PDA

View Full Version : Wylie @ Big Spring...this will be a tough one.

slingshot
10-27-2015, 05:32 PM
Deciding where to eat that is... Al's Special BBQ sandwich (outstanding--Hoagie roll with smoked ham, sliced sausage and sliced brisket) at Al's BBQ or Hamburger (maybe the best I've ever had) at the Settles Grill? As for the game? Just hope we get out without any more serious injuries--losing 3 starters (one for the season) last week against Snyder was bad enough.

ccmom
10-28-2015, 12:05 AM
Deciding where to eat that is... Al's Special BBQ sandwich (outstanding--Hoagie roll with smoked ham, sliced sausage and sliced brisket) at Al's BBQ or Hamburger (maybe the best I've ever had) at the Settles Grill? As for the game? Just hope we get out without any more serious injuries--losing 3 starters (one for the season) last week against Snyder was bad enough.

I added yet another unpleasant visit to Big Spring for a football game to my list tonight. We didn't even stick around for food. I'm gonna need a couple days to think about it before deciding if I am up for another trip on Friday. BS is on my "list" but not the list of favorite places to go .

Keep em safe and healthy out there doc. We appreciate all of work our medical staff puts in each week. Trainers too...thank you!

Now back to the game. If the BS peeps find out I coming back on Friday, they will likely beef up the police presence. They are probably afraid I would have more to say than I already said tonight. Nobogey, shoot me a text if you see me getting out of hand. I'm not promising I won't reply by shooting the finger, but I do sometimes need a gentle nudge to remind me to CTHD. ;)
Go Bulldogs!! The district title is there for the taking. Claim it! These injuries are terribly unfortunate, but we have depth and guys just waiting for their time to shine! Can't wait to see who shines this week!! Bulldogs always make us proud!!

slingshot
10-28-2015, 12:21 AM
I added yet another unpleasant visit to Big Spring for a football game to my list tonight. We didn't even stick around for food. I'm gonna need a couple days to think about it before deciding if I am up for another trip on Friday. BS is on my "list" but not the list of favorite places to go .

Keep em safe and healthy out there doc. We appreciate all of work our medical staff puts in each week. Trainers too...thank you!

Now back to the game. If the BS peeps find out I coming back on Friday, they will likely beef up the police presence. They are probably afraid I would have more to say than I already said tonight. Nobogey, shoot me a text if you see me getting out of hand. I'm not promising I won't reply by shooting the finger, but I do sometimes need a gentle nudge to remind me to CTHD. ;)
Go Bulldogs!! The district title is there for the taking. Claim it! These injuries are terribly unfortunate, but we have depth and guys just waiting for their time to shine! Can't wait to see who shines this week!! Bulldogs always make us proud!!Bad refs, poor sportsmanship or all of the above?

nobogey72
10-28-2015, 10:02 AM
I hate going there to play. It seems like we always come away from there with at least 1 serious injury ( some on the field, and some in the stands). I fully expect this game to get out of hand score-wise early, and that is when things generally start getting "chippy". On the good side, when I go to Big Spring I always feel like my IQ goes up about 20 points. Big Spring is an unusual team in that their QB is also their MLB, and their nose guard is also a slot receiver. Don't see that every day.

slingshot
10-28-2015, 10:54 AM
I hate going there to play. It seems like we always come away from there with at least 1 serious injury ( some on the field, and some in the stands). I fully expect this game to get out of hand score-wise early, and that is when things generally start getting "chippy". On the good side, when I go to Big Spring I always feel like my IQ goes up about 20 points. Big Spring is an unusual team in that their QB is also their MLB, and their nose guard is also a slot receiver. Don't see that every day.Wait... sure you're not getting Brownwood and Big Spring confused?:thinking: ;)

Red&White_9x5
10-28-2015, 10:56 AM
Does Big Spring still have that real big running back? Not sure exactly what is height and weight is but I know when you see highlights he looks huge

Sweetwater Red
10-28-2015, 11:14 AM
Does Big Spring still have that real big running back? Not sure exactly what is height and weight is but I know when you see highlights he looks huge

They've got the former Sweetwater kid at QB/MLB who ended up over there after his dad took the superintendent job,
a RB (#4) Preston Alexander and that's about it. Atleast that was the case against Kerrville Tivy when I watched them.

nobogey72
10-28-2015, 11:26 AM

Yes they do. He's listed at 235 and has started since he was a freshman. He's now a Jr. He's got a broken hand so don't know how much RB he will play.

ccmom
10-28-2015, 11:34 AM
Bad refs, poor sportsmanship or all of the above?

Don't forget the bad smell! :ack!:

slingshot
10-28-2015, 11:41 AM
Don't forget the bad smell! :ack!:
Depends on which way the wind is blowing... remember--'smells like money'.:thumbsup:

Red&White_9x5
10-28-2015, 12:55 PM
They've got the former Sweetwater kid at QB/MLB who ended up over there after his dad took the superintendent job,
a RB (#4) Preston Alexander and that's about it. Atleast that was the case against Kerrville Tivy when I watched them.

I completely forgot about Wiggington being former Mustang until you mentioned that

ccmom
10-28-2015, 02:00 PM
I completely forgot about Wiggington being former Mustang until you mentioned that

They were Merkel Badgers before that...many moons ago. They are a great family. There's my positive comment of the day. :)

Sweetwater Red
10-28-2015, 02:55 PM

Yep, tough kid on the football field and pretty good baseball player but not very a accurate passer.

hollywood
10-28-2015, 06:44 PM
Depends on which way the wind is blowing... remember--'smells like money'.:thumbsup:

Not as much these days! ;)