some aspect on the team. Just don't blame the officials for your team being unprepared, and in a close game, playing clean is important as scoring TDs. Just saying!!

Pudlugger
11-01-2015, 09:45 AM
My opinion is, don't let officiating be a factor in a game! Have your team prepared and score as much and as fast as you can, take the flag off the field, put the score on the board! That also eliminates mouthing from the kids, getting your ass handed to you proves who the boss is, and the best team wins. Grousing over officiating means your team is lacking in some aspect on the team. Just don't blame the officials for your team being unprepared, and in a close game, playing clean is important as scoring TDs. Just saying!!

In other words, play hard, clean and fair and beat the snot out of your opponent and the officiating will not matter. Close games are a cat of a different strip though. The two games discussed here and on another thread were decided in the last few seconds by 2 points. I guess the take home lesson is don't let the score get too close so the margin of error is not significant. I get that.

GUNHO
11-01-2015, 10:06 AM
In other words, play hard, clean and fair and beat the snot out of your opponent and the officiating will not matter. Close games are a cat of a different strip though. The two games discussed here and on another thread were decided in the last few seconds by 2 points. I guess the take home lesson is don't let the score get too close so the margin of error is not significant. I get that.

What a remedy for bad officiating.How come I didn't think of that.

LionFan72
11-01-2015, 10:10 AM

Nailed it there, Pud!!!!

WOS1
11-01-2015, 03:21 PM

Yup. And when you do lose that game, don't discredit the efforts of the team who fought hard and won by blaming it on the refs. Give credit where its due and leave the ref remarks out of it.

WOS1
11-01-2015, 03:24 PM
Nothing wrong with believing in your team unless of course you're not from Gilmer or WOS then you're not being realistic it seems.

You can believe in your team and still be objective.

Pudlugger
11-07-2015, 09:47 AM
Week 11 went as expected and La Grange meets Wharton next Friday. The Leps had a week off and Wharton polished off Sweeny. Wharton matches up pretty well against La Grange with their spread offense. LG has faced this offense every week since week 5 in Fredericksburg and has steadily improved making some key personnel changes and defensive set adjustments so they will be prepared for what certainly will be a passing attack by the Tigers. I believe the Leps will win this game even though they are the underdogs.

We should know soon about the venue. Playoffs are finally here thankfully. Bye weeks are always tough for the faithful fans but it is important to give a team some time to rest and heal up in preparation for the playoffs or big district games. Time to put it all out on the field LG. One and done is just not the way we roll.

Scoop27
11-07-2015, 10:30 AM
I heard Waller thrown out as being a site to be played at. Brenham would make sense as well

Pudlugger
11-07-2015, 10:44 AM
Both would be great. Cub Stadium is beautiful. We played there a couple of years ago against Columbus iirc. We played Silsbee in Waller too in 2009 and that is a terrific venue. Victoria Memorial and Sealy would be a step down when compared to either of these. We'll see soon.

hookandladder
11-07-2015, 12:00 PM
Victoria - Friday @ 7pm

cards4me
11-07-2015, 12:01 PM
Both would be great. Cub Stadium is beautiful. We played there a couple of years ago against Columbus iirc. We played Silsbee in Waller too in 2009 and that is a terrific venue. Victoria Memorial and Sealy would be a step down when compared to either of these. We'll see soon.

The game will be in Victoria on Friday

Scoop27
11-07-2015, 12:35 PM
There was a story in the Victoria Advocate a few months ago that Memorial Stadium was in poor shape with small dressing rooms and other negative things.

Pudlugger
11-07-2015, 01:08 PM
There was a story in the Victoria Advocate a few months ago that Memorial Stadium was in poor shape with small dressing rooms and other negative things.

We've played there twice in my recollection. Once in 2000 when we beat Yoakum in the Bi-District playoffs and went on to win state in 3A DII and again in 2012 in Bi-district losing to #A DI finalist El Campo. It is an OK venue just not modern and shiny like Waller or Cub stadiums. LG will play the same hard fought game no matter the venue.

Pudlugger
11-07-2015, 01:09 PM
Victoria - Friday @ 7pm

Who won the toss? Home team is?

Pudlugger
11-07-2015, 10:04 PM
You can believe in your team and still be objective.

I am being objective WOS1 and I still believe in my team. We have gone into the playoffs before 7-3 and went all the way to State in 2001. The playoffs are a new season. All the mistakes, bad plays and penalties add up to zero beginning 11/13 at 7PM when LG plays Wharton. Sure we lost 2 games we were favored to win and got beat by one of the best Giddings teams in recent years. Fact is Fredericksburg was playing lights out football in week 5 and if their quarterback hadn't been lost for the season in their last 4 games they would have probably finished in the top tier of their district. Caldwell and Giddings played almost even last night and both are high quality teams. I give them credit for their wins but that is now history. The fact that we have a blue chip layer in JK Dobbins has been the subject of many "one trick pony" comments on the board which is an insult to the many quality players that have been busting their butts since two a days to make this team a winner. The Leps are a young team. Most of our starters are underclassmen, freshman sophomores and juniors. They have gotten better each week as they gain experience. Wharton is another quality team also 7-3 and this will be a big hurdle for the Leps to advance. I believe they will have a great game Friday and will advance. But win or lose, they are a class act and will only get better next year.

Leopardfan201
11-07-2015, 10:56 PM
Yes LG is young..but to good of a team too lose in round 1.. LG by 10

WOS87
11-07-2015, 11:39 PM
Any word on where the WOS game will be against the winner? Surely they're in talks already. I could make that one since I live in the smack dab center of Houston.

