PDA

View Full Version : La Vega vs Brunettes, I mean Burnet

Rocket Man
10-28-2015, 01:59 PM
Hmmmm, could be a trap game for the Pirates since they beat CS & Gatesville who both have beaten the Brunettes.

Overconfidence + nice loooonnnggg road trip + unfamiliar facilities + clinched playoff spot (LV) = potential trap game upset

Just saying, so's I can say you saw here it first folks (if it happens).

Rabid Cougar
10-28-2015, 06:09 PM
I have seen it happen before.

Cam
10-28-2015, 10:12 PM
Burnet is a proud team...plus, those boys will be fightin' for their playoff lives!....I wouldn't be surprised if this game is closer than most folks think it will be......

Rocket Man
10-28-2015, 11:28 PM
Last year's Halloween games saw the favorites lose:

GH beat RR
LV beat BB
LB beat CSC

It was a strange night.

greendawg84
10-29-2015, 07:54 AM
Last year was strange , forgot about that . Dont think we have the speed to keep up with them . It might be close for the first half but I think they wear our D out and pull away . Seems to be the trend with this years team . I think we have to win one of the last 2 games or no playoffs for the Dawgs .

Gatesville - Robinson should be a great game to watch . Give me the home team in this one !

Now go test a rocket Rocket Man !

Rabid Cougar
10-29-2015, 09:34 AM
I heard that McGregor is changing their name to the Rockets since they have real ones...........:stirpot:

Rocket Man
10-29-2015, 12:45 PM
I heard that McGregor is changing their name to the Rockets since they have real ones...........:stirpot:

What 'choo talkin' 'bout Willis?

I'll see your :stirpot: and raise you :stirpot::stirpot:

Well, I wouldn't blame them, anything except Cougars would be better than Bullfrogs, I mean Bulldogs......

Rabid Cougar
10-29-2015, 01:01 PM
What 'choo talkin' 'bout Willis?

I'll see your :stirpot: and raise you :stirpot::stirpot:

Well, I wouldn't blame them, anything except Cougars would be better than Bullfrogs, I mean Bulldogs......

McGregors touchdown Rocket:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW_A4ua7p8M

Rocket Man
10-29-2015, 01:18 PM
Last year was strange , forgot about that . Dont think we have the speed to keep up with them . It might be close for the first half but I think they wear our D out and pull away . Seems to be the trend with this years team . I think we have to win one of the last 2 games or no playoffs for the Dawgs .

Gatesville - Robinson should be a great game to watch . Give me the home team in this one !

Now go test a rocket Rocket Man !

Testing will take place tonight in Gatesville, with live firing to commence Friday at 19:30 sharp.

Rocket Man
10-30-2015, 11:08 AM
Testing will take place tonight in Gatesville, with live firing to commence Friday at 19:30 sharp.

Testing didn't go as well as expected last night, but nevertheless, the live firing will still commence tonight REGARDLESS of the weather.

Cam,

Is rain expected in Burnet tonight?

Cam
10-30-2015, 12:12 PM
Testing didn't go as well as expected last night, but nevertheless, the live firing will still commence tonight REGARDLESS of the weather.

Cam,

Is rain expected in Burnet tonight?

I'm not for sure...these weathermen are some lyin' sunsbitches.....the last one did say we might catch a break during game time but the heavy rain would come later in the night and into Saturday.....hope that happens...Burnet needs to air it out tonight!!!.......

Rocket Man
10-30-2015, 12:51 PM
I'm not for sure...these weathermen are some lyin' sunsbitches.....the last one did say we might catch a break during game time but the heavy rain would come later in the night and into Saturday.....hope that happens...Burnet needs to air it out tonight!!!.......

Yeah, rain would certainly dampen the air attack.........still, the trap theory might just come to fruition.....

You going to the game?

Cam
10-30-2015, 12:59 PM
Yeah, rain would certainly dampen the air attack.........still, the trap theory might just come to fruition.....

You going to the game?

I will be there.....umbrella in hand....where it will probably stay......one of them plastic pullover rain ponchos (or is that pancho??)......and a special silk "sock" sprayed with water repellent for my left nut!.......

Rocket Man
10-30-2015, 10:55 PM
What the heck happened, y'all are leading them the whole freaking game and right at the end they score not one but 2TDs.

