10-29-2015, 07:08 PM
Argyle 7
Pinkston 0 9:51 1Q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d0tc0m
10-29-2015, 07:19 PM
Celina 14
Aubrey 0

About 4 min left in the first. Bobcats scored with ease on first two drives. Chaps have very slow, methodical offense, but they've picked up just one first down so far.

Eagle Nation
10-29-2015, 07:22 PM
Argyle 14
Pinkston 0 5:13 1Q

Argyle has fumbled on Pinkston 5 also.

Eagle Nation
10-29-2015, 07:23 PM
Pick 6
Argyle 21
Pinkston 0 4:55 1Q

d0tc0m
10-29-2015, 07:29 PM
Celina 21
Aubrey 0

Near the end of the first. Bobcats score on all three first-quarter possessions - doing whatever they want, offensively. Just recovered an onside kick, too. Chaps in negative yards so far.

d0tc0m
10-29-2015, 07:32 PM
Celina 28
Aubrey 0

Still late first quarter.

Deep TD pass two plays after the recovered onside kick.

d0tc0m
10-29-2015, 07:40 PM
Celina 35
Aubrey 0

Early 2nd

Bobcats hold Chaps to 3-and-out to open the 2nd, then score on one play on a deep pass. Chaps making the mistake of playing man on Celina's receivers.

slingshot
10-29-2015, 07:42 PM
Celina 28
Aubrey 0

Still late first quarter.

Deep TD pass two plays after the recovered onside kick.Looks like Celina and Argyle should play each other, Oh Wait.... ;)

Eagle Nation
10-29-2015, 07:42 PM
35-0 Argyle 11:49 2Q
About 150 yards so far for Argyle

Eagle Nation
10-29-2015, 07:43 PM
Looks like Celina and Argyle should play each other, Oh Wait.... ;)

It would a lot less of a drive for me.

regaleagle
10-29-2015, 07:45 PM
Looks like Celina and Argyle should play each other, Oh Wait.... ;)

But I'm pretty sure Aubrey would beat up on Dallas Pinkston, LOL!

Eagle Nation
10-29-2015, 07:48 PM
Regal, I would say the Argyle band could beat Pinkston.

Eagle Nation
10-29-2015, 07:50 PM
Argyle 42 -0 8:22 2Q
5 yard drive that time.

91 lion
10-29-2015, 07:56 PM
Argyle 42 -0 8:22 2Q
5 yard drive that time.

If the Eagles and Bobcats leave their respective games right now, I bet they could meet in the middle somewhere and actually have a decent 2nd half against each other since these two games were virtuallyover before they even started!

d0tc0m
10-29-2015, 07:58 PM
Celina 42
Aubrey 13

1:55 left in the half. Bobcats QB had a pass slip out of his hand and picked off, returned inside the 10-yard line. Celina just had a defensive lapse following their last TD, and Aubrey scores on a long TD run. Bobcats defensive staff will be pissed about that one.

lostaussie
10-29-2015, 08:03 PM
Gilmer 27-0 Community 0 somewhere around 4 mins left in 2nd

d0tc0m
10-29-2015, 08:03 PM
Celina 49
Aubrey 13

Minute left in the half. Poor Chaps have no prayer of stopping Celina's offense.

Eagle Nation
10-29-2015, 08:04 PM
Pinkston punter fumbled. Argyle recovered for td.
Argyle 49-0
Less than 160 yards of offense. The defense is going all of the work tonight.

regaleagle
10-29-2015, 08:07 PM
Don't sound like much work to me, haha.

Eagle Nation
10-29-2015, 08:09 PM
Only because they are on the field more.

Argyle 56-0 1:27 1Q

regaleagle
10-29-2015, 08:11 PM
They've now scored 4 TD's in each quarter so far.

lostaussie
10-29-2015, 08:30 PM
Halftime Gilmer 41-0

regaleagle
10-29-2015, 08:45 PM
Dallas Carter 13
Carrollton Ranchview 6

3rd qtr.

regaleagle
10-29-2015, 08:46 PM
Sanger 24
Wilmer Hutchins 7

Half

Eagle Nation
10-29-2015, 08:53 PM
Argyle 63-0 1:50 left the 3rd
6 min quarter

Eagle Nation
10-29-2015, 09:03 PM
70-0 Argyle

regaleagle
10-29-2015, 09:05 PM
Looks like Argyle covered the spread with shortened quarters and backups. The spread was 61 pts. intended for full halfs.