Leopardfan201
11-07-2015, 11:55 PM
Hopefully in conroe.. Just 20 minutes from my house

speedbump
11-08-2015, 12:31 AM
Any word on where the WOS game will be against the winner? Surely they're in talks already. I could make that one since I live in the smack dab center of Houston.

Stallworth seems to be a good bet.

speedbump
11-08-2015, 01:04 AM
Yes LG is young..but to good of a team too lose in round 1.. LG by 10

The only team that's to good to lose in the first round is the eventual state champions. That's probably not LG this year.

Pudlugger
11-08-2015, 06:07 AM
The only team that's to good to lose in the first round is the eventual state champions. That's probably not LG this year.

True only if the eventual SC is in your bracket :D. Unfortunately WOS may be that team :(

zebrablue2
11-08-2015, 10:27 AM
I am being objective WOS1 and I still believe in my team. We have gone into the playoffs before 7-3 and went all the way to State in 2001. The playoffs are a new season. All the mistakes, bad plays and penalties add up to zero beginning 11/13 at 7PM when LG plays Wharton. Sure we lost 2 games we were favored to win and got beat by one of the best Giddings teams in recent years. Fact is Fredericksburg was playing lights out football in week 5 and if their quarterback hadn't been lost for the season in their last 4 games they would have probably finished in the top tier of their district. Caldwell and Giddings played almost even last night and both are high quality teams. I give them credit for their wins but that is now history. The fact that we have a blue chip layer in JK Dobbins has been the subject of many "one trick pony" comments on the board which is an insult to the many quality players that have been busting their butts since two a days to make this team a winner. The Leps are a young team. Most of our starters are underclassmen, freshman sophomores and juniors. They have gotten better each week as they gain experience. Wharton is another quality team also 7-3 and this will be a big hurdle for the Leps to advance. I believe they will have a great game Friday and will advance. But win or lose, they are a class act and will only get better next year.

Dobbins gains 10 yds per carry, 2,453 yards on 244 carries, OL must be doing something right. I will take the Leps in a nail biter!!!

speedbump
11-08-2015, 10:45 AM
Dobbins gains 10 yds per carry, 2,453 yards on 244 carries, OL must be doing something right. I will take the Leps in a nail biter!!!

They stay out of his way.

Pudlugger
11-12-2015, 05:18 PM
Victoria - Friday @ 7pm

The game is at 7:30 not 7PM.

Leopardfan201
11-13-2015, 07:06 AM
Gameday Leps..lets go get this win

Pudlugger
11-13-2015, 08:46 AM
Gameday Leps..lets go get this win

This is it Leps. Time for some Leopard Defense. Prove the doubters wrong tonight.

hookandladder
11-13-2015, 02:16 PM
The game is at 7:30 not 7PM.

Yea that was second hand info but close enough at that time , location was the real question.

Pudlugger
11-13-2015, 05:12 PM
Last time we played in Memorial was 2012 when we lost in the first round to State Finalist El Campo. Tonight we have a chance to make up for that with a win over Wharton. The Tigers signature win is a 22-21 game against 6-5 Sealy. In addition to that they have played 10-0 Stafford close losing by a td. LG has two signature wins over Liberty Hill and La Vernia. They played Caldwell close to lose by 2 and squeeked by a solid Yoakum team by 1 in OT. Wharton's 7-3 averaging 37 points on offense and giving up an average of 20 on defense while LG is also 7-3 with an average of 36 0n offense and 23 on defense.This match up is pretty darn even statistically and will come down to the basics. That is penalties and turnovers. Good luck to the Leps and may we have an injury free and cleanly played game. Go Leps!

bd62
11-13-2015, 06:49 PM
Last time we played in Memorial was 2012 when we lost in the first round to State Finalist El Campo. Tonight we have a chance to make up for that with a win over Wharton. The Tigers signature win is a 22-21 game against 6-5 Sealy. In addition to that they have played 10-0 Stafford close losing by a td. LG has two signature wins over Liberty Hill and La Vernia. They played Caldwell close to lose by 2 and squeeked by a solid Yoakum team by 1 in OT. Wharton's 7-3 averaging 37 points on offense and giving up an average of 20 on defense while LG is also 7-3 with an average of 36 0n offense and 23 on defense.This match up is pretty darn even statistically and will come down to the basics. That is penalties and turnovers. Good luck to the Leps and may we have an injury free and cleanly played game. Go Leps!
Good luck Leps. Should be a good but thank LG will pull it out late . Dobbins is amazing and if LG has shored up there secondary they be ok but it want be easy. Best first round matchup in 4AD2. A very good team is going out tonite. They need to fix that next relignment and move some more good teams to R-4.. R-3 is loaded the past 2 yrs.

Pudlugger
11-14-2015, 12:51 AM
Tough loss for the Leps after a real nailbitter. The lead changed multiple times and it came down to the Tiger defense stopping the Leps on their final possession. We had our chances for sure but congratulations to the Tigers on a very well played game. They have some fine athletes and probably will match up better against WOS next week. Good luck to Wharton Tigers and thanks to our Leps for a very exciting and fun season. Now we can look forward to next year with so many fine players returning.

WOS87
11-14-2015, 12:55 AM
Sorry to see you guys bow out so early. You will definitely be a force to be reckoned with next year. Hold your heads up.