Looks like it was a heck of a game, much better than the play calling crap I watched tonight.

stardog
10-30-2015, 11:42 PM
La Vega used up all their luck in this game. Burnet won the battle but lost the game with about 1:40 left in the game. I think La Vega fumbled six times and recoverd 5 of them. Burnet stopped them late in the 4th quarter on a run up the middle about the 5 yd line with big pile up but runner broke lose and scored. Everyone thought the play was stopped - no touchdown was called at first. The refs looked at each other then talked about it and then ruled TD. LV got the ball back at own 37 and ran a trick reverse play and ran 63 yards for TD with 1:40 left. Burnet took kickoff drove down to 20 and game ended on an interception at the 1 yd line.

stardog
10-31-2015, 12:01 AM
Not very many fans for this game. Missed a good one. Burnet's side was only 1/2 full and La Vega had about 15 fans - no band - no cheerleaders - no drill team.

Cam
10-31-2015, 12:02 AM
Burnet is a proud team...plus, those boys will be fightin' for their playoff lives!....I wouldn't be surprised if this game is closer than most folks think it will be......

What he said!....Oh wait, that was me!....:D:D.....Very proud of Burnet boys and how they fought....I think the team grew up a lot tonight....If Burnet recovers that last fumble on LV's game tying drive, that game is over...somehow LV recovered and went on to tie....Great effort by both teams....and how in the heck does a small community like La Vega get so many big kids?? Holy cow man!!!......It took a double-reverse-whatever-the-heck-that-was-trick-play by LV to win that game..credit to LV for bringing that one out at the right moment.....but Burnet proved they could hang.....there were enough positives tonight for Dawgs to take with them for the remainder....I hope they realize what they did tonight......And whomever gets La Vega in the playoffs, you won't like what you see coming!.....

.....this is all Greendawg's fault!......

So Greendawg, did you get a lump in your throat walkin' your boy on the field for senior night before the game?.....I remember I did.....

Rabid Cougar
10-31-2015, 12:05 AM
Bellmead has over 10,000 in population, twice the size of Burnet. That aint small.

Tejastrue
10-31-2015, 12:09 AM
Stardog...You are leaving out so many details. Burnet announcers believed the ball carrier lateraled the ball to another player for the score. How did LV get the ball back..by stopping Burnet on three straight plays with little time used. Thought the reverse play was a brilliant call at that time of the game. Valiant effort by Burnet to get in the end zone in the closing seconds. As I said earlier on another thread..a very entertaining game! Cam.. you get it..

Cam
10-31-2015, 12:21 AM
Stardog...You are leaving out so much details. Burnet announcers believed the ball carrier lateraled the ball to another player for the score. How did LV get the ball back..by stopping Burnet on three straight plays with little time used. Thought the reverse play was a brilliant call at that time of the game. Valiant effort by Burnet to get in the end zone in the closing seconds. As I said earlier on another thread..a very entertaining game! Cam.. you get it..

I'm not sure what happened on that play...there was a pile...the ball carrier appeared down...I thought I heard a whistle...then I saw an LV player running with the ball all by himself for a TD...I did not see a lateral.....too many bodies in the way....but it could've happened.....it appeared some players thought the play was over....yep, Burnet went 3 and out....I did not like the first down call with Burnet trying to go for all the marbles but instead resulted in an incomplete pass.......would've liked to see them use more high percentage plays on that possession.....but what do I know......

Tejastrue
10-31-2015, 12:23 AM
I'm not sure what happened on that play...there was a pile...the ball carrier appeared down...I thought I heard a whistle...then I saw an LV player running with the ball all by himself for a TD...I did not see a lateral.....too many bodies in the way....but it could've happened.....it appeared some players thought the play was over....yep, Burnet went 3 and out....I did not like the first down call with Burnet trying to go for all the marbles but instead resulted in an incomplete pass.......would've liked to see them use more high percentage plays on that possession.....but what do I know......

More than you care to share...lol hey..come out to our game tomorrow..I promise the restrooms will be much more accommodating..:speech:

Cam
10-31-2015, 12:30 AM
More than you care to share...lol hey..come out to our game tomorrow..I promise the restrooms will be much more accommodating..:speech:

game in Wimberley?.....man, I don't know.....I got too many honey do's....but good luck tomorrow....hearin' thunder out here in Buchanan Dam.....looks like it's coming in.....

toddg
10-31-2015, 12:32 AM
Bellmead has over 10,000 in population, twice the size of Burnet. That aint small.
Almost 3 times the population of Alvarado... But, they always have size and speed, it always size!!

