PDA

View Full Version : Week 10 Playoff Projections from TheOldCoach

Matthew328
10-28-2015, 08:00 PM
http://www.scout.com/high-school/texas/story/1604750-theoldcoach-week-10-playoff-projections

All classes

Rabid Cougar
10-29-2015, 10:10 AM
Region IV

Canyon Lake vs. Waco LaVega

Beeville Jones vs. Kingsville

Burnet vs. Liberty Hill

Zapata vs. Gonzales

Rio Grande City Grulla vs. LaVernia

Gatesville vs. Boerne

Rockport-Fulton vs. LaFeria

Taylor vs. China Spring

Not taking anything for granted but Waco to LaFeria is 445 Miles. Dalhart to LaFeria is only 830. Not another playoff possibilty of that Distance in the state. :1omg!:

slingshot
10-29-2015, 10:26 AM
Region IV

Canyon Lake vs. Waco LaVega

Beeville Jones vs. Kingsville

Burnet vs. Liberty Hill

Zapata vs. Gonzales

Rio Grande City Grulla vs. LaVernia

Gatesville vs. Boerne

Rockport-Fulton vs. LaFeria

Taylor vs. China Spring

Not taking anything for granted but Waco to LaFeria is 445 Miles. Dalhart to LaFeria is only 830. Not another playoff possibilty of that Distance in the state. :1omg!:Welcome to our world. When we play the El Paso area teams in the early playoff rounds we have similar distances involved--usually end up playing them in Midland or Odessa.

Sweetwater Red
10-29-2015, 11:04 AM
Longest drives for the first rd in Region I both divisions

From Borger to Clint Mountain View is 506 miles or 7hrs and 50mins
From Clint to Pampa is 509 miles or 7hrs and 44 mins

Also, in DII

From Perryton to Midland Greenwood is 359 miles or 5 hrs 19 mins
From Monahans to Dalhart is 354 miles or 5 hrs 22 mins
From Iowa Park to Pecos is 364 miles or 5 hrs 21 mins

Just realized I used prep's projected playoff bracket. The difference
and distance between towns Matt and preps chose is minimal. So, this
is still pretty accurate.

Breacher9
10-29-2015, 11:13 AM
I do not feel like anyone from District 16 will beat any teams from District 15. So you wont have to make that far of a drive Rabid Cougar!!

Rabid Cougar
10-30-2015, 09:40 AM
I do not feel like anyone from District 16 will beat any teams from District 15. So you wont have to make that far of a drive Rabid Cougar!!

I really didn't think we would to begin with. I was thinking somewhere around San Antonio. This will be a very new adventure for us. We have been to playoffs in Region I (with games up in Aledo and Stephenville and regionals in Track in Lubbock) Region III (basically everywhere in SE Texas, Regional Track in Humble) and now Region IV . Maybe do the Region II tour next year.

Breacher9
10-30-2015, 10:25 AM
District 15 is still undecided. Rockport, Beeville and Gonzales look all to be pretty evenly matched. These next two weeks will decide which place each of them will get. And which bracket they will fall in. All of them looking to play China Springs, La Vega, and Liberty Hill in the second round. I dont know which route would be the easiest?!?! I guess its kind of pick your poison because all teams seem to be pretty talented from what I have read on the forum. What are your thoughts of those two districts Rabid Cougar?

Rabid Cougar
10-30-2015, 01:59 PM
District 15 is still undecided. Rockport, Beeville and Gonzales look all to be pretty evenly matched. These next two weeks will decide which place each of them will get. And which bracket they will fall in. All of them looking to play China Springs, La Vega, and Liberty Hill in the second round. I dont know which route would be the easiest?!?! I guess its kind of pick your poison because all teams seem to be pretty talented from what I have read on the forum. What are your thoughts of those two districts Rabid Cougar?

You probably dont want to play any of those three Central Texas teams listed right now. The rest? Toss ups.