PDA

View Full Version : Fairfield vs. Mexia for the district titile

coach
10-28-2015, 01:05 PM
This is basically for the district title. We clinch with a win and Mexia clinches with a win this week and next week. Who do ya got?

Rocket Man
10-28-2015, 01:52 PM
I believe Fairfield will win this game, especially since they are playing at home.

Yoe_09
10-28-2015, 02:14 PM
This is basically for the district title. We clinch with a win and Mexia clinches with a win this week and next week. Who do ya got?

Well, if Fairfield were to beat Mexia, then the district title would probably go down to Lorena/Fairfield (Lorena beat Mexia). If Mexia beats Fairfield, then you could potentially be looking at a 3-way tie atop the district if Fairfield were to turn around and beat Lorena the next week.

If Mexia were to win this week, they would still have to have Fairfield beat Lorena. If Lorena would defeat Fairfield they would both be 4-1 with the head-to-head favoring Lorena.

To me, Fairfield is the favorite right now.

Rocket Man
10-28-2015, 02:31 PM
Well, if Fairfield were to beat Mexia, then the district title would probably go down to Lorena/Fairfield (Lorena beat Mexia). If Mexia beats Fairfield, then you could potentially be looking at a 3-way tie atop the district if Fairfield were to turn around and beat Lorena the next week.

If Mexia were to win this week, they would still have to have Fairfield beat Lorena. If Lorena would defeat Fairfield they would both be 4-1 with the head-to-head favoring Lorena.

To me, Fairfield is the favorite right now.

If Mexia beats Fairfield then Lorena will have to lose to Connally for there to be a 3 way tie.

If Lorena beats Connally and Mexia beats Fairfield, then LL will be in 1st place; if this happens and then Fairfield beats Lorena, there will be a 3 way tie for first. (providing Mexia wins its final season game).

If Lorena beats Connally & Fairfield, then they would be 5-0 and district champs; the winner of the Fairfield/Mexia game would be second & loser most likely third.

I think I got that right......:thinking:

coach
10-28-2015, 03:03 PM
FWIW Mexia's best player did't play last week and the weather heavily favored Lorena.

FB-fanatic
10-28-2015, 05:47 PM
FWIW Mexia's best player did't play last week and the weather heavily favored Lorena.

And Lorena's defense played no part in this?

FB-fanatic
10-28-2015, 05:55 PM

"Basically"... I guess I'll argue that one, coach. Max Preps has Fairfield and Lorena pretty close, and Lorena not only beat Mexia, but Mexia at home. You might want to consider playing one game at a time before crowning a district champ.

Yoe_09
10-29-2015, 09:19 AM
If Mexia beats Fairfield then Lorena will have to lose to Connally for there to be a 3 way tie.

If Lorena beats Connally and Mexia beats Fairfield, then LL will be in 1st place; if this happens and then Fairfield beats Lorena, there will be a 3 way tie for first. (providing Mexia wins its final season game).

If Lorena beats Connally & Fairfield, then they would be 5-0 and district champs; the winner of the Fairfield/Mexia game would be second & loser most likely third.

I think I got that right......:thinking:

Yes, that would be current. Currently,

Mexia is 2-1
Fairfield is 3-0
Lorena is 3-0

IF Mexia beats Fairfield (and Lorena beats Connally), it would be:

Mexia 3-1
Fairfield 3-1
Lorena 4-0

Then, IF Fairfield turns around and beats Lorena (and Mexia beats Groesbeck), it would be:

Mexia 4-1
Fairfield 4-1
Lorena 4-1

coach
10-29-2015, 09:41 AM
And Lorena's defense played no part in this?

Not saying that. I watched the film multiple times. Lorean looked great on defense.

coach
10-29-2015, 09:43 AM
"Basically"... I guess I'll argue that one, coach. Max Preps has Fairfield and Lorena pretty close, and Lorena not only beat Mexia, but Mexia at home. You might want to consider playing one game at a time before crowning a district champ.

When I originally posted this I had thought Lorena already had one district loss. I forgot they were undefeated. So the DC could very well be determined next week in Lorena, but first we have a HUGE task tomorrow night.