(1) Dallas Madison at *Ferris
Dallas Roosevelt vs *Godley (13)

Dist. 5

Emory Rains vs *Canton (5)
Nevada Community vs *Gilmer (42)
(24) Bullard vs *Melissa

Dist. 6

(18) Atlanta at *Tatum
Texarkana Pleasant Grove at *Center (14)
(30) Gladewater at *Longview Spring Hill

Dist. 7

Rusk at *Groesbeck (11)
(3) Lorena at *Waco Connally
Mexia at *Fairfield (8)

Dist. 8

Diboll at *Shepherd (1)
Huntington at *Coldspring-Oakhurst (28)
(7) Cleveland Tarkington vs *Madisonville

Dist. 9

(10) Hamshire-Fannett at *Liberty
Hardin-Jefferson at *West Orange-Stark (38)
Orangefield vs Open

Dist. 10

(39) Houston Kashmere at *Houston Scarborough
Houston Worthing at *La Marque (16)

Dist. 11

Caldwell vs Open
(35) Giddings at *Smithville
(49) La Grange vs *Salado

Dist. 12

(21) Bellville vs *Columbus
Brookshire Royal vs *Sweeny (12)
Wharton vs Open

Dist. 13

Llano vs *Hondo (2)
Wimberley vs *Geronimo Navarro (32)
Lytle vs Open

Dist. 14

Poteet at *Devine (36)
Carrizo Springs vs Open
Crystal City vs *Pearsall (6)

Dist. 15

(10) Cuero vs *Ingleside
(23) Yoakum vs *Jourdanton
Sinton vs Open

Dist. 16

(8) Corpus Christi West Oso vs *Progreso
(35) Orange Grove at *Port Isabel
Raymondville at *Rio Hondo (11)

lostaussie
10-28-2015, 09:21 AM
Only 42 point favs? We scored 92 last year....... My how the Mighty have fallen!!!

waterboy
10-28-2015, 09:37 AM
Only 42 point favs? We scored 92 last year....... My how the Mighty have fallen!!!

No we didn't. We had that TD erased because of the bully rule. We only scored 85 points officially :D. In reality, I think we "probably" could've broker Aledo's scoring record last year if we would've tried.

I seriously doubt that this game will be as bad as that one. I would hope that we would be able to get some quality PT for our second string QB with rest of the starters out there. I don't think there would be much of a dropoff, and Nevada should be overmatched in the trenches. We need work, however, and Zac will likely play the entire first half, regardless of the score.

WOS87
10-28-2015, 01:49 PM
WOS may have actually been picked to lose to Hardin-Jefferson last year as they were undefeated going into that game and we had two losses. Things are a little different this year.

lostaussie
10-28-2015, 02:11 PM
Yep HJ was pretty good last year. What is their record this year?

WOS87
10-28-2015, 02:17 PM
2-6, 0-2 in district. They'll most likely be playing Liberty for the 4th playoff spot next week.

waterboy
10-28-2015, 02:17 PM
Yep HJ was pretty good last year. What is their record this year?

NM

WOS87 beat me to it. They are definitely down this year.

Sweetwater Red
10-28-2015, 02:47 PM
WOS may have actually been picked to lose to Hardin-Jefferson last year as they were undefeated going into that game and we had two losses. Things are a little different this year.

Nope, WOS was a 2 point favorite that went on to win 42-21.

chaingang
10-29-2015, 08:42 AM
NM

WOS87 beat me to it. They are definitely down this year.

Go look at the team Bridge City has this season. Almost the same team from last years 1 win(I think 1 win) season and now they have a shot at going 8-2 with a district championship. They are only 6 combined points from being undefeated. Now look closely at their "new" head coach and quarter back. Its Dubois and his son Camden that was the HC and starting QB for HJ respectivly last season. The guy can coach! Literally took a 1 or 2 win team and flipped the script with 1 offseason at the helm. Anyways, I say all that to explain why HJ dropped off so much.

waterboy
10-29-2015, 10:16 AM
Go look at the team Bridge City has this season. Almost the same team from last years 1 win(I think 1 win) season and now they have a shot at going 8-2 with a district championship. They are only 6 combined points from being undefeated. Now look closely at their "new" head coach and quarter back. Its Dubois and his son Camden that was the HC and starting QB for HJ respectivly last season. The guy can coach! Literally took a 1 or 2 win team and flipped the script with 1 offseason at the helm. Anyways, I say all that to explain why HJ dropped off so much.

That explains a lot. I wasn't aware of any of that. We don't get much SE Texas news up this way, and I don't remember reading anything on any forums about those changes. I still didn't think that H-J would drop that much in one season. And kudos to Coach Dubois and his son, Camden, for turning the program around at Bridge City so quickly. To turn that Bridge City program around 180 degrees in one season is quite an accomplishment.

chaingang
10-29-2015, 11:30 AM
That explains a lot. I wasn't aware of any of that. We don't get much SE Texas news up this way, and I don't remember reading anything on any forums about those changes. I still didn't think that H-J would drop that much in one season. And kudos to Coach Dubois and his son, Camden, for turning the program around at Bridge City so quickly. To turn that Bridge City program around 180 degrees in one season is quite an accomplishment.

What also helped is that Dubois has en emotional investment at Bridge City also. He was a player for BC back when they were dang good and his father in law is the Mayor. It was his homecoming per say.

waterboy
10-29-2015, 11:33 AM
What also helped is that Dubois has en emotional investment at Bridge City also. He was a player for BC back when they were dang good and his father in law is the Mayor. It was his homecoming per say.

Sounds like he is back at home. Good for him. Now..................., if Jeff Traylor could come back home...... :D

Matt Turner will be just fine if they give him the same opportunity and time they gave Jeff, though.

chaingang
10-29-2015, 11:59 AM
Sounds like he is back at home. Good for him. Now..................., if Jeff Traylor could come back home...... :D

Matt Turner will be just fine if they give him the same opportunity and time they gave Jeff, though.

Nah, hes good right where he is at........not at Gilmer. LOL

GUNHO
10-29-2015, 06:45 PM
Another thing that didn't help HJ is the new coach put in a new offensive scheme.He finally decided to go back to the wing T they are used to and the last two games they have been doing a lot better.You know the saying....if it ain't broke don't try and fix it.lol