Tejastrue
10-31-2015, 12:39 AM
game in Wimberley?.....man, I don't know.....I got too many honey do's....but good luck tomorrow....hearin' thunder out here in Buchanan Dam.....looks like it's coming in.....

I always knew you were whupped...hold on a minute..what is that dear?? Sorry got to go...best of luck the rest of the season!! Bye!!

Cam
10-31-2015, 12:46 AM
I always knew you were whupped...hold on a minute..what is that dear?? Sorry got to go...best of luck the rest of the season!! Bye!!

whooped worse than whipped cream!!!!........:doh:.....good luck to them Texans as well.....

stardog
10-31-2015, 10:13 AM
Stardog...You are leaving out so many details. Burnet announcers believed the ball carrier lateraled the ball to another player for the score. How did LV get the ball back..by stopping Burnet on three straight plays with little time used. Thought the reverse play was a brilliant call at that time of the game. Valiant effort by Burnet to get in the end zone in the closing seconds. As I said earlier on another thread..a very entertaining game! Cam.. you get it..

How am I leaving out details ? As I and Cam said couldn't tell exactly what happened other than play seemed to be over -even refs had to talk about it before calling TD. Apparently you didn't even see at all what happened - your going by what the announcer "believed". I left out that Burnet didn't do anything with their possession - that obvious since LV had the ball back and scored on that double reverse. Burnet also did not get into the end zone in the closing seconds or would have won the game. LV int. on the one as game ended. Your details are not even correct. Your game isn't worth the trip since GN will easily win this one. I don't believe La Vega is #1 ranked team. Fairly good running game against Burnet's smaller lighter defense. They have no passing game !

Rabid Cougar
10-31-2015, 10:26 AM
I don't believe La Vega is #1 ranked team. Fairly good running game against Burnet's smaller lighter defense. They have no passing game !

Come now. You think a lesser quality team could pull that game out of the hat? When you can run the ball the way they can why would you pass???????

stardog
10-31-2015, 11:03 AM
Come now. You think a lesser quality team could pull that game out of the hat? When you can run the ball the way they can why would you pass???????

When they tried they showed what they had. Yes they run. Really didn't know why they tried passing. They seemed to move the ball at least 3-5 yds on runs. As Cam would say they pulled that game out by the skin of their arse.

Tejastrue
10-31-2015, 11:44 AM
How am I leaving out details ? As I and Cam said couldn't tell exactly what happened other than play seemed to be over -even refs had to talk about it before calling TD. Apparently you didn't even see at all what happened - your going by what the announcer "believed". I left out that Burnet didn't do anything with their possession - that obvious since LV had the ball back and scored on that double reverse. Burnet also did not get into the end zone in the closing seconds or would have won the game. LV int. on the one as game ended. Your details are not even correct. Your game isn't worth the trip since GN will easily win this one. I don't believe La Vega is #1 ranked team. Fairly good running game against Burnet's smaller lighter defense. They have no passing game !

Granted, I was listening to the Burnet feed and that's all I had to go by so blame the homers calling the game if you disagree and I don't know how many times folks criticized Wimberley and doubted their top ranked status throughout the year in 2011. That turned out okay. There will always be those trap games but it's all about finding a way to pull out the win that is the mark of a champion. They may or may not make it but it is a very good sign for that football team. As I said before Burnet played a great game, well enough to win. Just didn't happen. Something I can relate to for most of season in regards to Wimberley.

stardog
10-31-2015, 11:57 AM
Granted, I was listening to the Burnet feed and that's all I had to go by so blame the homers calling the game if you disagree and I don't know how many times folks criticized Wimberley and doubted their top ranked status throughout the year in 2011. That turned out okay. There will always be those trap games but it's all about finding a way to pull out the win that is the mark of a champion. They may or may not make it but it is a very good sign for that football team. As I said before Burnet played a great game, well enough to win. Just didn't happen. Something I can relate to for most of season in regards to Wimberley.

Looks like Wimberley started slow but coming on strong now. Burnet was a underdog but gave LV a game. If Wimberley can keep going like they have last few games they can give GN a game.