Pudlugger
10-29-2015, 09:08 PM
La Grange 35
Salado 0
Final

Eagle Nation
10-29-2015, 09:10 PM
I think they meant that an over of under for total yards for Pinkston

d0tc0m
10-29-2015, 09:19 PM
Celina 63
Aubrey 19
FINAL

Bobcats wrap up the top spot in District 3. On the road at Krum next week to - hopefully - polish off an undefeated regular season.

regaleagle
10-29-2015, 10:02 PM
Pittsburg 49
Princeton 39

Final

regaleagle
10-29-2015, 10:04 PM
Liberty Eylau 47
Paris N. Lamar 29

Final

regaleagle
10-29-2015, 10:07 PM
Sanger beat Wilmer Hutchins handily, but I don't know the final score. They have a good team and are now 9-0 and face Argyle for the district title next week in Argyle.

regaleagle
10-29-2015, 10:09 PM
TCU 40
W.Va.10

16th consecutive win.....longest in the nation

CHS_89
10-29-2015, 10:21 PM
First time I've seen the Bobcats this year. Huge o-line, scrappy defense, a lot of offensive weapons. This may just be one of the fastest Celina teams I've seen in a while. QB is a stud. Go Cats!

regaleagle
10-29-2015, 10:26 PM
Celina will be very tough to beat this season, imho.

d0tc0m
10-29-2015, 10:38 PM
Celina will be very tough to beat this season, imho.

So will Argyle, for that matter ... Eagles are going to be scary in the postseason.

buff4ever
10-29-2015, 11:54 PM
Giddings 52
Smithville 14

WOS87
10-30-2015, 01:21 AM
So what's gonna happen next week with Caldwell? Do they have a chance? Looks like WOS could very well have to wade through three District 11 teams in a row to get out of the region. I guess it doesn't really matter what the order is.

d0tc0m
10-30-2015, 10:01 AM
So what's gonna happen next week with Caldwell? Do they have a chance? Looks like WOS could very well have to wade through three District 11 teams in a row to get out of the region. I guess it doesn't really matter what the order is.

Toughest Region in Division II, I think. Mustangs should be fine, though. All roads still lead to a WO-S/Giddings showdown for the Region title, in my opinion.

Aesculus gilmus
10-30-2015, 10:17 AM
Celina 63
Aubrey 19
FINAL

Bobcats wrap up the top spot in District 3. On the road at Krum next week to - hopefully - polish off an undefeated regular season.

I still remember Aubrey imploding in 2013 and dropping eventual state champion Argyle down into Division II. I think it's safe to assume Aubrey is not really into football.

On a somewhat related note (it involves Collin County), I would like to thank the voluptuous Hispanic girl whose home I stopped by last night to ask directions to Nevada Community High School. My passenger and I were lost and headed north toward Oklahoma. She turned us around and directed us back to Hwy. 380. Went west down 380 a couple of miles and saw the FM road we needed to take. Then, still not really knowing how far south of 380 to go, I stopped at a Baptist church where a guy involved in a remodeling project looked at his smartphone and told us we were getting "warm" (only 6.6 miles away from CHS). A few minutes down the road later, we saw the "Thursday Night Lights" of Braves Field. This is why I left Gilmer at 4. I knew I'd have to allow for at least a half hour of wandering around lost on the Blackland Prairie.

My passenger, incidentally, did not think it safe to ask residents of the area for directions. Fortunately, I ignored her advice. My fear of Collin County strangers was not nearly as great as my fear of accidentally driving all the way to Oklahoma.

d0tc0m
10-30-2015, 10:22 AM
I still remember Aubrey imploding in 2013 and dropping eventual state champion Argyle down into Division II. I think it's safe to assume Aubrey is not really into football.

On a somewhat related note (it involves Collin County), I would like to thank the voluptuous Hispanic girl whose home I stopped by last night to ask directions to Nevada Community High School. My passenger and I were lost and headed north toward Oklahoma. She turned us around and directed us back to Hwy. 380. Went west down 380 a couple of miles and saw the FM road we needed to take. Then, still not really knowing how far south of 380 to go, I stopped at a Baptist church where a guy involved in a remodeling project looked at his smartphone and told us we were getting "warm" (only 6.6 miles away from CHS). A few minutes down the road later, we saw the "Thursday Night Lights" of Braves Field. This is why I left Gilmer at 4. I knew I'd have to allow for at least a half hour of wandering around lost on the Blackland Prairie.

My passenger, incidentally, did not think it safe to ask residents of the area for directions. Fortunately, I ignored her advice. My fear of Collin County strangers was not nearly as great as my fear of accidentally driving all the way to Oklahoma.

Haha nice story! Collin County's not so bad. Glad you humbled yourself for directions before you got to Oklahoma. People sometimes cross the Red River and are never heard from again.

As far as Aubrey goes, they might win a playoff game and scare Sweetwater for about five minutes. The Chaps have a bizarre offense that can break a big play on occasion. If they get down by two scores, though, it's over. They were 0-for-4 passing against the Bobcats last night.

waterboy
10-30-2015, 10:23 AM
Dang, Aesculus gilmus! Ever heard of MapQuest? :D

I knew exactly where to go even though I didn't. Didn't they also give directions in the Gilmer Mirror?

By the way, I was only 20 to 25 miles from there in Campbell last night.

Aesculus gilmus
10-30-2015, 10:33 AM
Dang, Aesculus gilmus! Ever heard of MapQuest? :D

I knew exactly where to go even though I didn't. Didn't they also give directions in the Gilmer Mirror?

By the way, I was only 20 to 25 miles from there in Campbell last night.

I guess I SHOULD HAVE used MapQuest. It's my own fault for two reasons. One, I used Google Maps, whose directions became more and more vague the closer you got to CHS. I made it to Caddo Mills without incident. That's where I somehow took a wrong turn. At least I had been on 380 before and knew when you crossed over it heading north, you would soon end up in "Indian Territory."

The second reason is that I tried going the "shortcut" via US 69 rather than the recommended I-30 route for much of the way. It was going to be six miles shorter via 69, which wound up being negated and then some by that wrong turn (or, more likely, failure to turn) I made at Caddo Mills. Oh, well. All's well that ends well. I am still worried, though about the condition of the Community player who had to be carted off in the second quarter. If anyone knows his condition, please let us know. It appeared to be No. 20. He landed on the back of his neck after tripping over two of his fellow defenders while pursuing Kelton Collier.

waterboy
10-30-2015, 11:17 AM
I guess I SHOULD HAVE used MapQuest. It's my own fault for two reasons. One, I used Google Maps, whose directions became more and more vague the closer you got to CHS. I made it to Caddo Mills without incident. That's where I somehow took a wrong turn. At least I had been on 380 before and knew when you crossed over it heading north, you would soon end up in "Indian Territory."

The second reason is that I tried going the "shortcut" via US 69 rather than the recommended I-30 route for much of the way. It was going to be six miles shorter via 69, which wound up being negated and then some by that wrong turn (or, more likely, failure to turn) I made at Caddo Mills. Oh, well. All's well that ends well. I am still worried, though about the condition of the Community player who had to be carted off in the second quarter. If anyone knows his condition, please let us know. It appeared to be No. 20. He landed on the back of his neck after tripping over two of his fellow defenders while pursuing Kelton Collier.

I understand..., I've done it before, too. I, too, like to get off the beaten path sometimes, IF I have time, which is rare. I still always make sure before I leave the house exactly what highways to take, about how far each turn should be, etc. I even look at the satellite version of the site so I'll know what the place looks like and its orientation. Heck, I even read a brief history of Nevada on MapQuest, and found out I've been pronouncing Nevada wrong. :D

I, too, pray that the Brave player that was hurt is okay. I don't think anybody on here is from Nevada, or knows anything about the Braves, so no news is probably better than big news. Possible neck injuries are always scary.

waterboy
10-30-2015, 11:45 AM
By the way, Aesculus gilmus, what was the record the announcers were talking about that was broken last night against the Braves? It was mentioned, but I didn't hear the story. I was trying to listen to the Buckeye game on my phone while watching a different game.

Aesculus gilmus
10-30-2015, 12:14 PM
I have no clue. Joe Dodd could tell you. He is probably the one who told them about whatever record it was.

I was also watching another game at times (on my phone) - West Virginia-TCU. It got me through the interminable halftime. The Buckeyes were standing on their sideline ready to go for about 10 minutes while the CHS Band continued its halftime show in Halloween costumes. I'd say halftime stopped action for around 40 minutes last night. The game started at 7 and ended around 10:30. And there I was anticipating they'd run the clock continuously in the second half. No such luck.

CP3Dad
10-30-2015, 02:14 PM
TCU 40
W.Va.10

16th consecutive win.....longest in the nation

Ohio State would disagree

waterboy
10-30-2015, 02:38 PM
Ohio State would disagree

I was about to say the same thing. The only two teams in the country with Buckeyes as their mascot haven't been beaten since the 2013 season. Both won championships last year, and are undefeated thus far this season.

buckeyebob
10-30-2015, 03:47 PM

There are no signs in Caddo Mills...no one can read them...& they call us hicks

buckeyebob
10-30-2015, 03:53 PM
By the way, Aesculus gilmus, what was the record the announcers were talking about that was broken last night against the Braves? It was mentioned, but I didn't hear the story. I was trying to listen to the Buckeye game on my phone while watching a different game.

I have no clue. Joe Dodd could tell you. He is probably the one who told them about whatever record it was.

I was also watching another game at times (on my phone) - West Virginia-TCU. It got me through the interminable halftime. The Buckeyes were standing on their sideline ready to go for about 10 minutes while the CHS Band continued its halftime show in Halloween costumes. I'd say halftime stopped action for around 40 minutes last night. The game started at 7 and ended around 10:30. And there I was anticipating they'd run the clock continuously in the second half. No such luck.

I am so ashamed of you both...pitiful...our Bux deserve your full attention

waterboy
10-30-2015, 04:30 PM
I am so ashamed of you both...pitiful...our Bux deserve your full attention

Some of us ain't retired, and have kids that go to a different school where their mother teaches. I have to at least show up for 2, maybe 3 games at my daughter's school since she is a cheerleader, and my wife is a faculty member. My wife and daughter driving home late at night on a 2-hour trip alone bothers me, so I drove them to theirs. I also knew the outcome of the Gilmer game beforehand. As a bonus, I got to see my eldest daughter who goes to college at A&M Commerce for a few hours, too.

So...., Mister Buckeye, what was the record all about? Or do you even know...?